Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Christmas NiGHTS for cheap!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

WiNTER

WiNTER

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So yesterday, I just happened to be browsing my local second-hand games store... nothing too exciting. Then BAM!!!! Right there, in the glass cabinet of rare games: the Japanese pressing of Christmas NiGHTS. I never thought I'd be in the same room as a copy of it, let alone be able to own it for $39.95.
I can't actually play it on my PAL console... but wow. I'm still speechless. It was the coincidence of the century! It made me happy. :P

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
If you find another buy it for me, k? :P

O_O.......

WiNTER

WiNTER

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

If you find another buy it for me, k? :P

O_O.......

If I could stumble upon copies for the entire fandom, I would buy them all. ^^
...and you were talking about my avvy, right? That's WiN. I drew her ages ago and never did anything with her... oh well. ^^

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...

O_O.......

Seconded.

But WOW. Christmas NiGHTS is still out there? I thought you could only get those back in '96 or on the net. :P

You are LUCKY. :P

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
FYI I got my Japanese copy for around $10 on eBay, so $40 isn't that cheap...

But congratulations on buying a Saturn game from a physical store! I found a store in Boston a while back that carried a few imported games. I don't know why but old/rare game purchases like that are exciting. ^_^

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Hey, I was wondering, is there a such thing as a full version of Christmas NiGHTS for the U.S.? I can only find Samplers for my region and all the full ones are PAL and JP.

WiNTER

WiNTER

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

FYI I got my Japanese copy for around $10 on eBay, so $40 isn't that cheap...

But congratulations on buying a Saturn game from a physical store! I found a store in Boston a while back that carried a few imported games. I don't know why but old/rare game purchases like that are exciting. :P

I live in Aus, so if I bought a copy from ebay for US$10, then paid exchange rates, paypal fees, shipping... it was cheap. :P And more importantly, RIGHT THERE. BAM. IN MY FACE. Like, wow.
It made my day. ^^

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I found one at a store once... (IN LEWISTON, IDAHO! that's like... finding a piece of dirt in the universe that's just slightly darker then the rest of the dirt in the universe! cept the Saturn has value!) but it sold out when I was going to buy it the next day ;_(
If I find x-mas NiGHTS in a store here the universe will surely blow up with all of it's dirt...

...and you were talking about my avvy, right? That's WiN...

It most certainly IS a win!
That's art museum stuff right there!

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Hey, I was wondering, is there a such thing as a full version of Christmas NiGHTS for the U.S.? I can only find Samplers for my region and all the full ones are PAL and JP.

Christmas NiGHTS is already a sampler in itself, so I guess it's the same thing.
If you look at the boxart section on the website, the US one has the "sampler" mention indeed.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
..and the U.S. version is the one always going for $$$$$ on eBay. Gotta get real lucky to get a good price on that one.. still want..

Actually, at eBay right now, there's a couple U.S. versions within the 30-40 dollar range.. oh man this interests me..

Ok I'm bidding.. 6 days.. wish me luck! omgomgomgomgomg

Edit: Agh, some a-hole just outbid me..

WiNTER

WiNTER

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

..and the U.S. version is the one always going for $$$$$ on eBay. Gotta get real lucky to get a good price on that one.. still want..

Actually, at eBay right now, there's a couple U.S. versions within the 30-40 dollar range.. oh man this interests me..

Ok I'm bidding.. 6 days.. wish me luck! omgomgomgomgomg

Good luck!! :P

It most certainly IS a win!
That's art museum stuff right there!

Ha, I didn't even think of it that way... :P

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
Good on ya!
that reminds me of the time last week when my dad and I went to the mall for christmas shopping, and I managed to drag my dad over to the old video games cart. I squinted into the cabinet of Saturn games, and like a FRIKEN SHINGING BEACON sat NiD in its larger box. I swear, I almost died right there on the counter. I looked at the price tag,b ut there was no way I could afford it! :lol:

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I can't hold it in.. I FINALLY WON CHRISTMAS NiGHTS ON EBAY! around 30 bucks.. phew..

I don't do this often, but.. *SQUEEEEEEEE*

Edit: Apparently the game isn't quite so 'like new' as the seller described.. cant get past the press start screen.. ugh >.<

Update: Got Christmas NiGHTS polished at Game Crazy, works now but not perfect. And wouldn't ya know it, the girl working there who did it? NiGHTS is one of her favorite games

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I got the japanese xmas nights on ebay for like...15 dollars. XD i'm glad you got you a copy too, though.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
I know this is going to make everyone extremely mad, but I bought the US Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams on ebay for $6.95 with free shipping! X3 I'm so happy! I can't wait until it gets here. *-*

Dreas

Dreas

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Nights fan ever since the original game<br /><br />I only recently found this community by accident, and then I immideately knew I had to join.<br /><br />Proud owner of the Wii, Sega Saturn and Sega Mega Drive (Genisis) consoles and all three NiGHTS games. Feel free to write. I'd love to hear from you.
I just found a PAL version of Chistmas NiGHTS on Bay two weeks ago.
I bought it instantly for $39. I never thought I would get a chance to play that game in my life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users