Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MediEvil

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Somthing that would of been for the Game Recommendation topic:

Title: MediEvil
Console: PlayStation and Play Station Portable
Type of game: Action/Platformer
Synopsis: You play as Sir Daniel Fortesque (Or Sir Dan for short), who claimed to be a hero, but wound up the very first to die in a battle against the sorcerer, Zarok. Some time later, he is brought back to life via Zarok's spell to create undead. He then sets off to defeat the sorcerer, redeeming himself in the process.
Comments: I would give a solid comment if I actually played the game, already!!

See that part in bold there? Yeah. Exactly.

My first encounters with the game were back when I was younger; I kind of swore I saw a glimpse of the game in action at my brother's landlord's house; a scene where the landscape was shown as it went all the way back to the player-character, whose name I never even bothered to know at the time. There was also a cardboard stand-thing back at a grocery store around Halloween time, featuring a skeletal-looking dude who was next to the purple dragon, Spyro. They looked intimidating at the time, so I didn't even bother with going near that thing.

Then years passed.

I never even saw one single bit of MediEvil, or that skeleton until I watched an episode of a show called the Electric Playground, which featured a game called MediEvil: Resurrection. That was when I finally learned the name of the game's protagonist: Sir Dan. Man, talk about slowness of epic proportions! When I learned a bit more about this MediEvil game, I was probably along the lines of " :rolleyes: OMG, sign me up!"

So as I waited for release, I studied up on the game in question: I learned about the game's story, history, ect... and became obsessed. Suddenly, I find myself creating some sort of fan-story for the game in my mind, and even a couple of original characters; one of which being a tan-skinned woman who I dearly named 'Emma'. :D

Finally, the game itself was realeased. But being the type that oddly changes interest, I didn't even bother to rent the game. Then finally, my interests did shift back over to MediEvil, and now the game isn't even on the PSP shelf of Blockbuster. And worse, it's the only game-rental place in my area (that I know of, kind of) that rents out PSP games!!

But right now, I'm struggling to write out an RPG or some type of fan-fiction to flesh out the story I had in my mind. Darn scarce fanbase; they're too spread out and whatever activity did go on, I am too late for.

But story of my life aside...

Has anyone else even heard of MediEvil? ^.^;;

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I played and completed MediEvil, and played a bit of Medievil 2.

Alas I don't remember too much about the games, beside the skully look of the main character, but it was a VERY good game at the time.
I recall a lot of great humour in it. ^^

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I have heard of it, but never played it, I think. Do you p[lay as a skeleton?

Uhobi

Uhobi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:games, fantasy books, music, oddities
Always wanted too play, missed out as bad as you did...
It was one of those games that looked over the top and silly to me which in my book means amazing. So while I know very little about it i would still like to play it some day.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I've played and finished both MediEvil games, as well as the PSP remake. It's one of my favourite series, because it was one that both me and my mum were really heavily into. I didn't like 2 as much as I did 1 though.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

I have heard of it, but never played it, I think. Do you p[lay as a skeleton?

Of course, you play as a skeleton. A one-eyed, jawless skeleton to be exact :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users