Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

LuketheXjesse's Content

There have been 37 items by LuketheXjesse (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#91033 NiGHTS into Mecha

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 11 June 2010 - 08:57 PM in Creative Stuff!

Hahaha what the sh!t!? This is rad.

#90998 NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 08 June 2010 - 02:46 AM in Creative Stuff!

I...have no idea who the solid gold dancers are!

Anyway, please don't hit me dudes, but I actually got my first Sega Saturn at a flea market a month or so ago, and just bought Nights into Dreams today from Amazon.com for like...$20. I've never even touched this game, so I guess I'll finally get to live the magic for myself! Rad! :)

#90971 Underappreciated awesome Video Game soundtracks

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 04 June 2010 - 07:06 AM in Community Corner

BUMPAGE

Gigna Fukei Densetsu Sapphire for the PC Engine has f*!*ing AWESOME music.

Oh, and so does Rocket Knight Adventures for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, one of my all time favorite platformers.

Boss Theme
Stage 1-1
Stage 1-2
Stage 2-1
Stage 3
Stage 4
Stage 5-1
Stage 5-2
Stage 6
Final Stage
Final Boss
Credits

I've kind of considered doing my own personal album of Rocket Knight Adventures, but there's so many other games I still have to do that with...not to mention OCR projects. :)

#90970 NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 04 June 2010 - 06:57 AM in Creative Stuff!

Ha! WIP delivered! Take that, busy schedule!

Can't wait to see you dudes' reaction to my song. Hope you like metal. :)

#90949 NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 01 June 2010 - 05:04 PM in Creative Stuff!

Once again I can't seem to be able to meet one of Stevo's WIP dates on time...life is hard. >:)

Well, anyhoo, to tide you all over, listen to something else I made. It's a remix of this.

#89240 NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 25 February 2010 - 02:33 AM in Creative Stuff!

Yeah, life's been kinda busy on my end these days.

Pretty much this.

#89228 Level 99 - Music Portfolio

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 24 February 2010 - 05:30 AM in Community Corner

Mega Man 2 isn't that hard.

You big baby.

#89227 NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 24 February 2010 - 05:26 AM in Creative Stuff!

bump

Posted Image

#86671 Level 99 issues you a challenge!

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 09 January 2010 - 05:08 AM in Creative Stuff!

Consider this on hiatus for a little while. Will resume once I remember who I am, what I'm doing, and how to maek remicks. :)

I say you should be a cool dude like me and make the EPIC transition into a certain genre that starts with an M...you know you want it!

On a serious note, I assume you're trying to find your place musically, which is cool. I've considered transitioning into electro-metal of sorts, using my newfound synthesis knowledge. Maybe you'll end up wanting to make Jazz or Rap remixes? Who knows. I can definitely see where you're going with this. Or maybe you're just rethinking your life in general. OR maybe I'm making too many assumptions here. Whatever. Hope it all comes together well, in any case.

Here is my biggest smile yet!

^______________________________________________________________________________^

#86523 woah

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 07 January 2010 - 02:18 AM in Community Corner

Best Mario Paint remix ever.

#86388 Any Musicians in the House?

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 05 January 2010 - 03:09 PM in Community Corner

I've been "playing" guitar for 4 years, but I've only been REALLY hardcore playing (read: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 hours a day) for a year and a half. Video games are practically nonexistent to me anymore, save for the occasional old school gaming (Sonic, Sunset Riders, Double Dragon II, etc.).

I played Trumpet for 7 years, and I sucked ass. When I started guitar, I never looked back.

I played Bass for 1 or 2 years. Like Trumpet, when I started guitar, I never looked back, though I still play it for when I'm recording my metal music, so it's a handy skill to have.

I noodled with Piano/keyboards for a few months last year, but I haven't practiced for awhile. I might pick it up again. When I finally pick up a MIDI interface, I'll be able to use my electric Yamaha keyboard for recordings.

I've been noodling with Music Production for 9 months now, and have made great progress, as you will hear when the NiGHTS remix project is released...I'd show some of my current work, but every time I make a song, I end up making a great stride immediately afterwords, making that song a misrepresentation of how good I am. :P

Oh well, I'll share one anyway. This is a remix of Ninja Gaiden 2. The two songs used here are Stage 2-2 and the End Credits theme. This was for a competition, actually, and with only 7 hours until the due date, I decided on a whim to make an entry. Therefore, this song is VERY VERY rushed and has many problems, such as un-quantized drums and rhythm guitars that are way too quiet. The guitar tone sucks as well, but I have MUCH better guitar tone now thanks to a suggestion by my good friend PrinceofDarkness.

#86192 NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 02 January 2010 - 08:57 PM in Creative Stuff!

...I wish Stevo (that's Level99's irl name) wasn't at MAGfest so he would listen to my damned WIP. :<

#86159 NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 01 January 2010 - 08:28 PM in Creative Stuff!

Finally got my WIP in. *huff puff*

Too bad the kick drum blows ass. :(

#84264 Winter Dreamers EP

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 07 December 2009 - 07:45 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Crap, i have a lot of work to do @~@

I was gonna be all "Here's a funny image to keep you occupied until this is released" but apparently it is already released.

Oh well, I'm posting it anyway.

Posted Image

#84255 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 07 December 2009 - 04:48 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I miss playing video games.

Now all I play is

Posted Image

also Double Dragon II.

#84251 Don't Forget NiGHTS

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 07 December 2009 - 04:31 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

I'm in total agreement with you for the time-being, Luke. Sega is much more a publisher than it is a creator of games anymore, and most Sonic Team games are terrible or hit-or-miss since the reformation. However, this game is being done by Sumo Digital, a very very good game developer. Also, if Sega see's this much support for NiGHTS and ever does eventually consider doing another game, they could give it to a different team and maybe have them do an adequate job. Furthermore, it wouldn't take THAT much to port the original over to PSN/XBL and appease the fans a great deal. So yes, Sega may make lots of sh!t, but that doesn't mean all of it is. Sega's leading their games now on a legacy that's becoming increasingly tainted as more time and more bad games get put into history...

I'm awfully late to catching this post, but the fact that it's not being developed by Sonic Team or Sega for that matter gives it hope.

Plus any company that isn't Nintendo deals with third parties fairly well...

#84249 Underappreciated awesome Video Game soundtracks

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 07 December 2009 - 04:27 PM in Community Corner

Adventure of Link gets no love, particularly with it's music. If I hear one person rant about how it's not Koji Kondo, I'll scream. The music works for AoL as well as any other Zelda game- the Hyrule overworld is suitably epic, the towns are comforting, and the palace dungeons are both elegant and scary at the same time. I'm glad SSBM did a remix of the palace theme, because it's by far my favourite Zelda song.

Hey! Listen!

I actually found a gold copy of that game recently. The Dungeon music is quite enjoyable. Maybe I should do a metal remix of it at some point, even though Armcannon has already done that.

#84034 Feeling while dreaming

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 05 December 2009 - 08:38 AM in Dream Discussion

whenever I fall off a cliff or a long distance, I feel that drop, and it makes me wake up.

Pretty much every scary dream I have ever had consisted of this, with me waking up from the exact same cause.

Every other dream usually just involves video games. I think I had a couple with Mewtwo in it...

#83855 Feeling while dreaming

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 03 December 2009 - 05:23 PM in Dream Discussion

So, question: Do you think it was a real world stimulus. or purely mental? 'Cuz it seriously hurt. @_@

Posted Image

#83854 NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 03 December 2009 - 05:21 PM in Creative Stuff!

Wasn't able to meet Stevo's due date for WIPs (works-in-progress).

i haet school :<

#83128 Level 99 issues you a challenge!

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 24 November 2009 - 08:46 PM in Creative Stuff!

WHERE'S THE GUITAR NOT METAL ENOUGH

#83114 Level 99 issues you a challenge!

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 24 November 2009 - 06:33 PM in Creative Stuff!

I actually already bought the AAS synth myself during that sale, but I haven't bothered to install it yet. *_*

Maybe I should get on that.

#83071 Feeling while dreaming

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 24 November 2009 - 07:00 AM in Dream Discussion

I occasionally feel pain from my dreams.

Could it be...?
Posted Image

#83070 Who are you in your dreams?

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 24 November 2009 - 06:58 AM in Dream Discussion

i'm
Posted Image
in my dreams

#83067 What are you listening to right now?

Posted by LuketheXjesse on 24 November 2009 - 06:19 AM in Community Corner

Two Shadows Appear by BrainCells, a remix of Shadow of the Ninja for the NES.