Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
"True, but as you know, the conflict between water and electricity has been going on for eons. Its in my blood to suspect her. I think that she's lying, but she doesn't have a pulse, so I can't get in, which just makes me even more suspicious." Nyclone grabbed his staff back, shut it off, and looked at Life. "Look, even without reading your mind, I can tell that you hate your probable boss with every fiber of your being, if you had any. So, if you want to get revenge, come with us, or you can stay with big, tall, and doesn't even have any eyes on his head. You choice." Nyclone said, making a plasma orb.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
"Oh, give it a rest. Ice is nothing but an offshoot of water, and we get along just fine, ya whiner." Frosty says, picking ambrosia out of his teeth with his pinky claw. "Besides, I think you're forgetting to ask the important question. Which is 'What do you know about those shadow things?'" Frosty says, pitching his ice-chopsticks.

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Everything and anything, including gaming, drawing, singing, acting, running around in crazy circles, cosplaying, AVcon, Shintokyo, camp, swimming, hitting people on the head with books...*passes out due to lack of breath*<br />
life munched on the icicles, listening intently. When Frosty got to the issue of her lack of strength, she growled at him. Life was getting more and more angry at this duo, sure she wasn't the strongest maren around, but she could take on these jerks. They both had reasons to suspect her and she had reason to suspect them, who was to say they wouldn't attack? Life answered Nyclone's question seriously, she didn't want to get zapped. "Yes, ok, i do work for wizeman" she started "but i have no reason to go with you, even if i do hate my boss". She crossed her hands stubbornly, until she saw Nyclone charging some kind of plasma ball. Life stiffened then, trying to keep her rage under control. She turned to Frosty. "i know suff about thosethings, yes." she said crypically "but that information isn't for you to know."

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
"We have been rebelling longer than you have been alive. Sorry if I've been mean to you. Like I said, We should be mortal enemies. And we can teach you how to get stronger."

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Everything and anything, including gaming, drawing, singing, acting, running around in crazy circles, cosplaying, AVcon, Shintokyo, camp, swimming, hitting people on the head with books...*passes out due to lack of breath*<br />
Liferien looked at Nyclone douptfully, she really didn't want to hang around an electric elemental. She really didn't have a choice however if she wanted to remain safe. She still had the dreamer to look after and those shadows would track them down sooner or later. Life nodded her head, thinking that despite their natural conflicts, they could protect the dreamer better than she could alone. "Ok, i'll come with you" she said "but you must swear to protect the dreamer". Life looked to where Lydia lay, hoping she would be ok.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Thats why we even helped in the first place." Nyclone said. He Helped her up, but gave her a buzzer equivilent of a shock.

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Life nodded, she trusted them somewhat now, but was still wary. She jumped as Nyclone helped her up, the shock surprising her. Looking at both maren, she streched her arms. "Those creatures, the shadows, i was caught by them a while ago while gallavanting with a dreamer" Life started "They got both of us, the reamer managed to escape using the light of their ideya and my water manipulating.". "I assume you already know they are weak to light, but there is another way to bring them down" she continued. "unfortunately the things fogged my mind with darkness, it wasn't serious, but i now cant recall the other way to beat them.". Liferien shrugged. "unless you can acess my memories the second option is off limits." she concluded, though still trying to remember.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"I could if you had an electric pulse."

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Lydia yelped slightly as she was awakened- not from the shock Nyclone gave her, but from alarm.
"...What's going on?!"

"I'd like to know the same thing..." said Aspen, approaching the group despite Owl's protests.

The two teens paused, then exchanged looks.

"... Who are you?"

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Well, we found a Wizeman pet." Nyclone explained, "And Lydia, Meet Aspen."

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"I...think I've seen you before. You're that guy from the animal shelter, right?"

"Yeah, and you're the girl from the art classroom."

"..."

Was it something I said...?

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty looks between the two, before turning to Nyclone and Liferien. "Okay, even though they'll slow us down, I know we gotta take the kids... But what about the old coot?" Frosty asks, pointing with his thumb at Owl. "Can we eat him?"
"NO!" was everyone's reply.
"Fine, fine. ... But if he wakes up missing a few feathers or a limb or two, you only have yourselves to blame." Frosty says, licking his lips.

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Liferien was overjoyed that Lydia was ok. She gave her a beaming smile, then was about to explain the whole situation to her, when Nyclone interrupted. "I am NOT one of his 'pets'" she spat at Nyclone, her eyes narrowed. She turned away from him with a huff, she didnt need this right now. Life obsereved how the two dreamers interagted, then looked over to frosty, who had spoken up. She nodded in agreement that they needed to take the dreamers, and laughed at his desire to have owl as a snack. She sighed, it seemed even if she wasnted to save the dreamer, these two maren still didnt trust her. It wasn't her fault she couldn't get away from her dammed master, was it?

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Yes! I got in!" Nyclone said. Nyclone first thought to Aspen. 'No, I don't think so...' Next was Life. 'Guess who?'

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty sighs, noting the sudden silence. "Oi. No mind games, Nyclone. Ya scare people enough with the electricity thing, you don't need them scared to even think. It's one of the first things you learn. 'Never show your whole hand at once. Save your trump cards for last. And never let an Ideya slip through your fingers.' Even as a rouge, those princaples apply, just for different reasons." Frosty says.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"Wait! You two," Aspen said, looking between Life and Nyclone, "well...I'm actually still not sure about anything, but Mr. Frosty the Tiger over there threatened to eat me earlier! I'm NOT going with him."

Lydia giggled slightly at the nickname, but then drew close to Aspen. Even though she didn't really know him, either (and being this close to a boy made her blush on the inside), she thought it had to be safer than sticking around with these strange creatures...

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Life fell quite ungracefully onto her butt at the sound of Nyclones voice in her head. 'How on nightopia did you get into my head?' she thought back to him. She was still kinda irked about what he had said before, so Life concentrated on putting up barriers in her mind to block him from her more 'private' memories and thoughts.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty flicks his tail. "It's either Frosty, FrostBITE, or Jack Frost, to you. No Jack Frosty, either. Even Jack Frost is liable to get you bit." Frosty begins circling the two dreamers, like a hungry shark. "And relax, kid. I wasn't really planning on eatin' ya. I was just messin' with your head, is all. Like all cats do to their prey. You probably would have woken up before I was done with my fun, anyway." Frosty says.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Aww, but mind games are so fun!" Nyclone whined. 'You don't need to put up barriers, as I can only get into some of it, but barriers don't work.'

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
The two Dreamers clung to each other...then blushed and pulled away from each other.

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Life cautiously lowered her mental barriers and let Nyclone fully into her mind. 'Just dont fool around in there' she thought 'I think its somwhere in here'. Life nudged the mental probe towards a memory. She lifed herself off the ground and waved to Lydia and Aspen. "I'm Liferien, I kinda save you girl" she said slowly, still trying to guide Nyclone in her mind. "Guys, I may look a bit spaced out for a while untill Nyclone finishes rifling through my head" life started "so dont poke me or put me into inappropriate positions ok?". with that said, Liferiens eyes lost their shine and her pupils all but dissapered as she focused her being on helping Nyclone find what they needed.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"I will be too." Nyclone said. 'Thank you.' Nyclone spaced out, his eyes becoming plasm orbs. The probe rifled through files in Life. What most people don't know, Is that the memory part of the mind acts and functions like a computer. So Nyclone's probe continued to search.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty flicks his tail, smirking, extremely tempted to use Nyclone and Life's bodies as oversized beanbag chairs, or even as target practice, but he resists.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." a voice said. A Jester comes out, armed with a plasma bazooka. "I am Haderion, Nyclone's body guard, when needed." He said.

Nyclone was still looking. "Gods, how deep did you hide this thing?"

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Life mind-sighed. In her minds eye she pointed to a part of her memory banks shrouded in dense black fog. 'I think it might be in there' she thought sarcastically. 'Ok mr lazer beams, kill this fog and then i should be able to remeber'. Life inched closer to the fog, looking at it closely. Yup, if Nyclone just got rid of this, then she'd be able to kick some shadow butt. unfortunately for life, the darkness didnt seem to agree ith her course of action, an the darkness formed a huge hand that grabbed at her conciousness. 'WHAT THE!?!' she screamed, trying to get away from the spectre

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
'CRAP!' Nyclone yelled. He created a white light somewhat fending of the shadow. 'HELP! I CAN'T HOLD HIM OFF MUCH LONGER!!!'

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Life was stuck between a shadow hand and a hard place as she struggled to free herself. She concentrated all her energy on creating the biggest ball of water she could muster, hoping that the shadow wouldn't be able to hang on to it. The sphere grew around her, making the shadow hand expand, but it waas not letting her go. Suddenly, Nyclones light seemed ten times as bright as it was previously. The light was being concentrated in the sphere and concentrated, hen shot back out at the shadow. Unfortunately for Life, it wasn't to comfortable being in the middle of a water magnifying glass. The shadows dispersed quickly, and life wobbled inside her sphere, sore from head to toe from the intense light.

Liferiens body collapsed in the dreamscape, letting out and exasperated moan before becoming quite still.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Nyclone got the file, and came out. "Damn." Nyclone said, looking at life. He pulled out some medical Jesters from his dimension, and let them work their magic on Life.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Aspen and Lydia had slipped away during all of this, and were wandering around the valley.
"You know, even though it's weird, this place is...beautiful, really."

"...Canvas Valley..." Lydia whispered. "... !
It's impossible, but I think I know this place!"

"Huh? How?"

Lydia placed her hand against one of the rocks, ran her fingers through the tall grass.
"It feels like clay, and the grass is so stringy...This is a sculpture I made, two years ago! 'A scene meant to depict art itself'...I called it Canvas Valley."
She could remember it, every part- painstaking hours carving the flowers into the top of the palette plateau, outlining every ridge on the paintbrush rocks...
Her art...
"...But..."

"But what?"

"Nothing."
It's...all nothing.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"It's good, eh?" Frosty says, plucking a leaf off of a tree. "A dreamworld made from your own memories. ... Oh, don't look so surprised. Someone's gotta keep watch over you." Frosty says. "Not like the Owl can fight off anything that comes this way. Half of his vocabulary is variations on the word 'Run.'"

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"Six pence says you can't even spell 'vocabulary'," the bird muttered under his breath.

Lydia frowned. The prospect of guys like this 'Frosty' in her memories...She didn't like it.

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Life groaned and came to. She slowly lifted herself off the ground, only to find frosty and the dreamers walking off. 'yeah, i go through all this to help you guys and you walk off, real respectful' she mumbled under her breath, slowly gliding towards the four of them. "so, how are you guys going" she asked slowly, still quite sore "you ready to go somewhere safer then this?". she rubbed the back of her head, mumbling something about 'not being protected' and 'stupid light'. She looked back at Nyclone. "he got the memory that we need to kill those shadow things, but they know where we arre now." she explained "I bet my hat that their coming back with re-enfocements"

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
It was just then that a rather dark shadow fell over the two dreamers.

"...Are...storms common around here?" Aspen said, paling slightly.

"No," a whispery, malicious voice replied. "But Nightmaren are...Hehehe."

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Agh! Life, I need a water barrier, fast!"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty jumps down and freezes the tree he was just in, sending frozen leaves, bits of bark, and even parts of the root system flying at the intruding Nightmaren, before lifting up the entire frozen trunk of the tree, and sending it hurtling at the rapidly dodging Maren. He wasn't sure exactly what it looked like, and if it was one of the shadows or not, but he'd find out soon enough.

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Liferien summoned her strength and created the strongest water barrier that she could that covered the dreamers in a dome. She Infused this with her tiny spark of light energy she possessed to keep the nightmaren at bay. "You'll need to get rid of him soon!" Life warned "I don't think my water is enough to hold him for long". She concentrated hard and flew into the water, staying with the dreamers in the pocket of air, while strengthening the defence.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
The incoming Nightmaren looked rather like an inky storm cloud, with an evil smile and bright yellow eyes. It simply laughed as Frosty's projectiles went right through its hazy body.
"My, my...TWO Visitors to take tonight. And some pesky rebellers, it seems..."

"Oh, dear!" Owl yelped, flapping around frantically inside Life's barrier. "That's Miasmare, one of Wizemen's newer second-level Nightmaren! He's made of poisoned air; your attacks won't harm him!"

With another cackle, Miasmare extended a tendril of his body and touched Life's water barrier. The liquid immediately began to blacken. He was poisoning it...

Lydia and Aspen, coughing, fell to their knees and clutched their throats.

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Life pushed her light against the increasing darkness. Her precious water, her element, herself was becoming poisoned. She pushed the contaminated water over herself to protect the dreamers. It didn't hurt her as such, but it weakened her little by little, like a disease coursing through the veins of a healthy body. She did't think she'd be able to hold out for much longer.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Nyclone saw this, and shot a beam of light at the barrier creating an orb of light, putting Mismare at bay.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"A maren made out of poisoned air, huh?!" Frosty smirks, creating one rediculously-sized Japanese 'Paper' Fan, out of ice. "My element may not be wind, but it's pretty obvious how to get this thing to back off!"
Frosty picks up the fan, and waves it at the Maren, forcing it to back off just a few feet. It didn't even seem to be phased by the attack.
"... Well, that was anti-climactic." Frosty mutters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users