Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1UP JoD news all week! :)

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Thanks to Kenneth for throwing this our way. Exciting news over at 1UP right now- a week of NiGHTS exclusives. This includes screenshots, nostalgia and interviews (with Iizuka none the less). So keep an eye on out that.

Today's the day of screenshots!

Like i said, 2 player mode is complete and sexy. The A-life enviroment is also looking interesting.

Keep checking back on 1UP for more news and goodies as the week goes on.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3163298

EDiT-
Also just in NeoGAF post more new screenshots-
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=205496
Thanks goes to Louis.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I love 1up for this. Awesome

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
It's about time this game gets the proper coverage and hype it deserves!

Now I have something to obsess over and actually wake up to all week. :) The game's looking GREAT, and while "My Dream" admittedly looks a little rough and the nightopians look awkward in some shots, we all know that gameplay's more important than graphics. The guys at NeoGAF obviously don't understand this and are only there to anger us (although the last image in the post made me laugh some).

1up has officially broken my internal hype meter. GIMME. Now. Now. Nownownownownownow!!!!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Notice how the Thursday news image has a picture of NiGHTS laughing? That's new artwork! Yaaaaay. I wanna see new art. ^_^

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
.....*splodes*

What the L is up with that big scarey blimp in most the garden screens?! XD

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Notice how the Thursday news image has a picture of NiGHTS laughing? That's new artwork! Yaaaaay. I wanna see new art.

That art is like, exactly how I've always wanted to draw NiGHTS. They need to release that in full!

Alos notice, at the very top of the page, they seem to have the official HQ image for NiGHTS as he's winking, that one that was on that Japanese folder.

And regarding Reala, and the Pians.... something inside me just let out a little squee. Messy.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*gets a mop*

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
What a bad NeoGAF thread to link to. Although I do agree, the A-life enviroment looks severely early. I know it's free and comes with the game but sheesh. It literally looks like an alpha. I know the Wii can do way better than that. The main game is still looking great but the other modes desperately need polish. The game comes out in only a month and, unless Sonic Team further delays the game, it won't be enough time. Oh well, I'll still enjoy the main game anyway.

This has been a good week so far though. First Super Mario Bros. 3 and Alien Soldier come to the Virtual Console, and now we get ourselves a week of JoD updates at 1UP. I hope tomorrow's update will bring more positivity.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah the nitpicking sucks but i think it's only fair to show various opinons on how the game is turning out. That way we know what to expect. The A-life garden is in SEVERE need of backdrop/hills/bumps/ANYTHING. I'm hoping they really pull something special out their creative bums at the last second.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. thinking about it, perhaps My Dream is supposed to look rather naked when you start, meaning you pretty much 'build' it from the ground up..?..

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm hoping so, rather than just being a flat field of collectable objects.

*~ChAoSkY~*

*~ChAoSkY~*

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:-~~Videogames: <br />Klonoa, Sonic, Rayman, Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, NiGHTS.~~ <br />~~Anime and manga: <br />Inuyasha, Case closed, One piece~~<br />~Drawing~ <br />~Cooking~ <br />~Swimming~ <br />~Crafts~
The Pian garden looks a bit horrible and dull, i hope the get that fixed and polished before release. >_<
Otherwise, the rest of the pics are looking pretty good! : ]

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
This... is the best thing I have ever read....

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Notice how the Thursday news image has a picture of NiGHTS laughing? That's new artwork! Yaaaaay. I wanna see new art. ^_^

I want it too. TTwTT I'm so happy that NiGHTS is finally getting some good attention.

Pians look funky to me. D:

Textures are waaaaaaay too low-res.

NeoGAF is like the 4chan of the gaming world, it needs to go down in flames. Sparkly NiGHTS-ish flames. I say we bomb them. ._.

(Psst, NeoFAGs: It's NiGHTS, not n-i-g-h-t-s. doingitwrongGTFO.)

PS: Reala has LIPSTICK. :blink: omgyay

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Damn you Trip! You made me squee like a twat again with that 1up link! >_<

lol, but yeah, all that's been said about the pian garden I agree with. Looks too bland :/ But yay for the garden being there in the first place, right?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
lol WHY IS THERE A CAR?! A ROCKET CAR?! XD

Those Nightopians- I love them! They remind me a little of how I like to draw them. (I say that as though I draw them like that on purpose. lol)

Wow... its gonna be all funky here in FL. Gonna be raining all the time, stop for five minutes, come back as a hurricane.. lol the game won't let you play anymore because you have to evacuate...

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
>.< Somebody please post the 2-P pics...

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

PS: Reala has LIPSTICK. :blink: omgyay

I <3 Reala's lips/lipstick.
^_^
I think its secksy.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Today is just one update after the next !

The Jap site has been updated with Will and Helens Profiles (showing some new CG stills).. and the trailer everyone and thier aunt has been seeing for a good month or so now...

EDiT : oh Shiz. Overlooked this.

And a whole new section detailing the different gameplay elements opened to top things off.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Sweet, hope the English page ain't far behind

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Wow... its gonna be all funky here in FL. Gonna be raining all the time, stop for five minutes, come back as a hurricane.. lol the game won't let you play anymore because you have to evacuate...

If that's the case, I'm changing my location on my Wii! XD

I can see it now:

*is playing in 'My Dream' during a storm* Lalala~

*NiGHTS pops up on the screen* o_O Uwha?

NiGHTS: *clears throat and sighs* The National Weather Service blahblahblah... =='

._. Lovely.

XD NiGHTS weather warnings!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

I <3 Reala's lips/lipstick.
:wub:
I think its secksy.

Me too! He got sexy~

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

>.< Somebody please post the 2-P pics...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Me too! He got sexy~

@w@ I demand a plushie of him.

NAO.

The pink neckruffle is still bugging me though. :wub:

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
What's up with the NeoGaf hate? In all honesty, 'My Dream' does look awful. Beyond awful even. Other than that, the game is looking visually solid for the most part. Nothing mind-blowing, but solid. I didn't think I needed any more proof that a delay was needed, but wow, there we go. :wub:

Other shots (the ones that don't show the models up close) seem to be the best ones on show, so at least in the main levels as NiGHTS it won't look too bad.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

What's up with the NeoGaf hate? In all honesty, 'My Dream' does look awful. Beyond awful even. Other than that, the game is looking visually solid for the most part. Nothing mind-blowing, but solid. I didn't think I needed any more proof that a delay was needed, but wow, there we go. :wub:

Other shots (the ones that don't show the models up close) seem to be the best ones on show, so at least in the main levels as NiGHTS it won't look too bad.

Well, the 1up.com says that the "My Dream" place will look plain at first. But then when you start collecting them dream critter, they bring items with them and they change the leveling of the ground and stuff.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
It's not that it's bare, it's more just the:

Posted Image
Horrible weather effects

Posted Image
Low resolution textures

Posted Image
Models that wouldn't look out of place in an N64 game

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oooi, I see now. Yes, Now, I agree. they need to poke at those graphics a liil more.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
JoD hasn't gotten it's 'polish' yet guys, remember that.

SEGA YOU BETTER FIX UP THOSE TEXTURES AUGH.

@@ I'll explode if I turn on the game and see those pixelated lightning bolts in My Dream.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
The graphics aren't bad, they're retro! *shot*

I do admit though that some of the shots are reminiscent of late N64/early Dreamcast graphics quality. Tolerable by us because we're all ravaging fans and will drool at ANY new screenshots, but unacceptable by any other kind of gamer (even general SEGA fans). Besides, in all honesty, if you compare the likes of Sonic Adventure 2's core game and the Chao garden we're looking at two entirely different levels of polish. I don't think it'll end up hurting the game that much if at all.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Do I spy poles in the 2p mode?
Oh God, thursday is an Iizuka interview. >.<
Everybody remember the last one?

Interviewer: how do you play the NiGHTS?
Iizuka: NiGHTS is a game that captures the sensation of flight.

Glad to see more pians. Hey, what's this deal with Pian statistics? Are they going to make Pian/Nightmaren/Mepian/Badpian/Superpian races?

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Those pian pictures looks like testing grounds.

and...

Posted Image

Pink nails? Reala gets manicures. :D

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Okay, I believe I wanted to say something else, but after the comments about Reala... WTF, PINK?!!! Oo' *wonders how many members of the staff Reala's put on his must-kill-list, and how many ribs Jackle cracked laughing*

EDIT: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *glomps the pian wearing the wizard's hat*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ok. People, check this right here. The game is set to release within how many weeks time? About a month. Ok. Now that we got that cleared up, lets also not forget the fact that this game needs to be pressed to discs, packaged and shipped to all the shops maybe 3 or 4 days before it's actual release.

So..with all that still to get done before it hits the shelves, i honestly think Sega have about 2 weeks left to actually finishing 'work' on the game. And, i dunno about you but, two weeks ain't gonna be enough time to spruce up that Pian Garden, sadly :(

Remember that just because the 'release date' is in 4 weeks time doesn't mean they finish making the game in 4 weeks time. I'm pretty sure they have to finish a while before the actual deadline. Sega have maybe two more weeks of production time left. Three at the most.

In any case, i'll ask a bunch of questions when i'm up in Sega's face on Monday.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
My little idea based on what I know about game making shnuff (Fullsail crap). @w@;; Usually there's two groups in game making. Those who does the insane math programing side and those who creates the pretty graphics and models. While the programmers is working out the features and debugging, the designers can be working on detail models on a seperate computer. This can be happening at the same time...to save time. It isn't hard to replace certain models with updated ones when it's asked for by the programer.

Though that's my guess on the situation with the pian garden world. It really does look like they're testing stuff. :o ...Or It might actully be that dissapointingly crappy.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Hmmm.....well that seriously looks like a testing ground, the Pian Garden. But, I don't think I'll mind too much if it's not spruced up to perfection, it's not the MAIN gameplay and that's looking gorgeous for a Wii-based game. And the two-player stuff is so fantastic! And Reala doesn't look TERRIBLE....I still thing the mask should go if not lose the feathers...and I wanna poke that pink/purple ruffly thing on his neck! *shot*

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Wow I'm loving how the 2p is looking! I was getting hyped up while viewing the new screens! Very very nice! The My Dream Garden could be better and, OMG I didn't notice the digital lightning bolts until Louis pointed it out! Thats funny! ^_^ But I really do hope they fix it, cause if the lightning looks like THAT, the other weather elements probably look just as terrifying. But other than that everything is looking Beautiful! Can't wait to play!!!

I'm also looking forward to the interview with Mr Iizuka *is anxious*! But until then I'll just enjoy Tuesday's and Wednesday's news....hmm...I guess I'll stay online so when 12am comes I can view Tuesday's goodies! *is making coffee* Yep ^_^

And Reala... *drools* I'm loving the lipstick...Very smexy indeed!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I'm starting to think the new Reala has some Clawz in him.

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
AWESOME

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

I'm starting to think the new Reala has some Clawz in him.

Wha..... Clawz? Really?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users