Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nintendo Power Info

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

At least the lizard man looks nothing like Jackle as opposed to Donbalon and Girania who both look somewhat like their respective predecessors. This shows that the lizard man is not Jackle's replacement after all. Just another magician.

However there is the cape and cards. This what makes people think it is Jackle's replacement. But I am glad it doesn't look much like him. Seriously people, look at all the bosses so far. Do you really want to know what they would have done to Jackle if he did come back in the game? The probably would have given him white frillies and covered his bodies in gems for all we know!

I will admit, this boss is not anywhere nearly as good as Jackle. In fact...I think I was high on Vault last night, cause the more I look at this, the more I start to not like it. He isn't a bad design...but he isn't a good maren design. I imagine boss marens to be a bit more creepy than that. When I look at this guy...I want to feed him cat food with a spoon.

What do you mean this is the first thing wrong? The only boss I truly like right now is the fish.

Also, Purg, I would really like your input on what you think of the new boss. You have been saying you don't want to see Jackle back and you want something new and fresh. So now that your wish is here...what do you think?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

However there is the cape and cards. This what makes people think it is Jackle's replacement. But I am glad it doesn't look much like him. Seriously people, look at all the bosses so far. Do you really want to know what they would have done to Jackle if he did come back in the game? The probably would have given him white frillies and covered his bodies in gems for all we know!

I will admit, this boss is not anywhere nearly as good as Jackle. In fact...I think I was high on Vault last night, cause the more I look at this, the more I start to not like it. He isn't a bad design...but he isn't a good maren design. I imagine boss marens to be a bit more creepy than that. When I look at this guy...I want to feed him cat food with a spoon.

What do you mean this is the first thing wrong? The only boss I truly like right now is the fish.

Also, Purg, I would really like your input on what you think of the new boss. You have been saying you don't want to see Jackle back and you want something new and fresh. So now that your wish is here...what do you think?

;)

Yeah I dunno.. Don and Girania have a freakish look about them, but from what we can tell this dude looks a bit too grounded in reality by comparison.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Alright, from what I can see of the outfit I like it, but... I'm sorry, the chameleon looks out of place. Maybe future pics of him will make him look better, but for now I'm not too fond of him.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

:lol:

Yeah I dunno.. Don and Girania have a freakish look about them, but from what we can tell this dude looks a bit too grounded in reality by comparison.

One of my faviorite things to do was to feed my pet lizards. Thats what this boss makes me think of. XD

You are right, the chameleon part of the boss seems a bit too realistic compared to everything else in the game. I couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with him...but I think that is one of the reasons. That and...a chameleon huminoid is kinda...its not creepy...its a bit odd. ;) It also seems a bit too cute for me. Maybe if he had a bit more of a cartoony look and feel to him? I don't know...

Watch the Cerebrus be a three headed poodle. LOL Ok no...Sega isn't that bad.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Tryin to think of little twists.. What if his eyes kinda floated around near his head? Or..glowing swirls on his eyes..

(you reading this Sega guy? ;) )

Doctor Zhao

Doctor Zhao

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY

I missed your post, I hit reply and then went off to do something else. Didn't mean to completely ignore you :3

But as YamiLover said, what with the cards and magician outfit, he is somewhat like Jackle.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

*grumbles* GameStop here didn't have it either.

However! We may have a savior! My buddy TRAViS knows of a place in Durham, NH that sells Nintendo Power. He is currently out trying to get hold of this issue. I don't know that he has a scanner though. I can only hope that he posts the ad in here.

o_o Durham, NH?? I live near there!!

Weird... I wasn't expecting anyone on here to live close to me >_>

Anyway... chameleon-man-guy. Hmm. He definitely has a different design, and doesn't really look very maren-y. I don't have a major beef with him, but I agree he looks a bit out of place.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

At least the lizard man looks nothing like Jackle as opposed to Donbalon and Girania who both look somewhat like their respective predecessors. This shows that the lizard man is not Jackle's replacement after all. Just another magician.

However, the fact he IS a Chameleon, a lizard that is known for it's uncanny ability to camouflage and become "invisible", and the fact that Jackle was indeed Invisible, as well as the cape and cards, seems to show, to me, that this is definately Jackles replacement.

Also, I had a quick swatch at the latest issue of Edge over here, and they also stated that the Fish maren's name is Girania. Other than that though, no real rush to buy it, nothing we havn't heard before.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
;) Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE (:lol: Go Dreamer @ Oct 25 2007, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Weeeeeee!!! Yay SEE guys!....... *looks at second scan* O.O;

GAH!!! *runs behind jak-in-the-box* That Lizard is HORRID!!!![/quote]
I like the lizard! :P

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
The lizard is really weird looking, and doesnt look that good for a Jackle "Redesign". I want the old Jack! ;)

EDIT: NP better hurry up with my issue! T_T And I'm sorry. Again. (I look like a total ASS)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

When I look at this guy...I want to feed him cat food with a spoon.

*cracks up laughing*

I can see that being drawn XD

Oh btw, like i was saying from hanging out with Sega person a couple of weeks back, the Chameleon -IS- a Jackle replacement. There's only 2 'fresh' ideas being the spider and the dog, although i have a funny feeling they too will somehow resemble our old guys we love. Redesigns are cool, but ripoffs make me sad. There was nothing wrong with the old cast. All they had to do was add some patterny moosh and sparkles, keep the old names, it would have been fine. The only way i cheer myself up in this situation is by reminding myself that the symbolism of each boss maren would probably be seen differently from different children from different cultures and so on. So Lizardman™ is still what Jackle was in the first game, and Puffy Donbalon, and so on. Just from different dreams.
But yeah i ramble, i wanted to say the Chameleon boss actualy turns invisible and jumps around his stage in a sort of Predetorish way XD; When my person seen him they at first mistook him for Jackle as he was semi invisible.

He reminds me of Billy Hatcher crow stuff (which isn't bad) (just not very NiGHTSish) They could have done a lot more with a chameleon design. Still the hat wins, i always did want a maren with a tophat.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Lol, Dog Jackle! XD I dont know why, but thinking about that makes me laugh!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

*cracks up laughing*

I can see that being drawn XD

------
But yeah i ramble, i wanted to say the Chameleon boss actualy turns invisible and jumps around his stage in a sort of Predetorish way XD; When my person seen him they at first mistook him for Jackle as he was semi invisible.

I am glad I made you and others laugh. If I see a better pic of this guy or ever get the dang time...maybe I will draw that. But alas...I am in a bit of a stitch right now. Moving on...

Wait...so it is true that he turns invisible? Ok...now I am mad...T_T

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Jackle lizard.....W.....T......F.....

... My cats hunt lizards and leaves the head in the backyard patio everyday. I will think of this lizard when I see one. >:(

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Dear god that lizard is disturbing.

...And yet.... I can't stop laughing.... XD

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
(typing from wii... comp. is busted.)
hmmm... for some reason... i just KNEW he'd have a top hat...
but the fact hes a jackle ripoff (invisibility? wtf.)... no... just NO, Sega... im not sure about the others either... im sorry...

im really not feeling too good about this right now... they're straying too far from the original...

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:well, NiGHTS, of course, but besides that, we got the video games, the techno music, the card magic, and anything that can ammuse the easily ammused. such as the evil golf ball snow globe.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
What happened to Jackle!?!
That /thing/ looks SAD more than manic!
*crawls in corner, wraps in fetal position and cries himself to sleep*

He would be cool hadnt he been trying to replace our favorite psycho ;-;

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Has anyone notised his man boobs? That thing is...dumb. Straight out dumb. I'm insulted. *Jackle groupie-ing*

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I have to say, the new and ...dare I say improved? Jackle is a disappointment. Its not even a twisted nightmarish Chameleon, its just a pimped out regular looking one Chameleon...no pun intended.

If this game is a re-telling of the first, this is a horrible way to explain Jackle's inviable-ness XD

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
NOOOOOOOO!!! JACKLE-KUUUUUN!!! I feel REALLY bad for him now....getting replaced with a freakin' LIZARD that makes crap look pretty....I can just imagine Jackle PWNING this dude SO MANY TIMES!!! The hat, I like....just the dude it's on I don't like. But I can't say I hate him...I mean not even in my dreams have I seen a lizard dressed like a Las Vegas magician with psychadellic threads, I gotta give 'im credit for that. Must.....steal.....HAT!! Ahem, anyways, I don't like the design. It's just not NiGHTS-y enough for me and I bet lots of other people. Well, that's what I gotta say about Lizardini. (I'm a Jackle Groupie myself as you can tell)

The ad made me squeeeeeee with happy! And seeing those Pians also made me squee. WHOOT!! I wonder if trailers have actually been aired yet...my satelite box thing has been busted since June so I wouldn't know.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
If Nintendo Power says it's shaping up wonderfully, it's shaping up wonderfully. Nuff said.
Edit: the Pians look diffrent now that they're not sprites. If they're going to include a Wi-Fi garden, does that mean mechanics from SA2 will return? (IE: animals, chaos drives, metamorphisis, etc)

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
... Why's everyone saying that looks like Jackle O_O?! Except for one or two things, couldn't remind me LESS of Jackle.

Still, this guy reminds me of that person from Rayman 2. The Nightmare Guarder Guy. That tries to eat you at one point. XD!

Speaking of Jackle, and seeing a few people saddened by this, it's a GOOD thing Jackle isn't in JoD imo. Yes, I love him as much as NiGHTS, Reala, and SUSPi, but, I can't imagine WHAT SEGA would do to him T_T.

If Nintendo Power says it's shaping up wonderfully, it's shaping up wonderfully. Nuff said.

Have I ever told you that you are awesome |3?! Exactly what I'm thinking 8D!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Have I ever told you that you are awesome |3?! Exactly what I'm thinking 8D!

That came up when people were complaining about NiGHTS' voice, and I asked if anybody heard an androgynous person speak. BTW, how do we feel about NiGHTS' voice now?
Also, I don't really have the attachment a lot of people have for Jackle, so if he's not in there I won't cry. Really though, I think this is like the case of Gulpwing/Phuckle. Looks like a cross between Jackle and Gillwing to me. I cristen him, Gille.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

That came up when people were complaining about NiGHTS' voice, and I asked if anybody heard an androgynous person speak. BTW, how do we feel about NiGHTS' voice now?
Also, I don't really have the attachment a lot of people have for Jackle, so if he's not in there I won't cry. Really though, I think this is like the case of Gulpwing/Phuckle. Looks like a cross between Jackle and Gillwing to me. I cristen him, Gille.

Oh yeah 8D! I like NiGHTS's new voice 83. Always have X3. Pretty sure everyone here either doesn't care now (thanks to German Male NiGHTS), or grew attatched.

I love Jackle, but not like where I'll go and do lots of fanart of him, or be suicidally depressed if he's not in the game. Just, you know, liking him in general. He was a good boss in the first game, but, honestly, let's just see all the new bosses first.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
The new Jackle looks silly... It doesn't bother me too much though, since I'm not all that partial to Jackle. However, I would certainly have liked to see what SEGA would have done to upgrade him to '07 threads like they did with NiGHTS and Reala.

That 'Pian Garden will be interesting enough to say the least. I will spend much time there raisin' mah 'Pians.

If they're going to include a Wi-Fi garden, does that mean mechanics from SA2 will return? (IE: animals, chaos drives, metamorphisis, etc)

I'm kind of hopeful for that. Though a 'Pian race would be strange. Maybe they'll have different minigames? Or maybe they'll scrap those mechanics and come up with something entirely different, who can say for sure? All I know is that I'm looking forward to this game more and more as the time draws ever nearer.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
*chants "'Pians" over and over again*
Sonic Team got their groove back. They realised, A-Life is the source of all awesomesauce.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Well, I just got this issue, and I actually ran screaming down the street shouting "YES! YES!" and then my mom looked at me weird when I came in the door |3

...And then I hugged the ad, ogled at the Pians, and made my descision on the lizard boss. Sure, he'll never replace Jackle, but the colours are like another (infamous) jester >3, and even though he's a bit realistic, dreams are different in different places.

Actually he reminds me of an odd cross between King Boo, Oogie Boogie, Dimentio, and Francis. o_O;;

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I'm telling y'all. Gilllwing+Jackle=Gille

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
NOOO!!!! Jackle they replaced you!! *runs and glomps him*

This lizard makes me sad. I mean I love reptiles too and his hat is pretty cool but.... He kinda scares me! *sobs* And no Jackle! For me, he is gonna really take some getting use to! >_<

*giggles* And the vehical stage thing gives me more reason to imagine Wizeman driving a go cart! ^_^

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net

Actually he reminds me of an odd cross between King Boo, Oogie Boogie, Dimentio, and Francis. o_O;;

Dimentio was way cooler than man boob lizard over there.
Does he laugh I wonder? Cause that would draw the line. No way he's gonna disgrace Jackle, unless Jackle turned into that thing to annoy us.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...

Does he laugh I wonder? Cause that would draw the line. No way he's gonna disgrace Jackle, unless Jackle turned into that thing to annoy us.

On the bolded: It's the colours not the look. And I agree.
On the italicized: :P You just made me get a fanarts idea.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

That's actually what I thought when I first saw the chameleon dude. He looks like he got lost from a Tim Burton movie and found himself in this NiGHTS game. It's no wonder the lizard man's design seems a little out of place. Maybe... maybe he'll have glowing dice. O_O

3D glasses for JoD confirmed.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

*chuckles* The lizard HAS BOOBS? HA!!!

But seriously I hope that SEGA didn't give him the laugh! T_T

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
B-BOOBS?!? O_O SEGA JUST WENT TOO FAR!

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Magician lizard milk. Now with 80% more lizard.

Spoiler

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
^^^^

Ok, ew.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
What? It goes good with oreos.

Reptilian milk aside, I still stand by it that Mr. Chameleon is not Jackle's replacement. I don't care if they both have cards, that reptile looks nothing like Jackle whatsoever. Even the hat is different. It's a flippin' top hat! Not that killer curly hat Jackle has. The chameleon's methods of deception are also much different than Jackle's from what I have read in the impressions. I don't even think he uses the cards.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I like tophats. Tophats are classy and can also be pronounced toe-fats.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Magician lizard milk. Now with 80% more lizard.

Hahahahahaa! LIZARD MILK??? Ewwwww!! ^o^

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Maybe some don't like him cuz he looks too realistic, even is he is all dressed up in a fun way. Looks like someone's tortured pet. XD

That lizard is pimping like Willy Wonka in clown style, hozaah!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users