Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If there's another NiGHTS game...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MiTCH

MiTCH

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
You read the topic title. If a new NiGHTS game were to come out, what would your ideal view on it be? A remake of a previous game? Continuation of an older storyline? Should NiGHTS return to his Saturn silence and mystery? Personally, I would want a DS port of the Saturn game. Same levels, vocals, graphics, everything. Just have optional screen control. Then unlockables could be the usual ones, then also add the Christmas version in all it's glory under the same conditions as the other game, if there's enough room on the cart. If anything's changed, all I would want it to be is more extras.

Opinionate!

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

You read the topic title. If a new NiGHTS game were to come out, what would your ideal view on it be? A remake of a previous game? Continuation of an older storyline? Should NiGHTS return to his Saturn silence and mystery? Personally, I would want a DS port of the Saturn game. Same levels, vocals, graphics, everything. Just have optional screen control. Then unlockables could be the usual ones, then also add the Christmas version in all it's glory under the same conditions as the other game, if there's enough room on the cart. If anything's changed, all I would want it to be is more extras.

Opinionate!

NiGHTS: Horde of Nightmares

The evil Wizeman is back, and with the help of Jackle and Reala, it will take all of NiGHTS, Helen, Elliot, Will, and Claris' power to stop him this time. Plus, the ever-comical Phatman.

ristar

ristar

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I personally don't care if there's voices for characters in the game or not, but I did prefer the level types of the first game. But a lot more levels; NiD's only flaw is that it's a very short game.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

NiD's only flaw is that it's a very short game.

On the other hand, it has a greater replay value than JoD so I don't think it's that big of a flaw.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I wouldn't necessarily say better replay value than JoD, since JoD has the extra stuff to do after beating the game like Dreamdrops and all. But NiD does have good replay value just because it's so much fun to play it over and over again, and there's that high score that everyone reaches for. It's an entertaining arcade game, so its length shouldn't matter. Like Pac Man in its addictive gameplay, but better.

I do wish there were more levels, though. Not to extend the game to the length of Zelda, Mario, or random RPGs. Just so I could have more to choose from when I play. And I'd like them to make the stages more original. The designs were fine in JoD's stages, but it's kind of repetitive to have another water garden and valley stage. It causes confusion, too. My tongue keeps slipping and says "Spring Valley" when I mean Pure Valley.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
I would really like to see a NiD remake for the ds, the game cards are big enough, the problem, is the music, although music is getting better on the ds, which I heard in the NiGHTS stage for Sega superstars tennis for the ds, it used the music of splash garden, and it sounded almost the same, i'm not worried much about the graphics, since the ds was able to replicate mario 64,but,remeber how the saturn rendered quadrilaterals,the ds DOESN'T, I don't think it wouldn't be much of a problem,considering how the ds is a 64-bit handheld, and, I would like using the touch screen to fly NiGHTS around, while being able to use the crosspad, but,I also have another idea if they released a ds Remake, a analog stick that would be plugged in with the GBA port, like the guitar hero ds plugin, but that would never happen.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm probably the only person out there that would like NiGHTS to return back to silence. I would like to see them have a take on the world of Nightmare but in my honest opinion I believe that another silence would be best.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I think JoD should never have been made and the original and the christmas nights should be the only ones there. But that's just my opinion.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yes, NiGHTS was way cooler back when he didn't say a word. It's cool if people can still gravitate to him as a character from JoD alone, but they're not getting the real deal with JoD alone. The true NiGHTS character is in NiD. This is my honest opinion.

The way I see it, JoD was kind of a test of an alternate way to present NiGHTS with full voicing and all that. Now, I think the best way to continue would be to take it back a step. Maybe to sidestep the complicated issue of voice acting (for NiGHTS, anyway, since casting everyone else isn't really much of a problem) present any story bits like a book (we have a nice frame of reference with the actual NiGHTS Storybook). It's all about subtlety. Keep the A life in the dreams themselves so we get the music changes like in NiD. We need that.Get Sonic Team high on something so we get killer levels Alternate challenges are a good idea, keeps things fresh. And on foot can be more exciting than in was in JoD. What we've learned is that on-foot missions in NiGHTS are not bad in nature, just were executed poorly in JoD. Didn't like the idea of throwing chips from the second I heard about it, and I never will. Blargh.

So yeah, in another game I'd like it to be more in line with NiD than JoD was. And no new ''valley'' or ''garden'' levels next time. You can do it.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
And here's yet another "If there's another NiGHTS game topic"...
I made the first one of these and it was virtually ignored... good luck getting this off the ground comrade...

peace!
(then again it looks like you've had more luck than I have already)

Minimanasama

Minimanasama

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS of course!<br />Visual Kei,<br />Guitar, Bass, and Piano,<br />Computers-Software Hardware and Programming,<br />Martial Arts<br />and /b/ =]
Im another one who liked NiGHTS as a silent character. maybe it was the accents in JoD idk >_> lol. Another snow filled Frozen Bell sort of level would much be enjoyed by me and i hope alot of others too ^.^. I also agree on maybe more levels and alternate challenges to keep things interesting though things like getting an A rank on the Hard ver. Bomamba was enough of a challenge for me X_X

Koji_Tsunami

Koji_Tsunami

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I do want a new NiGHTS game.
But I think an original plot is in order.
The "Two kids with problems save Dreamland and solve problems with jester's help" was good when it was first thought up.
They should come up with some new ideas. Maybe Selph is the villain instead of Wizeman, maybe the new kid is terrified of NiGHTS, maybe *Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 comes in, JUST AS LONG AS THEY USE A DIFFERENT PLOT. Preferably with more levels.

*But not really. :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I had an idea to spice up the Trick Ribbon/Power Loop.. my idea is that when you pass through it, the Mare dissolves away and the background suddenly changes to psychedelic washes of color that have like, splotches that pulse in rhythm to the ribbon's music, and the Mare time limit suspends itself for the brief time you have the ribbon. The game would then auto-place you where you entered the ribbon when the time is over. And the way it could be equalized is to always place the ribbon purposely off-track a bit so you can enter it when you want, without it being in the way at all.

Maresuke

Maresuke

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I could talk on this all day, however.... my pet peeve with JOD is the lack of decent controls. The Next game's controls should make NiGHTS fly smoothly like the original Saturn. NiGHTS shouldn't be weighted and for the love of god give me back my D pad!!

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I think it should return to the original, but with more levels. If they have to add platforming levels, make them better, no time limits, the awakers didn't let you take your time and admire the levels.
I really did like the original levels better. They were longer than the chase ones in JOD, so they let you take in the level. Also, the bosses did have different ways to fight them, but no more Bomamba, I hated the way she was fought, it just didn't make sense, apparently killing cats kills witches...

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
hmmm...
unfortunately, never played NiD. but I think it would be better to have NiGHTS as a mute. the va made NiGHTS more feminine for me, which is obviously what the creators didn't want.
I also agree with the whole "dang it, SEGA, come up with a new story line" bit. however, if I ever see NiGHTS in the ARK or green hill, i think i'd scream. maybe they should go for three kids...
keep the people they have for their music, because fumie kumatani is friggin awesome, and go for longer lvls, as was previously mentioned somewhere along the line.
in other words, keep NiGHTS, Reala, and Wizeman (and Wizeman's va, 'cause that evil laugh was awesome) and try messing around with the plot a little. it's a dream world for crying out loud- anything can happen in dreams!

MagicPickleFairy

MagicPickleFairy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Video Games, Anime, Musical Theater.
I acctually would like to see another NiGHTS game. A remake for the DS would be awesome. I have never played NiD, and really want to.

If there's going to be another NiGHTS game with a whole new story, I would like to see the same gameplay as the first. Either the same gameplay, or a whole different one from JoD.

Maybe SEGA would constantly make alternate universes for NiGHTS. I know that the idea is a bit controversial, but it would be interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users