Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paper Mario.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ViXEN

ViXEN

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I like to draw,play video games and listen to music! This is my OC,Kei... Kei:*Waves* Hi! My fanmaren,ViXEN... ViXEN:Hi there!^^ and theres a whole bunch of em' I want to introduce...but I don't think I have enough space. XD<br /><br />My favorite games:NiGHTS,Devil May Cry 1-3,Psychonauts(PS2),Paper Mario:TTYD,Super Paper Mario,Golden Sun,Viewtiful Joe 1&amp;2,Kingdom Hearts 1,CoM and 2,Shadow of the Collossus,Crash Twinsanity/Tag Team Racing,Armored Core,Custom Robo(GC),Pokemon,Phantasy Star Online/Universe,Monster Hunter.
...So yeah, Paper Mario. Personally, I've never played it, but I would love to.

I made this topic to ask things like, "Do you like the game?" "What do you think of it?" and "Would you recommend the game to someone who hasn't played it before?" ...and that last one is an actual question. if you don't mind. if i'm doing something wrong, please let me know.

...I'm just coughing sick and extremely bored...just wanted to make a topic about my recent obcession. XD

*Dissapears in a warp pipe*

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
I played the first one on the N64. I enjoyed it. The humor is great and the partner system was really well done. the only thing I'll say against it was that it was really slow moving for a mario game.
Over all though, I thought it was great.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I have Super Paper Mario for the Wii. But in the tradition of all Mario RPGs. It has good gameplay and tons of comedy and "adult" jokes.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
PAEPOR MAREEO RULEZ!1!!1!

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
I've yet to play the Wii Paper Mario, but Thousand Year Door and the N64 one made me crack up, both had some GREAT bosses.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I never liked Paper Mario because it focused too much on RPG until it got to the wii. I bought SPM and I really loved it. It retains the jokes, humorous bosses, and crazy situations and design, but is more focused on platforming like I would prefer a Mario game to be. the 2d-3d switching is brilliant.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

I've yet to play the Wii Paper Mario, but Thousand Year Door and the N64 one made me crack up, both had some GREAT bosses.

Hoo boy the first boss...

He's a Scottish guy that likes to throw you around. And when he is successful...YOU MUST WATCH HIM DANCE. And lets not forget the "I AM ERROR" with the insult generator.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I wish that Nintendo had said to Square, "If you are going to pull Final Fantasy off of the Ultra 64, then we get all of the rights to Mario RPG." Then we would not have the Paper Mario games, but instead we would have the Mario RPG games. I love the SNES game so much that the N64 and GC games seemed...disappointing. I have never played them though, only the Wii version, which is an excellent, unique and brilliant game mixed in with tons of insider jokes. And that game piqued my interest in the series, so I will pick up the N64 version on the VC and the Thousand-year Door from Gamestop.

So, in a nutshell, I did not like it until this year.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I loved the original, but I could never beat it. I never played the Thousand Year Door, though I wanted to. And Wait. There's one for the Wii? Holy Crap! YAY!

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons &amp; Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
I played some of Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario, and I completed Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Overall, I'd say the series in very good. I found it to be a refreshing change from the other Mario-related games. I'm also a fan of RPGs, so that's a bonus for me. :)

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Played an itty-bit of the N64, then some of the TYD, and practically halfway through Super.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I think Thousand Year Door is the best game released for the cube. Seriously, give it a button to swap team members in the field without going to the menu, and add a few more tracks of music, and it's pretty much PERFECT.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

I wish that Nintendo had said to Square, "If you are going to pull Final Fantasy off of the Ultra 64, then we get all of the rights to Mario RPG." Then we would not have the Paper Mario games, but instead we would have the Mario RPG games. I love the SNES game so much that the N64 and GC games seemed...disappointing. I have never played them though, only the Wii version, which is an excellent, unique and brilliant game mixed in with tons of insider jokes. And that game piqued my interest in the series, so I will pick up the N64 version on the VC and the Thousand-year Door from Gamestop.

So, in a nutshell, I did not like it until this year.

What are you talking about? Nintendo's old president told square "Put Final Fantasy VII on a cartridge or get out" basically.

Guest_Scapegoat_*

Guest_Scapegoat_*
  • Guests
Loved the N64/Gamecube titles. Reminded me of Super Mario RPG for SNES! :D I really loved the last boss fight in Thousand-Year Door.

Didn't like Super Paper Mario too much... it was too easy and isn't a real RPG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users