Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://kotaku.com/50...y-anime-company

Capcom vs. Anime!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Too bad its never leaving Japan.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. you're not the first person to say that today.. I hope this isn't another Namco x Capcom. Anime is real popular everywhere nowadays, I'd be very disappointed if it stayed in Japan.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
If it doesn't have Q-Bee. I will cry. But yeah, doubt it will ever leave Japan.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Hm.. you're not the first person to say that today.. I hope this isn't another Namco x Capcom. Anime is real popular everywhere nowadays, I'd be very disappointed if it stayed in Japan.

Popularity has nothing to do with it. It's a cross licensing problem. Outside of Japan, distribution rights for these franchises can be sold to any number of licensing companies which can cause a slew of problems if you want to localize a game. That's why you don't often see games in the west that involve more than maybe two or three franchises.

That said, this game had better have Tekkaman Blade. If there isn't, somebody is going to get a fist in their gut.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Popularity has nothing to do with it. It's a cross licensing problem. Outside of Japan, distribution rights for these franchises can be sold to any number of licensing companies which can cause a slew of problems if you want to localize a game. That's why you don't often see games in the west that involve more than maybe two or three franchises.

That said, this game had better have Tekkaman Blade. If there isn't, somebody is going to get a fist in their gut.

Oh.. I hate legal crap.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I haven't been tracking this game much yet since there haven't been many announcements, but I just thought I'd mention to anybody that cares that Tekkaman (original) and Batsu from Rival Schools have been added to the roster. So, now there are three characters on both sides of the crossover. Here are others I'd like to see from both sides. I should mention I want the top three of the lists the most. I should also say I think Capcom needs to step away a bit from their fighters and really dig into their other IPs. I don't want the roster to be like the the the first Capcom vs. SNK where the entire Capcom roster is the SF2 cast plus two.

Tatsunoko
Soul Taker
Tekkaman Blade
Karas
Speed Racer
Any of the Samurai Pizza Cats
Generator Gawl
Roy Focker
Hurricane Polymer

Capcom
Dante
Viewtiful Joe (C'mon, this would be perfect for a Tatsunoko crossover)
Gene (Godhand)
Megaman X and/or Zero
Phoenix Wright
Captain Commando
Strider Hiryu
Falcon (Power Stone)
Albert Wesker
A Darkstalkers characters who is male dammit! I love Felicia and Morrigan and I look forward to their *ahem* designs... getting graphical updates, but come on Capcom. Darkstalkers barely ever gets represented by the guys in crossovers. I'd prefer Talbain or Donovan. Demitri and Raptor come next.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I agree with using non fighter specific IP's, SvC chaos had the same problem (basids not being any fun), It was basically SNK vs.Street Fighter. Comicly, at that time SNK had 4 different fighting franchises, all competing both with Street Fighter AND with each other. Because of this, all the SNK fighters are from fighting games. It wasn't till their resurrection that they though to put Marco (Metal Slug) into a crossover game.

People I hope to see from Capcom:
Jin Satome (My favorite MvC team is Jin Satome + Captain Commando. There is nothing this team cannot handle)
Every one that Zero-Shift Mentioned
Nero
Jin Satome
Axel/ Accel (Also from Power Stone, and like the loser from Megaman X, a gunman)
Urien
As much of the cast of Tech Romancer (japanese name: Choukou Senki: Kikaioh) as possible. Junpei and Shadow Red at the very least. Tech romancer is a giant Anime parody, if no one from this game shows up, those responsible need a CAT scan to find out where their brain is still within their skull.

From the Tatsunoko side,
It wouldn't be complete without someone from Gatchaman
If they have an MvC 1 style helper system, I would be disappointed if Opa-Opa didn't show up to deliver a strafing run. Or a 256 ton weight. Maybe Opa-Opa could be a hyper move for someone from Zillion?
If at all possible, We need someone from Evangelion. The problem is, everyone from that show is worthless without their EVA. Sinji could be a major downed for his opponent, I guess. Maybe they'll make Auska an action girl all of a sudden.

Also, if there are two characters with Giant Robots fighting each other, they should both board them at the start of the battle, and fight it out Cyberbots style.

E: thinking about this is making me want a new Fighters Megamix.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

From the Tatsunoko side,
It wouldn't be complete without someone from Gatchaman

Ken Washio was one of the first characters announced. As it stands, the roster is:

Tatsunoko
Ken Washio
Casshern
Tekkaman

Capcom
Ryu
Chun-Li
Batsu Ichimonji

Also, I think it's highly unlikely there will be any Eva characters in this game. Even though the show was a co-production between Tatsunoko and Gainax, I'm fairly certain Tatsunoko doesn't have the rights to the series.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
We should have Vampire Saviors Sasquatch, Q-Bee, and Raptor, because they would have a godly pressure and mix-up game. =P

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
:) I swear, they better have Breath of Fire characters in it or not release it at all!!!!!

Though having two different Ryus in one game might be confusing...

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Capcom recently announced location tests for this game will begin next month. Shortly after, they revealed two new additions to the character roster: Yatterman No. 1 from Yatterman and Alex from Street Fighter III. Both fine choices if I say so myself. Glad to see some SF3 representation other than Yun.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Alex will be great ^^, but i still want my Ibuki!

Also, is it just me....or does Yatterman look a bit creepy O_o

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Bumpity Bump Bump.

Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Soki from Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams have been added to the Capcom side, while Hurricane Polymar and Gold Lightan are new to the Tatsunoko side.

Awesome <3

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I'm extremely happy to see Soki on the roster. That Capcom added a character from Onimusha seems to imply that they're going to try at least a little bit to use IPs other than fighters.

Gold Lightan is a really big surprise considering it was a friggin 200 ton giant robot. Then again, you could play a Sentinel in the Marvel games. I'm curious to see how they do him.

On the other hand, who wasn't expecting Morrigan and Hurricane Polymar. Morrigan is Morrigan, and Hurricane Polymar is one of the big four Tatsunoko heroes, the other three of which were already in the roster.

Okay Tatsunoko, lets see some modern stuff huh? Give us Tekkaman Blade and Soul Taker!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hate to double post, but I think this needs to be seen. A trailer!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/237105.html

Wow, this game looks even better in motion.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Hate to double post, but I think this needs to be seen. A trailer!

<a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/237105.html" target="_blank">http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/237105.html</a>

Wow, this game looks even better in motion.

Hooray! Looks like they're making the characters in a more 3D style though, like with SF4. But the Hypercombos look NUTS! And it looks like you can even continue an air combo when you swap characters, sweet

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Kotaku says that Capcom will have a Location Test for the game at the EVO world finals in Vegas in early August.

Awesome amirite?

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Well, I don't think I will ever be able to get to EVO, game looks pretty cool though.
SRK is hyped up for this.

:edit:
Alex gets a new Air Hyper Viper Beam, in the form of the Stun Gun Headbutt, too good.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
More new characters announced. From Tatsunoko we get Doronjo and her gang, and from the Capcom we get Megaman (**** yes!) Trigger. Here is the reveal.

TvC new intro

I'm extremely jazzed about Trigger. It's good to see the Legends series get some love after all these years. Doronjo will likely add some big comic relief to the game but I'm still waiting on a more recent Tatsunoko character to be announced. (Soul Taker dammit!)

This game is shaping up rather nicely. The gameplay footage makes it look even crazier than MvC2. The positive buzz I heard from Evo is getting me pretty hyped too.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
gamesite art is pretty. <a href="http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/" target="_blank">http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/</a>

I can't tell if there's any video links there..

Otherwise I'll admit I'm really not familiar with a lot of the Tatsunoko characters [at the moment], but no matter, I want.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I need to know how Morrigan is in this game. D:
Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior characters FTW.

I saw her Soul Fist being big and slow, I like that. Looks like a great lock down move.
And her Dark Illusion combos like in Vampire Savior, I like that also. But it takes up 3 meter.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Okay, more news. There have been rumors for a while but TvC is getting a console release on Wii. I'm glad it's getting a console release, but why on the Wii of all things? It would have been so much easier to release it on PS3 since Playstation is what most hardcore fighting fans play on and importing would have been a snap. I'm not especially fond of any of the Wii's current methods of playing import games. Flip-tops have spoiled me.

On the bright side though more characters have been announced. For Tatsunoko we (finally) got Karas announced and on the Capcom side, completely out of left field, we get the PTX-40A which for the uninformed, myself included, is one of those giant mechs from Lost Planet. It was also announced the Wii version would get exclusive characters, the first of which to announced was a Tatsunoko character called Hakushon Daimaou. I never heard of him before, and after seeing his picture, I kind of wish I hadn't.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. I thought Capcom just announced they weren't gonna do console exclusives because it's not fair. Or was that just Ono speaking on behalf of Street Fighter? Still, if this game is coming out on the Wii that's fine news by me, but they'll need to make an arcade pad for it, no question. Plus I still hope it's coming out in NTSC format, natch.

But wouldn't it also be coming out on the other platforms? I just figure that it can technically run on the Wii, unlike SF4, so it might as well be on the Wii as well.

Edit: Just found out there apparently is an arcade controller or two for the Wii,.. http://www.amazon.co...s...amp;x=0&y=0

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Anyone seen this article? From earlier this month.

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/tatsuno...updates;title;1" target="_blank">http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/tatsuno...updates;title;1</a>

Apparently the game is still using 4 button layout... would've thought 6. Guess that means an arcade stick isn't necessary. I don't see how anyone would want to use the nunchuk for this. Maybe this will be my reason to get a classic pad. Cheaper than an arcade stick too. However it seems again that this game will be import only, from the sound of things. Blah.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
hmm... probably not gonna get too into this one... although I am glad to see Mega Man Legends get some attention (good times) I've seen some of the companies works but I never fell in love with it... ahh well... I'd be surprised if it even hit shelves anywhere besides Japan anyways...

give me a fighting game with Capcom vs. AIC or Madhouse and I'll jump at it lol
What?... a man can dream can't he?

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
New TvC Wii Sticks
http://forums.shoryu...015#post5678015

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Good to see I won't be forced to play this on the classic controller when I import it. I'll bite and spend extra money on the one with the graphic. Gatchaman is worth it. :blink:

It's old news but I forgot to mention that Jun from Gatchaman and Roll from Megaman have been added to the roster. Not a great update. Gatchaman is already being represented and Roll is Roll, nothing more, nothing less. I'm still waiting for some more franchises to be explored by both sides. I've said it many times already and I'll say it again, if Soul Taker isn't on the roster I will be livid.

I also think it was mentioned somewhere that the "console exclusive" characters will be time released on arcade cabinets. I need to double check this though.

This is totally unrelated but I just want to put it out. Nobody forget that King of Fighters: The Orochi Saga is being released this week.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I like those sticks, but if it's not a 6 button game.. but at least with a Wii remote costing 40 bucks spending 50 for an arcade pad doesnt seem like so much anymore

Anyway, what do you have to do to play import Wii games? If it's easy..

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I'd have to look it up to be sure, but I think that you install the homebrew channel, you can use that to run the Gecko OS, wich can bypass the region check. I already have the homebrew channel on my Wii, but haven't tried he Gecko OS.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Anyway, what do you have to do to play import Wii games? If it's easy..

Currently there are two major ways to play import games without modding and both require you to use an SD card and a copy of Twilight Princess. They seem simple enough. Here are some video tutorials.

Gecko OS
Homebrew Channel

Also, if memory serves correct, Nintendo released a patch over summer that rendered Freeloader completely useless, so don't even bother with that method.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
KARAS!!!!

That is all... oh and is it weird that I want to get a NA Wii for a Japanese game. I ain't afraid to import or open up a system :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Currently there are two major ways to play import games without modding and both require you to use an SD card and a copy of Twilight Princess. They seem simple enough. Here are some video tutorials.

Gecko OS
Homebrew Channel

Also, if memory serves correct, Nintendo released a patch over summer that rendered Freeloader completely useless, so don't even bother with that method.

Ah, the Twilight Princess thing. I'll check those out, thanks

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I already have the Homebrew channel hacked onto my Wii, happy happy.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
YES! Viewtiful Joe has been added to the roster. This is perfect!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

YES! Viewtiful Joe has been added to the roster. This is perfect!

:o Awesome

If they ever make MVC3 I hope they keep him

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
This will likely be the last post until I get some hands-on time with the game, but the roster looks like it's pretty much done. New characters since last time Are Ippatsuman for Tatsunoko and Saki for Capcom. I have no idea who they are. :rolleyes:

Much more awesome is the fact that the final boss of TvC is none other than Yami, the final boss from Okami. Glad that game is getting some representation. Okami was easily the best game of 2006.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yami?! Now that is a pleasant surprise. I wonder if they plan to integrate the sun/wind elements somehow? Like, items in the stage you have to try and hit? Or maybe at certain times Amaterasu runs by and does something. Otherwise it'll just be a more ordinary beatdown battle.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Yami?! Now that is a pleasant surprise. I wonder if they plan to integrate the sun/wind elements somehow? Like, items in the stage you have to try and hit? Or maybe at certain times Amaterasu runs by and does something. Otherwise it'll just be a more ordinary beatdown battle.

I seriously doubt it. This is a Capcom fighter after all, and the closest they've come to ever having useable items in their fighters is Vega picking up his claw after losing it.

By guess is the Yami fight will play out kind of like the fight with Abyss from Marvel vs. Capcom 2. You're probably going to have to fight a few of his forms by just beating the crap out of them. That's my guess anyway.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Man, this gameplay video makes me want a new Kikaioh game ("Tech Romancer" in the US, though I have no idea how that title relates to the game).

Man, it seems to me that neither Jin Satome nor Captain Commando (Capcom's first mascot!) are in the game. Actually, I'm kind of dissapointed with the selection of Capcom characters, not horribly, but outside of the Street Fighter Characters, I think I know more of the Tatsunoku guys than the Capcom guys. I know everyone from Gatchaman, Doronjo has a pair of helpers, so that's another 3. I'll admit, it's some bizarre coincidence that I know anyone outside of "G Force". But including a Vital suit over the BLODIAAAAAAAAAA!!!!? lame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users