Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nights and Reala's relationship (discuss)

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
My major gripe is just that I don't get why it is people feel they need to pair people up in a fandom anyway. Not really saying they're all batshit, but I guess I just don't see the fascination in it. But what -does- bother me is when they take a nasty, rotten, black-hearted, foul-blooded character and turn him into some gentle tender lover, as people tend to do to Reala. Why take somebody that is obviously not compatible with anyone (nor meant to be for that matter, as romance isn't a factor in anything in NiD or JoD) and pair them with, of all people, the person they hate the most/are trying to kill or something like that. What is the appeal in that? It happens in all fandoms and it makes me think, these people must be really terrible at playing matchmaker for their friends or even for themselves. *lol* Imagine that nightmare for a minute.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I myself am batshit enough to do this.... Although my newest fanfiction DOES have Reala being a nasty, rotten, black-hearted, foul-blooded character and tricking a poor defenseless girl out of her Ideya and damning the world to eternal darkness.

But I do have three Reala fandom pairing stories up, so I guess it means I am indeed a victim of the fandom bug. Two of the three are NiGHTSXReala, the last is JackleXReala. And for Christ's sake, I made Jackle French.

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

My major gripe is just that I don't get why it is people feel they need to pair people up in a fandom anyway. Not really saying they're all batshit, but I guess I just don't see the fascination in it. But what -does- bother me is when they take a nasty, rotten, black-hearted, foul-blooded character and turn him into some gentle tender lover, as people tend to do to Reala. Why take somebody that is obviously not compatible with anyone (nor meant to be for that matter, as romance isn't a factor in anything in NiD or JoD) and pair them with, of all people, the person they hate the most/are trying to kill or something like that. What is the appeal in that? It happens in all fandoms and it makes me think, these people must be really terrible at playing matchmaker for their friends or even for themselves. *lol* Imagine that nightmare for a minute.

Here we go... :lol:
It's interesting to us, alright? I always find that a series (whether it be an anime, game, manga, novel...) is 10x more interesting when there's a conflicting romance involved, but maybe that's just because I'm a girl? As for Reala, not everyone turns him into "some gentle tender lover," I know I don't..

Also, what happens in fandoms stays in the fandom. Fans usually don't go around in real life shipping their friends together or some stupid sh-- like that (though I personally know of a yaoi fangirl and her friends that tried to convince this one guy that he was gay...).

"Everyone is free to use their own imagination and ideas. That's what fandoms are for."
^ That quote came from this thread on Fanfiction.net.
I suggest some of you go read what these people have to say and be enlightened. :P

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
First thing: I agree with Purgatory, people just can't seem to see that REALA'S EVIL!!! DEAL WITH IT!!! (Sorry for getting all shouty over that agian :lol: )

Second thing: JacklexReala?! YOU'VE GONE MAD I TELL YOU, MAD!!!! But I guess since it's fanFICTION....oh well.

::NiGHTS::lover

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog games, NiGHTS, Pokemon games, NiGHTS, KH2, ferrets, cats, dogs, NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle...
Well...for one thing I never got used to NxR. But I DID get into fan-made pairings once my brain exploded while roleplaying...
*mmm, yaoi...no, not really*
But, if Reala sees NiGHTS as an enemy, and a sibling, and they were to be paired up, wouldn't that be incest? ><;; I just can't see that pairing happen in a long, long time...but, that's just my opinion, and my opinion prolly doesn't count, so, yea...
And I read on wikipedia (I know, not a really reliable source, but it was the only place I could think of at the time..) that, I quote:

'NiGHTS' relationship with Reala appears complicated. NiGHTS seems to still hold Reala as a friend or at the least as a former one, while Reala pities NiGHTS for rebelling against Wizeman. Reala often plays on NiGHTS' mercy, using it as opportunity to imprison NiGHTS. Reala sometimes refers to NiGHTS as a "sibling."'

So, I'm guessing Reala is kind of one of those kind of people that will only hate, and is so loyal, he'll kill to get what his 'master' wants.

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Right now my biggest interest is NiGHTS! But, I like all the other things otakus usually like, anime, video games, and j-music. And of course Japan. Someday I will visit the land of the rising sun!

For one thing Nights doesn't even twitch when she sees Reala no matter how many times He locks her up in that blasted bird cage.

First of all, NiGHTS is a guy... I can't believe no one corrected this...

My way of seeing it. NiGHTS and Reala both worked for the same high authority. NiGHTS defected due to his personal beliefs. Reala is mad at this as he has to finish the fight alone but at least he has the privilege of playing with power while NiGHTS is now stuck at a point in the flying purple jester's life doing what Nintendon't. However Reala still doesn't understand the cake is a lie and is as futile as the rest of the Nightmaren NiGHTS has brutally murdered. But does NiGHTS care about the blood trail left behind? Of course not. NiGHTS is all "Life is short. Play more." and "Live in your world, play in ours." Owl is all "Touching is good." and in the end no one gets the pie they ordered.

In a way... yes. You're close iLLViLLAiN.

lol yeah, except it's those very realities that practically encourage fans to pair them together. XD

You can tell by the way NiGHTS acts that he once considered themselves to have a close relationship, whether it be as comrades under Wizeman or true friends. (When he'd hurt Reala's arm in that one battle, NiGHTS seemed genuinely concerned/guilty.) But obviously, Reala doesn't take betrayal of Wizeman (and/or perhaps of himself?) very well, because he takes any opportunity to ruin/destroy NiGHTS without remorse.

Sometimes I also like to think that Reala's anger towards NiGHTS also has foundations in jealousy, not just betrayal, because Wizeman would regularly threaten to destroy Reala if he failed (who unlike his brethren, actually got second chances), but when it came to NiGHTS, Wizeman found him far too valuable, instead proposing to simply replace his consciousness. So maybe he also fosters jealousy towards NiGHTS due to Wizeman's obvious favoritism towards NiGHTS despite Reala's own personal lifetime of dedication to Wizeman. (wow...that was a run-on sentence if I ever read one...)

That's it! NiGHTS was always Wizeman's favorite. Reala hates NiGHTS because of that.

This next example is from NiGHTS into Dreams although I'm probably just thinking too hard on this one I think it's worth mentioning.
At the beginning of the fight against Reala, Reala states "there is no NiGHTS" this could POSSIBLY mean that the NiGHTS Reala once knew is now gone and thus denies NiGHTS existence...
altogether I think that this is begging for a NiGHTS sequel that gets a little more in depth into this.

NiGHTS worked for Wizeman alongside Reala. For some unknown reason to me, NiGHTS rebelled and escaped Nightmare. Now he is care-free and happy, most importantly FREE, which is why Reala hates him all the more.

If there must be a relationship between the two jesters, I believe that it would be the sibling kind... the "siblings who get into heated fist fights over who gets the last piece of cake but probably get over it and paraloop some 'Pians together later" kind. However, when NiGHTS rebelled against Wizeman for his forever unknown reasons, Reala became bitterly disappointed in his brother and now treats him like an enemy.

And that's exactly how it goes!!

I coulda kept going on and on and on with the quoting, but I didn't feel like going through the whole thread and anyway, I did get my point across. NiGHTS and Reala were created roughly around the same time. NiGHTS was always Wizeman's favorite, so Reala had a bit of jealousy for him. But, when NiGHTS broke free and escaped Reala was disappointed/sad/f'ing pissed/whatever-else-you-can-think-of. Also. What makes Reala hate NiGHTS more is the fact that Wizeman is very lenient with NiGHTS' and yes, brushing off the fact that NiGHTS rebelled in the first place. "Indiscretions" instead of "betrayal" like Sage pointed out. So mostly it's hatred what Reala feels for NiGHTS and on the flipside NiGHTS basically overlooks Reala, being more concerned for other things even when Reala is in his presence. I like the part in JoD, where Reala appears to NiGHTS in Neon City (is that right?) for the first time and NiGHTS is playing his flute, and when Reala speaks to him, NiGHTS opens his left eye like *ooohh, it's you, interrupting my flute-playing...* and then he stops playing.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

First of all, NiGHTS is a guy...

O RLY? :)

That's it! NiGHTS was always Wizeman's favorite. Reala hates NiGHTS because of that.

NiGHTS worked for Wizeman alongside Reala.

And that's exactly how it goes!!

References please?

Guest_Purachina_*

Guest_Purachina_*
  • Guests

First of all, NiGHTS is a guy...

NiGHTS has no gender.

If there must be a relationship between the two jesters, I believe that it would be the sibling kind... the "siblings who get into heated fist fights over who gets the last piece of cake but probably get over it and paraloop some 'Pians together later" kind. However, when NiGHTS rebelled against Wizeman for his forever unknown reasons, Reala became bitterly disappointed in his brother and now treats him like an enemy.

And I like how this was said :3

So, I may be repeating from my last post D:, but I still don't think Reala completly hates NiGHTS. He referred to NiGHTS as his sibling. I know that's not much evidence, but I just think it says that Reala doesn't completly hate NiGHTS, as I stated above =/

In my opinion, Reala and NiGHTS had a good relationship (Not like romantic relationship btw @_@) before NiGHTS betrayed Wizeman.

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Right now my biggest interest is NiGHTS! But, I like all the other things otakus usually like, anime, video games, and j-music. And of course Japan. Someday I will visit the land of the rising sun!

References please?

I can't even begin to remember where I had read that stuff. The last time I looked up NiGHTS was waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy back in 2000. So finding all that would be virtually impossible.

NiGHTS has no gender.

He does. Owl refers to NiGHTS as "him" in the game.

Guest_Purachina_*

Guest_Purachina_*
  • Guests

He does. They even reference NiGHTS to "him" in the game.

Oh yeah. I've always wondered why Reala refered to NiGHTS as a boy in the game even though Sega's said that he was androgynous.

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Androgynous?! Oh man, that can't be right. Well, I'm not sure, but in the game Owl calls NiGHTS a "him," and so does Will now that I remember. o.O Oh God, even in the manual it calls NiGHTS a he!! Which is it SEGA!?! Why do you confuse us so!!!!!

*Recovers herself and focuses*

Getting back to the topic at hand, references or not, that is MY take on NiGHTS and Reala's relationship. I'm pretty much sure how it all went down. I know for a fact that I read it somewhere though.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
The reason for that is that it would be rather rude to call someone an 'it' even if you hate their living guts out. NiGHTS is whatever gender you perceive him/her (or shim if you want to be odd), and Reala just so happens to view NiGHTS as male. Even dream creatures have to have a view on their own and each other's gender (although now I wonder what gender NiGHTS would say he/she is), that way things don't get too confusing for the Visitor. ^^;;;; And now I shall stop yammering. XDDD

EDIT: Same goes for Owl, and of course Will views NiGHTS as male; it would be odd to end up opposite of one's gender (although I have dreamt from the POV of a male on more than one occasion). In fact, NiGHTS's lack of definitive gender is probably to make dualization with Visitors of either gender a bit more comfortable for those viewing/playing to accept.

This isn't to say you can't decide to view him as male based upon this, but I'm just saying you can't run around telling people he's officially male. Well... you can... but it would be a bit misleading...

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

The reason for that is that it would be rather rude to call someone an 'it' even if you hate their living guts out. NiGHTS is whatever gender you perceive him/her (or shim if you want to be odd), and Reala just so happens to view NiGHTS as male. Even dream creatures have to have a view on their own and each other's gender (although now I wonder what gender NiGHTS would say he/she is), that way things don't get too confusing for the Visitor. ^^;;;; And now I shall stop yammering. XDDD

Now, that I think about it Wizeman perceives NiGHTS as a male...

You know what? Maybe we should ask SEGA what is up with NiGHTS and Reala!!!

Guest_Purachina_*

Guest_Purachina_*
  • Guests

EDIT: Same goes for Owl, and of course Will views NiGHTS as male; it would be odd to end up opposite of one's gender (although I have dreamt from the POV of a male on more than one occasion). In fact, NiGHTS's lack of definitive gender is probably to make dualization with Visitors of either gender a bit more comfortable for those viewing/playing to accept.

This isn't to say you can't decide to view him as male based upon this, but I'm just saying you can't run around telling people he's officially male. Well... you can... but it would be a bit misleading...

Yes :3 that is true. Alot of people see NiGHTS as a man, others see NiGHTS as a girl, NiGHTS is any gender we choose =)

Anyway. Back on topic about Reala's and NiGHTS' relationship XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

*LOADS OF CRUD*

I'm not some prejudice little prick who's judging you. Note how I said I personally do not understand it, and also note how I said I don't think that you all are crazy, I simply, IN MY OWN OPINION, do not see the appeal in it. You don't have to cop an attitude with me like LET MY PEOPLE GOOOO as if I'm making a total mockery out of you. The last part about applying it to real life was a joke.

Some people need to get the sticks out of their butts and realize that blindly thrusting your opinions on somebody works both ways. Namely in that if somebody doesn't agree with someone else's interests, they feel they have the right to get snotty with them just as easily as they think the person who disagrees is insulting them.

"I don't like this colour, in my opinion it is stupid."
"Its my favourite colour, you're stupid."

I don't want anymore attitudes or insults slung about or "You guys should go read this and stop persecuting my people" type of crap going on here and just stay on topic.

Orange Nightmare, thanks for the support, but no need to flip out about the pairings yourself either.

Dreamy, NiGHTS is NOT a male nor is he a female. He is whatever you feel he is or whatever makes you the most comfortable. He has no confirmed gender and the fact that Owl referred to him as male may just mean that that is how Owl perceives him. This is fact, stated by Iizuka, Ala, Buddha, whatever the hell but you are, in fact, wrong.

Now, as I have gone off on a tangent, I will once again direct myself (Bad Purgy, bad!) and everyone else back onto the topic. ...PLZKTHX.

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

*LOADS OF CRUD*

-sigh- I'm not trying to be "snotty" and I most certainly didn't say anything insulting; It seems you took it the wrong way? I was just trying to explain why some people like to pair characters together. And the link wasn't for that, it was just about how fandoms need to stick together and not argue over petty things.

Anyway, hopefully they'll elaborate on their relationship in a future game (in 11 years..), because we desperately need a back story for them. ^^;;

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Not pin-pointing anybody in this post but the topic itself. Just so you're all aware.

Personaly i think there is no back-story for them in terms of 'omg-dating' :D
It's just little fanboys/girls getting all giddy over a pairing of two game characters. Every fandom has them. It's common as muck.
Why on earth would Reala and NiGHTS have ever of had some kinda love-interest between them? It makes zero sense like all those Final Fantasy fantards pairing Cloud with Sephiroth. It's just a bunch of hormones in these fans who wanna see some cheap smut to get their kicks. That's all it is, really.

Personaly, i'm sick of seeing the pairing as i highly doubt they ever had anything to begin with other than being mere rivals and/or siblings. The story doesn't go any deeper than that.

..man, it's like pairing sonic with knuckles. What? Because they're rivals then they've gotta be having sex? Get real.

This topic is annoying.
But, oh well, that's fanbases for ya! XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
JACKLExREALA 4EVA!

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Personaly i think there is no back-story for them in terms of 'omg-dating' :D

We already know there won't be anything like that. ^^;

Again, most RxN fans see it as completely fanon, that's all.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

We already know there won't be anything like that. ^^;

Again, most RxN fans see it as completely fanon, that's all.

Yeh, it is fanon of course. But there really are some people out there so heart-set on seeing this stuff. It's like....wow....damn. Get a relationship or something, ya know? Leave the poor game alone.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Now, that I think about it Wizeman perceives NiGHTS as a male...

You know what? Maybe we should ask SEGA what is up with NiGHTS and Reala!!!

Just because everyone who mentions his gender refers to him as male doesn't mean he has to be male, and we don't need to ask them because they've already told us. ><;;;; Sorry if I sound a little cranky, but you sound to me like you don't think the rest of the fanbase (even the part that's been around for all of these eleven years) knows what they're talking about.

And please, RxN fans, even if the person whose opinion this is is a highly seasoned member of this fanbase, don't feel you need to constantly explain yourselves just because they state disagreement with RxN simply to state their own opinion on the matter; they're not saying you're stupid or weird for supporting the pairing, it's just their opinion.

EDIT: *kicks self* Why'd I feel the need to be a little mini-mod???? ><;;;;;

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

And please, RxN fans, even if the person whose opinion this is is a highly seasoned member of this fanbase, don't feel you need to constantly explain yourselves just because they state disagreement with RxN simply to state their own opinion on the matter; they're not saying you're stupid or weird for supporting the pairing, it's just their opinion.

Highly seasoned? Haha, nooo no no. I've never liked the pairing even back in the days when i was very far from seasoned! XD
Seasoned. Man, you make it sound like i'm the extra spicy kick on that Pizza you just ordered.

But, yeah. Sure. Don't let my almighty opinion of it ruin the fanbases fun. If all you funky people wanna get those two butt-naked and rolling in the woods then by all means go do your thing! Everybody gotta get a kick outta something, i suppose. I'm just never gonna agree with it.

GO HAVE YOUR FUN, you crazy kids. *pats the fanbase on the head* :D

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Er... I meant the fanbase of NiD... not RxN, though I realize I made enough of a grammatic error to make you think that's what I said. ^^;;;;;; My bad. XDDD *roflcopters @ pizza comment*

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Just because everyone who mentions his gender refers to him as male doesn't mean he has to be male, and we don't need to ask them because they've already told us. ><;;;; Sorry if I sound a little cranky, but you sound to me like you don't think the rest of the fanbase (even the part that's been around for all of these eleven years) knows what they're talking about.

EDIT: *kicks self* Why'd I feel the need to be a little mini-mod???? ><;;;;;

Okay, this upsetting me, cuz YOU guys seem to think that I've been in this community for a long time when I've only been here for a week and a half tops. I'm sorry I didn't know that NiGHTS really has no gender and that SEGA had already cleared that up. I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE NiGHTS BEING A GUY, THAN A GIRL, SO WHAT?!?!? AND FANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO THINK OF WHATEVER THEY FEEL LIKE THINKING OF (Albeit a lillte sick...)!!!!! As for the petty arguing over what color NiGHTS is wearing or his/her color scheme; COME ON!! He/she is whatever color SEGA made him/her. Deal with it!!! And yeah, don't over-step your boundaries. Just because you've been here longer and posted a million times more than I have doesn't give you the right to act like a mod. And with this, I'm done. I'm never setting foot in this topic ever again, and I apologize for anything I did wrong like expressing my opinion. I was fairly certain, that NiGHTS was a guy but I was wrong and SEGA told you guys that he had no gender. Good-bye!!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Okay, this upsetting me, cuz YOU guys seem to think that I've been in this community for a long time when I've only been here for a week and a half tops. I'm sorry I didn't know that NiGHTS really has no gender and that SEGA had already cleared that up. I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE NiGHTS BEING A GUY, THAN A GIRL, SO WHAT?!?!? AND FANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO THINK OF WHATEVER THEY FEEL LIKE THINKING OF (Albeit a lillte sick...)!!!!! As for the petty arguing over what color NiGHTS is wearing or his/her color scheme; COME ON!! He/she is whatever color SEGA made him/her. Deal with it!!! And yeah, don't over-step your boundaries. Just because you've been here longer and posted a million times more than I have doesn't give you the right to act like a mod. And with this, I'm done. I'm never setting foot in this topic ever again, and I apologize for anything I did wrong like expressing my opinion. I was fairly certain, that NiGHTS was a guy but I was wrong and SEGA told you guys that he had no gender. Good-bye!!

I don't even really know how to explain what I was trying to say, which I didn't think deserved a blazing remark like this, but it must've and I'm sorry I've upset you.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

JACKLExREALA 4EVA!

Part of me wonders if you were saying that to be funny, and another part wants to immediately link you to my fanfic. I think I'll listen to the first part and NOT piss off the rest of the fanbase.
I'd like to say that I made a whole comic all about this. It's read in the format of a book for very young children.

It reads:
Page1) "Once upon a time there were two Marens born. Their names were NiGHTS and Reala and they were brothers." (Show picture of two baby NiGHTS and Reala)

Page2) "They never got along, even in early childhood. Reala always seemed to like hitting people." (Show picture of two-year-old Reala standing on a box bonking NiGHTS in the head)

Page3) "As they got older, they began to grow meaner and meaner." (Show picture of NiGHTS sticking his tongue out at Reala and holding a toy away from him while Reala fumes)

Page4) "In their teen years is when the violence really started to show." (Show picture of NiGHTS and Reala attempting to strangle one another while cursing vehemently)

Page5) "In their early adult years, they simply grew apart, as they had nothing in common." (Show picture of NiGHTS and Reala simply turning away from one another)

Page6) "People were confused when graves showed up, as Marens can't really die." (Show picture of Wizeman's hand, confused and sweatdropping, looking at two gravestones)

Page7) "So where are they now?" (Show question mark with NiGHTS on left, Reala on right)

Page8) "The world may never know." (Show question mark with Wizeman's hand as the dot)

Page9) "But no matter where they are, one thing is true." (Show picture split in two: On left, NiGHTS wears a sandwich board saying EAT AT JOES while a passerby laughs at him, on right, Reala is chillin' on a luxury yacht with sunglasses and a martini)

Page10) "Something will bring them back together again." (Show picture of NiGHTS and Reala in prison. NiGHTS is saying, "What are you in for?" Reala replies "Carjacked an old lady. You?" NiGHTS replies, "Assault and battery." They are facing away from each other and glancing at each other boredly)

Page11) THE END

That's my take on their relationship right there.

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

I don't even really know how to explain what I was trying to say, which I didn't think deserved a blazing remark like this, but it must've and I'm sorry I've upset you.

Okay... so I went back on my word and came back. Meggie: I accept your apology and I hope you can accept mine. I didn't mean to blow up like that.

On the topic: DAiLiGHT you are so creative! Is your book real? Cuz if it is, I WANT IT! LOLZ!

To everyone on this thread: Please forgive my behavior on the earlier post. I know I read all that stuff on a website either this one or nightsintodreams.net (Which is down right now). But, I'm certain I read that, I'm positive. I'm sorry if I acted like I knew what I was talking about. Forgive me guys...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

On the topic: DAiLiGHT you are so creative! Is your book real? Cuz if it is, I WANT IT! LOLZ!

Um... if by "Real" you mean "published and marketed" then no, no it is not. But if you want a copy all I have to do is photocopy it and send it to you XD it's just doodles on lined paper that I drew in Study XD

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I want it!!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
*is a bit scared* Um..... o....kay..... Well, since I don't know where you live, that might be difficult.... Plus my handwriting is damn illegible.... Um.... *twitch* I also don't know where I could find a large enough envelope to hold 12 pages of material. Or enough stamps thereof. Staaaaaaaamps.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
We're lucky this fandom is the size it is. Any bigger and crazier, and we'd be having a big flame war while FW points and laughs at us :P

I happen to like NxR (among others), but you don't see me jumping down DiGi or Purg's throat's for disliking it. Heck, I even agree with some of their points. It should be common courtesy really: Don't bash/patronize someone for liking/disliking this or that fanon, and if you find yourself getting angry over someone disagreeing with you... take a deep breath, walk away from the computer, and do something else. Or rant in private. Just don't jump down people's throats, please? It's stuffy and yucky and dark in there D:

DiGi, you're totally the pineapple on my pizza! Please don't ask what's that supposed to mean 'cause I don't know.

To get this back on-topic again, my take on their relationship in canon: They're rivals. The end ^_^

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog games, NiGHTS, Pokemon games, NiGHTS, KH2, ferrets, cats, dogs, NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle...

We're lucky this fandom is the size it is. Any bigger and crazier, and we'd be having a big flame war while FW points and laughs at us :P

I happen to like NxR (among others), but you don't see me jumping down DiGi or Purg's throat's for disliking it. Heck, I even agree with some of their points. It should be common courtesy really: Don't bash/patronize someone for liking/disliking this or that fanon, and if you find yourself getting angry over someone disagreeing with you... take a deep breath, walk away from the computer, and do something else. Or rant in private. Just don't jump down people's throats, please? It's stuffy and yucky and dark in there D:

DiGi, you're totally the pineapple on my pizza! Please don't ask what's that supposed to mean 'cause I don't know.

To get this back on-topic again, my take on their relationship in canon: They're rivals. The end ^_^

My sister was saying the same thing, but she was talking about another fanon pairing. You shouldn't bash people for what they like and dislike, no matter how much you hate it and no matter how untrue it is. People should still respect one another's opinions, if the person doesn't like a certain thing another person likes, doesn't mean that that person can just go on an rant and bash about it. Period.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
If only there were some game, you know, some sort of interactive media that allowed us to see these characters converse and infer from there.

Oh, wait.

There are two of them.

[/sarcasm]

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
NiD doesn't really help much though. We're not even that sure of what Reala's saying in that mini-intro to his battle. Whiiich is probably why this is in the JoD-forum rather than the general one - JoD gives more to base our theories/guessings/shot-in-the-darks on (if you count it as the same canon as NiD that is, and not a separate one).

And, sometimes, you *coughlikemecough* have to remind yourself "NiGHTS can turn into a bob-sleigh, a rocket, a boat and a rollercoaster, I might be looking a bit too far into it."

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Depends if you like pineapple or not, lol. :blink:

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Depends if you like pineapple or not, lol. :D

Generally I do ;)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

We're lucky this fandom is the size it is. Any bigger and crazier, and we'd be having a big flame war while FW points and laughs at us ;)

Like some Zutarians. *shot* ..... Note that I said some. XD

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Two rivals born of the same realm, conceived by wicked hands, and commanded to obey Wizeman's order. NiGHTS and Reala, once partners in dastardly deeds, departed by a belief. A belief that what was being done was wrong, immoral, and just plain cruel. That belief belonged to NiGHTS. The purple hatted Nightmaren, once filled with violence and rage escapes from the palms of the dark overlord. Reala seeing NiGHTS's actions as a most serious act of treason has sworn vengeance on one that he once called his comrade.

You know... cause stuff like that happens... right?

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures

Agreed!

Dreamy NiGHTS

Dreamy NiGHTS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

*is a bit scared* Um..... o....kay..... Well, since I don't know where you live, that might be difficult.... Plus my handwriting is damn illegible.... Um.... *twitch* I also don't know where I could find a large enough envelope to hold 12 pages of material. Or enough stamps thereof. Staaaaaaaamps.

DAiLiGHT: How about you send me the 12 page story online and I'll draw it out? *winces* (Did you draw it already?) I would love to draw it out. *Admits not having the best drawing skills, but get around fairly okay* Just an idea...

Two rivals born of the same realm, conceived by wicked hands, and commanded to obey Wizeman's order. NiGHTS and Reala, once partners in dastardly deeds, departed by a belief. A belief that what was being done was wrong, immoral, and just plain cruel. That belief belonged to NiGHTS. The purple hatted Nightmaren, once filled with violence and rage escapes from the palms of the dark overlord. Reala seeing NiGHTS's actions as a most serious act of treason has sworn vengeance on one that he once called his comrade.

That's exactly what I thought the story was, but I stand corrected, I guess... Either way, that is still my guess and well, it could be. I hope it is though, because to be honest that story *in my mind, anyways* makes more sense. But, people can still dream lolz. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users