Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Super Street Fighter IV Discussion

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
The newest chapter in the most legendary fighting game series of all time is finally here! Discuss..

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/stre...riv/images.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/stre...riv/images.html</a>

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
"404," quipped the server.

Your link got cut off. But I found it. It's looking very impressive.

What would be a cool thing, I think, would be if you could save a replay of a fight, then have have the game do a non real time render of the fight in the same style as the trailer.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I'm ecstatic for this game. Words simply can't convey what I feel right now. I'm just crossing my fingers that we'll get some characters from Alpha and 3rd Strike. C'mon Capcom, give us more Rolento. I think his time has come again.

Oh, and here are some images courtesy of Famitsu.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I'm just hoping for a grown-up Sakura.. she'll be in her twenties now, so I'm curious to see how they design her!
I'm also kind of curious about how complicated the Revenge Meter dealy is going to be... with it, it means you'll have to keep track of your health, stun, super and revenge bar in matches... that's kind of a lot of stuff to watch.
Still, Sai is a complete Street Fighter nut, so he can't wait! XD

I'm just hoping they're not setting this in an alternate timeline to SF3 as has been hinted at... hate it when they do that. It would allow them to put in the SF3 characters that hadn't met the previous characters until that game without inconsistancies in the story... but still.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
*looks at Famitsu images*

Ah I see they're showing us full gameplay screens with meters too..

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/17542
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/17540
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/17543
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/17544

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I can not wait for this game. I just hate how people call it ugly when I think it looks great, especially for a game that hasn't even been finished.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Great videos. For a game that's just barely in development, I'm impressed at what Capcom has already managed to put together. And to think, they still need to do so much more. I have to admit though, I find Abel's design unimpressive. He kind of looks like Roy Batty with steroids and a stupid outfit. I'll forgive that if his fighting style is good, but I'm hoping any future newcomers will be closer to the good standard set by Viper, who I like already.

Other than that, it's nice to see the game avoiding the problems that made the last Street Fighter 3-D outing such a disaster.

-Edit- And now we have a rough release date for Japan. Thank goodness Capcom is releasing an arcade edition first.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Anyone else noticed that C. Viper is basically Girl Captain Commando?

I did because Captain Commando is my second favorite character from MvC (Jin is my fav).

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
New fat guy, Rufus

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
sh!t character.

Being honest, all these new characters seem really dull compared to the kind of character designs Capcom would come up with for the Alpha/Zero and 3/Third-Strike series. Not too happy with Rufus at all. They could have come up with something so much better than that. Ah well, at least it's got all the old cast in there. I'm happy with that. The game still looks sexy, though.

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
From the last picture that I saw, Boxer looks like a man-pig or something. xD
It also looks like they put a lot more effort into Claw than anyone else.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

sh!t character.

Being honest, all these new characters seem really dull compared to the kind of character designs Capcom would come up with for the Alpha/Zero and 3/Third-Strike series. Not too happy with Rufus at all. They could have come up with something so much better than that. Ah well, at least it's got all the old cast in there. I'm happy with that. The game still looks sexy, though.

I mostly agree. The only new guy I like, and I like him a lot, is El Fuerte. Two big reasons why. I love me some lucha libre and it's about time Street Fighter got a proper luchador. That, and El Fuerte's gameplay looks awesome.

I'm really miffed that these guys seem to be totally ignoring the Alpha and SF3 characters for whatever stupid reason.

Guy 1 - Hey, why not add a kung-fu guy to the roster?
Guy 2 - Great idea. How about Gen?
Guy 1 - No, he's supposed to be dead by now.
Guy 2 - Fair enough, how about Fei-Long?
Guy 1 - Naw, the Bruce Lee homage has been done to death.
Guy 2 - What about Yun? He seems pretty popular with fans.
Guy 1 - Wait! I got it! Let's make a brand new character.

And prestodigimagic, we get some biker looking, kung-fu, fat ass, Majin-Buu wannabe. What the hell? Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited about this game. I just wish it didn't look like it was relying so much on its SF2 pedigree, because until we see more of this new focus attack system, SF4 is just looking like a 3D Super Turbo.

Oh well. King of Fighters XII is looking gorgeous at least.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
They seem way too reluctant to add anyone from SF III. And as for Gen being dead, that hasn't stopped them yet. M. Bison is alive and kicking, in spite of having his soul eradicated be demons, thanks to Akuma. I think it's funny how the character designs from the animated Street Fighter 2 movie have completely replaced the original designs.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

They seem way too reluctant to add anyone from SF III. And as for Gen being dead, that hasn't stopped them yet. M. Bison is alive and kicking, in spite of having his soul eradicated be demons, thanks to Akuma.

Yeah. I'm glad Bison (dictator) is back since he's usually one of my primary characters, but that doesn't mean I didn't raise an eyebrow when I saw him on the roster. Having your soul personally delivered to Hell sounded like a pretty solid demise to me. Obviously getting blown up in Alpha 3 didn't stop him. Wait just a minute. An evil person with an awesome jawline and wicked smile who just doesn't seem to want to die? Could it be?

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's a conspiracy!!!

Seriously, Capcom just doesn't know how to keep people dead. :)

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I'm guessing that Bison won't relate to the games story, where he'll be selectable, but won't appear in the single player ladder.

And Bison's story reminds me more of this guy:
Posted Image
who climbs out of hades on more than one occasion. And didn't Capcom finally kill Sigma?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I think what would have been a good idea would have been to have Bison as a secret character only. Like, no story, just selectable for people who used to play as him. I think his story should remain as Akuma killing him. There really is no coming back from that otherwise it will make Akuma look more....i dunno....weak? Either way, unless they make a game that is set after Street Fighter 3, we all know M. Bison ends up fully dead in the long run.

I know this sounds stupid and we know it won't happen, but i really wanna see all the other street fighter cast in this. To see the old Alpha crew with these graphics worked on them...man...that would own. None of this "Rufus" pish.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
RAINBOW MIKA PLZ >O<

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, see. Imagine her in this day and age with those kinda graphics. She'll be bouncing it all over the shop, lol. XD

Maybe if this style of Street Fighter is successful they may bring back some of the old cast....even though, as we have gathered, characters like Gen are indeed dead.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Babyspice with muscles <3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
...lol, and something like THAT gets a "<3" ??? Baby, we need to talk. I'm worried where this relationship is taking me. D:

But, yeh. I'd love to see Guy in something like this. Bushin Ninja jumping all over the place.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I just hope these new guys aren't too gimmicky or whatnot.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
As far a returning characters go, these are the ones I want to see most.

Sakura
Rolento
Elena
Alex
Dudley
Skull-O-Mania

Dudley vs Balrog would be epic. And don't forget DiGi, if I make it Auchinawa, you...me...Yang...Urien. It'll be fun!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I with you on that Zero. I've been waiting forever to see Sakura in 4. Not that I play with her it's just that she completes the game for me.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Capcom 'officially' confirms PS3, 360, and PC ports later in the year, plus apparently there's screens of Vega, Bison, Sagat and Balrog now..

http://www.gamepro.c...ticle_id=187708

http://www.gamepro.c...globalid=138681

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Apparently, Fei Long and Dan are scheduled for the console versions too.....which leads me to believe that Cammy has to be up in this one as she was the only one out of the SuperSF2 cast that got a huge fan following in comparison to the others. Fei-Longs fanbase was smaller compared to Cammy's so if Fei's in it then Cammy's most probably gonna be there. Maybe even DeeJay and T Hawk too.

Also, a new boss was revealed. Seth, i think his name is. He looks similar to Street Fighter 3's Gil and Urien in the fact that he has the whole 'almost nude' look going on, lol. I wonder if Capcom are going to attempt to tie in the stories of SF2 and SF3 with this game then?

Link here shows scans from a magazine --> clicky-clicky
The wiki article on Street Fighter 4 explains a bit about it but not that much. I've pretty much covered everything but feel free to go look anyways. :blink:

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
I would be soooooooooo happy if they put Sakura in SF4, she's like my signature character ^^

<3

Snugs

Snugs

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Game would be cooler with SF3 characters. =l
I want my EX Yang Mantis Slashes and Yun's broken SA3 in 3-D.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Seth intrigues me. I too almost immediately noticed how similar he looks to Urien and Gill, especially if you look at the picture for one of his moves. Looks an awful lot like Chariot Tackle doesn't it? This could either be a good or bad thing. On one hand, I might still be able to get my Aegis Reflector on in SF4. On the other hand, this may be the closest we get to a 3rd Strike character. If Seth is an ersatz Illuminati brother, I'll let it slide because Urien was my primary in 3rd Strike, but I don't want to see Capcom making replacements for such charismatic characters like Elena and Alex.

I still hate Rufus so far. He's a Bob rip-off and Tekken 6 isn't even out yet.

Fei-Long will at least give us a proper kung fu guy. Finally, Dan Hibiki! **** yes, Dan ****ing Hibiki!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/19122

http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/19158

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
That second trailer was pure class...even if the voice over was a bit cheesy but i think that made it even more classy, lol. And i love the remixed music of the old stuff. They did real good with that.

I love the way this game is shaping up. It seems Capcom really want this to be everything the Street Fighter fans have wanted. It looks beautiful in every single way...other than that Rufus character. God, he still looks awful.

As for Sakura being in it. I think because of that huge fan following of hers then she could very well be. I get the feeling they're going to give the home console versions a lot of extra content.

I need a 360. Like, now.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
So what about unlockable characters? Akuma? Makoto? Sakura?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I know I've done my fair share of bitching, but it's only because I care about this series I love so much. These trailers really are awesome. I can't wait. Also, did anybody notice that the announcer in the second trailer sounded a lot like the announcer in Capcom vs. SNK 2? That thought made me smile.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

I know I've done my fair share of bitching, but it's only because I care about this series I love so much. These trailers really are awesome. I can't wait. Also, did anybody notice that the announcer in the second trailer sounded a lot like the announcer in Capcom vs. SNK 2? That thought made me smile.

I noticed similarities but this announcer sounds a little different.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
GameStop is offering Art Book with console version pre-order.. man.. I'm not ready yet..

http://www.gamestop.....mc_id=060308nl

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Gamestop's in America. I ain't. No artbooks for me :'(
Ah well, there's always Ebay. Huzzah! :angry:

This Street Fighter 4 news keeps getting better and better. I think it's fair to say i am more excited about this than i was for NiGHTS: JoD, oddly enough.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Maaaaaan, once i get this game and Soul Calibur 4....I'm not coming out of my room for months xD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just a news update on SF4.
It seems that Dan and FeiLong are not actually confirmed for the home versions yet. The art that was featured showing Dan and Fei is the main artist trying out the other characters in the latest style to see how it feels in conjunction to the rest of the game. Apparently there's a whole lot of other characters he's drawn that are not being shown. Nobody is set for the home version yet as they're still deciding the roster but it's evident that they're interested in the SuperSF2 cast.

Also. The home versions are hoping to contain animated endings for each character and the animation is supposed to be made by some big-shot studio that they're keeping secret for now.

click here to read more

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
I don't really care who's in it, all i want is my SAKURA! >o<

*shakes fist at capcom*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Awesome, sounds good to me *at latest news* I guess they might as well not invest so much in the arcade version, you can't hear an ending in an arcade (if you can find one) anyway..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users