Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Uhobi's Content

There have been 94 items by Uhobi (Search limited from 07-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#31992 hello out there

Posted by Uhobi on 24 December 2007 - 08:34 AM in Introduce Yourself

Hi, I'm new here. Stumbled upon the site during a recent Journey of Dreams induced NiGHTS splurge. Been a fan for a while even though I never was able to play the original game. Didn't get into games until 98 and completely missed out on the saturn.

Oh well, here's a little about me. I'm 18, 19 tomorrow (dec 25th baby). I live in Nevada in the US. I work at a game store called Play n Trade. I live at home with my Mom, Dad, and two dogs; Kiyo and Yasu. I play a lot of games and like to make up my own stories and characters. I do a lot of drawing...I think that's about all I can think of right now..

Anyway, nice to meet everyone and I hope for many good experiences around this forum.

#31994 So... You got the game...

Posted by Uhobi on 24 December 2007 - 08:53 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I had it IN MY HANDS because my Dad bought it for me....and then I had to make him return it...because I asked the boyfriend for it...and I didn't want hurt feelings...that was the day it came out

But, on the plus side. Boyfriend stopped over today and let me have it 2 whole days early because we won't see each other again before the big day :P so I got to cheat!

#31996 hello out there

Posted by Uhobi on 24 December 2007 - 09:12 AM in Introduce Yourself

Thanks, I'll do that :P

#32032 hello out there

Posted by Uhobi on 24 December 2007 - 09:36 PM in Introduce Yourself

Awsome, right off the bat people here are really nice. It's refreshing! thanks everyone!

#32037 COMMUNiTY Wii FRiEND CODES

Posted by Uhobi on 24 December 2007 - 10:55 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

JOD code

3823-7225-8910

#32070 Christmas Present for all NiGHTS fans!

Posted by Uhobi on 25 December 2007 - 03:21 AM in Creative Stuff!

very nice. And Merry Christmas to you too.

#32071 COMMUNiTY Wii FRiEND CODES

Posted by Uhobi on 25 December 2007 - 03:23 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

aaannd. everyone has been added. didn't take nearly as long as i thought

#32072 controllers and stances

Posted by Uhobi on 25 December 2007 - 03:28 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Well, earlier today I realized that I have a specific stance while playing JOD.
First of all, I have to sit. And then my arms are crossed the entire time I play. I use the nunchuck in my left hand and the wiimote in my right but i'm holding them on the opposite sides...and my tongue is hanging out.

So, i was curious if anyone else has a specific has a specific "stance" while playing or any other odd habits.

#32074 Encountering Reala...

Posted by Uhobi on 25 December 2007 - 03:35 AM in Dream Discussion

I have yet to actually see Reala in my dreams, but sometimes I wonder if he's behind some of my nightmares. I've had some that were awfully creative....stuff that i figure only someone like him would be able to come up with...

#32164 hello out there

Posted by Uhobi on 26 December 2007 - 03:39 AM in Introduce Yourself

oddly enough, that was a better combo than I usually get. "Meppy Birstmas!" is more what I'm used to...
Thanks

#32165 2P Race

Posted by Uhobi on 26 December 2007 - 03:42 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I'm just shocked by how fast you can rank up. I'm somewhere in the 70's with like 8 wins...

#32228 Exploring with the kids...

Posted by Uhobi on 26 December 2007 - 10:23 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

there are a few missions where you ply only as the kids but most of them you actually start as NiGHTS. the chase missions you start as the kids but have to finish as NiGHTS. there are several different types of levels in this one.

#32232 Uhobi's stuff

Posted by Uhobi on 26 December 2007 - 10:48 PM in Creative Stuff!

Well, first off. I've really only got one good pic. It's of my fanmaren Quez. Named after Quezacotl, the central american "feathered snake" diety.

Posted Image

and yes those are supposed to be feathers, even though they look more like fur...
and my scanner makes me cry...

#32234 Hey, nice to meet u.

Posted by Uhobi on 26 December 2007 - 10:53 PM in Introduce Yourself

Hey there, you and I are in the same boat pretty much. I missed out on the old stuff too.
Either way, welcome and I hope you have a great time.

#32236 Uhobi's stuff

Posted by Uhobi on 26 December 2007 - 10:58 PM in Creative Stuff!

Thanks

#32237 controllers and stances

Posted by Uhobi on 26 December 2007 - 11:07 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

hmm, darn it! I was hoping that I wasn't the only weird one...

#32245 Uhobi's stuff

Posted by Uhobi on 26 December 2007 - 11:49 PM in Creative Stuff!

meh, I can do feathers better but while I was inking it I had a stupid moment and didn't realize it until after.

haha, thanks. the BF made that one(if you look closely burrito is misspelled in one frame)

#32265 NiGHTS RPG

Posted by Uhobi on 27 December 2007 - 01:10 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

oh man. Now i want to make a d20 system for a NiGHTS tabletop...
I make too many of those.

#32276 NiGHTS RPG

Posted by Uhobi on 27 December 2007 - 01:32 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

actually, I might be able to fit it around a d10 system. in fact i think it would work better.

hehe, character classes would be different types of low level maren and if you level up enough you can rank up, or you could be a dreamer and go on quests for ideya.

oooh, we could do two separate factions and use the classic lawful/neutral/chaotic system to classify characters so you could theoretically have renegade maren like NiGHTS and the occasional evil dreamer. This could become epic.

#32415 Uhobi's stuff

Posted by Uhobi on 27 December 2007 - 08:08 PM in Creative Stuff!

thanks all

also, i've got a few oekakis now...

Posted Image
another pic of Quez, now my avatar. this time you can tell they're feathers, yay!

Posted Image
and this one is NiGHTS. first time i've done the old style and my first time using an oekaki.

I've got a pic of NiGHTS JOD style but it's not done yet...

#32418 NiGHTS' Gender

Posted by Uhobi on 27 December 2007 - 08:15 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

well, also (from an in-game standpoint) don't forget that Will and Helen are like 12 or so.. they aren't going to sit there and think "hmmm? he/she/it i don't know" They're just going to use whatever comes to mind. As far as Reala, i think that was just the most obnoxious thing he could think of at the moment. Good boy is more how you would address a dog so I think it was meant to be an insult.

#32501 Paper Mario.

Posted by Uhobi on 28 December 2007 - 03:32 AM in Community Corner

I played the first one on the N64. I enjoyed it. The humor is great and the partner system was really well done. the only thing I'll say against it was that it was really slow moving for a mario game.
Over all though, I thought it was great.

#32515 MediEvil

Posted by Uhobi on 28 December 2007 - 06:41 AM in Community Corner

Always wanted too play, missed out as bad as you did...
It was one of those games that looked over the top and silly to me which in my book means amazing. So while I know very little about it i would still like to play it some day.

#32516 How do you make mepians?

Posted by Uhobi on 28 December 2007 - 06:43 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

You have to do it during the missions. when you drill dash a maren it turns into a ball, if the ball hits a pian it will lay an egg, then you have to paraloop the egg to get it to my dream.

#32623 I'm new... yup.

Posted by Uhobi on 29 December 2007 - 12:50 AM in Introduce Yourself

hey there, hope you have a great time here at the forum