Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pokemon Platinum =O

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

I think those are alt forms of Rotom. The little guy is supposed to be a bit of a big deal so they may have decided to add a few things to him.

I didn't even think of that; now I feel much less awkward about how mechanical these new-form-pokemon look. ^-^ I was sincerely worried about that; I half-thought they'd made some random robot-enemies for a movie yet to be announced instead of pokemon forms. XDD Yes, I know how little sense that makes, but I didn't even think of Rotom, and now that makes much more sense.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Well, if those are new Rotom forms, if he doesn't get a defensive Ghost Steel with levitate, then the heck with Rotom.

And I always use my favorite Pokemon on my teams, it's just that my favorites generally are the better ones, since I don't like Pokemon that don't have as much potential. =)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Serebii.net says the new WiFi club has a time limit. It'll boot you out the door after a certain period of time (or, rather, it ships you out on a boat). I hope the limit isn't too short. I do like the prospect of making Poffin over WiFi, though. It's nice to be able to make pokeblocks/poffin with someone other than your siblings every once in a while. You get more of a variety of berries that way, too. Of course, there might also be a risk on WiFi of wasting good berries because it turns out the random person you connected with has nothing but pitiful Leppa and Oran berries.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Well, if those are new Rotom forms, if he doesn't get a defensive Ghost Steel with levitate, then the heck with Rotom.

And I always use my favorite Pokemon on my teams, it's just that my favorites generally are the better ones, since I don't like Pokemon that don't have as much potential. =)

He is still a cute little Pokemon. Just because he is not the best it doesn't mean he won't be used. Though I will admit, he did need a bit more to him. He is a bit weaker than he should be. Looks like things might get better for him though.

T_T But thats exactly what Leonhart was talking about. Just use what Pokemon you like and not base it on whats the most powerful. We all work to become strong in the game but you don't need to just use the strongest. (Otherwise they would all be legendaries. ) Also winning fights with slightly weaker Pokemon makes it a bigger challenge and sometimes its more fun. (I guess I can understand though if you are one of those people who are really competitive about everything....)

Limited time in the WiFi room?! Thats just the room though right? We can battle as long as we want or talk as long as we want though right?

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

Limited time in the WiFi room?! Thats just the room though right? We can battle as long as we want or talk as long as we want though right?

I have no idea. They didn't say. On a positive note (though many people probably won't care) those rooms will have different themes based on all the starters.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.

He is still a cute little Pokemon. Just because he is not the best it doesn't mean he won't be used. Though I will admit, he did need a bit more to him. He is a bit weaker than he should be. Looks like things might get better for him though.

T_T But thats exactly what Leonhart was talking about. Just use what Pokemon you like and not base it on whats the most powerful. We all work to become strong in the game but you don't need to just use the strongest. (Otherwise they would all be legendaries. ) Also winning fights with slightly weaker Pokemon makes it a bigger challenge and sometimes its more fun. (I guess I can understand though if you are one of those people who are really competitive about everything....)

Thaaaaank You, this is what I'm talking about ^^

But anyways, does anyone have theories about the new characters, Officer "Handsome" and Team Galactic Professor?

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
An all legendary team can suck really hard. >.>

Moltres
Articuno
Phione
Entei
Regigigas
Mesprit

That actually really dose suck.

And when I'm picking Pokemon for my team, I am biased for the Pokemon that I like more, so if I have a choice between Alakazam and Porgyon-Z, I'm going to pick Porygon-Z 75% of the time over Alakazam, just because I like Porygon-Z more. But if there is a huge differnce in ability between two Pokemon, even if I like the weaker one more, I'm going to choose the better one just because it helps out my team more, so if had a choice between Blissey and Sunflora, I'm going to choose Blissey.

========================

GTS needs a huge overhaul, I don't see why you should be able to ask for impossible to make Pokemon, (not counting hacking)
because I don't think anyone is going to be trading a level 9 Hypno anytime soon.

GTS should also be able to check a Pokemons stats, moves, catch info, and nature. Because I don't want a hack that was able to make it's way though the filter.

Whenever you do a trade and then try to select the same Pokemon again, it tells you to do another search before you can search again, pretty annoying IMO.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Yes, I hope they change it so you can see their summary. It can't be that hard. I don't know why they didn't do that from the start.

It's been revealed that Giratina's Origin Form has moves that its usual one doesn't: Spite, Outrage, and Mud-Slap. XD Spite can sometimes be useful, I guess, but I don't really use any of those moves. Even though Outrage is powerful, the confusion afterwards and the vulnerability you have because the attack lasts for more than one turn isn't worth it to me. Mud-slap is good in the beginning of the game, not much else.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Is the Origin Forme suppose to be a sweeper of some sort? Because Outrage = 2 gewd. Spite could work if it's still defensive, but Mud-Slap sucks. xD

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Spite is probably to make up for losing the Pressure ability for Levitate. I'm not sure where they're going with this. It might be a sweeper with a random defensive move thrown in like they sometimes do.

BTW, what's "2 gewd" mean? I don't know much internet jargon.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I'm pretty sure he means "Too Good"

^^

Anyways, why the heck bother giving him Mud Slap.....seriously xD

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I'm pretty sure he means "Too Good"

^^

Anyways, why the heck bother giving him Mud Slap.....seriously xD

Giratina: I'll spal ya, I'll slap ya, I'll slap ya!! WITH MUD!

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
^_^ Yes, Mud-Slap stinks.

An all legendary team can suck really hard. >.>

A prime example of this: . Very amusing.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Well, just an example of a legendary team sucking

Articuno
Moltres
Regigigas
Phione
Mesprit
Entei

Articuno and Moltres lose 50% if they switch in on Stealth rock. X.x
Regigigas can't do anything for 5 turns, and he will be dead by then. D:
Phione is considered legendary according to gamefreak. =/
Mesprit is outclassed in everything it does. D:
Entei doesn't have much moves to choose from. D:

But I like Entei, because he doesn't suck as much as the rest.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Apparently there is an added feature that allows you to shuffle eggs between you and other local players (non-WiFi). I don't really see much point in it, but it'll be nice for a surprise.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
From seeing the new update, Sky Forme Shaymin is crazy fast. Deoxys except Deoxys-D, Ninjask, Electrode, Jotleon, Crobat, Aerodactyl, and Mewtwo are the only things that can out speed this thing.

Rotoms new formes confirmed, all have base stat total of 520 instead of 440. He loses his electric typing for for every forme, kinda sad since electric/ghost is a great defensive typing. He gets grass, water, flying, ice, and fire over electric now.

Steelix gets Curse, and so does Bibarel - I love this
Darkrai gets Nasty Plot - Darkrai is already too good without this. =l
Scizor gets (STAB, Technician) Bullet Punch - Scizor can now rip un-prepared apart. Running either a swords dance or choice band set. This is great.
Shaymin gets Growth - Meh, growth sucks. =(
Entei gets Eruption - This would be great, if Entei had better SPA, and didn't always prefer to be behind a sub.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

From seeing the new update, Sky Forme Shaymin is crazy fast. Deoxys except Deoxys-D, Ninjask, Electrode, Jotleon, Crobat, Aerodactyl, and Mewtwo are the only things that can out speed this thing.

Yup. It's going to need that speed if it's got a grass/flying typing. The ice attacks in the Uber environment are going to kill it.

Rotoms new formes confirmed, all have base stat total of 520 instead of 440. He loses his electric typing for for every forme, kinda sad since electric/ghost is a great defensive typing. He gets grass, water, flying, ice, and fire over electric now.

The little bugger's greatly improved. Too bad the electric typing wasn't kept. Since it had the Levitate ability, it was able to have all the advantages of an electric type without the ground weakness. Now it's still immune to ground attacks but it's got other weaknesses.

Steelix gets Curse, and so does Bibarel - I love this

It's about time Steelix got that move. Almost every other main defensive pokemon (defense stat-wise, not sp. def.) has it.

Darkrai gets Nasty Plot - Darkrai is already too good without this. =l

My brother will be delighted. He loves his Darkrai. I, on the other hand, am scared. He might beat me.

Scizor gets (STAB, Technician) Bullet Punch - Scizor can now rip un-prepared apart. Running either a swords dance or choice band set. This is great.

Ooh, this will smart. 135 damage with Technician & Choice Band, if I calculated that right.

This time, they've taken out all of the version exclusive pokemon of Diamond and Pearl instead of putting a few from each in. Meh, kinda irritates me. I guess it doesn't matter that much for people with Diamond/Pearl. People who like to fill their dex will be annoyed, though.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I'm going to call this right now, the water washing machine Rotom better have rapid spin, or I am going to go to Gamefreaks building and protest until they make a blender rotom with rapid spin.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Speaking of which, here are the pictures:
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Am I the only one getting a Brave Little toaster feeling here?

I think the fan has a better chance for rapid spin. True a washing machine does too but it makes no sense to the attack. However it would have been funny. XD

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I like the lawn mower form and the fridge form.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
The Regis are going to be in Platinum...but are only accessible if you have a special Regigigas that they've released in Japan with the 11th movie ticket pre-order. Any other Regigigas won't work. No one knows if the special Regigigas or the Regi trio in Platinum are going to be made available in other countries besides through GTS. That is, if you can do it through GTS. Nothing has been said that indicates this (in other words, only my own speculation), but in my mind it's possible they may make it so you can't trade that Regigigas over the GTS the way they restricted Darkrai.

But there are plenty other legendaries to get. The bird trio of the 1st gen are going to be wandering pokemon for the first time (in the vein of Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lati@s, etc.). Dialga and Palkia will be at Spear Pillar after getting the National Dex and catching Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit. Dialga will be there first, and then Palkia after you fight/catch that.

The oddest thing I've seen about this game, though, is a level 1 Regigigas. Yes, it is in the game, perfectly legit, according to Serebii.net. This is a strange move on their part. I theorize that they did that to increase Regigigas's appeal. The Slow Start ability is a major deterrent from its use. They probably figure people might try a Regigigas caught at level 1 since pokemon raised from lower levels are better. It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference that makes.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Confirmed, Rotom stays Ghost/Electric. Sweet.
Salamance gets Outrage, and Dragonite is unemployed.
Porygon-Z gets trick, sweet, I love Porygon-Z

And in other news, Garchomp has been moved to Ubers, crap, now my Cynthia team doesn't work anymore, so now I have to make Lucario in a SDLuke, Spiritomb into a bulky attacker, and add Togekiss, since Cynthia replaces Gastrodon with Togekiss in platinum. Oh, and that reminds me, Lucario gets Thunder punch and Ice Punch, so now Gliscor can't counter Lucario. =O

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Bullet Punch Scizor is the greatest thing ever. Well, not quite, but it's still pretty rad.

Platinum's sounding pretty cool, but I'm still not sure if I'll get it. It sounds like they've added enough stuff to maybe make it worth grabbing after playing Diamond for over 300 hours, but it'd be the first time I've actually bought a third-version game.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Confirmed, Rotom stays Ghost/Electric. Sweet.

Yes! My little Rotom may have some use yet.

So Garchomp's an Uber now. I actually thought it was one already. ^^;; I haven't looked into the competitive state for this gen much yet. But I figured Garchomp's inclusion with the big guys was inevitable, with its strength and all the hype about it.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I am so going to buy this game, I've already plugged in 597 hours in Diamond.
I still can't believe that Gamefreak would fire Dragonite, Salamance shouldn't get Outrage, Outrage is the entire point of using Dragonite over Salamance. D:
Some pretty nifty updates on Serebii, but it is running pretty slow because of many people are on. And you could check Smogon for move tutors over serebii since it would be a lot quicker.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Yeah, I'm sad about Dragonite being replaced, too. It was one of the pokemon I most revered in the 1st gen. To see it fall to Salamence and other dragons is like the fall of Rome. Well, okay, maybe not that dramatic, but you get my meaning.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I have a theory, that Altaria is going to get another evolution soon, and it's going to become a Garchomp lite, just not good enough to be uber. And Dragonite will go into a deep depression and and commit suicide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users