Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Winter Dreamers EP

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
For those of you who tuned in to the most recent podcast show heard the advertisement for the special gift that Level 99 and myself are bringing you in time for the Winter season.

The gift is - The Winter Dreamers EP

The EP is up for download on December 4th.

Seeing as how this time of year always feels very NiGHTSy Level 99 had made a song to celebrate the holidays ..at which point i crashed right into the idea that we should do a joint celebration of musical goodness and give it to the fans as a joint single ...or an 'Extended Play' EP if you're in the knowledge of the fancy terms in music, lol.

We had been cryptic on giving out news on this project at first, merely dropping little hints on Twitter. Naturally, for those that know me and Level 99 probably did guess it was going to be something music related. And it is, so well done, lol XD

As time went on we ran with some ideas for this EP and ended up getting two artists on board to do all the cover art. Should you want to burn this EP to disc you'll have all the fancy art to make the CD case look nice and official :)
The artists are TRiPPY, who shall be drawing the front cover for the album.
And Jof, who is pretty much doing everything else related to art on the album, lol.

Those forum viewers sharp enough to notice Level 99's avatar image change to a Maren with a blue hat will now know that this is Level 99's fanmaren designed in time so the character can make his debute appearance on Winter Dreamers EP.

..and yes, Valentine will be in there somewhere too :)

So, this winter let us celebrate the NiGHTSy season with something else to play rather than them christmas songs that get repeated to death at your local supermarket stores :D

------------------
-Edit- December 3rd

The page is now up on the website.

The Winter Dreamers EP - you can find the downloadable EP from here.

Also, the bonus present, for those of you who have listened to the EP - Zero-Shift Blooper Reel

And that's the project complete.

Happy Holidays and thanks for listening :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
So hyped for this XD

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Yeah, for anyone who was paying attention could have totally guessed what we had been planning, with dropping hints about singing and "Hey Dreamer" and "Chickity Check the Festivities". Who knows, maybe we'll start an annual tradition of some kind of musical release around the holidays, but that'd be getting ahead of ourselves, cause we gotta get the first one out to get it all started.

With all the other wonderful projects going on for this season, including Jof's game "NiGHTS: Owl's Adventure", all the holiday art stuff, that I think a secret project or two, y'all are gonna get spoiled this year. And you're most deserving of it. I, too, am very hyped for this. After release, I'll probably also bring a few home-grown physical copies with me to MAGFest and Anime Detour to spread around as well.

I wouldn't have a fanmaren if it wasn't for this EP collab!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Can i move this topic to the site news instead? I don't want it to get burried.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeh, go ahead.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
thank you you two, and TRiPPY and Jof for doing art for it! we really are spoiled lol! i will be sure to download this asap :lol:

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Can't wait to hear it.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
can't wait to see how you did :lol:

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
And physical copies may or may not be showing up in my neck of the woods...?

*continues to hoard monies*

Most def looking forward to this. I always do enjoy NiGHTS fanmusic, it's the best way to snag a piece of the spirit behind NiGHTS. It makes your imagination soar. ^^ I think this will send me into the stratosphere.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
UGH I'm so excited for this!

Heehee, another reason to rush to Anime Detour besides the oppertunity to see the god called 99 XD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Yay! Fun music is fun. :lol:

I can't wait to hear this. NiGHTS fans are some of the most creative people you'll ever find.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Yesh. :3 This shall be the epitome of 2009's wintery goodness! Heh heh heh.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Can't wait for this! I'm sure it'll be great! :o

And I must agree, this time of year coming up does seem very "NiGHTSy". :P

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Awesome<3 So can't wait to listen to this.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Despite knowing about this for a while (lol I <3 you stevo) I'm still excited as hell about this xD Can't wait to hear it.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

And physical copies may or may not be showing up in my neck of the woods...?

*continues to hoard monies*

Most def looking forward to this. I always do enjoy NiGHTS fanmusic, it's the best way to snag a piece of the spirit behind NiGHTS. It makes your imagination soar. ^^ I think this will send me into the stratosphere.

Wait wait wait...hoard monies? You think I'll be CHARGING for the physical copies? Not only is that illegal on my part, but why would I charge for something you can download FO' FREEZ!? :P These will pretty much be the exact same thing as the downloadable one, except hand-made by me, so they might have special value if a) you're too lazy to make your own or B) you really really really really want one hand-delivered by one of the creators. It's spreading the musical love, and all physical copies will be free. First-come, first-grabs. Maybe I should turn this into a Waldo game: like, the first 15 people who recognize me and sing a line from "Dreams Dreams" at me gets a copy. Also, we should all sign at least one and ship that over to the admins. Or sign the t-shirt like my original idea was...or whatever, we'll figure it out!

UGH I'm so excited for this!

Heehee, another reason to rush to Anime Detour besides the oppertunity to see the god called 99 XD

O_O
that's pretty much all I got. DiGi was the first person to call me god, and now you're the second. If y'all start a Level 99 religion, I'm leaving, lol.

Despite knowing about this for a while (lol I <3 you stevo) I'm still excited as hell about this xD Can't wait to hear it.

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE SECRET THAT I TOLD YOU THE SECRET A SECRET! :o

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE SECRET THAT I TOLD YOU THE SECRET A SECRET! :P

.............whoops.

How secretly secretive did you tell me this secret that I secretly was supposed to keep a secret? xD Sorry bro.

you guys didn't see that post kk?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

.............whoops.

How secretly secretive did you tell me this secret that I secretly was supposed to keep a secret? xD Sorry bro.

you guys didn't see that post kk?

It's fine, you didn't let a REAL secret that we kept this secret a secret out...wow, confusing. Anyways, thread derailment imminent, moving back on the tracks, lol.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

It's fine, you didn't let a REAL secret that we kept this secret a secret out...wow, confusing. Anyways, thread derailment imminent, moving back on the tracks, lol.

Haha yeah too many secrets o___O;;

Anyhoo, im thoroughly excited for this. I think I'll either make my own physical copy or try to be one of those magical 15 xD I love having a physical copy of something, it adds to the experience.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
The magical 15 that shall be blinded by the glory of the Winter Dreams EP. @_@

"Hey, isn't that-"
"I think it is... yeah! Hey! Level 99!"
*cue talk on NiGHTS*
"Oh, do you have a copy of Winter Dreamers EP on CD?"
Random person: "EEEEEE PEEEE!
*someone ends up glomped*

>>; Um.... My brain's off-kilter due to multiple outlines...and stuff. @_@

I totally can't wait for this. ^___^ ...Ah who am I kidding....half of me can wait. I'll just make up more lyrics to NiGHTS songs if I get impatient. :P
*marks calender with glee* Squeee. ^^

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'm quite excited.
I'll listen to it a lot.
And it will be fun.

(a haiku)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
^Win.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
So now that this topic has gained interest, let's get a good discussion going. Every so often, leading up to the release, i might drop little bits of stuff relating to the EP in here.

First point of call is those who listened to the podcast show will have heard i mentioned we got a up and comming voice-actor from our forums making a guest appearance on the EP.
Now who do you think i could be talking about, i wonder? ;)

Lélis

Lélis

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Games in general. I am a gamer<br />Cosplay - maybe you don't like but I LOVE<br />Sing - I am a good singer, so I like to sing. A LOT (and game music is my love)<br />And everthing that you would like to chat. I am not a quiet person xDDD

So now that this topic has gained interest, let's get a good discussion going. Every so often, leading up to the release, i might drop little bits of stuff relating to the EP in here.

First point of call is those who listened to the podcast show will have heard i mentioned we got a up and comming voice-actor from our forums making a guest appearance on the EP.
Now who do you think i could be talking about, i wonder? ;)

wow, that will be really nice!

And I am dying to listen everything *_*

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Hmm, I honestly can't remember who does voice acting around 'hur. ;)

I will say I saw some of the art WIPs last night and...just....wow.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Jofs art is awesome XD I squeed.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Spoiler
!?!?! =D

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting

Also, we should all sign at least one and ship that over to the admins. Or sign the t-shirt like my original idea was...or whatever, we'll figure it out!

I'd totally do that XD

O_O
that's pretty much all I got. DiGi was the first person to call me god, and now you're the second. If y'all start a Level 99 religion, I'm leaving, lol.

Ahahahahaha I love pressing peoples buttons.

Spoiler
!?!?! =D

What she said.

((this post is rather useless, isen't it?))

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

What she said.

Heh, I'm a duuuude xD Sorry about my misleading Sheva avatar.

10 Days to go! =D

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Heh I'll neither confirm nor deny any guesses to the awesome voice actor who makes an appearance.

*blinks* is it really only a little more than a week away that we come out with this?! OH MAN! I feel like we've fallen behind on something, but there's really not much left to do. Odd feeling.

*gets ass in gear* final stretch, here we go.....

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
a week's too long to wait! :( i'm like a child at christmas! oh wait...i AM a child at christmas! and this wait is torturous D:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
We're now officially just over a week away from the release.

Man, i'm excited. This will be the first proper PROPER fan album made for the NiGHTS community. Well, ok, fan 'EP'. The fan albums are coming later.
Themes 1 and 2 were all good but i could never bring the quality on those albums as we've been able to do on Winter Dreamers.

So, consider this. What you hear on Winter Dreamers, be expecting more of it. It's like a 'demo' of things to come XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Crap, i have a lot of work to do @~@

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Crap, i have a lot of work to do @~@

Don't we all :P

Come along, chop chop. I'll take you out to dinner to celebrate the EP's release if we make it on time. How's that sound? It'll be like a album release party ...only just us, lol.

I really need to stop calling it an 'album', lol. XD;

Really though, if we had more time and were not so covered with work for other things i could honestly imagine Winter Dreamers would have turned into an album.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Allow me to add my enthusiasm:

YAY! Something I can play on my new (old but new to me) stereo in my car on the way to work.
And you're making us wait a whole week? Bah.. ..maybe I'll make it through. :P

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Allow me to add my enthusiasm:

YAY! Something I can play on my new (old but new to me) stereo in my car on the way to work.
And you're making us wait a whole week? Bah.. ..maybe I'll make it through. :)

Depending on your drive, you may have to loop it a few times. ;)

Fellow NiGHTS-fans, begin the countdown:

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Wooooot just a week :) I'm contemplating sending it in to the local xmas music station and blackmailing them into playing some of the tracks on air.

Even if that doesn't work I'll just blare it through my speaker system and annoy my parents like I do with regular xmas music every year ;)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
So, it's one week away now. Time is closing in on us. Ooo. Ooo. Nervous are we? I sure am! I have not done a solid piece of music for the community in ages.

Now everyone knows Valentine is going to turn up. You can't keep the bunny man down, no sir.
However, during the quick production of Winter Dreamers EP, when we finalized the art i had totally overlooked something that would have probably been nice to use for some of the pictures.
Valentine's Christmas Outfit -
Posted Image
Posted Image

I was skimming through my old artwork the other day and came across these two pieces that i have not seen for ages. And it totally reminded me that Val has this outfit XD; I should have used them somewhere in the EP art but it's too late now, so for content for this topic i'll chuck it in here instead.

Those pictures come from 2004, back when Val had a different design going on with his eyes ...and his ears were less ear-like, lol XD
The character in the second picture belongs to Mini-P (i wonder if she still uses that name). She saw the first picture and suggested Val has a hat to go with it, so i drew her character giving Val the hat.
Naturally, because Val is so ..er .. 'cool' he wears it back to front, lol. Oh, how 1990's.

Anyways, this was just some content in connection to the Winter Dreamers EP.

Sunday i'm putting up the advert for download should anybody want it outside of it being in the podcast show.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Adorable. XD

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
man you dont even intend to take your art to a professional level and you can draw folds in clothing so much better than me XD that's really cool DiGi!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users