Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nights and Reala's relationship (discuss)

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Mysticgamer

Mysticgamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Are they just rivals or friends or what? I got the feeling the writers wanted to do more with the story but the higher ups cut the budget and whole bunch of interesting stuff got left out on the cutting room floor or something. For one thing Nights doesn't even twitch when she sees Reala no matter how many times He locks her up in that blasted bird cage.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
AGREED!

So much more could also have been done with the whole "i'm gonna remove your soul from your body and take free will" that was thrown into the mix in the last, 5 minutes.

The ending was almost as random as the REAL final boss in FF9.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
They both did serve under wiseman so doesn't that make them siblings to an extent? however, I wouldn't go as far as to say they have a brother/sister relationship more likely comrades. IMO

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, one thing people always do is pair these two up like they had some kinda relationship! OH YOU CRAZY FANBOYS/GIRLS/PEOPLE! You make me lolz! XD

Considering that Reala is always out to ruin NiGHTS, i think it just boils down to a comrade thing where Reala always felt threatened by NiGHTS' position and once NiGHTS rebelled it was Reala's chance to kiss Wizemans ass to the fullest and take out NiGHTS. Nothing more than mere rivalry. Imagine a Goku and Vegeta thing - Goku being carefree and Vegeta always holding a grudge = NiGHTS being carefree, Reala always holding the grudge. That's the way i see it throughout this story. Nothing more, nothing less.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
My own personal take on their relationship is that they were partners in crime for a while but NiGHTS began to see the Dream World falling apart at the seams so he betrayed Wizeman and tried to fix it and for a while, Reala was devestated ("Nuuuu! MY BRUVVA!") but then did a half-ass-mental-backflip and turned his heartbreak into hatred and rage and set out to destroy NiGHTS.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
i dont know why Reala has a grudge against owl now after JoD

*i sure do*

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Reala hates NiGHTS. Loathes him to a very far extent. The two of them were most likely rivals even when NiGHTS was on Wizeman's side. Once NiGHTS left though, it made Reala hate NiGHTS even more, because now NiGHTS wasn't just his rival, he was his arch-nemesis.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Considering they try and kill each other the only time they meet, I don't think there's any kind of relationship here. In case you didn't know, I completely ignore JoD. But my nickname for JoD Reala is "Punk-Ass Reala". And hey, it the same with NiGHTS AND Wizeman.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Oh, c'mon. He had to let all that punkassness out SOMETIME!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
My way of seeing it. NiGHTS and Reala both worked for the same high authority. NiGHTS defected due to his personal beliefs. Reala is mad at this as he has to finish the fight alone but at least he has the privilege of playing with power while NiGHTS is now stuck at a point in the flying purple jester's life doing what Nintendon't. However Reala still doesn't understand the cake is a lie and is as futile as the rest of the Nightmaren NiGHTS has brutally murdered. But does NiGHTS care about the blood trail left behind? Of course not. NiGHTS is all "Life is short. Play more." and "Live in your world, play in ours." Owl is all "Touching is good." and in the end no one gets the pie they ordered.

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
They were both created by Wizeman, and i believe around the same time also. So I seem them as siblings. Then they developed sibling rivalry as NiGHTS decided to leave Wizeman. But i believe that before that they were on good terms. Reala now probably misses NiGHTS, but his dedication to Wizeman supercedes their relationship. Maybe he puts NiGHTS in the cage hoping he'll escape or take some time to think and change? Like a time out maybe :lol:

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Maybe Reala just plain hates NiGHTS.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
"There is none, NiGHTS!"

Basically sums it up.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Amen, iLLViLLAiN. Amen.

Mythic

Mythic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy critters, comics and animation, retro things, videogames, the 80's
NiGHTS and Reala were rivals and close friends. As soon as NiGHTS rebelled, Reala was devestated, but soon he drove his feelings (FRIENDSHIP) for NiGHTS out of his heart and replaced those feelings with hate and contempt. Then Reala became completely loyal to Wizeman in hopes of getting revenge. At least, that's how I see it...

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I'm not so sure. The way Reala treats NiGHTS, I thinks Reala's always hated NiGHTS.

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Imagine a Goku and Vegeta thing - Goku being carefree and Vegeta always holding a grudge = NiGHTS being carefree, Reala always holding the grudge. That's the way i see it throughout this story. Nothing more, nothing less.

lol yeah, except it's those very realities that practically encourage fans to pair them together. XD

You can tell by the way NiGHTS acts that he once considered themselves to have a close relationship, whether it be as comrades under Wizeman or true friends. (When he'd hurt Reala's arm in that one battle, NiGHTS seemed genuinely concerned/guilty.) But obviously, Reala doesn't take betrayal of Wizeman (and/or perhaps of himself?) very well, because he takes any opportunity to ruin/destroy NiGHTS without remorse.

Sometimes I also like to think that Reala's anger towards NiGHTS also has foundations in jealousy, not just betrayal, because Wizeman would regularly threaten to destroy Reala if he failed (who unlike his brethren, actually got second chances), but when it came to NiGHTS, Wizeman found him far too valuable, instead proposing to simply replace his consciousness. So maybe he also fosters jealousy towards NiGHTS due to Wizeman's obvious favoritism towards NiGHTS despite Reala's own personal lifetime of dedication to Wizeman. (wow...that was a run-on sentence if I ever read one...)

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I don't know where people see that NiGHTS has a "justice complex."
I agree with DiGi, our Great Bunny Overlord. THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP. Although putiing a relationship there does make an interesting story, so who am I to complain? A writer needs material.
It's just a rivalry. It reminds me of Rockman and Forte, actually. A bit, in Rockman and Forte the game, where if they had an enemy who threatened to kill them both, they would work together to kill that threat, and then get into a battle afterwards.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I do not believe there is currently a "relationship" between the two, true... however, there are many moments that hint to a possible relationship between the purple and red jesters. They suggest that they were at allies or comrades at some point or AT THE VERY MOST friends of a sort...
In JoD NiGHTS showed concern for Reala after their first match asking if he was ok, now NiGHTS doesn't have a great sense of virtue (he just wants ta have a good time) so I doubt he was simply being a nice guy especially since NiGHTS slaughters other Nightmarens without a care. Reala also captures NiGHTS when givin the chance and never actually kills him (unless givin orders be Wiseman) and (on multiple occasions) Reala even tried to recruit NiGHTS back to rejoining Wiseman so this probably eliminates any possibility of jealousy or contempt twords NiGHTS when/if they were comrades.
This next example is from NiGHTS into Dreams although I'm probably just thinking too hard on this one I think it's worth mentioning.
At the beginning of the fight against Reala, Reala states "there is no NiGHTS" this could POSSIBLY mean that the NiGHTS Reala once knew is now gone and thus denies NiGHTS existence...
altogether I think that this is begging for a NiGHTS sequel that gets a little more in depth into this.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

NiGHTS and Reala were rivals and close friends. As soon as NiGHTS rebelled, Reala was devestated, but soon he drove his feelings (FRIENDSHIP) for NiGHTS out of his heart and replaced those feelings with hate and contempt. Then Reala became completely loyal to Wizeman in hopes of getting revenge. At least, that's how I see it...

That's exactly what I said about ten or so posts ago.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
If there must be a relationship between the two jesters, I believe that it would be the sibling kind... the "siblings who get into heated fist fights over who gets the last piece of cake but probably get over it and paraloop some 'Pians together later" kind. However, when NiGHTS rebelled against Wizeman for his forever unknown reasons, Reala became bitterly disappointed in his brother and now treats him like an enemy.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^

Sometimes I also like to think that Reala's anger towards NiGHTS also has foundations in jealousy, not just betrayal, because Wizeman would regularly threaten to destroy Reala if he failed (who unlike his brethren, actually got second chances), but when it came to NiGHTS, Wizeman found him far too valuable, instead proposing to simply replace his consciousness. So maybe he also fosters jealousy towards NiGHTS due to Wizeman's obvious favoritism towards NiGHTS despite Reala's own personal lifetime of dedication to Wizeman. (wow...that was a run-on sentence if I ever read one...)

I noticed this too while playing JoD. Wizeman definitely seems to favor NiGHTS over Reala, and I think that's why Reala treats NiGHTS the way he does. Wizeman does indeed threaten Reala when he fails and doesn't listen to him when Reala tries to tell him that Helen and Will's Ideya are what's allowing NiGHTS to elude and confound them. However, whenever NiGHTS comes up in those conversations, Wizeman calls NiGHTS' rebelling "indescretions" and "insolence," pretty much blowing it off. I think we can safely say that Reala wouldn't fare very well if he was the one rebelling. So yes, I agree that tremendous jealousy motivates Reala against NiGHTS. I think we can also say that's why Reala is so loyal and obedient to Wizeman: he's trying to prove himself and get his master's attention.

However, I'm also inclined to believe that Reala does feel a little something for NiGHTS (and I'm talking former companion, sibling, or even friend).

In-game evidence:

* He tries to talk NiGHTS into coming back on several occasions
* He chats with NiGHTS (sort of) until the purple guy says something that pisses him off and THEN Reala sics the Goodles on him
* He says at the beginning of Helen's story that he's following orders and that it's "nothing personal." (although he seems to be enjoying himself)
* He warns NiGHTS about Cerberus
* He warns NiGHTS that Wizeman's patience is wearing thin
* He lets Will go after NiGHTS tells him to after he's captured in Lost Park (by this I mean he didn't hurt Will or take him to Wizeman afterward like he was apparently going to)

I know a couple of these are shaky, but just like NiD a lot of plot points in JoD are left vague, which gives us fans a lot of leeway to interpret as we please. =P

We know NiGHTS a lot better than we know Reala, so with what we know of NiGHTS in mind and how we've seen the two interact throughout the game, I think it's true that there are some feelings between them, but their glaring differences in personality and their history drive them apart.

Wizeman isn't helping anything either. Judging by Wizeman's actions throughout JoD, I think he's actively and subtly playing NiGHTS and Reala against each other. In a way that sort of makes sense; if I were an all powerful critter like Wizeman, I wouldn't want my two best and free will gifted creations teaming up against me. ;P

As far as a romantic relationship between the two maren? Not likely in canon, but it's fun as hell to play with in fanon. X3 There's enough fodder to make it work too. So yeah, I get a kick out of NxR. XD It amuses me.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
It amuses me as well. I am indeed guilty of the fanfiction bug.

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
The NiGHTS fandom needs moar fanfiction. Seriously. XD *gets to work writing something*

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Back on topic. NiGHTS and Reala hate each other.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Amen, DAiLiGHT.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Could be that NiGHTS, while he doesn't like him, sympathizes with Reala because he has a free will, too, so he is more reluctant to kill him than 2nd and 3rd levels. Reala's "sibling" comment seems to just be part of his attempt to make Helen not trust NiGHTS, and not his view toward their relationship. He seems to just plain hate NiGHTS.

Saphira

Saphira

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Her Music:<br />Boys like Girls, Secondhand Serenade, Flyleaf, Silverstien, All time low, CASCADA, Rihanna, Paramore, Linkin Park, Evanescence, M.I.A, Anberlin, Family Force 5<br /><br />Her Hobbies:<br />Drawing, Wii, music, hanging with friends, texting, IMing, writing songs, sewing<br /><br />Random:<br />I really love the smell of gasoline, vanilla, new cars, model homes, pickles, and plastic. <br />I'm really random.
I think that what happened was Wizeman created NiGHTS and Reala at the same time, and the two were very close friends until NiGHTS finally opened his eyes and saw what Wizeman was doing to the Dream World. It was then that NiGHTS betrayed Wizeman. Reala was devastated, and Wizeman told him to let go, and that NiGHTS is his enemy now. Reala followed Wizeman's words and now he hates NiGHTS. NiGHTS still probably has some brotherly feelings for Reala though (EX: the incident where Reala's arm got hurt), but for no one else. See the way NiGHTS treats Wizeman, then look at the way he treats Reala. I also think that somewhere toward the end of JoD, NiGHTS realizes that him and Reala will always no matter what be enemies, and Reala will always hate him, so when Reala and NiGHTS have their final battle, NiGHTS doesn't hold back in trying to kill him.

Guest_Purachina_*

Guest_Purachina_*
  • Guests

I noticed this too while playing JoD. Wizeman definitely seems to favor NiGHTS over Reala, and I think that's why Reala treats NiGHTS the way he does. Wizeman does indeed threaten Reala when he fails and doesn't listen to him when Reala tries to tell him that Helen and Will's Ideya are what's allowing NiGHTS to elude and confound them. However, whenever NiGHTS comes up in those conversations, Wizeman calls NiGHTS' rebelling "indescretions" and "insolence," pretty much blowing it off. I think we can safely say that Reala wouldn't fare very well if he was the one rebelling. So yes, I agree that tremendous jealousy motivates Reala against NiGHTS. I think we can also say that's why Reala is so loyal and obedient to Wizeman: he's trying to prove himself and get his master's attention.

However, I'm also inclined to believe that Reala does feel a little something for NiGHTS (and I'm talking former companion, sibling, or even friend).

In-game evidence:

* He tries to talk NiGHTS into coming back on several occasions
* He chats with NiGHTS (sort of) until the purple guy says something that pisses him off and THEN Reala sics the Goodles on him
* He says at the beginning of Helen's story that he's following orders and that it's "nothing personal." (although he seems to be enjoying himself)
* He warns NiGHTS about Cerberus
* He warns NiGHTS that Wizeman's patience is wearing thin
* He lets Will go after NiGHTS tells him to after he's captured in Lost Park (by this I mean he didn't hurt Will or take him to Wizeman afterward like he was apparently going to)

I know a couple of these are shaky, but just like NiD a lot of plot points in JoD are left vague, which gives us fans a lot of leeway to interpret as we please. =P

We know NiGHTS a lot better than we know Reala, so with what we know of NiGHTS in mind and how we've seen the two interact throughout the game, I think it's true that there are some feelings between them, but their glaring differences in personality and their history drive them apart.

Wizeman isn't helping anything either. Judging by Wizeman's actions throughout JoD, I think he's actively and subtly playing NiGHTS and Reala against each other. In a way that sort of makes sense; if I were an all powerful critter like Wizeman, I wouldn't want my two best and free will gifted creations teaming up against me. ;P

As far as a romantic relationship between the two maren? Not likely in canon, but it's fun as hell to play with in fanon. X3 There's enough fodder to make it work too. So yeah, I get a kick out of NxR. XD It amuses me.

Very well said =)

NiGHTS really does seem to get a kick out of pissing off Reala. And Reala is very... physical with NiGHTS. Grabbing on to his collar and lifting him up, taking him by the back of his vest. I think there is another occasion. ((Whoops, I'm starting to say I support RxN. I do, but that's not the point of this topic ;3))

ANYWAY. I only found one incident where NiGHTS seemed to care about Reala. It was at the end of the match between them, Reala fell on his knees, and NiGHTS came up to him and said "Hey, are you alright?"

My theory, is that NiGHTS and Reala once cared for each other. I really think that Reala had to choose between NiGHTS and Wizeman. ((NiGHTS and Reala as friends, of course.)) But Reala is very loyal to Wizeman and couldn't betray his father.

Their theme is even called "Tragedic Revenge" I don't think Reala doesn't want anyone to hurt his master, but I still think he has feelings for NiGHTS. Also, he seemed very hesitant about get Cerberus to go after NiGHTS. Or maybe he was just scared of Cerberus.

Once again, this is not a yaoi sort of rant. Just the non romantic relationship of the two.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Well, let's see. I'd be afraid of Cerberus too. It's a gigantic goddamn HELLHOUND COMING TO EAT MY FACE. I don't blame Reala for being a little wigged out.

On their relationship, I did sense a little concern there when Reala's arm was hurt and NiGHTS said, "Hey, are you alright?"

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
What I think is, the craziest fangirls/boys out there, and this goes for ANYTHING, try to pair up the biggest protagonist and antagonist, and see how that works out. NiGHTS is no different. They HATE each other. LIVE WITH IT!!!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Chillax, OrangeNightmare. We're having a discussion, not a shoutfest.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
TheOrangeNightmare does have a point though. NiGHTS and Reala are meant to be 2 of the biggest rivals to ever fly through the Night Dimension. Some people don't seem to understand that.

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Meh, it happens in all fandoms. You just get used to it after awhile. =/

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I have a theory on the real reason NxR is so popular, and it's very simple; they're the only two characters in the game that strike us as physiologically compatible (aside from Jackle, but he has no body and thus isn't as popular to pair with either).

Er... maybe I should elaborate a little on that; they're the only ones who physically look compatible with each other (again, aside from Jackle, but his inviso-body makes it easy to slap him with just about any of the others).

But, anyway, my take on their relationship as I've seen it since after I got over my short little stint of brain-screaming 'EVIL!!!! D< ' whenever I saw Reala.

Tragedic Revenge sums it up nicely; once they cared very much about each other, but because of NiGHTS's decision to defend Nightopia instead of help destroy it, Reala was forced to choose, and he chose 'wrong'. I use quotation marks because 1) there might be someone out there who thinks differently and 2) it's really understandable that he did. He probably cared very much for both of them, was likely not exposed to whatever drove NiGHTS to rebel, and thus the only way he could choose was by... well... picking one of them. Wizeman's omnipotency may or may not have effected his choice, but I personally don't think that had anything to do with it.

Reala didn't seem to fear Wizeman himself, but rather... feared disappointing him...

Yeah, I'm getting kinda offtopic now, but Reala and Wizeman's relationship has a massive effect on Reala and NiGHTS's current relationship, no matter how you look at it. It's the driving force in their very obvious rivalry, for Pete's sake.

To continue on that tangent, I don't think Reala harbors true fear of Wizeman, though he does certainly recognize the Dream Force Master's power (yes, that is what I've come to believe 'D Force Master' means; not that I don't think anyone else has come across this idea before)... *goes to make a separate topic concerning Wizeman before she gets completely off-topic* ...but that's all the more reason for him to stay. Reala is a very loyal Maren, and... somewhere... (mostly because of the specific coloration of his 'ideya') I believe he has the capacity for something one wouldn't think a Nightmaren would ever be allowed to have.

Love. (..... Father-son; not anything else, you creepy people. D: And in relation to how blaringly obvious the observation 'pink=love' is, and yet Reala doesn't seem the type... I did try to research what symbolism pink has in Japanese culture, and love makes the most sense. Purity's already taken, Innocence can be taken as a translation of Purity (but since it wasn't translated into English as such, I don't believe this is quite right), and 'the transient nature of life' can't exactly be an ideya (this particular possible meaning of pink was taken from a wikipedia entry on cherry blossoms).)

Not to say NiGHTS can't; they were both created with free will, and come with all the bells and whistles of it, but NiGHTS doesn't let himself become as tied down by it as Reala. NiGHTS doesn't stop caring, though; he probably still, somewhere deep in his heart, harbors some familial love for even Wizeman, despite the obvious hatred towards him. One can hate their parents with all of their being, and yet at the same time have enough feeling for them to help them if they need it. NiGHTS not only has the courage to face oblivion at Wizeman's hand, but to face his own feelings for all the Maren and Wizeman himself to protect the dreams of the visitors. I think something traumatic had to have happened to NiGHTS in relation to the destruction of Nightopia for him to feel so strongly that he needs to disregard his entire family, especially since he himself was likely raised by Wizeman alongside Reala (the other maren's wills are Wizeman's, so he didn't really have to raise them into their mode of thinking), but that's going into an entirely different topic (like I haven't already).

So now they are siblings forced to fight each other for their vastly differing views on what's important; Reala holding loyalty to his creator above all else, and NiGHTS coming to realize that Nightopia should not be destroyed.

Now, on to making that topic I said I was making before I go completely beserk going through this thing and adding stuff to my strange attempts at sense-making. XPPPP

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
:blink: ... I feel the need to defend us RxN fans... We know that it's 'fanon' and that the closest NiGHTS and Reala ever were was most likely just siblings (or whatever). When we draw or write about RxN we're not saying "this is how their relationship is, deal with it!" If anything we're saying, "it'd be interesting if that was their relationship."

And for the people who bash RxN and those who like it, calling them crazy and stupid, try thinking about something you like that others didn't and said you were 'crazy' for liking it (NiGHTS is a good example of this, I know some of you have dealt with people who say that the game looks childish, stupid, or even gay... but you like it anyway (or else you wouldn't be here)). :rolleyes:

But like others have said, I think they care about each other, but not in a romantic way.

Kitty

Kitty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
; ; Im a RxN fan <3

I think it would be cute if they were once in a relationship and then NiGHTS went all good so then Reala denyed NiGHTS. A tragic revenge love story <3

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

:blink: ... I feel the need to defend us RxN fans... We know that it's 'fanon' and that the closest NiGHTS and Reala ever were was most likely just siblings (or whatever). When we draw or write about RxN we're not saying "this is how their relationship is, deal with it!" If anything we're saying, "it'd be interesting if that was their relationship."

And for the people who bash RxN and those who like it, calling them crazy and stupid, try thinking about something you like that others didn't and said you were 'crazy' for liking it (NiGHTS is a good example of this, I know some of you have dealt with people who say that the game looks childish, stupid, or even gay... but you like it anyway (or else you wouldn't be here)). :rolleyes:

But like others have said, I think they care about each other, but not in a romantic way.

I didn't intend to bash the RxN fans, especially those who see it as a fun fanon thing rather than fact. I apologize if I sounded that way, but I know you're likely speaking to more than myself.

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I didn't intend to bash the RxN fans, especially those who see it as a fun fanon thing rather than fact. I apologize if I sounded that way, but I know you're likely speaking to more than myself.

It was directed at everyone who's like "all you crazy fangirls need to stop being so f-ing crazy because NiGHTS and Reala are just f-ing siblings/friends/rivals/etc."

They act like we don't know that RxN isn't canon. :lol:

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures

Chillax, OrangeNightmare. We're having a discussion, not a shoutfest.

Meh, sorry! Just stating, not trying to sound like I'm exploding over this!!
And yes Envy, the non-weirdos out there are the ones speculating over what it would be like. There ARE others, however...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users