Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sega Superstars Tennis

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
NiGHTS looks horrible in the DS screenshots.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
It seems as though no one from Virtual On is in this one.

Has everyone forgotten about it?

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
I find it somewhat amusing that even in the PS2 version the NiGHTS model may be higher quality than in JoD. You know, since the fingers are actually rounded off, this time?

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
http://media.video.ign.com/ev/av.html?dlUR...ect_ID=14211933

NiGHTS Wii gameplay, also confirming Julissa as a voice actor. This must be the game she was referring to.

http://media.video.i...ect_ID=14211933

And special move in action.

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
First link is borked :)

Thanks though Jof

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I like the grunts, cute :)

Cue original theme! It'd be funny if he sent the Nightopians to the other side to distract the opponent

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
A whole bunch of new HD screens have been put up at IGN, lots of NiGHTS too.

Posted Image

Hurrah ! They got rid of that stupid centre mouth Icon he used to have !

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Holy crap they did! Mouth.. better.. omg!

Link-

<a href="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/855/855413p1.html" target="_blank">http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/855/855413p1.html</a>

"A-life angels".. pf. they're called Nightopians, you chumps..

Woah hey wait a dang minute.. check the cuff colors-

Posted Image

I just realized; Saturn colors!

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
now they just need to make the waste coat purple, and we'd have the best of both worlds.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Game site (NiGHTS not shown yet :-( ):

<a href="http://www.sega.com/gamesite/segasuperstar...s/us/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.sega.com/gamesite/segasuperstar...s/us/index.html</a>

SharkySN

SharkySN

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

They left out a lot of good Sega characters that should have been included, A LOT.

They are lucky that I like Sumo Digital, Richard Jacques and the game looks fun because the lack of Sega characters is such a huge disappointment.

Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue, Virtua Fighter, Shinobi, Opa Opa, Ristar, Vectorman, Toy Commander, Streets of Rage... the list goes on and on.

Sega Superstar Racing and Sega Superstar Fighter please with tons more Characters!

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Is it me or are his hatstripes getting darker in each game?

He's still got a fantastic ass, though. *thumbsup*

nightdreamer

nightdreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Drawing, embrodery, bead crafts, crocheting and sewing.

Fave books: Redwall series by Brian Jaques, Agatha Christie mysteries, some precise mangas and Harry Potter.

Favorite video games: NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Mario Brother Games and most mystery, puzzle and RP games.

I have a DeviantART account under the name ChaotixJewels. It has both Sonic and NiGHTS FanArt and FanFics.
NiGHTS and Reala in a tennis game and on both DS and Wii. I definately am going to get at least one of them. I'm in for suporting NiGHTS. Maybe if we keep buying the games with NiGHTS in them then they'll make a third NiGHTS game!! :Crosses fingers::

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

Hell no we haven't forgotten about Virtual On! I personally think it's a travesty that there are no Virtuaroids on the roster. Seeing NiGHTS and Ulala going head to head with Temjin and Fei-Yen in doubles tennis would have been priceless. Still, I may be biased since Oratorio Tangram is on my personal list of best games ever.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
1Up's review:

http://www.1up.com/d...amp;sec=REVIEWS

whatabout_paul

whatabout_paul

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Obsessed with games. I've got most recent consoles bar a PSP (I had one but it was crap so I sold it) and PS3 (It's too expensive to bother with). Other than that I'm into my wrestling. I'm training to be a pro wrestler and am a huge fan. I like my music too, guitar bands of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's a good tune you can sing to I'm happy.
Anyone get this yet? I picked it up today and it's quite good. I've not played Virtua Tennis 3 to compare but it’s more fun than the first Virtua Tennis which I remember from the Dreamcast. The courts are amazing and it’s great seeing the Sega characters flail about trying desperately to hit the balls. Eggman is a favourite with his super move being really awesome. Metal Sonic makes a cameo appearance. Haven’t unlocked NiGHTS level yet or Reala but can’t wait.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
How much is it right now? I might go get it if its not $50. Actually....I better wait till its $20. I wonder how long that will take.....

Is it really that much fun?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
The PS3 demo is amazingly fun and the graphics are beautiful. I was expecting to be able to play as NiGHTS but a demo is a demo. I gotta get this. The House of the Dead minigame that came with it is extremely addictive.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Eh...no one in the critical world of journalism seems to like it. Let me see what the Metacritic score is right now...

Hmm...69. My policy on buying/renting games precludes me from trying this one out except at a friend's house. Speaking of the policy, this is it:

If the score is above 85, then generally the game is worth buying

If the score is 70-85, then the game might be worth renting

Below that, I am not spending anything on it. Missed the mark by one point, Sega. Maybe I'll make an exception in this case. Oh, well.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Eh...no one in the critical world of journalism seems to like it. Let me see what the Metacritic score is right now...

Hmm...69. My policy on buying/renting games precludes me from trying this one out except at a friend's house. Speaking of the policy, this is it:

Below that, I am not spending anything on it. Missed the mark by one point, Sega. Maybe I'll make an exception in this case. Oh, well.

You shouldn't take Cirtics scores so seriously. Its how fun the game is to you. Rent it or try it out and see how much you like it. If you don't care for it then, then don't bother. Critics are critices. Though they are generally right in most cases. Still worth trying, but I am not saying its something thats going to blow your mind. Its just a mini game after all.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

You've probably missed out on some addictive and fun games.

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the hedgehog, anime, manga, drawing, books, photoshop, j-pop and rock, reading and writing fanfiction, cooking and lots of other stuff....... ^_^
If there is a particular reviewer or website that you tend to agree with a lot then fair enough.
You must also take into account that some games reviewers give a game a poor score because they think it's "cool" to do so.
I know someone that used to review games for quite a well known website (he dosen't anymore I'm glad to say). He used to get the review copies of the games, play them for a few minutes, then he used to write his review based on the "cool" factor of the game in his little clique of friends and not base it on any actual gameplay experiences. When I confronted him about it, he just laughed and said "Everyone does it." (they don't, he was just an a*** h*** but there are some that do it)

I never listen to reviews, I just judge from my own taste. After all, even the most fair and professional reviews are just someone else's opinion.
If I'm short of cash and need to decide if something is worth buying, I watch gameplay videos instead.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I was only partially being serious. Nothing is ever concrete. I love Yoshi's Story, by the way. And Kirby 64. If a game looks good to my eyes, then I'll give it a try, regardless of the score. Problem is, I have serious financial constraints, and therefore need to have some concrete way of deciding which games to buy. I really do not like critics. All those years of covering one topic for so long has to make you so cynical. I'll try to lighten up a bit once I have a more steady income.

I also try to actually read the reviews, and if it seems like they are really making too big a deal of something (technical problems generally do not bother me as much as most people) then I disregard the score and go right for the heart. Nothing is definite. The numbers are just either for quick reference or a general outline.

Coolmatt49

Coolmatt49

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
IGNORE the ratings that Game Review sites are giving this game. UNLESS you try this game, you will not be able to judge whether this game is great or not. I based my decision originally on the review site and ignored getting it, THEN I tried the demo and boy, was it a lot of fun. Within the same hour, I went out and purchased the game and am loving it ever since.

Usually, if a game gets a 1-5 out of 10, I ignore it. If a game gets an 8-10, I'd highly consider buying it. If a game gets anything between a 6 and 7, I give the game a try before I give judgement.

I just wish there were people online with this game, I have yet to play ONE person online since I bought the game.

(P.S. Does ANYONE own this game for the PS3? If so, I'm up for anyone who wants to play, my PSN name is Coolmatt.)

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the hedgehog, anime, manga, drawing, books, photoshop, j-pop and rock, reading and writing fanfiction, cooking and lots of other stuff....... ^_^
Well I've been playing the Wii version and I have to say it is a lot of fun!

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Wii version is decent. Nothing particularly remarkable but not bad either. Good, decent fun, which seems to be reflected in the reviews it's been getting.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
In response to video game reviewers:

Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I just had an unexpected $537 repair job on my truck so buying this game is out of the question.
I will get it at some point Im sure.

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
I am sure it will be in the sales when your able to buy it buddy. :(

In the meanwhile I been having such a tough time finding anyone to play with online on xbox 360 version! This is considering that I had the game a few days before launch as well but a lot of fun getting all the AAA. :)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=580T2svdFCc

Funniest sh!t i've ever seen. Those crazy Germans. XD

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
Now imagine if that poor kid ever had a go on the Sonic 360 game. :lol:

"Overloading too much, I just to want to save die Deutsche prinzessin "

Smash

"Nein, that's the 4th controller this week!"

But speaking of slowdowns does anyono else's Superstar game go a bit loopy when SEGA rolls on the screen at the intro too?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Circuit City sale, $30 - http://www.circuitci...roductDetail.do

Sold out..

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Ok, so i own this game for ps2. And i kinda lost the manual in english and my french reading, sux. From what ive played, its ok, not the best. NiGHTS is, umm, weird. Does have Julissa's voice, and says some strange lines. To pick up items you gotta look at his shadow, not his model. Also his superstar ability, paraloop and send to a different side of the count, yeah, there are better characters (Looks at Ulala and her move that ALWAYS scores on me). Also when you do his ability his head reminds me of a bug trying to snap its own neck. So until i find an instruction manual i can read i suck at this game (or the game just plays weird).

Pikmingirl

Pikmingirl

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:8D I love video games, art, anime, drawing, video games, art, video gam-*asplodes*
I plan on buying it if I ever get the money. I wanted to know something though before I do (Unless I win the lottery and buy both, lol) buy it.

BESIDES the graphic difference,
does the Wii have the same features as the DS?
Like the mini games or same unlockables....
and is the DS wifi playable or atleast DS to DS multiplayer thing? XD

Please help me deside on which is better on your opinion, just wondering.

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Well I dont own them but played both at a SEGA event and I have to say that each has its own positive points. The DS version surprised me because the graphics looked quite good and there was no slowdown although the AI was quite easy to beat. I didnt notice if there were a lot of mini games but the multiplayer works perfectly with local play!

As for the Wii version the controls were a bit odd because you can let the character move by itself but it often leads to a loss. This makes it better to play using the d pad but gets confusing when you trying to move and and also swing the wii remote to hit the ball. I think this version is more complete as more could be put into it which makes it closer to 360/PS3 version and besides the odd controls the rest was quite nice.

If you live in the UK the supermarket Asda might still be selling the Wii version for £15. :blink:

Good luck choosing and hope I was of help.

Guest_Purachina_*

Guest_Purachina_*
  • Guests
The game is very addicting if you have alot of friends to play with. It's not so fun to play alone )= But that's what mini games are for. Anyway, here are the pros and cons.

Pros
- NiGHTS and Reala
- Alot of other Sega Characters other than the more popular ones.
- Such as characters from Space Channel, Jet Set Radio, Monkey Ball, and Samba De Amigo.
- Even Alex Kidd, the forgotten, almost-mascot character from way way back.
- A stage for each game. Including games such as Curien Mansion, Puyo Puyo Pop, and others.
- ALOT of mini games that kept me drawn to the game even when playing alone.

Cons
- While each character has thier own stage, they don't even have their own mini-games. Such as NiGHTS. He has NO mini-games that come with his stage. While Monkey Ball has about 10 mini games having to do with his game. Of course, all of these mini-game had to be tennis related. Maybe they just couldn't think up of anything tennis-y to do with NiGHTS
-GLITCHES. So far, I found 4.

*Alex Kidd, Tails, and I'm guessing others will stop moving on the stage. Completely freeze up. And it's not the Wiimote's fault or anything, they just freeze while the other characters are free to move.

*Alex Kidd can, apparently, swim in the ground. While I was playing, the opponent: Alex Kidd, actually fell into the ground. All that could be seen was the top of his head, and he couldn't move.

*I was playing a Monkey Ball mini-game, and I had failed on it and had to start over. Big blue letters reading "Failed" appeared on the screen. I started the mini-game over, but the letters were still there. The word 'Failed' stayed there until I cleared the mini game. -__-; the words in the middle of the screen made it difficult.

*This is probably a very dangerous one. I was playing with my friends, kicking the other teams butts, all that stuff. Suddenly the game freezes, and a very loud sound was heard. My first instinct was to turn off the Wii. But nothing happened when I pressed the button once and more times after that. So I had to unplug the cords from the back before it finally turned off. This happened twice on two separate occasions, in two different stages, different characters, even different locations I was playing the Wii at.

My final thoughts.
This is a good game for Sega fans, who want to see their favorite characters in a different light aka playing sports and not trying to save the world. You have been warned of the glitches that you may face.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Think you could maybe post a picture of Reala peeze thanks?

OOOOOOH, does Reala have a separate stage? Or is it Aqua Garden as well...? =(

Guest_Purachina_*

Guest_Purachina_*
  • Guests

Think you could maybe post a picture of Reala peeze thanks?

OOOOOOH, does Reala have a separate stage? Or is it Aqua Garden as well...? =(

I can't find a picture D:

But Reala has the same stage as NiGHTS ;_;

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Aww, oh well. Playing in the presence of Wizeman WOULD be cool though. He'd be all like "Play for my enjoyment" and Reala would be all "Yeah, what he said." And then Jackle would eat the ball.

Oh, do the stages have unique events in them? Or do all of the stages play the same?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users