Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nintendo Power Info

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
If that is the case, then maybe I should just order it online... Be really sad though if on scans are up by the time I get it....

I knew these things were hard to find...but this sounds even worse than what I thought.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Ok, as a fellow NiGHTS addict, it's time for me to do what I can here! I'll hit as many stores as I can that are open this late!

*Sprints off to next town*

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Go, Dex-ter- fam-il-y GO! I mean... GO TRAViS!! (Who the hell would remember that..)

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
You know, once I tried finding the Nintendo Power way back when NiGHTS was on the cover. I could not find any NPs.
So, we're just gonna ignore my question from the last post, then.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Go, Dex-ter- fam-il-y GO! I mean... GO TRAViS!! (Who the hell would remember that..)

*Raises hand* How can you not remember.

Anyway, if you guys can't find it I doubt I can. I guess I will work up the courage to talk to this guy I know at my dorms who may actually subscribe to the magazine. I try to avoid him though cause he keeps flirting with me. Would be the funniest way to get NiGHTS info though wouldn't it? Asking a guy who you are not interested in for something...O.O

Actually...crap I don't have art the rest of the week! I bet someone there would have had it. >.<

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
My hero!!--Wait..Why am I still here? ;; Anyways, I'll ask my pal Jordan, I'm sure he gets NP monthly, and I have a scanner, so~>3

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
f*!*ing hell, you guys are certainly determined! XD ...sorry about the language but this is like insane-search-party. Well, at least if JoD ends up sucking the chunkies i know you guys would be willing to storm raid Sega HQ at the drop of a hat. XD

GOOD LUCK, TRAViS !!!

..now i'm off to sleep... if anyone finds this magazine, scan the bloody thing and let's party.
nite nite

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Wait a second... November was the latest issue! There is no NiGHTS! (I always wanted to say that :P) Anyway, We get the next issue, IN NOVEMBER. I think ZiKi fooled us silly.
Linky!
http://nintendopower...BCNuZEt670bMKgV

EDIT: I have the issue, and there is no Jackle anything. Sorry :/

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Wait a second... November was the latest issue! There is no NiGHTS! (I always wanted to say that :P) Anyway, We get the next issue, IN NOVEMBER. I think ZiKi fooled us silly.
Linky!
http://nintendopower.com/home?id=v__4IvKuH...BCNuZEt670bMKgV

EDIT: I have the issue, and there is no Jackle anything. Sorry :/

Wait, is this from your subscription or did you buy this out of the store? Like I said earlier, subscribers get stuff a lot ealier than the rest and Nintendo Power may not have their site updated for the new issues yet.

Also, I just noticed that JOD info was in that issue, which does raise a suspicion to me as to why two issues in a row would have JOD review info in it...

What is going on?

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
I have a Subscription. And no December has come out yet. Like I said, EZEKiAL fooled us.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I have a Subscription. And no December has come out yet. Like I said, EZEKiAL fooled us.

*TwitchTwitchTwitch* Why is it you waited so long to say this? Do you think your mail could be late and your issue hasn't come yet? It does seem rather odd though. Your issue would seem more likely to come around November. I really do hope this is a mistake and someone on the bords didn't actually try to play such a cruel joke on everyone....

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
No issue today, in the mail. And well hehe, I fell for the "Trick" too. I mean...really. I got my November issue in Mid-October. I dont think the December issue would come out in Late October.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Well...what NiGHTS info was in there? According to what I read, there is JOD review in there of some sort. Or is the site I read this off of wrong? Or is it just all info and images we already know and have seen.

Also, since no one seems to be repling to this, I am assuming we are all going to wait for EZiKiAL's defense before losing hope?

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
EZEKiAL's going to endure a long, painful death if this was all a trick. I don't react well to these things. . . *flamingrage*

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Eh... *Ahem*

"According to Sega, the new desert stage represents Will's Feelings of solitude. The amusement park buried in the sand reflects happy memories of Will's father, and the giant beanstalk that rises through the clouds is a subconscious symbol of Will's hidden desire to grow up and escape the desolation he feels. Its all a step with the psychology of Carl Jung, upon which the stage designs are based. Things get more surreal, however. By touching TV sets floating throughout the stage, the level transforms into a lush oasis filled with helpful items. If you miss one though, the level will transform back and Nightmaren will attack you. As the setting changes, So does NiGHTS' flight path. At the end, You will battle Girania. He tries to devour the heroic jester, and you must loop around him, causing the fish to explode into smaller Particles. You must loop the smaller particles to destroy him, before they can reconstruct..."

My poor fingers....That is most of the info, the other was less necessary. :P

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

EZEKiAL's going to endure a long, painful death if this was all a trick. I don't react well to these things. . . *flamingrage*

Hold your horses. Lets stay hopeful. I don't know EZEKiAL like he was my best friend, but I know him fairly well enough to know that he wouldn't do something like this. Then again...I am pretty naive. Lets just wait and see what he says...

EZEKiAL...buddy...you didn't really just pull a prank like this on us did you? :P

---Edit--
Oh yes, I remember that info. But I heard it from other sources. Thank you Wise Kitsune.

*Sigh* I am really bad at judgeing a person's character I suppose...I am still going to wait to see what he says.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Thanks so much for posting that info Wise Kitsune! I don't have NP so this is good news to hear! *hugs*

^_^ He described his NP magazine really detailed like! *giggles* I dont think he pulled a trick! ^_^

*looks around* EZEKiAL where are you?!

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
NO, I didn't pull a trick. The issue of which I speak has Super Smash Bros. on the cover. I have it right here. In FACT, I'ma go get the camera and get you CRAZY people some damned scans already. Jeez, hold your horses.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
- FAILURE -
:P

Tried Wal-Mart and Barnes and Noble (only places open this late). No success. However, B&N claims that it's in transit to the store (West coast: magazine came out yesterday) and should be out by the end of the week over here.

I drove 25 miles looking for just an image of NiGHTS. I'm proud of that fact. ;)

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Harumph. Here you guys go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope next time you THINK before accusing me of things.

There they are. The lizard you can plainly see. Also, yes, I imagine it DOES rain skittles. That fan-looking object he's holding are actually cards.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
High-technical.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

High-technical.

Argh! -dies from SPM reference-

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Weeeeeee!!! Yay SEE guys!....... *looks at second scan* O.O;

GAH!!! *runs behind jak-in-the-box* That Lizard is HORRID!!!!

EDIT: Sorry for my rudeness. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PICS EZEKiAL!!! *hugs*

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
This would have been a little too in depth, if it was a trick, people. I knew he wasn't lying about it. Especially because he bothered to say he had that damned thing in his possession. We'll get some better scans of it a little later on, no need to hang the poor guy.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Yeah! I knew you wouldn't let me down! I had doubts, but I didn't completely lose faith. I am sorry for doubting in the first place. I am a very gullible person so I wasn't sure if I got tricked...again!

I am guessing The Wise Kitsune doesn't have the magazine yet due to the fact that some areas will get it before others. I am not sure where all your locations are or how the shipping works, so I really can't tell you whats going on here.

Ironic there is a glare right on the chameleon. Anyway, I like the new look. I can't wait to see it better. Looks like not all the bosses have the jewel on the head. His seems to be on his tie. Also, are those playing cards or tarot cards?

Thanks again for the images!

---Edit---
Hold up....Vehicle stages? O.o

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
They're playing cards. And you're not missing much. <.< He's not exactly the most...easy to look at 'Maren.
Yeah, vehicle stages. Do NOT ask. <.< NiGHTS in a H3?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

They're playing cards. And you're not missing much. <.< He's not exactly the most...easy to look at 'Maren.
Yeah, vehicle stages. Do NOT ask. <.< NiGHTS in a H3?

Actually I like his look a lot. I don't think he is that bad looking at all. Reptiles are cute! Just look at that green skin and pudgy eyes! *Pokes his eyes* Course...I don't think they want me thinking of it as cute. Its not better than Jackle, but he is not bad either.

What is a H3?

---Edit--
Also, when I say 'cute' I mean cutesy not hot.

Also...did I mention how sorry I was? Again, I am sorry.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
A Hummer.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Overcompensation.

Vehicle stages...I don't like the sound of that to be honest. The vehicle stages in Sonic 360 made me want to just smash my head into a wall until all that was left was a bloody stump for a neck.

All in all though things are looking good! Getting hyped already as if it were 1996 again! I'll probably end up buying more than one copy and never even touching the extra copies just so SEGA can get more of my money and support :P

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
HOORAY SCANS!! I just got back froma crappy day at work and this is just the thing to lift mah Spirits ^.^

Thank you SOOO much EZEKiAL!!!

I, too, am glad this was not just a sinister prank. I think I might have cried if it were.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Sorry I doubted you... It just seemed like a trick because well, you know. Forgive me! Where did you get that issue though? I have a subscription and I havent gotten mine >_<

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Thanks for finally getting a pic in here. Jackle would kick that Chameleon's ass.. yeah, what the hell do they mean by vehicle stages.. morphing?

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Oooh... I have this odd fascination with this new boss now...

And I'm gonna repeat what everyone has said. VEHICLE STAGES?!? o_O;; Does that, um, even fit NiGHTS?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Helen and Will must ride their bicycles at least 50 mph or else Nightopia explodes. Yup.

(It's dreams, so they can go that fast.)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
1 - I think the vehicle stages means NiGHTS morphing, perhaps. A car level in a NiGHTS game would be so out of place it wouldn't be funny, no matter how they try to dress it up.

2 - Ok. I want Jackle back. I have no bloody idea why they left him out in the first place. Honestly. Jackle has as much of a fanbase as Reala, maybe even more so in some areas. This new boss looks crap. The costume is cool but he just looks shyte. Go away and bring back Jackle you friggin' idiot, Iizuka. ¬_¬

3 - I didn't think EZEKiAL was lying. I just found it a bit of an unfortunate issue that of all people to have this rare-ass magazine it was the one person in the forum who ain't got a scanner. But, hey, you made up for it, EZE'. Now let's hush the beef and go back to pointing at this Jackle replacement and wondering what the hell Sega were thinking ._.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Thankyou, EZEKiAL.
Tanks for the trouble of this busy busy world, Purg.

Lizard maaan! ....So this is whos going to kick our butt with cards this time :blink:....I'd rather have my butt kicked by Jackle.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
At least the lizard man looks nothing like Jackle as opposed to Donbalon and Girania who both look somewhat like their respective predecessors. This shows that the lizard man is not Jackle's replacement after all. Just another magician.

Doctor Zhao

Doctor Zhao

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Jesus cake-mating Christ. I came to accept Jackle not being in JoD, but this replacement is just horrible! It doesn't fit the NiGHTS style at all :(

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip