Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So... You got the game...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Golden~Hedgy

Golden~Hedgy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Sonic The Hedgehog, NiGHTS, fanfiction, drawing, Avatar: The Last Airbender.... and more
... how many of you have to wait until Christmas? ^_^ I do... :)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I have to wait til I find a Wii to play it on *cries of frustration*

Golden~Hedgy

Golden~Hedgy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Sonic The Hedgehog, NiGHTS, fanfiction, drawing, Avatar: The Last Airbender.... and more

0.o have the money to buy it but can't find it?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

0.o have the money to buy it but can't find it?

Correct

Went to like, five, no, six stores yesterday checking the status of stock

Toys R Us- gone til Jan
Gamestop- gone
Virgin Megastore- maybe
Best Buy- maybe
Circuit City- maybe
Nintendo World- yes, but I have to line up at 2am

It's hopeless.. AAARRGH I'M SO STUPID

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
I've gotta wait another two hours. =/ Sorry to hear you have to wait 'till Christmas

Golden~Hedgy

Golden~Hedgy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
@ viperxmns:

so far what I've heard... no one is going to be selling the Wiis until February... it has been told in the news as well... I don't know if it is for here in the west coast... or countrywide or worldwide.... xP I got the Wii but I'm just worried about my friends not getting one because they all wished to get one for Christmas but none of them even started looking for them...

@ Kraken:

Thanks for caring xD but hey!.. wait.. I don't know about being more excited would make me feel better 0.o

Zachism

Zachism

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ARGH!! My Wii broke the week before this came out! WHY!?!?!?

Cbajd5

Cbajd5

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Correct

Went to like, five, no, six stores yesterday checking the status of stock

Toys R Us- gone til Jan
Gamestop- gone
Virgin Megastore- maybe
Best Buy- maybe
Circuit City- maybe
Nintendo World- yes, but I have to line up at 2am

It's hopeless.. AAARRGH I'M SO STUPID

Line up at 2AM, it's fun!

(I got my Wii on launch day by lining up at Circuit City at 10-11 PM the night before, but ended up getting it a Target right next door. (Number 59 out of 60. (Just tried lining up there when they started to line up to save myself 2 hours.)))

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I'll be getting mine on Christmas Eve. My father just bought it for me and now he's going to wrap it. Just five more days.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

I got my copy of JoD but .....well..... *points up to earlier quote and cries* ,>.<,

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
Hehe. Those who have the game can't play it because they have no Wii or they have to wait til Christmas, and those who have a Wii can't find the game...

If you are not one of these people, REJOICE!!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I have to wait 'til Christmas because although I know full well I'm getting a Wii and the game, my mother is all "No! It has to be a surprise! Blah blah blah!" So I have to wait because my mother has this childish obsession with surprises.

temjin

temjin

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
im in australia, so i have to wait until late january :D

you people waiting for xmas are lucky :D

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Hehe. Those who have the game can't play it because they have no Wii or they have to wait til Christmas, and those who have a Wii can't find the game...

If you are not one of these people, REJOICE!!

oh I am rejoicing believe me. but, I think you guys waiting for it will appreciate it more when you finally get it.
The game is quite fun, and the music is just incredible. DEfinitely on par with Mario Galaxy's music and in some cases beyond that.

petebrolly

petebrolly

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I have to wait 'til Christmas because although I know full well I'm getting a Wii and the game, my mother is all "No! It has to be a surprise! Blah blah blah!" So I have to wait because my mother has this childish obsession with surprises.

actually, that sounds rather nice of your mother! you should be lucky she cares enough to do that for you :P

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
We couldn't find a Wii forever. What we ended up having to do was hit Wal-Mart first thing Wednesday morning. They get their shipments Tuesday and the Wii's go pretty fast. So try Tuesday or Wednesday as soon as you can!

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
I had it IN MY HANDS because my Dad bought it for me....and then I had to make him return it...because I asked the boyfriend for it...and I didn't want hurt feelings...that was the day it came out

But, on the plus side. Boyfriend stopped over today and let me have it 2 whole days early because we won't see each other again before the big day :P so I got to cheat!

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I received Journey of Dreams earlier today as a Christmas Eve present and I played it for a couple hours. It's actually a pretty good game. My only gripe with the game is indeed the analog controls. It's not unplayable, per say, as it's simply not as smooth and responsive as the 3D control pad for the Saturn. I can still manage to fly through rings at ease, as evident by my insanely high Octopaw scores, but NiGHTS flies primarily in eight directions now due to the octagon groove around the analog stick. I know, I know, I heard it from you guys before, but I really didn't understand it until I actually got the play it. I guess it's time to pull out the sand paper.

Oh, and I was vigorously appalled how bad the sensor controls really are. The calibration of the cursor really kills it. The cursor is confined inside this invisible circle surrounding NiGHTS and, even when bordering the circle, the cursor acts really spastic even when attempting the simplest maneuvers. Even the pointer itself doesn't move properly because the sensitivity is far too low.

PASS!

I am lead to believe that Journey of Dreams was not designed for the Wii remote after all. In fact, I am lead to believe the game was not originally intended for the Wii at all either. It feels like another GameCube port with tacked on Wii controls. I'm not talking graphically. The graphics are beautiful considering the budget Sonic Team had to work with. No, I mean the way the game feels and controls. To add insult to injury, the best controller for the game is indeed the GameCube controller. Gee, how about that. :lol:

However, what the game lacks in working Wii controls, here's what it excells at...

1.) The music. Naofumi Hataya and Tomoko Sasaki did a fantastic job composing the music for this game. I can't get the Octopaw tune out of my head. XD

2.) The visuals. Bright, colorful, and very much reminiscent of an arcade SEGA game. It is faithfully of NiGHTS lore, which is surprisingly good for Sonic Team who keeps putting Sonic in realistic Earth. >_<

3.) The use of classic NiGHTS sound effects. As trivial as they seem to the rest of the game, sound effects really do help convey a distinct "SEGA Saturn" feel for the presentation.

4.) The bosses. I have only fought Donbalon and the Chameleon Magician so far and they were really fun. I can see myself playing them over and over again.

5.) The cinematics. Even the in-game cut-scenes would have been much more tolerable if not for the abysmally low frame-rate and fugly character models. I could have sworn one cut-scene literally ran at 15 fps. I could still stomach them though. Even the voice acting wasn't that bad. The GC sequences are gorgeous, of course.

6.) The sensation of flight. Bar the octagonal groove, the blissful feeling of flight is still there. I still feel the blissful sensation of paralooping, flying through rings and going link crazy on every floating object. I didn't even mind the bird chasing, something that concerned me far prior to the release of this game. Ideya Capture gameplay still would have been nice though.

7.) The overall NiGHTS gameplay. I am not too fond of the other missions, but the chase levels, Octopaw and the boss levels are simply, for lack of a better compliment, awesome. Just awesome. Nightopian rescue missions and platforming stages be damned. Much like the Sonic and Shadow stages of Sonic Adventure 2, the NiGHTS gameplay is where it's at.

Overall, not a bad game. I have no problem putting this game next to the original. Surely it's not a perfect game by any means, but it's a nice sequel and an interesting look at the natural progression of NiGHTS as a series. To be frank, I personally feel Journey of Dreams is the Dreamcast sequel we should have gotten a few years after the original... but somehow, in our linear flow of time, it materialized on the Wii. It's as if something lost from the past has just completed its decade-long hibernation state and stepped out of the time machine just to greet us. Such a pleasant feeling.

I shall be awaiting NiGHTS 3 which will hopefully include Ideya Capture gameplay, improved controls and an appearance from Jackle. In the meantime, I have NiGHTS 2 to complete.

Koji_Tsunami

Koji_Tsunami

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Well, my mom pre-ordered the game. Which means I'll get it this friday. BUT I might not be home this Firday XD.
Man...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users