Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTs: Lucid Dreaming - OC ReMix arrangement project

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming, An OC ReMix Album (Trailer)

http://lucid.ocremix.org/

-------------------------------

OverClocked ReMix presents, in association with NiGHTSIntoDreams.com:

Posted Image

NiGHTs into dreams was released on July 5th, 1996. It is a game that means a lot to me, and has a fantastic soundtrack that I feel is in need of proper tribute. The 15th anniversary of the game’s release will be July 5th, 2011, and I can think of no better way to celebrate this than to organize and create a NiGHTs Arrangement project.

There will be a lot of art, and a lot of music. 2 Discs of music, in fact. The album doesn't have an overall musical theme, besides the inclusion of the NiGHTS motif in nearly every track, but rather a consistent level of quality in the ability to evoke various thoughts and images of dreams in the listener.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I wish I had the musical talent to contribute to this, maybe I'll try picking up on something and remix a song. The only tools I have is FLStudio and some basic knowledge on how to use it. :P

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Hey, it's all good! Even if you can't do a mix, or any artwork, or anything like that, it's just nice to have the support of people who are looking forward to it. Ironically enough, someone requested some NiGHTs mixes the other day and didn't see that I had started this project, and obviously there's this entire community, so the demand is there.

Okay, so updates: There are maybe six songs left to be claimed (the response was pretty much beyond what I had expected) and I've received a few work-in-progress mixes. I've been floored by the quality of the people contributing thus far, and it all still retains a very NiGHTs-y feel. There might be some teaser clips of songs as more WIPs get contributed, as I'm sure people will want to hear some of the progress being made (apparently, there's a few vocal mixes being done with non-vocal songs!).

Still planning on a release on or around the 15th anniversary.

Oh, and if you do mess around with FLStudio and come up with something please let me know. There's quite a high quality bar but there's no harm in giving a listen! Check the OCremix forum thread for the tracklist.

Thanks always to you, NiGHTs community!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
I thought I'd give a nice little teaser to anyone who may be watching this topic at all. I have a Work-in-progress version of my own remix of Growing Wings called "Twin Seeds Flyby". The project may still be a good ways away from being finished, but hopefully this conveys an idea of what some of it will be like. Enjoy, and please leave comments if you have any!

http://tindeck.com/listen/casd

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

I thought I'd give a nice little teaser to anyone who may be watching this topic at all. I have a Work-in-progress version of my own remix of Growing Wings called "Twin Seeds Flyby". The project may still be a good ways away from being finished, but hopefully this conveys an idea of what some of it will be like. Enjoy, and please leave comments if you have any!

http://tindeck.com/listen/casd

Wow this is beautiful, I have not heard much acoustic sounding NiGHTS music before. :rolleyes:

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Wow this is beautiful, I have not heard much acoustic sounding NiGHTS music before. :lol:

Thank you, that's much appreciated! Definitely a very early version that will be extended and have a lot of changes, though! We have a huge number of different artists on board covering a range of styles, including j-pop, techno, indie-ambient, rock....way too many to list. Almost all of my remixes include guitars.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
:P Oh wow this is BRILLIANT! Amazing work here, please keep it up, I'm always big into NiGHTS fanmusic. I'm not of OCR standards (wish i was) but if you guys need a singer for anything just let me know :lol:

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
OMG OCremix doing a NiGHTS cover!?

*tears of happy*

I LOVE the various works all you people at OCR do. (One of my standard music sites for when I want something to listen to) To have you guys doing NiGHTS is, well, a dream come true. *shot for pun*

You're doing a great job with the remix, too. Something about the guitar really communicates the lighthearted, hopeful and free feelings of the song. ^^

I'm not musically oriented so I can't offer much to contribute but let me just say I will be LURKING on this topic and the one at OCR. Myes. ;)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Hehe thanks, everyone! I was just now editing the forum thread title as the project name has changed a little bit.

Seriously, having even a few people from this thriving NiGHTs community supporting us makes me feel like this project is worth a whole lot. I'll absolutely post regular updates, and maybe continue with some more sneak previews. This is, after all, for fans of NiGHTs, which means all of you! ;)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Huzzah! trust me it'll be appreciated ;)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Wait wait, hold on! How in the bloody hell did i miss a topic like this? o.O
Sorry. Hi. I'm DiGi Valentine, co-admin of the website and i'm totally gutted that i've been missing this topic so far. Excuse me.

I've downloaded OCRemix album projects in the past, mainly the FF7 and Sonic remix albums they made as well as the Street Fighter stuff they did. So, you're basically saying you're going to do the same thing but with the NiGHTS tracks? That's wicked!

I'm certainly interested in helping out but i don't possess much music making skill, especially something to wow OCRemix with. See, i've done music in the past but it's not up to par with the likes that OCR would want. Besides, most of my talent lies in rapping and lyric writing, to which i don't know if you would need anything on that level.

I've done some NiGHTS fan albums in the past, called Themes to Dreams 1 and 2. They showcased some NiGHTS related tracks that i did. I would advertise them to you with links but the quality and recording of the songs are VERY old now, lol. I'm making the third and final album to be released this Christmas. When the album releases you can have a listen to what i'm lyrically capable of and if you would like me to do something on a song or two for this project then let me know. The instrumentals i use on the album are not mine as i can't compose professional music, as i said. You'd be checking out my music on the basis of listening to the lyrical content.

NiGHTS and Rap seem like an unlikely mixture but i've found with the album i'm currently making that there's a lot of humor that can be created from the NiGHTS series that can be portrayed greatly through rap music and witty lyrics.

You can preview some of my non-NiGHTS related tracks at my myspace page here, just to see what i can do (though these songs are still a few years old too, lol) ->
DiGi Valentine

Can i also take this moment to say your music is wonderful, by the way. That preview took me by surprise. I'm really looking forward to whatever you have planned for this remix album. Please keep up the good work ;)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Haha well, I think the main reason you might have missed this is I only recently added the "OCRemix" to the thread title. It didn't dawn on me until Sierra mentioned going there for music that I thought "Hey! Many of these wonderful people might already be aware, and therefore might find it more interesting to check out if I put it in the thread name."

First, thank you for the kind comments. NiGHTs means a lot to me, as both a gamer and a musician, so I really want to do this soundtrack justice. The WIP you heard is quite preliminary but it solodifies the structure and feel I'm going foor. From the WIPs we have in (right now, five songs have WIP versions), there is going to be some crazy innovative creativity with the songs, while still having noticable source. There is someone doing a hip-hop-esque track, and I'll talk to him to see if he wants some possible lyrics on top! There are quite a few OCRemixes that include rap, like "Rhymes with Elixer" or "Spitting Narcissism".

Yeah, the jist of the album is sort-of the jist of other albums on there. Some other albums have a common theme, or style, associated with it (like Chrono Symphonic or Relics of the Chozo), but with this album there is a lot more freedom of styling.

I will most definitely be checking out your stuff! Send me a PM with links to your first works regardless of quality as I am most interested in listening to then, and definitely look forward to your next release.

The project still has a few songs left open, but I am still definitely looking for artists and people with web-skills to help contribute. And can I just take a moment to thank YOU! ;)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I had a quick read through the topic at OCR and i'm even more excited to see this project get completed! This would really be something good to update the fanbase with. In the NiGHTS fanbase we kinda need to make our own fun considering they don't make many games of NiGHTS. Having an album like this would really give the fans something new and fresh.

Also, i will be sure to send you a PM sometime soon, Level99. I would do it right now but we're having some forum difficulties at the moment. Once the forum is back up and running properly then i'll take some time out to send you a PM :)

As for the work going in to this project, look for someone named SpinningCannon. She's been making a bit of music over the years and i think she might be interested in this, if you would like to ask her. She's made some music in the past and she does pass through here but i think this topic might have slipped her by like it did me, lol.

The album itself i can imagine will probably benefit more without the need for rap vocals on my part. Being honest, i want to hear how the songs turn out instrumentally without having me on them but i can't deny the fact that i'm interested in helping out if i can somehow. I've explained my abilities in case i am needed but i'm just as excited with me OFF the album, lol.

In related news, from this album i can get a taste of everybodies style and hopefully get a few of you guys in on a project that i want to do later on down the line. I have a few idea's relating to NiGHTS music that i wanna do and if anything this album will show me who is interested in NiGHTS and who i can possibly contact to do some collaborating with. As i said, i've got idea's for NiGHTS songs that i want to do but could never find the right people to get on board the project. This Lucid Dreaming album will not only be something fresh and new to listen to but will help me find a good producer or two for my own projects.
So, you coming here and making this topic and spear-heading the project really has boosted a lot of other things in the process. Thanks! :)

Anyways, as i said. I'll send you a PM when the forums have sorted themselves out as they've been running faulty for the last day or two.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

I had a quick read through the topic at OCR and i'm even more excited to see this project get completed! This would really be something good to update the fanbase with. In the NiGHTS fanbase we kinda need to make our own fun considering they don't make many games of NiGHTS. Having an album like this would really give the fans something new and fresh.

Also, i will be sure to send you a PM sometime soon, Level99. I would do it right now but we're having some forum difficulties at the moment. Once the forum is back up and running properly then i'll take some time out to send you a PM :)

As for the work going in to this project, look for someone named SpinningCannon. She's been making a bit of music over the years and i think she might be interested in this, if you would like to ask her. She's made some music in the past and she does pass through here but i think this topic might have slipped her by like it did me, lol.

The album itself i can imagine will probably benefit more without the need for rap vocals on my part. Being honest, i want to hear how the songs turn out instrumentally without having me on them but i can't deny the fact that i'm interested in helping out if i can somehow. I've explained my abilities in case i am needed but i'm just as excited with me OFF the album, lol.

In related news, from this album i can get a taste of everybodies style and hopefully get a few of you guys in on a project that i want to do later on down the line. I have a few idea's relating to NiGHTS music that i wanna do and if anything this album will show me who is interested in NiGHTS and who i can possibly contact to do some collaborating with. As i said, i've got idea's for NiGHTS songs that i want to do but could never find the right people to get on board the project. This Lucid Dreaming album will not only be something fresh and new to listen to but will help me find a good producer or two for my own projects.
So, you coming here and making this topic and spear-heading the project really has boosted a lot of other things in the process. Thanks! :)

Anyways, as i said. I'll send you a PM when the forums have sorted themselves out as they've been running faulty for the last day or two.

Yeah, it's a shame NiGHTs has not taken off past the cult-following level because it really does deserve it for all the uniqueness it embodies. I have fond memories of it, and I thought it'd be nice to start cooking something for the 15th anniversary of its release. Glad you're stoked for it!

I'll check for spinningcannon when I get home today and have a little more time for snooping around. And I sent a message to the one thus far who I think might have a fitting song for the rap if anything, we'll see what he says.

OCRemixers do take on a lot of projects, and some have picked up songs on this without having much familiarity with the game. Different OCRemixers take on music different ways. It never hurts to go over there and register, later on posting whatever you have in mind and asking for assistance. But yeah, definitely wait until this album is finished so that attention to NiGHTs isn't too diverted and spread out. :)

Also, glad the forums are back up. I recently made a donation so you all can get this back up and better than ever in no time! Seriously, to everyone posting responses here, I am very grateful for the warm welcome and reception.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm so looking forward to this because i REALLY NEED NEW MUSIC. I have murdered my NiGHTS playlists. This gives me glee.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I'm glad this project is getting so much attention. As DiGi and Trippy said, this will be a shiny new treat for the fans.

I was kinda wondering, if this project keeps growing, do you think you'll throw in any JoD tracks?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

I'm so looking forward to this because i REALLY NEED NEW MUSIC. I have murdered my NiGHTS playlists. This gives me glee.

I have yet to murder the Perfect Album yet, but I guess my problem is I'll start playing it, it'll get to Paternal Horn, and I'll just hit repeat on that one song. I'm not kidding, that song will never leave my head. :) Glee is good.

I'm glad this project is getting so much attention. As DiGi and Trippy said, this will be a shiny new treat for the fans.

I was kinda wondering, if this project keeps growing, do you think you'll throw in any JoD tracks?

This is a question I got from the get-go from a few others, as well as a few people asking if this is including Christmas NiGHTs as well.

I'd say no for now because the spirit of this project is to commemorate the original NiGHTs. I can't predict the future, so it's not out 100%, but I would honestly want to have the original scope of the project completely packaged up and ready to roll out way ahead of the intended release time before I would consider broadening the tracklist. Sorry! Also, other people may just submit individual remixes of JoD tracks if they feel so inclined to OCRemix. Lastly, you could always go to the OCRemix boards: there is a Remix Requests section where people pitch songs or games they feel merit remixing.

Feel free to spread the word about the project! The more exposure, the better. With all the projects, a certain amount of PR is done so that gaming websites and fansites are aware of the project's release, but nothing beats the spread of word-of-mouth.

This is seriously making my Tuesday amazing, btw.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I agree making music takes it time. I don't necessarily compose music but Themes 3 has taken me, what, 3 years to finally come up with the lyrical material good enough to make a full album with, lol. Music can be a slow process sometimes so i wouldn't expect anything more from you guys other than this album. I'm pretty sure you've got other commitments other than the album too so whatever we get, as long as it's something, i'll be happy with.

I did go in to the OCRemix forum back in 2007 and ask anybody if they would be willing to make remix music for NiGHTS because JoD had just been announced and i figured what better way to get people hyped than to make some remixed music....but nobody took to it, lol.

Also, Level 99. I'm gonna have to email you since any NiGHTS related music i've done is on the website ...and it doesn't take a genius to notice the site is down right now, ahah! XD;
So, if you PM me an email address that i can contact i'll send you a song or two via email :P
Sorry, i know it's the long way around. If the site was up i'd link directly to it.

Can i just ask, and sorry for being nosey but, you're making the Paternal Horn remix but you couldn't decide if you were heading for a chill-out lounge sound or a rock guitar-jam style for the song. Can i just ask which one you've gone for? If either?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
I'll send you a PM later tonight for sure.

Someone else actually took up Paternal Horn shortly after I made that message. The first post contains the full tracklist with attached remixer names and statuses, but Paternal Horn is being done by AkumajoBelmont at the moment...and I have NO idea what he has in mind yet. We will have to wait and see!

Musica

Musica

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Level 99, let me first say that I really appreciated your work on Thieves of Fate, particularly the title track. After reviewing the track list, I have to know if you intend to tackle "Know Thyself" as well. It was not technically part of the OST, but it was supposed to be part of the original game, if I'm not mistaken.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Oooo. Yes, that is a very good point to bring up, Musica.

I'm not sure how much of NiGHTS into Dreams you know of, Level 99, but there was a bit of hacking done a long time ago that revealed there was to have been another boss in the game but was removed. The boss was called 'Self' or 'Selph' as most of us refer to him as. His music was made for his stage but he was removed from the game in the end. His music still remains however, under the track 'Know Thyself'.

Also, got your PM. Will contact you later on today. Cheers! :P

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Level 99, let me first say that I really appreciated your work on Thieves of Fate, particularly the title track. After reviewing the track list, I have to know if you intend to tackle "Know Thyself" as well. It was not technically part of the OST, but it was supposed to be part of the original game, if I'm not mistaken.

Hey, thanks a lot! I was asked to do that song for Thieves at nearly the last minute, if memory serves, but I appreciate the feedback.

When I started planning the project, I did have to think about the "unused" tracks, like Know Thyself, as well as anything possibly used for cutscenes and the like. For the cutscenes where the music isn't on the original OST, I said no. Since Know Thyself wasn't actually in the game, and I originally had no idea who would be interested in picking up remixes for the project (you really can never tell who is interested until you ask around a little, and even then if you post it, people who are interested might already have too many things to do), I decided not to include it in the selectable tracklist. There are still open songs as of this moment, and until I actually get the first batch of WIPs in I wont actually know if people are going to need to drop off of tracks they have claimed. It will sometimes happen that people have initial interest but things happen where they can't meet the first deadline, at which point the artist is contacted and either given an extension or asked to release the track. If the track is released, then I will attempt to find someone to pick it up instead. Things can get a little messy...I would consider allowing it to be picked if the first batch of WIPs comes in and all is pretty much underway, or if someone who can demonstrate adequate remixing skill comes to me personally and really really REALLY REALLY wants to do it. I'd also have to check with the site admins because I don't know off-hand how bonus, unused tracks from games are handled.

Hope that answer is adequate!

Musica

Musica

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
More than adequate! Thanks!

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Wow! Just saw this thread for the first time and I have to say this is a great project!

I'm glad you are doing this Level99 and I can't wait to hear the different remixes!

I'll be checking in for updates and more previews! :)

That teaser you shared is absolutely amazing!

Keep it up!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I don't know fully of how OCR works and operates so excuse any really dumb questions i might ask here.

When this project is finished is it going to come under the albums section of the OCR website or does it need to be approved first by the heads of OCR first? The Voices of the Lifestream album was advertised hugely. I was kinda wondering if Lucid Dreaming will get the same kind of treatment or will it be handled differently to those albums that are already on there?

Again, sorry for what might seem like a really silly question :P;;

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Wow! Just saw this thread for the first time and I have to say this is a great project!

I'm glad you are doing this Level99 and I can't wait to hear the different remixes!

I'll be checking in for updates and more previews! :)

That teaser you shared is absolutely amazing!

Keep it up!

Thanks, I'll be sure to keep my nose to the grindstone and keep the work cranking out!

I don't know fully of how OCR works and operates so excuse any really dumb questions i might ask here.

When this project is finished is it going to come under the albums section of the OCR website or does it need to be approved first by the heads of OCR first? The Voices of the Lifestream album was advertised hugely. I was kinda wondering if Lucid Dreaming will get the same kind of treatment or will it be handled differently to those albums that are already on there?

Again, sorry for what might seem like a really silly question :P;;

That is actually quite a good question. I can't fully answer that at the moment, and I'm definitely not an authority on the matter but I'll try my best to answer from my own observations. Almost every album that's been made and completed that's asipred to be an OCRemix album has been an official one, but there most definitely is an approval process. The quality bar, the art, the representation, all of it I believe is taken into account by the site and project coordinators and the project begins to wind down. If there are any issues they are brought up and addressed. I will say that, if all goes as I'm going to do my best to make it go, it will get the official OCR treatment. The timing is another issue, but I gave a lot of leeway and notice ahead-of-time for the projected release date that I'm hoping it wont be a problem. Each project is different in the amount of time it takes, some taking 4+ years to finish! I've got some great people helping with the administrative work, though, so I'm confident it will all work out.

I'll reply to your email during my lunch break, DiGi!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah, thanks for answering. See, i knew there was some form of approval process but i wasn't sure as to how it worked.
Well, i hope this project gets the greatest kind of attention it deserves from everybody at OCR. It would be awesome to see this advertised and hyped about when it's coming up to it's release.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Hmm... I might want to contribute to this. I have a remix that I did of Gate of Your Dreams. If I can fix it up a bit and do some better mixing, I think I could contribute that to the project!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Hmm... I might want to contribute to this. I have a remix that I did of Gate of Your Dreams. If I can fix it up a bit and do some better mixing, I think I could contribute that to the project!

Well first, thanks for your interest in the project! Second, we do already have someone doing Gate of your Dreams. As of this posting there are three tracks still open:

E-LE-KI Sparkle
D’Force Master
Fragmented Nights

The full details are over in the forum thread in the first post, but I'll give you the skinny, buddy: First WIPs are due by December 1st, can be submitted anytime before then, have to fall under the OCRemix's guide of what a "ReMix" is, and reach the quality bar. I know I just said a whole mouthful of information, but I definitely recommend looking around there and seeing the standards. I'd love to have you on, as we have quite a mish-mash of newbies and veterans, and one person has already claimed a track from seeing this thread here, but it would have to be one of the unclaimed tracks left and meet all those other requirements. Regardless of whether or not you choose to do it, I'd love to hear your old remix anyway! :P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Personally, if i could compose something solid i would take a stab at E-LE-KI Sparkle. I know i could write a set of lyrics for a character like Clawz and his tune could be remixed to become something cool-cat hip-hoppy. I do own fruity loops but i'm a complete n00b at it. Actually, Stevo - did you say you used FruityLoops at all? Or am i thinking of someone else?

D'Force Master would have to be epic, seeing as how it's like the Doomsday Zone of NiGHTS, lol. I know i couldn't even begin to attempt a D'Force Master remix.

Curious about Fragmented NiGHTS actually. Will you use that song to open the album seeing as how the music was used in the NiD intro or will the track be used to end the album?
Since the song is so short it might make a good intro track. I'm in two minds about this one as well. I could try and compose something in FLStudio and put a rap over it, seeing as how it's a short song. My music composing skills are not amazing though.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Sorry about not replying as fast as I should, been a bit crazy today! I saw your email and will respond tomorrow morning if I can :D (see? this is me forcing myself to stay on top of things)

I have FruityLoopsStudio and I mainly use it as a VST plugin for Sonar 8, so my knowledge of it is very rudimentary. One remixer on the project, ProtoDome, is an absolute genius with FLStudio, but he's also quite busy. Oh, speaking of, I might be going to England next May-ish since my brother is studying abroad and I pitched the idea to my family to go over and get him (an excuse to vacation there, and then bring him home).

If you don't think you have much to offer besides performance stuff, which some remixers are like, then maybe just wait it out and see what happens with what's going on currently, but don't ever be afraid to tinker and mess around with it. I'll get in touch with those people you suggested soon enough.

The tracklist will be decided whenever it gets closer to the release date. I would hope to keep it relatively close to the original order, and in-game order, but one never knows because the flow of the songs should still be good and I wont know until the songs start to solidify their shape how to work it.

Ugh, sleepytime now...*passes out on keyboard*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah, i see. All good. I might give it a shot or two to see if i can work anything but i'm highly doubting i'll have anything to contribute on a professional level. And don't worry, take your time on the emails. No rush :D

Where abouts in England are you heading? Do you know what region?

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Well, we've reached a milestone. After last night, the only open track left is Fragmented Nights, which I don't feel like forcing to be arranged (but I know someone who will do it if I ask them, we'll see). We've switched off the active recruiting for remixers until WIPs come in and aren't satisfactory or people drop their claims. This has been an incredible start to the project.

I don't know where I'll be heading in England yet, it'll depend on where my brother is going and where we/he decides we should visit. I know a few OCRemixers live over there so I may try to meet up with them and hang, and for sure will see about seeing other people as things solidify as well. :P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Well, we've reached a milestone. After last night, the only open track left is Fragmented Nights, which I don't feel like forcing to be arranged (but I know someone who will do it if I ask them, we'll see). We've switched off the active recruiting for remixers until WIPs come in and aren't satisfactory or people drop their claims. This has been an incredible start to the project.

Fantastic news! I'm glad to hear there is someone interested in making a D'Force Master remix. Can i ask who is taking on that job? It's a pretty big track to do, i'd imagine. It's nice to see things rolling along now.

Damn, 2011 really is a long way away XD;

-edit-
bLINd took D'Force Master? ....the name is familiar. I'm sure i've heard their stuff before somewhere. Did they do a track for the FF7 remix album, by any chance?

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Wow, I like what you all have. I have to admit I wasn't really sure of the amount of work that went into this, but now I know. If I could better play an insturment I would like to start my own project, but... I'm not very adept. I'm just glad that they're people like you who are talented muscians.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Fantastic news! I'm glad to hear there is someone interested in making a D'Force Master remix. Can i ask who is taking on that job? It's a pretty big track to do, i'd imagine. It's nice to see things rolling along now.

Damn, 2011 really is a long way away XD;

-edit-
bLINd took D'Force Master? ....the name is familiar. I'm sure i've heard their stuff before somewhere. Did they do a track for the FF7 remix album, by any chance?

Heh, I won't gush TOO much about bLiNd because I probably do that enough already. bLiNd is a fantastic OCRemixer who's done a plethora of tracks in the past, both for projects and just for himself, and is also a great person to boot. Yes, he did a number of tracks on FF7: VotL. Here's his OCRemix Artist profile so you can hear the stuff he's done:
http://www.ocremix.o...tist/4440/blind
I can assure you he will do incredible justice to the track. His wife, Jade, is directing the Wild ARMs arrange project, and bLiNd is co-directing that. I claimed the first track on the OST for that project, but it's definitely a lot of pressure because a) I want the song to be very epic :P it's a lot of pressure because of how many big names there are on the project (working with some of the artists you consider to be inspirations to what you do is...well, it makes you feel a lot of things) and c) so many other songs to do I hope to make it within the deadlines!

Edit: In reply to TORiAS, thanks so much! Really, we do this for the love of the game, and the love of the music. The short snipet you heard is just something to give a rough perspect of where this is going. That WIP was done by one person in a short amount of time since the start of the project, so it is really only a taste of things to come. And just keep practice, doing what you love, and you'll get to where you want to be in time.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I knew i heard the name bLiNd before! He done JENOVA Celestial for the Voices of the Lifestream album. TRiPPY loves that song and i used to play that track when i would do runs through Phantasy Star Universe. Awesome! Kudos for aquiring him for this project. The fact he's doing D'Force Master is epicly amazing! Just when i thought this project couldn't get anymore cool points, it just went and done so.

I've not had the chance to play Wild Arms before but the music has always been quite nice. When is the album due to be completed? I'm going to check it out.

And the fact that you're working with people that inspire you is a great feeling. I's happy for you, dude. Go show them what you can do, man! I'm looking forward to the final product, for Wild Arms and Lucid Dreaming :P

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
And now, ladies and gentlemen, we unofficially have our very own DiGi Valentine on the project. If all goes well, he could be laying some lyrical madness on top of theshaggyfreak's rendition of "The Mantle". Now, since the song is far from done, this is yet set-in-stone, but so far theshaggyfreak seems to like the possibility.

If the smile on my face is coming through as I type, I apologize. :)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Smile on your face? People, the smile on MY face is greater still! I was just given access to the project forum and let me tell you something -

THIS. WILL. BE. AMAZING!

Naturally, i can't give out any details on anything unless i'm given instructions to do so but ....oh MAAAN! I just listened to a few work-in-progress tracks and it's all gonna be beautiful. And these were just the WIP's. They're not even finished tracks yet, no where near.

If you're a fan of NiGHTS music, be excited for this. This one will make your 15th NiGHTS Anniversary special, without any doubt ^__^

As for me possibly lending some rap vocals to 'The Mantle' remix thats going down, that's just a bonus in my eyes.
Stevo, depending on what happens with ShaggyFreak taking me on for the project, i may need some advice on decent vocal recording. I won't take up space in this topic to talk about it but i might need to ask some questions over at your project forum, if that's ok. ^^;

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts

Smile on your face? People, the smile on MY face is greater still! I was just given access to the project forum and let me tell you something -

THIS. WILL. BE. AMAZING!

Naturally, i can't give out any details on anything unless i'm given instructions to do so but ....oh MAAAN! I just listened to a few work-in-progress tracks and it's all gonna be beautiful. And these were just the WIP's. They're not even finished tracks yet, no where near.

If you're a fan of NiGHTS music, be excited for this. This one will make your 15th NiGHTS Anniversary special, without any doubt ^__^

As for me possibly lending some rap vocals to 'The Mantle' remix thats going down, that's just a bonus in my eyes.
Stevo, depending on what happens with ShaggyFreak taking me on for the project, i may need some advice on decent vocal recording. I won't take up space in this topic to talk about it but i might need to ask some questions over at your project forum, if that's ok. ^^;

Dude, that's what our forums are for. There's a whole thread on samples and musical stuff, and I'd be glad to assist in helping you get good vocal quality. Thanks for all the good talk about it, man! Yeah, those WIPs...they blew me away too. Haha and here we are talking about it, just teasing everyone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users