Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
More on Seth- http://kotaku.com/50...seth-the-baddie

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
After seeing those screenshots, there is no doubt in my mind that he's based off of the same stuff that Gil and Urien are in Street Fighter 3.
It seems Capcom are making a proper sequel to Street Fighter 2 yet at the same time making a prequel to Street Fighter 3's different storyline. Which is good. I'm liking this even more for sure now.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

After seeing those screenshots, there is no doubt in my mind that he's based off of the same stuff that Gil and Urien are in Street Fighter 3.

No kidding. I still would have preferred Urien, but if they're making a new guy for story purposes, it's understandable. Just please, please, please Capcom, give Seth the Aegis Reflector!

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
So RX can beast all over everyone again, just like in 3s? xD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

So RX can beast all over everyone again, just like in 3s? xD

No, so I can beast all over everyone again, just like in 3rd Strike. :(

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Awwwww..... Very clever, I see what you did there!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
YOU can be a spectator!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/20...reet_fighter_iv

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
OMG! That's a cool competition!! I'm entering!! :P

Also, a link to the actual article here - funkiness!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I don't usually take photos of my face, but I HAVE to enter this.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Latest news to come out from the Street Fighter IV game - Ryu and Kens master Gouken is apparently in it. The animated video came up on GameTrailers and at the end it shows Gouken dragon punching a waterfall. The wikipedia article on SFIV has more information on it as someone from the development team commented on the trailer and Gouken.

So....wtf?
...no seriously....how the hell is that going to happen if Akuma sent Gouken to hell as well?

M.Bison got sent to hell by Akuma. Gouken got sent to hell by Akuma. And apparently both of these characters are in the game?

Maybe Akuma is not all he's cracked up to be or something.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm, Gouken eh? I see..

I guess the storyline be damned. It's not as if SF's run on a strict continuity as it were.. That or they're 'on loan'.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I saw that animated video. The ending certainly seems to hint at something, but I really hope Gouken doesn't appear in Street Fighter IV. Gouken's death was a huge event in the series canon. It was certainly the biggest event in Ken and Ryu's side of the story. Bringing him back would really cheapen that. Gen surviving the Shun Goku Satsu was badass since he was just that good and I can look the other way with Bison since he's pretty much the Sigma of Street Fighter, but saying Gouken survived it too? That's like bringing Uncle Ben back from the dead.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
<a href="http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19782" target="_blank">http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19782</a>

That was awesome. Just needs subtitles. EDIT: SUBBED VERSION : http://www.gametrail...ayer/35814.html

I dunno, until we see gameplay he's not necessarily in-game. But he could just finally be unlockable or something. Or Hell sends him out to take Akuma back with him, dun dun dun (yeah, SF is pulling a Spawn now). Dunno..

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
A new trailer from E3 sorta demonstrating this new focus system as well as EX specials and ultras.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36491.html

It's interesting to be sure. I still can't tell how the Focus mechanics work but it looks an awful lot like the parry system from where I'm standing.

If nothing else, this game just looks prettier and prettier with every new trailer. Those ink splashes are just too cool.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Little update on this. Both Dan and Fei Long have been confirmed for the 360, PS3 and PC versions of the game. Well, that's what Wikipedia just told me anyways.

Guess that means they're gonna put in a few more characters before it's release. Good good. Keep on bringing 'em, Capcom.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Well, I know Capcom is once again looking for fan input and are having a poll on who people want as exclusive characters and both Dan and Fei-Long are among the options.

Vote for New Street Fighter IV Characters

Voted Dan personally because he's the best joke character ever and I want to see him in 3-D. I was really close to voting Sakura though.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
....ooooooo NUTS! They're making us choose? T_T Can't they put them all in? I'm torn between Cammy and Ibuki, man. Hang on, Hugo's on the list? Does that mean Poison will probably turn up too if he's in it? Damn, now i'm torn between those three.

Dan and Fei have already been confirmed though...i swear. So what's that about? o.o?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hey, lookie what I just found!

Fei-Long and Dan confirmed

It's weird though. Putting new characters in a game is kind of a big deal. I imagine it would take time to set this in stone and yet it's in such close proximity to this poll starting. Either Capcom works really fast or I'm completely clueless as to what if anything the poll is trying to accomplish. :huh:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
They were confirmed on July the 18th if i'm not mistaken and this poll was put up 4 days before that. Nah, there's no way they would have had it all done in 4 days.

Here's hoping they're just messing around and they're putting ALL those characters into it, lol.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I hope they do put them all in, I wanna see Sakura, Cammy and Ibuki in all their SF4 glory <3

Also, i noticed that C Viper and Chun-Li are the only chicks in the Arcade Version.....WTF?!? O_o

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Hey...just out of curiosity, does anybody know who won the competiton to be featured as a background character in the game? I never did hear anything else on that after it happened.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Haven't heard anything yet. However, since I haven't been contacted by Capcom, it's safe to assume it isn't me. ^_^

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
It would be funny if Dan was 2D, Game & Watch style. Considering he's a parody of KoF, it would only make sense considering the next KoF game is 2D.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
New developments, people. And it's quite funky too. Do you remember how in previous Street Fighter games if you wanted to select the same fighter as someone then you would have to pick the same costume but in a different colour? Well not anymore. Now Capcom have introduced alternative costumes to the Street Fighter series.

In the words of Robotnik, get a load of THIS -
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If these images ain't showing then check the whole thread - here.

More costumes will be revealed on Friday, apparently.

Sounds quite nice. :D

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
BLANKA. LOOKS. F**KING. AWESOME.

=D

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Got admit, Chun Li's outfit looks quite swanky. Very swish there, Chunners.

I wonder what the other characters' outfits will look like.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ooh, nice. I don't suppose Chun's Alpha costume is included as well..

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Not sure about that. We'll have to wait and see what Capcom tells us on Friday.

It would be nice if each character had a few costumes to choose from though. However, with the amount or work Capcom are already putting into this i dunno if that will be possible.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

It's a very strong possibility considering the circumstances.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Shame that that feature probably won't be available anywhere but Japan. Damn Japanese arcades. T_T

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
For the costumes I'm sure their going to emulate it in some way for home consoles. Tekken 5: DR had a similar thing going on in arcades and in the PSP and PS3 versions of it you can still customize your characters. You just get money when you win matches and use it.

The cell phone jazz on the other hand...I doubt it.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I hope so. It would be a nice feature if they did that. That way, everybody can be happy. I've noticed some people have been complaining that the alternative costumes look sh!t and that they're not satisified. If this feature is used then they can dress the fighters in whatever they want.

I'm seriously looking forward to this game. Is there still not a solid release date for the home versions yet? I heard somewhere that it's 2009 but i'm not certain now.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Last I saw pre-orders said February '09 for home consoles.. just like with Marvel vs. Capcom 2 I'm sure they'll adapt whatever system they'll use for points for the console versions. Maybe it will be just like MVC2; play the game, get points.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
February '09. Must remember that. Cheers. :)

Anyways, new developments again today. It seems Capcom showed off another promo trailer to a bunch of journalists and Cammy is in the video so she's pretty much confirmed too. The rest of us are going to have to wait for the video to become available. Though i can tell you from what i have read, in the video Cammy is having flash backs and there's a scene where she is wearing her old Alpha costume and throws off her jacket.

In other news relating to SFIV, some alternative costumes became available today for Japanese mobile phone users who have signed up to that Capcom acount thingy.
So far all i've read is that -

C.Viper's alternative costume looks a little boring. Image can be found here ---> link
Guile's alt. costume see's him wearing Charlies clothes.
Zangiefs 'apparently' dresses up as Hagger from Final Fight.

Bare in mind, this information came from this forum topic here - link
Most of the members in that forum seem to be joking around so i can't figure out what's fact and what's some twit trying to be funny.

Japan is ahead of UK and America so technicaly they must have got those messages sent to their phones not even 12 hours ago. This is pretty early developments. If anybody comes across any news on these alternative costumes (and Cammy for that matter) then be sure to post it.

....actually, going back to the Cammy news for a second. Wasn't Cammy in that voters poll that they held only two odd weeks ago? There's no way in hell they could program Cammy into her own set of clips within the space of the poll going up and the showcasing of the trailer being held.
I think the poll was pretty pointless in that case.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Yeah, it's looking like that poll was just so Capcom could see how close they were to picking fan favorites. Now I'm just crossing my fingers for Sakura and I'll be golden with the roster. However, why oh why does nobody ever seem to remember Rolento?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, Rolento. He was cool, i liked him. I prefered Guy from the Final Fight cast though...but then again i would wouldn't i, lol. XD

ANYWAYS, it finally leaked. Get a load of this this (wait until half way through the video for the animated section to come on) -
Latest animated footage of SF4

This is the stuff dreams are made of. And CAMMY! Wahoo. Delta Red costume and everything.

This game is kicking SO MUCH ass right now. I'm loving the hype on this game. God bless you Capcom, you sexy people you.

--edit--
yeah, the idiots infront of the camera really need to sit the f*** down already.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Capcom's doing a really good job at breathing life back into the franchise, putting the love into SF4. All the animated segments and fan involvement that's been going on has been pretty awesome.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Akuma is in it. He looks quite badass too!
Click here for article

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Well, after EVO, people have been talking about the characters on SRK. Blanka, Bison, Gief, Rufus, Ryu, Sagat, and Abel are around the best characters in the game right now. And Rufus has a dive kick that can't be blocked low and can be done 2 inches off the ground, Magneto style.

And they say the game is fun also.
Thumbs up solider! - Captain America

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
w00t, Akuma was only a matter of time. Wow, I hadn't been to the gamesite yet. Sweet. http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/ac1.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users