Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Four page preview thingie in ONM, mostly stuff we've seen already but there's some pretty new screenshots.

http://i15.photobuck...ic/onmscan1.jpg
http://i15.photobuck...ic/onmscan2.jpg
http://i15.photobuck...ic/onmscan3.jpg
http://i15.photobuck...ic/onmscan4.jpg

(scans are as large as I can make them)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I have been pretty much wanting this to exist for my entire life? I am excited!

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
also, new interview on IGN

http://uk.ds.ign.com...2/852731p1.html

couple of new screenshots in that too XD

Eee gosh, I'm so wanting this game :D

Birdy

Birdy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Video games, drawing things from video games
Does anyone know what kind of RPG this will be? As in turn-based, action (I hope) or something completely different like the Tales Of series?
(sorry if they said, only had time to skim)

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
From the looks of it it'll be either of the generic ATB or TurnBased systems, most likely ATB to allow for faster gameplay, since Bioware said they wanna keep it fast as possible.

New announcement, not taking place yet, but apparently Sega want people to vote on an enemy species name between 3rd and 14th March. Yay fan interaction :lol:

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Voting for the enemy species name is open!

http://www.sonic-cit.../games/888.html

Names available to vote on are:

The Bluchaos
The Crushers
The Darknood
The Dusk
The Gravitus
The Guardian
The Icebo
The Psykore
The Zoah

I picked the Zoah. I have no idea why, but I did XD

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
No matter what comp I use, I can't get into the Sonic City Site! And at the moment, I'm at the library, so I've pretty much ruled out that it's just my comp.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Sonic RPG?! Special Awesome!! ^.^ I'm really looking foward to playing this!! I'm not too familiar with Bioware, but from the sound of it Sonic is in great hands! *goes off to vote for enemy species name*

EDIT: I'm having the same problen as Deraj, I can't get on to Sonic city either! *sobs* >.<

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
They've put up a dummy site apparently ->

http://web.sega-euro...city/index.html

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
GROOVY. I chose the Dusk - sounds all mysterious and sinister. XD Probably the most generic too, but oh well, the vote is cast!

Seriously, it hurts waiting for this game. Is that a good thing? :3

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
The Sonic Stadium posted up new scans from Game Informer and EGM, which mention the return of the Chao Gardens and some talk about the conversation trees.

http://www.tssznews....reens-and-info/

scans of said pages:

http://i15.photobuck...ic/scan0005.jpg
http://i15.photobuck...ic/scan0006.jpg
http://i15.photobuck...ic/scan0007.jpg

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

That's what I was thinking yesterday when I read that the Chao where back. XD
I LOVE the Chao system. In fact, I was playing SA2:B earlier today, messing around with my Chao.
With Bioware doing the Chao System, I can only wonder what they're gonna do with it.
AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD, DS-WII COMPATIBILITY WITH SONIC UNLEASHED, PLEASE!! [/beg]

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
WOAH! I've been hearing about a sonic rpg for some time now and I ruled it off as another Sega screw up (Sega + storyline + Sonic= R.I.P Sonic)... but BIOWARE is making this!? I see a newfound hope for the blue blur. btw this may be abit off topic but is blaze a hated character in the sonic series or something?

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

WOAH! I've been hearing about a sonic rpg for some time now and I ruled it off as another Sega screw up (Sega + storyline + Sonic= R.I.P Sonic)... but BIOWARE is making this!? I see a newfound hope for the blue blur. btw this may be abit off topic but is blaze a hated character in the sonic series or something?

Every character has their fans. I'd like Blaze, except that Sonic seems to have a few too many already.

As for this game? You couldn't make this up. A Sonic RPG from the makers of KOTOR? I'd probably get it, except I have no DS.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Hey you guys the release date is Fall 2007. This video confirms it. Just watch it.

http://www.gametrail...?ref=playerfeat

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I can't open that link.
Well, I CAN, but it's slow, EVEN FOR DIALUP.
Could someone Youtube it while I try to open it in the meantime?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I can't open that link.
Well, I CAN, but it's slow, EVEN FOR DIALUP.
Could someone Youtube it while I try to open it in the meantime?

It'sa here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9OhLzouZ8sk

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things

Hey you guys the release date is Fall 2007. This video confirms it. Just watch it.

Much earlier than anticipated it seems! :D

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
XD

BTW, here's the text from that conversation that went on the screen for about two seconds. Spoiler-y? Probably. AmyxSonic fans will be p*ssed.

Spoiler

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

XD

BTW, here's the text from that conversation that went on the screen for about two seconds. Spoiler-y? Probably. AmyxSonic fans will be p*ssed.

Spoiler

XD What?!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Ya I saw that too to be honest I'm surprised Amy didn't try this earlier (I think we all know whats gonna happen here?)

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Ya I saw that too to be honest I'm surprised Amy didn't try this earlier (I think we all know whats gonna happen here?)

That the new guy's gonna be a villian?

Aroxys

Aroxys

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

"AMY! Get out of my laboritory!"

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

That the new guy's gonna be a villian?

that or more likely Amy's simply
Spoiler

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

that or more likely Amy's simply

Spoiler

Spoiler

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

"AMY! Get out of my laboritory!"

Exactly what I was thinking. XD

Spoiler

Sega wouldn't have that happen. BIOWARE, on the other hand, well... I haven't played any of their games, so to me, they're the wildcard, here. Personally, I think Amy's trying to work the jealousy angle, and there is no Dexter. XD
But, you never know. All we've got to work off of is one screen of conversation. XD

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Spoiler

were talking about AMY remember? lol XD

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
Obviously,
Spoiler

I hope that Rouge isn't useless. She is my favorite character- mainly because of the fact that she's so controversial with her "feminine features" and the fact that she's a thief. (Something about role models for young girls or something.)

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I will admit this one looks like it could be a great game. I have high hope for it and Bioware is one of my favorite developers and I know they will do a good job.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Dammit.... *sobs pathetically* I used to have a DS but it got stolen from me at school.... *Sobs loudly and pathetically, dies in a hole because I won't be able to play this game*

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
That is very unfortunate for you Dailight that it got stolen like that but hope you get one in time for this Sonic game! I kind of know the feeling though as my xbox 360 did not get stolen but it stopped working this week and now I cant play my new games.

As for the game I definetly am looking forward to it a lot and the fact that it is a RPG makes it a must have because I love those kid of games.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
I'm constantly updating my DA journal with any information pertaining to this game if I find it, but I keep forgetting to update here <_<;

Anyway, the most recent bit I found was a video interview thing that was uploaded on Kotaku. It has some in-action gameplay in it.

http://kotaku.com/38...onicles-footage

Unfortunately it's all in French, and I can't understand it, so if anyone could translate what they're saying that'd rock muchly :P

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
*eyes well up with tears again* *runs off crying and screaming* DAMN YOU BIOWARE! DAMN YOU! WHY NOT THE GBASP? HUH?! WHY NOT THE WII? DAAAAMMMMNNN YOOOUUU ALLLLL TOOOO HHEEELLLLL!!!!!

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Sorry DAiLiGHT, But I'm gonna end up rubbing it in again ;_;

New trailer for this game: Sonic Chronicles Trailer

It's in animated comic book style XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Trailer looks nice, actually. I liked that. :D

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

XD

Spoiler

OMG!,can it be?!
Spoiler

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Well, for one, everyone knows that Sonic DOES want Amy, he's just acting immature. Think about it. If you liked a girl when you were younger, you were shy and picked on her. Thus, Sonic runs away from Amy and constantly discourages her from chasing him. HE'S the one playing hard-to-get.

And for two, I hope NiGHTS is a secret party member, or at least makes a cameo in this game. :lol:

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I just hope this game doesn't loose the "Sonic the Hedgehog feel" because of the turn based system... Then again that looks almost unavoidable in this case... Bioware is an impressive company though... hmm, I'm not sure how this will end up...

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
It's more about the characters this time I think. I'm just hoping the characters get padded out to more than just their 2D persona this time. I simply must play it before I judge, oh hurry up november! (when I think it's most likely to be released) :lol:

Also-> http://blogs.sega.co...ist-pr-manager/

nightdreamer

nightdreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Drawing, embrodery, bead crafts, crocheting and sewing.

Fave books: Redwall series by Brian Jaques, Agatha Christie mysteries, some precise mangas and Harry Potter.

Favorite video games: NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Mario Brother Games and most mystery, puzzle and RP games.

I have a DeviantART account under the name ChaotixJewels. It has both Sonic and NiGHTS FanArt and FanFics.
I'm looking forward to this game too. I hope one of the playable characters/characters you can recrute into your team is Espio. He's one of my absolute favorite characters in the Sonic Universe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users