Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiD.Com meetup

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I opened up collaberation. Please don't vandalise it. Google Maps has won over my trust when I turned on "Places of Interest" and selected "Lodgings" and suddenly I could see all the hotels around the country, so say there was a meet in a part of bournemouth (Like the demo marker I put), turn it on and I could see places to stay which'd be handy if I was coming from far away.

So yeah, handy hint there.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Um... I thought you were going to go with the more secure email thing, but okay. ^^;

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Yeah, I'm torn between making it open and easier to use and trying to keep random vandals out, for now I'm gonan trust that nobody wants to vandalise it. It's not in the public listings, so the only link so far is this thread.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Meeting up sounds like a great ideya! ^_^ But I would be to scared to do it myself... I don't get out much and I'm afraid of meeting and being around others. >.<

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
AAAHH. I'm offline for one day and this happens. I want in on this too! D: *hops on the bandwagon*

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Added myself and Anime Boston (two weeks!). I like where this is going on Pyrii's google maps idea. Keep it up!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
:D Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE (;) Go Dreamer @ Mar 6 2008, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meeting up sounds like a great ideya! :D But I would be to scared to do it myself... I don't get out much and I'm afraid of meeting and being around others. >.<[/quote]
Me too (as I've said before, but I wanna say it again to say 'you be not alone')! ^-^

*sticks a tack on the town she lives in* I didn't zoom in any further to avoid my perfectionistic temptation of sticking the tack exactly where I live. XDDD I was surprised I could zoom in that far before I did that, though. O-O;

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Lol even if you guys knew our current address you still wouldnt be able to figure out wtf the front door is (it took us a while and we live there) XD;

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
XD! But that's probably a more reliable source.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Me too (as I've said before, but I wanna say it again to say 'you be not alone')! ^-^

^.^

I think I'll stick a pin on the map... just for references!.. If it's ok........ Oh god I hope I don't mess this up! O.o;

EDIT: Kay! It looks like I did it right! ^_^

Pikmingirl

Pikmingirl

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:8D I love video games, art, anime, drawing, video games, art, video gam-*asplodes*
There should be one in Anime Boston, I hear some other people also talking about it around here. X3 I might be going if I do have enough money to go, on the Saturday event! :3 It's a 4 hour drive. xD But this is for my Jackle cosplay, yay~! *Is too impatient to wait for AnimeNEXT in my state* :T

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Huh? I get buried in work and drop even life to dig myself back out and then something like this comes up? Damn, that manager and 75% of my professors! A NiD.com meeting sounds good although like you guys said, it's a problem with getting everyone together (and finding a convention center or something big enough for such an occasion). Either way, I guess I'll probably see some of you at Anime Boston...

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
Righty, I just added myself and all the London Expos and the Telford Expo~ If UK peeps have toruble going to cons because of costs these things are grrrreat and super cheap - the biggest expense is getting there. Telford is only running for one day this year and it's right in the middle of the country so it's nice for a day trip. :3

I might make sense for there to be a separate thread for people to note down what cons/events they are attending so everyone knows who to look out for and where.

Me and some other people online are all booking a cottage in the lakes through http://www.cumbrian-cottages.co.uk/ and we're staying there for a week... it's working out really cheap! About £85 for the whole week each - you have to budget for food, toilet roll, etc etc but that'd be another £50 at the very very most, which still makes it one lovely cheap holiday. Throw in a Wii and a DVD player and game of Twister and you're set. XD If a few people were up for something like that it's totally possible~

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Seriously, I would love to meet up with anyone. Trippy I would kill for ya to shake your hand. Anyways, unless someone wants to come to the nickel capitol of the world in Canada, I kinda am out of the question to meet up :(.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I've myself on as a maybe-interested thing, but bear in mind I put mine there because it was very close to where I live; not to say I don't trust /you/ guys with the location, buuut my parents wouldn't be very happy if I told them I'd put the precise location. They're a little nervous about things such as these.

But anyway, I know I'm young but I'd still be interested in meeting up sometime in 2009. This is just seeing who's interested, right~? It seems like such an amazing idea.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Only thing I'd say to Wildflowa is the fact that there are more than 900 people here, and some of us are in the states. But still, Somebody's finally said Canada!

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Me and Josse can have our very own convention in her living room! ;D

Just as a reminder Nyclone, this is going to be several seperate meetings. We might be 900 members, but 1) we come from all over the world and 2) not all of us are active or for that matter interested in a meet-up. So... I think Wyldflowa meant the people in the UK when she made her suggestion.

Carry on.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
I'd love to go to a UK meet up, but it'd depend how far away it is. If I have to travel for too long I'll fall asleep standing up (quite an amusing sight, yes, but most difficult to deal with XD). So for me, anywhere further than London (from Kent), or too far from train stations, is really awkward for me to get to, both time and expense-wise.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
This would probably never work out for me but meeting all of you guys would feel cool but I'd be a shy little bitch like I tend to be and stay in the back of the crowd looking all moody and crap.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
If folks want to meet in the northeast of the USA this could be fun. I may be new but I like social interactions? Let us see if I can wiggle my way into the "core member-base"! I can be fun to hang out with and am sure to enjoy seeing other NiGHTS-fanatics in the real world, I think?

However I do not really know the primary age group of this forum and if most people are younger than 18 I would feel like a pretty big creepxor and not want to? I would rather not hang out with little'uns! (Just saying?)
But yes, this summer I intend to get a car and a job which should grant me considerable mobility.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

If folks want to meet in the northeast of the USA this could be fun. I may be new but I like social interactions? Let us see if I can wiggle my way into the "core member-base"! I can be fun to hang out with and am sure to enjoy seeing other NiGHTS-fanatics in the real world, I think?

However I do not really know the primary age group of this forum and if most people are younger than 18 I would feel like a pretty big creepxor and not want to? I would rather not hang out with little'uns! (Just saying?)
But yes, this summer I intend to get a car and a job which should grant me considerable mobility.

This summer I'll be 18 if that makes you feel better lol.

Nightingale

Nightingale

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
I... have no Google account. So just kind of imagine a pin sticking in northeastern Colorado...? |D The ONLY MIDWESTERN NiGHTS FAN.

This sounds like a very fun idea, if a bit complex (how would the videocast thing work, unless the meeting was at someone's house? I have no ideas at all but it looks like there'll be a while to think of some), and I definitely want to meet you guys in person. And iLL, we can be shy together. XD

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

This summer I'll be 18 if that makes you feel better lol.

And I'm already 20. ^-^;

You can create a Google account; you just have to... erm... click something on that page. XPPPP *smacks herself for forgetting where it is and what it's called* That's what I did. ^-^

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach
Now up on the map.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Got it, Icachan. I for some reason despise the Idea of making several meetups across the globe...

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Well we kinda have to Nyclone, because, you know, some of us don't have oodles of money to fly/drive everywhere we want (in my case, even within my own state). >>; *is hungry* I should go eat breakfast before I bite someone's head off... provided I haven't already. ^^;;;;

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Well we kinda have to Nyclone, because, you know, some of us don't have oodles of money to fly/drive everywhere we want (in my case, even within my own state). >>; *is hungry* I should go eat breakfast before I bite someone's head off... provided I haven't already. ^^;;;;

Touché

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
If we meet anywhere, I say we should have a BIG potluck.

That way, it wouldn't cost as much to bring food and we could try different foods from different parts of the world! =3

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
..... *points @ post above iLLViLLAiN, especially the portion they bolded in quoting it* We. Can't. All. Meet. In. The. Same. Place. D: *noms on chair* If you meant 'region' or even 'country' when you said 'world', however, then apologies for being so harsh. XPPPP

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach

That way, it wouldn't cost as much to bring food and we could try different foods from different parts of the world! =3

I'll bring creole for wherever the closest meet up is to me.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

New England Clam Chowder anyone? :D

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

..... *points @ post above iLLViLLAiN, especially the portion they bolded in quoting it* We. Can't. All. Meet. In. The. Same. Place. D: *noms on chair* If you meant 'region' or even 'country' when you said 'world', however, then apologies for being so harsh. XPPPP

You just had to put me out there like that didn't you lol it's cool. I'm kinda having an awkward time grasping the whole concept.

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD

... I think Wyldflowa meant the people in the UK when she made her suggestion.

Yeah I did~ I'm in no way insinuating everyone jump on a plane and cart themselves over to our rainy island~ XD Just that if UK peeps wanted a bit of a meet the middle of the country is a good compromise for most of us and we can stay in some nice accomodation for cheap~ If people wanted to come from father afeild then they're totally welcome. :D I think a full meet up would be unlikely... the only way I can see that happening is at one of the huge US cons or something. It's just logically... we're such a wonderful diverse global community, it'll be hard, if not impossible, for every active person here to meet up in one place.

I mean, this is still all very up in the air - it could be a good year before anything is set in stone - so it might be good for people to put some cash away? I think I might~ X3

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I'm wondering, considering we have some quite young people here, that a meeting at a public event might be a better place for a meet, and regular attendance to public events means new people could join us. And that way, it's safer, they can bring a friend, it's in public so they can walk away if they're worried. And that way they can meet people before attending a more private get-together with them.

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Yay NE-USA meetup! <3 *20yrsold* But I'll be 21 by Summer09. I may be old, but I'm very short and youthful-looking! =D

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
I um... don't know how to put a pointer around my town. *Dies a little*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I think you click on 'edit' at the left there, then you click on the actual maps icons at the top (the little blue marker).

I'm not entirely sure if MY one worked XD; so good luck

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

MY NAME ISN'T A FREAKING VERB!!! And I meant that some of us want to meet other people in other countries NOT over the net.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

MY NAME ISN'T A FREAKING VERB!!! And I meant that some of us want to meet other people in other countries NOT over the net.

..... I didn't mean for it to be a verb; I was referring to you by name. Oo; Did I forget a comma or something?

And yes, it would be very nice to meet people from other countries in person, but as things stand, nobody is able to afford to fly off to the USA on a whim. Yes, I know it's not exactly a whim, but it's not quite important enough to put oneself in financial straights, either. I know you probably don't mean for people to come to the USA if they can't really afford to, but I just wanted to say that just in case you actually expect people to show up from outside the country. XPPPP *is overly cautious*

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I never meant in the states, but somewhere where we can all get to most affordably. We could do a fundraiser. OMG I'm turning into a teacher!!! Get me a magazine and Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users