Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Doctor Zhao's Content

There have been 18 items by Doctor Zhao (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#30865 Kichi's stuff

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 18 December 2007 - 01:28 PM in Creative Stuff!

Holy holyness, that is pure awesome. Very nice work =0

#30201 NiGHTS and Reala Voices

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 14 December 2007 - 02:17 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Urgh, I can tell NiGHTS' voice is going to bug me a lot. The only thing worse than bad acting is a bad forced accent. "Let me goew!" Nobody pronounces "go" like that. Anywhere.

It's probably not as noticeable if you're not from England, but to me, it sounds terrible >:I

Reala's voice isn't bad, though. I was expecting him to sound like a creepy Disney villain and say "NYA HA HA!" after everything. This is much better.

#28325 An analysis of Reala's voice clip

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 01 December 2007 - 10:38 PM in Creative Stuff!

Didn't someone mention SEGA saying the characters use a made-up language and none of it is English?

#26119 NiGHTS into Dreams for PS2

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 20 November 2007 - 03:08 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

It's all good to me. I doubt they'll change the gameplay physics, and I already have a PS2 so it's going to be cheaper than buying a new Saturn and the game on eBay.

#25756 The SEGA FTP Update Thread

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 18 November 2007 - 09:20 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Is it my computer, or is the Aqua Garden music on the FTP faster than 1UP's version?

EDIT: Comparison: 1UP & SEGA FTP

#25365 Huge IGN Update

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 15 November 2007 - 08:23 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Wizeman is looking very cool. This cat boss is a nice thing to see after that lizard boss; it has a great design and looks like a fun fight =D

#23982 1UP JoD news all week! :)

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 06 November 2007 - 09:10 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Island level music in MP3 form. Loop to your heart's content!

I am so glad the soundtrack is turning out so well. The gameplay is looking great, albeit a little too easy still.

Why do they always have some incompetent oaf at the controls when they record this stuff? Paralooping thin air and completely missing everything. Damn them all to hell! >8(

#23892 1UP JoD news all week! :)

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 06 November 2007 - 01:27 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Do you really need super awesome graphics in My Dream? The main feature of it is the 'pians and how they develop. I see it as more of a mini-game and I'd rather they spent all their resources on the main part than one that only requires a simple world.

You have to consider how many 'pians are going to be there at one time as well, I doubt it's limited to just 5 or so like the chao garden in Sonic Adventure. With 20 of them running around with all the furniture they bring in, not to mention the ground shape becoming more and more complex, it's going to be using a lot of hardware and the frame rate will drop if it's too detailed.

#23692 American NiGHTS site OPEN !

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 05 November 2007 - 02:18 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Woo, that's a lot of screenshots. The game is looking a lot more complete now, glad to see they still have all the different types of loops, I forgot about those.

Helen's face in this one made me laugh xD
Posted Image

Oh and personally I think NiGHTS looks a bit retarded in that 'You win!' shot. I hope it's just the result of lower detail in multiplayer.

#22892 New Vid from EGS Mexico 2007

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 29 October 2007 - 05:07 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Posted Image

I like this tutorial part. A chance to fly around with no time limit and mess about like NiD when a boss dies.

Also, this is probably earlier footage, but NiGHTS' animations don't seem as 'smooth' as they were in NiD. I'm talking about the transitions between poses he makes as he changes direction. And he doesn't seem to be flying through the air, but more like... swimming.

Blah, I'm just being picky, the game is looking awesometaculastic...al.

#22652 American NiGHTS site OPEN !

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 28 October 2007 - 12:54 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Sounds like it's a fan-site kit, a lot of game websites have them. You know, the things with banners and such that help you make your own fansite.

#22231 Nintendo Power Info

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 25 October 2007 - 07:17 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY

I missed your post, I hit reply and then went off to do something else. Didn't mean to completely ignore you :3

But as YamiLover said, what with the cards and magician outfit, he is somewhat like Jackle.

#22193 Nintendo Power Info

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 25 October 2007 - 02:39 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Jesus cake-mating Christ. I came to accept Jackle not being in JoD, but this replacement is just horrible! It doesn't fit the NiGHTS style at all :(

#22066 European Release Date - A-life and Online

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 24 October 2007 - 09:32 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Glad to hear the A-life is definitely going to be in JoD; it added a lot to NiD.

I hope the multiplayer is something more than the repetitive versus mode in the original though D:

#19965 Stuff about JoD from my daytrip

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 07 October 2007 - 01:53 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

OMG GUYZ MAYBE JACKLE IS THE OWL!!!!!1111šEãqZ†œå¹

But seriously, I'm already satisfied with this game. If I wanted to play NiGHTS into Dreams I've got it right here. This is something new and refreshing, and it looks just as fun.

#19834 Stuff about JoD from my daytrip

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 06 October 2007 - 08:55 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

GIIIIIEEEEEF!

The more I read about this the more I want it. Reala is totally going to die Darth Vader style :3

#19708 DAY 4 - REALA REVEALED

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 06 October 2007 - 12:05 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I always imagined Reala sounding like Isaac from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. (00:52 onwards) Edit: Hahah, totally wrong link in there, I hope nobody saw that 8D

An English accent would make sense though, seeing as everyone else seems to have one so far.

#9449 Even More Journey of Dreams Screens/+TRAILER&GAMEPLAY!

Posted by Doctor Zhao on 10 July 2007 - 06:32 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Hell yes, it looks great!

The Puffy wannabe at the end is what worries me in many ways, though. Firstly, it's horrible, especially with all the 'Yah! Guaaah!' crap. What's his plan of attack? Fall down until NiGHTS gets bored? Secondly, if they've done this to Puffy, what are they going to do to the rest of the nightmaren? I pray for the safety of Reala and Jackle!

Oh and something nobody has mentioned yet, NiGHTS breaking scenery with paraloops! The screen shakes when he does a paraloop on one of those stone circles, and you can just spot the hole in it later in the video.