Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS - REQUiEM of Dreams

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Evergreen Forest. It was, as its name suggested, a large, lush forest amongst the many dreamscapes of Nightopia. The massive thicket thrived with life. All manner of birds, in every shape, size, and color, flocked in the canopies. Deer nibbled at the tall grass, rabbits darted in the undergrowth, and squirrels scrambled up and down the trunks of oaks and redwoods.
...And a young boy was unconscious at the foot of a tree.
He wore a loose green-and-white T-shirt with a paw print mark on one shoulder, worn brown jeans, and white-and-brown sneakers. A knapsack was slung across his back, and his glasses were slightly askew. Beneath strands of shoulder-length black hair, his face was tanned and freckled. As he opened his eyes, the same green as the trees around him, they widened in shock.
"...Wh-Where am I?"

---

Meanwhile...

---

It was yet another sunny day in Canvas Valley. The plains marched on for as far as the eye could see, waist-high gold grass blowing gently in the wind. Colorful sprigs of wildflowers dotted the hills, and in the middle of it all stood a curving, rocky wall. The wall had given Canvas Valley its name, as it formed a half-circle around several clumps of flowers, making it look like an artist's palette from above.
A young girl was laying on a rock in the middle of the valley. She was pale, and had a long, thick black braid, dressed head-to-toe in black and purple. A bag was strapped around her waist.
Slowly, she pushed herself up, trembling slightly...
"...Ugh...Wh-What happened...?"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
"Oi! Get back here, you old fart! I ain't gonna hurt ya! Much..."
"Hoo! How stupid do you think I am?!"
"Honest opinion, or sugarcoated?"
Frostbite, a blue, catlike Humaren, was weaving through Evergreen Forest, chasing down the Dream Guide, Owl.
"Come on! You're a Scholar, right? Think of it as Nature at work! Cat eats bird, Cat fills stomach, Cat goes to sleep, rinse and repeat!" Frosty says, still chasing Owl down. Now, Frosty could have ended this LONG ago, but the thing was, he wasn't actually hungry. He was just doing this because he could.
"Yes, well, I never was partial to the food chain!" Owl says, ducking into a hole in a tree.
Frosty smirks, landing on the trunk of the tree, and sticking his arm in. "I got you now... HA!" Frosty grabs a fistful of feathers, and yanks out... A sparrow. "D*mn. Close. Oh, well. Better than nothing I suppose."
Frosty jumps out of the tree, shrieking sparrow in-hand, and opens his mouth to bite off it's head, when he spots the Dreamer staring at him.
"Oi. What're ya staring at?" Frosty asks, in a cheesy Brooklyn accent.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Nyclone, while this was happening, happened to be in Canvas Valley, looking at the scenery from the Black Wings, until he spotted the girl. "What the? I should go down and see why she's just standing there." He said, as he dove for the ground beside the girl. When he was about to crash face first into the ground, he flapped his wings, and landed on the goround. "Hello, there. Why are you just sitting?" He asked, collapsing his wings into its stationary egg form.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Aspen recoiled quickly- although this simply resulted in him hitting his head against the trunk of the tree.
It- it looked slightly different than the others, but...it was one of THOSE things, he knew- the things that had been chasing him before...
"B-Back off!"

---

Lydia's reaction wasn't much different. She fell clean off of the rock with a small shriek at the sight of Nyclone, nearly crushing a few curious Nightopians who had been examining the current events.
She looked from the angel-like creatures to the stationary egg form, and swayed badly, as if she were going to faint.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you like my fellow Nightmarens. I only landed from my flight to help." Nyclone explained, Trying to help her."And they might not want another life or death expirence." He said, as he lifted the Nightopians, with them laughing playfully as they were being lifted.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty smirks, pitching the shrieking sparrow over his shoulder, and it quickly flies away. "What? You actually think it's gonna be that easy? Uh-uh. I may have gone rouge, but that doesn't mean torturing dreamers like you hasn't stopped being fun."
"The Lad said, back off!" Owl says, getting between Frosty and Aspen.
"Oh, not you again!" Frosty sighs, putting his hand over his face. "I thought you where still over there, cowering the the bushes."
"Yes, well, cowering or cleverly avoiding detection is a matter of opinion." Owl says.
"Yeah, and while you try to salvage your pride, I'm gonna eat the kid." Frosty says, pushing Owl out of his way.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"Y-Y-" Lydia began shakily, but a sudden, sharp screech from overhead caused her to duck back down into the shadow of the rock, cowering.
The Nightopians wailed, as well. A massive, Nightmaren bird was diving right at them, its eyes hungrily fixed on the Dreamer.

---

Aspen's entire body went numb with shock. Torture him? EAT HIM?!
Thankfully, the impact of Owl's body with his side managed to jolt him back to Earth...or wherever he was.

"Hurry, boy! Run for it! He's not too far from here!"
And with that, the bird flew off.

Although a good part of him wanted to ask WHO wasn't too far from here, Aspen certainly wasn't gonna sit around and be devoured.
He took off after Owl, running for his life.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Why is it that every time I try to make friends, Wizeman gets in the way?!" Nyclone asked himself. He shot a huge beam of lightning at the bird, nearly killing its rider and burning off most of its wings. I gave a loud shriek, and flew off. "GOOD BIRD!" Nyclone taunted at the bird as it limped through the sky. "Sorry about that. Wizeman's still got bounty hunters on me. It probably just went for you because you have Ideya."

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty smirks, taking two of the shards of ice floating behind him into his hands, and places the tips into the ground. "This will be fun. Replicates, go to work."
Suddenly, the two shards of ice vanish into the ground, and Frosty smirks, casually walking into the forest, taking the fast way to Aspen's eventual destination.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Lydia quivered, unable to draw her eyes away from the retreating monster.
"Wh-Who's Wizeman? ...And what do I-I have?"

---

"Where are you taking me?!"

"To a friend of mine who can protect you, and hopefully give that ruffian a well-deserved beating! Hoo!"

"That's what I want to know. And why should I trust you, anyway?" What if this talking bird was only leading him into further trouble?

"Because it's either we find NiGHTS and be saved, or face that Nightmaren and be DINNER."

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"No need to be nervous. Wizeman controls all of Nightmare, and he causes them. Ideya is the life essense of your soul, and if he gets it you'll become one of his minions: The Nightmaren." Nyclone said grimly. "Be careful when you speak of him, though, as all of nightmare would love a promotion and a brethren, so remember this proverb always: Judes is always watching." He said in an even more grim voice, but wispered it aswell.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"Oh, I don't know..." Frosty says, sitting on a nearby boulder, picking at his fingernails. "I may just keep you as pets."
"HOO!! How did you-?!" Owl shrieks, completely caught off-guard.
"Run." Frosty says simply, giving them a hungry look. "Run as if your lives depended on it. ... Which they do, by the way." Frosty says, creating several shards of ice.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"..."
Lydia began to quiver from head to foot.
"...Th-...This i-isn't happening..."

---

Aspen would've run, but he was frozen in fear. He stared at the ice shards.
"W-Wake up..." he whispered to himself. "G-Got to wake up..."

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty smirks. "You really think it'll be that easy, Dreamer? Don't think so." Frosty slowly approaches Aspen, magnifying the terror he was imposing on him. "You'll keep on running until I decide that I'm bored, and then I kill you, imprison you, or even eat you. This World that your mind created is beyond your control, Little Dreamer. Now run, before I dispose of you here and now."

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"I'm afraid it is, young Dreamer. You can't get caught by Wizeman aslong as you're in here, or you'll be proclaimed dead in the Waking." Nyclone said, yes, grimly.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"..."
Lydia fainted.

---

"You know, I think it wise that we actually take his advice," Owl whimpered.

Aspen was already off and running.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Crap." He said bluntly. He tapped her forehead with a small jolt of electricity, guessing that it would wake her up.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty smirks. As Owl and Aspen ran, they didn't notice a small rock that had been kicked up hitting Frosty in the face. Suddenly, a crack developed on Frosty's face, almost as if it where a mask splitting. It was one of Frosty's Replicates. The replicate quickly self-repairs the crack in the mask.
'Better head to the end-point.' The Replicate smirks, vanishing instantly. He knew there was another Replicate further up, ready to scare the living tar out of Aspen and Owl, so his job was done.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"Hoo! This way, my boy! NiGHTS is just ahead, don't you worry!"

Aspen could tell that Owl was trying to reassure himself as much as he was trying to reassure the dreamer. But he didn't care. He kept running.

---

Lydia awoke with a small yelp of pain.

One of the Nightopians frowned at Nyclone. "I don't think shocking her is gonna make her feel better, Mister..."

"G-Get away from me," she whispered, scrambling away. "Y-You're gonna chase me, just like the other ones did-"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"Oh, NiGHTS is ahead? Really? Haven't seen him in a while." Frosty says, appearing out of the trees ahead, standing on an overhead branch. Owl yelps in surprise.
"Surprised to see me? Come on. After I pulled the 'Appear out of nowhere' trick once, you're still surprised?" Frosty asks, shaking his head in mock disappointment. "I'm dealing with an easy audience, here." Frosty sighs, before pulling some shards out of thin air. "Oh, well. Let's make the entertainer be the entertained, shall we?" Frosty throws the shards at Aspen's feet. "Dance, Dreamer Boy, dance!"

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Call me Nyclone, young Nightopian, and that shock was hit to where it would awaken her." He said to the Nightopian. "I'm not going to chase you," Nyclone then adressed Lydia, with a chuckle. "I'm going to help you, help you avoid Wizeman, help you keep your Ideya, and help you overcome your Nightmares." He gave his speech, hoping to knock some sense into her, and start an adventure.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"I-I want to come home," Lydia said, her voice quavering. "Please. I'm scared, and..."
She looked around at the valley.
"It's so beautiful...but it's all going to burn...all of it...and f-fall away..."

---

"What the- Aah!" Aspen staggered back, barely missing having his foot impaled. He was left no other choice than to scramble out of the way of the flying shards. "Hey! Ow! Quit it!"

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"It's not going to burn, if you don't want it to. And, sadly, the ironic thing is, you are at home, So while you're in here, let's make the best of it." He said back, trying to ease her nerves.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
As Aspen scrambles away, Frosty smirks, letting him run away.
A sudden dead, almost puppet-like look flashes through Frosty's eyes. The Second Replicate. The replicate touches his ear, almost as if it where turning on a Bluetooth phone. 'The target is entering the ambush zone. Also be advised that NiGHTS is somewhere within the area.'
'Noted. Get in position.'

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The battle had lasted long enough. It was time to end Frostbite's fun.

The wind took on a dark hue, picking up into a fierce gale in Aspen's Nightopia. All of Frostbite's Replicates were slowed to a halt.

"Frostbite. I think it wise for you to run," said a voice from above. The Black Wind, a Dreamer familiar to Owl and Nyclone, who once housed the spirit of NiGHTS within his own, floated down to the ground in front of Aspen. He already had his Magun thawed. The dark wind that surrounded him was a new power he could only use in his dreams. It was really only for show, but it worked on pathetically weak enemies.

"Let's play good guy and bad guy, Nightmaren," the Black Wind said calmly to the real Frostbite.

"You're the bad guy. And when you're the bad guy, YOU JUST RUN."

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
The real Frosty smirks, calmly walking out of a clearing further up. He calmly stares down the barrel of the Magnun, smirking. Suddenly, both of Frosty's replicates jump out of the forest on either side of The Black Wind.
"You should know better than to interrupt a sadistic cat when he's messing with people's minds." The real Frosty says, crossing his arms. "Especially when I out-number you three to one." A sudden blur surrounds Frosty and his replicates for a flash of a second. If The Black Wind had noticed it, it would be pretty easy for him to guess what had happened. They had switched places.
The Frosty in front of him shoves his arm down the Magnun's barrel. It was clearly one of the two replicates. "Now, are you really crazy enough to shoot like this, what with some guy's arm plugging up your barrel? Some guy who, might I add, has two friends right behind you, ready to inflict some serious pain?"

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Knowing that the Magun was a stronger weapon than that, the Black Wind only began his Soil triad.

"I've chosen the Soil for the likes of you," he hissed. He pulled a bullet from his belt and flipped it like a coin. It landed perfectly into the Magun.

"The flaming hot fang! Cardinal Red!"

He pulled another Soil bullet from his belt and thrust it into the Magun.

"The deep blood of the hurricane! Dark Crimson!"

Finally, he slammed his hand onto his belt, causing the third Soil bullet to rise up from it and land perfectly into the Magun, finishing the triad.

"And finally, the strength of steel! Burnt Sienna!"

The Magun began to heat up and vibrate, melting the replicate's arm away. The Black Wind smirked; his Summoned Creature would end this quickly.

"Burn them all! I summon you! IFRIT!!" And he fired.

The three blasts of light merged, forming a great demon of fire. Ifrit would continue to blast Frostbite and all his replicates away. No power of ice could get the better of this Summoned Creature.

"Game over, Nightmaren," said the Black Wind softly as Ifrit's Hellfire killed Frostbite. He then turned to Aspen, his Magun returning to its barrel form.

"Are you all right?"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frostbite spits blood at the back of The Black Wind's head as Ifrit disappears, and his replicates shatter, reassimilating in their inactive crystal form. "Oi! You! Macho! I don't know who the h*ll you think you are, but you don't just come in and start causing trouble on an 'End-of-the-World' scale!!" Frosty suddenly calms down, smirking as the replicates very slowly begin to heal his wounds. "That's Wizeman's job."

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
"I've overcome Wizeman before, and I can do it again. Unlike this Dreamer, I hold all five of my Ideya," the Black Wind warned. "Now go back to your dumb crystal and stay there. If I see you again, I'll use a different Summoned Creature and make sure you can't be recreated."

The Black Wind turned back to Aspen, asking again, "Are you all right?"

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Aspen was as still as a statue, staring numbly at the events that had transpired.

---

Lydia went to say something-

- and then a sulfur-yellow claw laid itself on her shoulder.
"Or, you could ditch this reject, and come with me, instead..."

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"For your sake, you might want to back away from the Dreamer, Jac...Re...what was your name again?" Nyclone asked.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
"NiGHTS," the Black Wind called. NiGHTS dropped down from above, right on cue.

"Your performance was excellent, as usual," NiGHTS remarked.

"That was a rather weak character for a First-Level. Anyway, we have a new Dreamer, and I think I've shocked him a bit too much. Maybe you should dualize with him and try to bring him out of it?"

NiGHTS nodded and tapped Aspen on the shoulder, dualizing with him. NiGHTS and Aspen would then be able to share their memories at will (one of NiGHTS' new abilities tied to dualization), and NiGHTS could make sure Aspen was all right.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frosty stares coldly at the Black Wind, trying to figure out what the h*ll was up with him.
'He says he has all five of his Ideya, so he's a Dreamer. Obviously Lucid and aware of the power he can unlock. If I decide to take him out, I'd best do it soon, while his gun is in that inactive state... No, actually, he interests me, even if he isn't aware of the concept of fair play. ... Of course, since when have Nightmaren ever played fair? Hmm... I'll keep an eye on him, and a gun behind my back, with this one.'

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The Black Wind sensed another Dreamer in danger. "Nyclone, we need to go to Canvas Valley."

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
'I'm already there trying to comfort the Dreamer. There's a Nightmaren trying to hurt her.' Nyclone thought back.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
"Is the Nightmaren an elemental?" the Black Wind thought back, making his way to Canvas Valley.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
'To tell truth, I'm not sure. I can't remember if this is Reala or Jackle. Might want to hurry, as it can still drain Ideya, regardless.' Nyclone thought back.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
The Black Wind finally made it to Canvas Valley and noticed the Nightmaren. He began a new Soil triad after thawing his Magun.

"The light that dictates the time of eternity! Luminous Silver!
The darkness that dictates the time of destruction! Demolition Black!
The moment that dictates the time of extinction! Steel Gray!
Pierce through! Summoned Creature! ODIN!"

He fired, and Odin was formed from the trinity of light. His lance pierced through the Nightmaren's chest where a heart would be, stopping it from stealing any Ideya.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
"Nice move, Kuori!" Nyclone yelled over the Nightmaren screams, but when the smoke cleared, Kuori had vanished, and in his place a siple note. Nyclone picked it up and began reading it. "Sorry I had to go so soon, but this is my goodbye." Nyclone read, begining to tear up. He placed it in his crystal, and glared at the Nightmaren trembling over being shot by Odin, but his eyes were litteraly plasma pearls. "My friend just dissapeared, and I'm holding you responsible." Nyclone said in a very seious manner.

MSDEViN92

MSDEViN92

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
"The name is Reala," Reala replied flatly, glaring at Nyclone. "And I think the Visitor is coming with me."

"Wh-What do you mean?" Lydia whispered.

"I mean...I'm taking you to a safe place, kid. Look at this goof." He gestured to Nyclone. "With all those stories about nightmares and such, trying to scare you. I'll take you to a fun place, where you can relax, live free...Would you like that?"

"...Yes..."

---

Aspen, unsure of what had just transpired, sank down to the ground again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users