Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

MORRiS1113's Content

There have been 33 items by MORRiS1113 (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94445 SONIC Colors - Review Video

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 19 November 2010 - 08:13 AM in Community Corner

just thought I'd share a Video Review of the latest game in the Sonic series. Sonic Colors.
check it out if you want.

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/_Lvp3GuBM1k

#93250 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 03 September 2010 - 07:46 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Certainly some interesting news. It's good to see NiGHTS is still on the mind of people at Sega. It's better than being essentially abandoned like some other franchises like Panzer Dragoon.

To add on some of what's been discussed about JoD, I agree with some of what DiGi and Viper said but I have my own idea of why JoD got a generally lukewarm reception. The game overall lacked focus and coherence. Yes, it tried to add new gameplay ideas, but the problem is when you try to make a game with a proverbial buffet selection of gameplay you need to design the game well enough that everything goes together well otherwise the final product will feel somewhat slapped together and people won't enjoy it. Few games seem to pull it off nowadays.

If a game has focus and development is central to one or two big ideas, the game feels more complete because there was more work put into fewer ideas. This in part is why I think the original was so well received from a gameplay standpoint. It knew what it wanted to be and pulled it off brilliantly. JoD's meandered too much in my opinion. It wanted to incorporate a lot but I'm willing to bet the system change and production troubles made it hard to realize those ideas.

If you are a fan of the original like you say then this statement utterly confounds me. Two reasons why.

1. If you didn't like racing against the clock why did you even like NiD at all? To its very core NiD was an arcade style, time based score attack game with very few frills. Score attack was the very heart of the gameplay yet you say it wasn't your favorite part. What was then?

2. You suggest part of the reason you enjoy JoD more is because you like to cruise and explore. If so then why isn't JoD more frustrating to you? A fair chunk of the levels don't even let you explore then in their entirety if at all. The only ones that consistently do are the bird chase sequences. Sure you have unlimited time when you're a kid but considering that most all the levels are designed to be interacted with in the air, unlimited time seems pointless when you're landlocked and you're still on a timer the moment you dualize, just like NiD. At best, the freedom to explore in JoD is just as bad if not worse than NiD from my perspective. In what way do you think it's better?

I also don't like how you're generalizing and giving reviewers and consumers so little credit because frankly you're wrong. Game Informer is a poor example because they're a terrible magazine. That they're owned by Gamestop itself makes their journalistic integrity dubious at best. Anyway, companies like safe bets. That's why you see so much of the same on the market. That doesn't mean that's all consumers want or that they're incapable of appreciating something inventive. If that were the case, how do you explain the recently released LIMBO getting such critical praise from all sides? What about Shadow of the Colossus frequently being considered one of the greatest games of last generation? Don't paint in broad strokes.

Shadow of the colossus is graphically impressive as to be expected because there isn't much to it. there is plenty of exploration which could go on for hours. yet its empty, aside from the 16 colossus, there isn't much else to do, i love exploration, but it has its limits especially when your pretty sure there's nothing at the end of the tunnel. i already explained why i like the exploration in a recent post, there are only 3 of them and they aren't that long, the forest may seem long only because it has multiple paths that will lead to the finish. and to answer why isn't it more frustrating. well i have 2 answers,
1. it shouldn't be MORE frustrating, as apposed to the first one, this one has a variety, not that I'm disliking the first one, it was the first game.
2. i believe i mentioned CRUISE & Explore, the cruise would imply to the flying, if i wanna just take my time and fly, then i will. i find it relaxing to cruise in flight just to get away from some of the gory games. if i wanna be fast and rocket my way through the air to catch a bird, then i will.

lets see, why do i like NiGHTS? ya know, i get asked this a lot... and idk if ive been able to give a straight answer, ill try my best though. even my friends ask me what i see in it. and they never challenge me either XD afraid of the piping hot a$$ whoopins a paraloop will give...
hrmm. i guess it starts with the old commercial where they openly mock the PSX, "Never not anywhere, But especially not on that other system"
that probably sparked the interest cuz it was hilarious. how i felt about the game when i played it. it felt different. the surroundings were new, back then the graphics were impressive. by retro standards they still impress me. so i believe the commercial was honest in that part saying there was no other game like it, and i can agree, through all my years of gaming, i haven't played anything like it, its fluid. and im flying. IM FREAKIN FLYING MAN, THAT'S AWESOME!!! and i was sorta Sonic obsessed back then, so speed was an awesome thing for me, which of course the first NiD had a lot of. never had an analog so i used the D-Pad, OH the blisters on my thumb, i could tell u stories LMAO. the music of course i loved right away, but like i said before, Sega would always get the best out of any game they made. now aside from showing off with scores, which aside from the score-attack lovers. it was very hard to find anyone back then or even today who really gives a care about the score or rank. now a days they can and do make games very hard, where just saying you were able to beat the game would give you bragging rights. The whole atmosphere of the game was just great. i hope this clears it up a little, ive gone on to long. if you don't wanna read it fine. if u wanna call me a blasphemer. well that's up to you. but im not gonna worship the ground the first game's on, its a great and awesome lovable game that will always be in my top 10.
that's that.

#93237 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 02 September 2010 - 11:28 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Not head to head in the same sense as in NiD though; there, you fight him directly, with drill dashes and Paraloops. In JoD it's less direct because you only can toss the Mare Balloons at each other (adding the option to still be able to hit each other manually would be cool). I think the balloon toss can stay as a 2P match option, but nothing beats fighting each other with no barriers in between. Again, puzzle elements or other elements can be added to mix it up, but NiGHTS and Reala should be able to attack each other directly.

that may still be possible, well 1 sided really, Reala will go for the balls, but who knows. maybe if ur quick enough you can paraloop him. i never got him but i keep trying XD

#93231 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 02 September 2010 - 06:27 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

To wit, there are many elements that JoD has that can make it feel more 'complete' than NiD; things like being able to exit or restart a level from the pause menu (something the PS2 NiD has to a lesser extent, I believe), being able to fight Nightmaren as a standalone mission, extra 2P modes, getting bonus points for doing tricks through rings is cool, the concept of a lot of the new missions was sound (just needs a stronger scoring element a lot of the time, something that keeps you in the mission longer), where NiGHTS was concerned, and the idea to infuse more story bits is admirable (though a different approach may have been preferable.. still like the idea of Storybook style cut scenes). And a lot of the new graphic designs are prettier (still like those calligraphic score emblems). These sorts of things should certainly carry over to the next game.

In turn, a lot of what is wrong with JoD stems from the removal of elements from NiD, something a sequel should never do. A sequel should build up gameplay, not take away things that made the original game fun. The fact that NiGHTS can't air brake is weird; there's no stunt ribbon, no true head to head with Reala, the kids being unable to explore the levels and do their triple jumps like before.. we've gone over these things so many times but it always bears repeating, since all these things are such easy answers in regard to what needs to be done to make the third game more satisfying.

Since Iizuka and Co. have feedback now, maybe they can realize they didn't need to change so much of the gameplay for JoD. They don't need to fear restoring the Ideya Capture missions from NiD, since in this case we kinda want more of the same. Instead, they should play around with adding new twists to the classic style play. Maybe have missions where the Captures require something different to overload them. Maybe you have to bust different things, in different ways. Something new with the rings. Not every level even needs to play the exact same way. There's sooo much that can be toyed around with the basic structure of NiGHTS gameplay that has yet to be addressed.

yeah, they can be very creative. i wouldnt want every level to be a repeat, it was nice for the first game but that was so long ago, we can do better now. i have to keep this short.

oh btw what do u mean no true head to head with Reala? i thought the final battle you got with him was pretty head to head.

#93229 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 02 September 2010 - 12:32 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Nope, sorry. That's a bit farfetched now.

NiGHTS into Dreams felt VERY different in terms of how the concept of time was against you in the game. JoD altered it to a point that it wasn't even the same threat anymore. That's where the game fell off and fans couldn't get to grips with how JoD played. It was different.

The thing with NiD was it taught you how to squeeze fun into every available second that you were dualized with NiGHTS. The game was crafted with the point of collecting the Ideya's in the level and if you wanted to further challenge yourself you would relap the stage and chase time down to the very last second to get those scores. JoD butchered that concept by removing the Ideya goal and have you chasing birds instead. You were no longer trying to chase down every last available second you had when dualized, you were now responsible to chase after a solid object moving around the level. And once you had you could no longer relap.

The flow of the game play was MAJORLY changed. And when the flow of gameplay is changed hugely like that it then changes the overall feel of the game itself.

And i highly doubt you could count 32 levels over 6 when everything outside the flight levels was gimmicks and unneeded fluff that derailed the whole point of playing NiGHTS in the first place.

I really don't think you should be coming in here and asking this community what we wanted from a NiGHTS game when you yourself have clearly overlooked one of the main fundamentals that structured the experience of NiGHTS in the first place.

i can see and understand your views. and i haven't overlooked NiGHTS race against the clock element. I admit its not one of my favorite parts of the game. I do like a challenge every now and again, and often do test my skills against that bloody thing, but i also like to cruise and explore.
NiD is pretty much forcing you to be on your toes the entire time, its hard to savor moments for a lot of ppl when your in a hurry, if in the middle of flight you lose time, you fall out of NiGHTS, lose whatever score you had planned to get, now your on foot again, which at some times you would think would be one good way to explore but no, time is still on your behind, you have just enough time needed to probably collect a bit of what you dropped and find your way back to NiGHTS before those... whatever they're called, time clock ghosts come and get you. id like to savor moments, but being rushed is hardly helpful, if you loved that way of experience, not saying it was horrible, then power to ya.

the levels in JoD for most levels gave you more free time, to do whatever, you didn't have to go for NiGHTS right away, but u would eventually. the essence of Time is still there, just far more merciful which is not a bad thing. the other levels. idk about you or other people, but i personally love the forest exploration level as Helen, the music and the experience of being in the woods like that has a feeling to it that i haven't felt in a game sense the Sega Genesis days. best example would be Streets of Rage 2, which is probably even more odd XD, Octapaw.. sure ill let you have that one... but there were other interesting levels. taking a step away from the race against time and being more innovative.

if you wanted some levels where your have that experience of having your time be your worst enemy, that's not to much to ask.
but just asking for the same thing is like the ppl who want a remake of FF7, its prettier and looks brand new and like nothing ever seen.
but all in all. ITS THE SAME THING. and thats what the vast majority of gamers, Don't want to see in a sequel. I can definitely see your point. and
maybe should a 3rd game be considered. perhaps they'll fix their mistakes and add some of that old element back. and also keep some of the new.
its a good combo. but don't hate change.

#93226 Who are you in your dreams?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 02 September 2010 - 11:02 AM in Dream Discussion

im usually myself yet very embarrassing cuz im hanging with my hero's and then i say something stupid and get all awkward

#93225 Do you like Owl?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 02 September 2010 - 11:00 AM in Poll Area

well... hard to say, i guess he's all right. he kinda plays a role. in fact id say he would more then likely be in charge of the dream gate which would make him a key role, but in the long run he is just like Omachao from Sonic Adventure 2, serves very little purpose but is there to help should it be needed.

#93224 If Jackle was in JOD, How would you picture his voice?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 02 September 2010 - 10:57 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

YOU WANT THE HONEST ANSWER?

He probably would be like all the other bosses and NOT have one, minus a lil chuckle or something every now and then.
the Jackle is just like the Chamelon Card Shark, just less random

#93222 What do you name your NiD new game?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 02 September 2010 - 10:53 AM in [ARCHiVED] NiD Discussion

funny story

i actually named mine ( What the fuc* )
FOR A REASON, originally i let it be NiGHTS which is the default save name, why change it.
but after i beat the game, and saved, then restarted the game. the file was GONE. self deleted due to lack of battery life.
so out of frustration, i put the letters WTF!? for the name and pressed start then beat it again, from then on. it actually saved.

well DAMN!!! LMAO
now im stuck with a retarded file name that was an accident cuz my saturn's a jerk lol

#93221 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 02 September 2010 - 10:43 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

its gonna be a lot harder then just making it like the 1st and to meet expectations.
the vast majority of reviewers these days in short believe that if it doesn't have the fallowing 3, the game sucks
1. FPS
2. Blood
3. gore
4. optional (tits)
everyone's a critic, and you cant please em all. in fact I'm more then certain that half the reviewers on these game magazines haven't a clue.
Best example. a few months ago, when Clash of the Titans was in theaters, they mentioned it in Game Informer Magazine and said that "its gonna, or is nothing more then a God of War Rip off." Man, my cousin and I nearly keeled over from laughter, as this clown of a Reviewer had no Idea, that it was a Remake of the old eighties film.

that's only a taste of some of the trials we're dealing with, People with no clue of what their reviewing and hardly do research if any about the material it spawned from.

as for material itself, I'm sorry but Journey of Dreams didn't do anything wrong, OK it sorta changed how Ideya Works but its not like that really mattered a great deal. The overall Execution was poor. but JoD was NiGHTS Into Dreams just with More Levels (32>6) Any day. only worth mentioning complaints is its Wiimote Gimmick sucked, and NiGHTS had a very questionable voice which started a lot of controversy. and last, some minor graphical errors. AKA Owl's twitching feathers. so im just mind blown, what the hell did you guys want out of this game that you didn't get?
someone please share because I Don't get it, and I'm one of the original cult fallowing fans.

But i hope that if NiGHTS 3 or 2 if you prefer. gets a go ahead, id like to have its developers be professional and part of the Original Sonic Team. and
not one built off newbies or Fan bases,because its just a way that will probably result in Disaster. Rarely does it work, and if it does its likely due to a bunch of failed experiments *COUGH*SONIC*COUGH* but there is always Hope. so lets all Hope for the best, and love what we get

#93187 NiGHTS 3?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 31 August 2010 - 11:45 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Sigh. i really wanna do a rant right now, but its to early, and its NOT ABOUT NIGHTS, no. its more about the fans, but aside from them. NiGHTS 3? itd be cool, just dont be like the first one. i could and will probably explain later why that would be a bad idea if this game was beyond its rumor stages.

but ill quickly say about NiGHTS 3, that by now since we have 2 games. there is NOW a standard formula that NiGHTS fallows, my main worry is if it would stray too far away from it and or be to close where you might as well play one of the others.

#93027 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 23 August 2010 - 03:04 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

its better

#92940 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 19 August 2010 - 08:29 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Unfortunately JoD was not a case of SEGA listening to fan demand or demand in general. All that nice 'listening' stuff happened after JoD came out. The reason the game was rushed was because they knew it wouldn't sell well and shifted it to the Wii half way through development time because they knew the Wii was a popular console, especialy with children, who this game was aimed at. I'm not being nasty, it's the honest truth, i wish it wasn't >_> JoD deserved to have more time, money and attention put into it for it to be a fully successful sequel to the Saturn original.

I'm always going to prefer NiD over JoD personally, but I do agree that a lot of things were done better in JoD that I loved the pants offa. It's a shame that some kinda combi experience could not be created of the good points from both games to make it more agreeable to everyone XD I think people bash it too much, but at the same time i think a lot of people feel forced to find something they like about it sometimes. It should come naturaly. The NiGHTS fanbase is a hell of a lot easier to please than the Sonic fanbase since there was only ever 1.5 games. Most of us have the same general thoughts on aspects of JoD that went well and didn't go so well. People who say the game is 100% bad are lying to themselves a bit i think. There were parts i found myself enjoying.

its intention probably, but i look at it as a whole and not for who its intended for, it may be, NiGHTS into dreams was just 1 game for 11 years so there wasn't a large standard to fallow aside from the basic flying through rings which is here now.
and Sega probably made a good call in the end to make this game for kids, as i said in my other TOPIC, The Wii back then was considered a family friendly console which it is, and the NiGHTS game has been dormant for over ten years, and aside from us the cult followers which may be a big number to us, but not to Sega being they have to make money off this. Parents and kids would go to the store, look at this game, and consider it just another family made game for the wii, to be clear, i would find it hard to believe that everyone would remember NiGHTS into Dreams, aside from the small crowd which owned a Sega Saturn, Lets go back in time. like many people back then, including myself. not everyone could afford more then one video game console at a time, the prices were expensive, especially on Sega's end.
so we do have to take into consideration what Sega's dealing with. they cant always afford to please cult followers as much as we would like, they may throw a bone to us every once in a while like with Sega Superstars Racing, at least he's in it. but it doesn't mean Sega's forgotten us either.

more then likely because before we're NiGHTS fans, we're the first generation of Sega fans who probably had their Megadrive(Genesis) and stuck with them to the end. so of course we're on their nice list.

but in short, you shouldn't have to force yourself to like JoD, it should come naturally and the nostalgia is still there,
id bet if anyone put the thoughts out of mind that it wasn't made how they wanted, and looked at the game as a whole and for what it is. they'd find its a great and worthy successor to its predecessor.

#92926 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 19 August 2010 - 03:10 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

Thanks. Usually when I say I don't really like something that most others seem to like, I get attacked by people, usually rabid fans. Thank you TRiPPY. ^^ I still can't believe I got a response from you. ^_^

Thank you. I'm glad that there's someone who agrees. Don't get me wrong though, I am not saying NiD was a bad game either, I just liked JoD much better. I probably would like NiD better if I could actually play it like it was meant to be played, but I still would probably like JoD better. I guess here are my reasons.

-First of all, I usually like underappreciated games very much and I have seen very poor reviews for this game with BS/no reasons stated.

-I do agree with all of your reasons. I wasn't caught off guard with NiGHTS voice though because I had never played the original until recently. (I do admit that the girl that did the original "Dreams Dreams" did redeem herself with the Sweet Snow version. XD)

-I guess part of the reason I like JoD better is Helen. I do have a bit more of a soft spot for her than any other dreamer because she is very similar to me. We're both blonde violin players that usually spend more time with friends than with mom.

-I never really tried the Wiimote control scheme because it was a bit hard to move around, but I don't find the Knunchuck controls difficult at all, unlike some people. Granted, when I first tried, I was a bit out of control and kept going up and down trying to center myself, but after a few minutes, I learned how to move NiGHTS around with ease.

-Sometimes I do find Owl a tad annoying, but he is not the worst tutorial character I've seen. I mean, when I was younger, I wanted to see Omochao die, so I would throw him into things/shoot him/send him flying into space. And don't even get me started on Navi... >.>

-I don't know about most people, but NiGHTS and Reala look better in my opinion in JoD than in NiD. And I'm not saying that just based on the graphics of the game. I do like the character designs better. Don't ask me why, because I don't exactly know why myself.

-I think the voice acting is pretty good and certainly not the worst I've ever heard. (Helen did irk me a bit by the way she said fragile, but it's still good.)

-The story is nice and made this one of the few video games to actually make me cry. (other examples being SA2/SA2B, Shadow the Hedgehog, Disgaea, and a few others.)

-This has been one of the few games so far that I've actually been able to beat my brother at. XD He sometimes even asked for my help. :P (I haven't played against him in NiD, but I would probably be better than him in that too.)

-I like how they offset the constant use of male pronouns for NiGHTS with the femine look and female voice actor. (I'm not sure if they intended it to be this way, but I still like it.)

-It's for a system that I actually own. XD I never owned a Saturn and I hate how many games won't be put on the Wii, because I don't own a PS3 or Xbox 360. >< I'm glad this is a Wii exclusive title. :D

That's it that I can think about at the moment. I think that whatever fans of the original should not degrade JoD and instead appreciate that SEGA even made a sequel, because it's usually rare that big companies will listen to fan demand. SEGA does love NiGHTS very much and probably rushed the game a bit to be able to give the fans a game they waited 11 years for. I mean, NiGHTS made cameos in practically every Sonic game from his creation until his sequel. He even appeared as a flagman due to fan demand. I'm not sure if I would want NiGHTS to appear as a DLC though, because NiGHTS does look quite awkward when not flying, as shown in the Sonic Riders series. I don't think NiGHTS would exactly be one to race in a car/bike/whatever else they have in that game. I'm glad that JoD exists because otherwise, the only way I really knew him was seeing his cameos in my Sonic games. (namely SA/SADX and SA2/SA2B) NiGHTS has been a big inspiration for me, and I think he's the one that helped me start doing the things I should have been doing to make me a better person. (When I first saw JoD though, it kinda reminded me of Peter Pan. XD)
I, to tell the truth, haven't really played JoD recently, but I have been playing NiGHTS all the time in SEGA Superstars Tennis that I rented from Gamefly. I should probably stop typing and maybe get back to playing NiD on my emulator. XD NiD is a good game, and yes I think JoD is better, but why I'm playing NiD more is because I already completed JoD. I got it the day after Christmas last year and completed it, all A ranks and Dreams Drops at New Year's Eve. It took 5 days and 25 hours of playing, But I beat it. And it's the first game I ever got all A ranks in. (the only other one being Shadow the Hedgehog. I think by now, most of you can probably tell that my two favorite SEGA characters are NiGHTS and Shadow. XD) Anyway, I think I'm fan ranting again, (Which I do really well.) so I think I'll end this post here. Hopefully there are others around that won't be afraid to admit that they like JoD better. ^^

thats a nice read. but thats my story and im stickin to it. not saying JoD is perfect, it too has issues like the graphical errors like Owl's feathers in his face twitch often and Nights's cubed fingers make for an eyesore in the last scene when he reaches for Will's and Helen's hands.

and im amazed you got that unstable emulator to work XD

#92917 Does anyone actually like JoD better?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 18 August 2010 - 08:50 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

its not hard to admit. and im sorry if i offend any old school NiGHTS fans for my position
but i too was a great nights fan back when he was on the saturn, and i have the saturn and game to prove it.

but Journey of Dreams is an All around way better game then the last one. not many of the fans want to acknowledge
that because of the nostalgia the first one was and probably because they expected the world in the long awaited sequel
and didn't get it. ill explain why Journey of Dreams is better, Note, when i say better. that doesn't at all mean the first game is
bad. cuz its not, its still one of my favorites of all time. and always will be. but am i just gonna fallow the cult followers and choose it over JoD only because it didn't meet THEY'RE Expectations and label it a bad and unworthy sequel? NO!

first off, the 1st game had 6 levels, JoD has about 32 or more IF NOT 32
you could complain that most of the 32 levels are just the same thing like fallowing Octopaw etc, but that's a pointless argument considering the first one had only 6 levels of Exactly the same thing. fallowing that complaint would be the score system which is still there, the game is just more merciful which is probably for the better, but the overall rules haven't changed. you still need a C or better.

the score for JoD is likely and i can be quoted on this, probably the best video game OST that I've picked up, every piece in this soundtrack is memorable and not at all dull, the first one shares this too, so it can go either way, but SEGA was never a company to produce anything other then the absolute best they could get out of a game. JoD just has a larger Library, not counting all the remixes and special scores the first one got.

we all know NiGHTS for the most part is Genderless but referred to as a MALE, but i never minded his voice, and that's probably because i grew up liking MEGAMAN, and if you've played Megaman 8 or X4, then you'll know his voice was also young. cant really complain there but even I admit, when NiGHTS spoke with that voice for the first time, i was caught off guard and managed to udder the words "THE HELL!?"

Character development, is much better this time around. Elliot and Clarise are awesome, but aside from Elliot's love for Basket Ball and Clarise's goal to be the next Twin Seeds Idol, not to much is explained, other then the obvious of what u see happening in their individual scenes, as opposed to JoD when they go to a new world or nightopia they explain why it looks the way it does, how it effected then in their life and why they love it, and they mention their parents often, even Reala and Wizeman have more screen time. but ive gone on too long.

ONE MORE THING. i dont know about you, but im not alone here, in believing that the end song Dreams Dreams that was sung by the children in the first game... THOSE KIDS BUTCHERED THAT SONG. it was so laughably bad. but in JoD those kids have Talent. anyway. im out.

Edit: i don't wanna come off sounding like the guy who makes fun of the original fans, cuz i too am one of them. but i wanna say that I've chatted with many original NiGHTS fans, and they're reasons for disliking JoD were worthy of calling B.S

But if you have your reasons for believing the first is better, THAT'S ALL FINE AND GREAT. and for whatever reasons doesn't make it any less reasonable then mine for believing the second is superior. everyone has a different outlook on things. so feel free to agree to disagree,

#92906 Sega's turn of events of a new age

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 17 August 2010 - 06:27 PM in Community Corner

I've been out of this site for a long while having been busy with work and other things, but I'm back, and just wanting to get my thoughts out in the open about what as far as I know has been going on in the Segaverse.

it was about after E3 where you can start calling that Sega's got something going on. or has it appear to look that way, I have not seen, Sonic get so much hype in Years. naturally Sonic 4 which is hyped probably could be the come back that Sonic and Sega needs, its almost fan made, the same with Sonic colors being that one of the ppl that worked with Sega said that Sonic colors was like Unleashed with its day time levels but without the wolf which nobody liked anyway, so Sega is now listening to the fans almost to its where we're now calling the shots, but not. everyone wanted Sonic to go back to its 2d roots, and he has. everyone complained Sonic Unleashed would have been the sh!t if those stupid wolf levels were exiled, and we can pretty much say that with Colors, that's now happened, or happening. at this point, everyone's hopes are now pretty high.

for the passed few years when it comes to Sonic, there would always be a key thing wrong with it somewhere, and Sega would do a shitty quick fix and pull a new game right out of their a$$, for example. the dark brotherhood. i only heard about that game in an article hardly a month before the game was released. now thats pullin one out, MGS4 took 4 to 5 years before we finally got it. and by shitty quick fixes, they would try to put elements in the Sonic Universe that was SO unnecessary and god awful, like the RPG part or having a sword. im sorry, but that a Sonic game does not make. as the AVGN would say " a quick buck for a sh** load of f***. this is just the rant part, because for me its long overdue.

not getting to excited for things, we just gotta wait and see how it plays out. OH and what i found hilarious, is the fans, now i love Sonic and Sega cuz i was there in their prime and before, but the fans that watch these new trailers and instantly start blabbing the " Sonic's back betches and Mario's gonna now fail big* its at fan talk like that, that i find hilarious. i mean honestly how can they insist on keeping the war between Sonic and Mario up? that war was one by Mario Many years ago after Sega lost the console market to Sony, im sorry but until Sonic makes a triumphant return with an actual good set of games, He's not even on Mario's level. at this point, even Mario wants Sonic to have a good game. but ok im done ranting. back to the stuff at hand.

porting NiGHTS on ps2... i don't know to much if Sega is gonna go through with that. its possible. and if they are really showing interest. a PS2 port for PSN store and XBL would probably be the better route. but at the same time, a ps2 game roughly is 4 gig's big, so that's a lot of data, especially for the xbox users cuz not everyone has those 120 gig hardrives, like myself. but I've had the ps2 import for a long time now so its of very little concern to me, but honestly, i find it shocking that the Game hasn't already been ported, because im not kidding, there is HARDLY any Japanese to the game, only the save data screen and the 2 screens of dialogue for Xmas NiGHTS, but that is it. Everything else is English, singing, text, option mode, hell they could release it as it is and there would still be no problem. in a way, it would almost seem like the game was originally English but patched for a quick Japanese translation that only covered the save system and some quick dialogue sequence. at least Sega's not doing as bad as Namco is, but probably due to poor reception for Journey of dreams, which is understandable, because aside from the NiGHTS Cult Followers, the game has been long forgotten so anyone body new like kids or non gaming adults would look at this game like another family fun wii title which was the biggest highlight of the wii when it was released. JoD probably would have did a lot better if they waited a little longer, cleaned up some of the easy eyesore polygons and released it for xbox360 and ps3, but thats just me. but heh, that's enough from me,

i probably should have made a Vlog out of this, cant really expect anyone to read it. but i got most of it out. feel free to agree or disagree.

#89837 So, no more NiGHTS?

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 21 March 2010 - 06:41 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

i dont care what anyone says. NiGHTS journey of dreams will always be better then the first one. i love em both. but JoD takes the cake

#88290 We didn't forget NiGHTS!

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 05 February 2010 - 12:29 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Dude ...really, what? How can you even be replying to this topic with those kinda points of view without reading the first post and knowing who S0L is? o.O

S0L is the executive producer from developers SUMO Digital who are making the game and just basically publicly spoke out about NiGHTS for the first time since i started this campaign. It couldn't get any more official than that.

meh well i hate long reading so XD

#88276 We didn't forget NiGHTS!

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 04 February 2010 - 09:34 PM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

Lol, Morris. Do you honestly think i would do such a bet in the first place if i thought i would LOSE? Come on now, we're talking hundreds of thousands of british pounds going up in smoke. I'm not an idiot. Furthermore, S0L himself coming here and telling us directly (further more giving us an exclusive) kinda does prove the campaign caused this cameo, at the very least. Otherwise why speak out about it at all if NiGHTS was there to begin with?

Anyways, let's just chill for a bit. DLC wise, i'm seeing people thinking NiGHTS will now most certainly be DLC but i ain't too sure yet ..so i'm considering a third wave of support emails. Considering. We'll see.

whats SOL? should i know what that is?

#88241 We didn't forget NiGHTS!

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 04 February 2010 - 08:27 AM in DON'T FORGET NiGHTS

i was quite surprised to find NiGHTS being in the game possibly because of the campaign, although i cant help but feel that... maybe he was supposed to be there in the first place. to put him in that quick... the timing is to good.

as for the bet in general. either way would have been funny really. kinda funny...

not really true but the bet caused NiGHTS not to be in the game playable wise. maybe untrue but funny if it was. then id be like "DA**** Digi! U HAD TO MAKE SUCH A BET"

but at the same time. id have brought popcorn to the event of them burning their nights stuff. would have been funny XD

anyway. we'll have to see how things go from here

#85635 *Christmas SPECIAL* XMAS NiGHTS INTO DREAMS

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 22 December 2009 - 11:42 PM in Creative Stuff!

Ooo.... Tis' the season to be NiGHTS-y. ^^ I'll keep my eye on this. Good luck to everyone at The Brotherhood of Gaming on getting this done on time and Happy Holidays (just to cover all celebrated traditions). :D I know editing can sometimes take longer to do if something comes up. (We NiGHTS fans are soooo getting spoiled this season. :))

happy to hear ppl are eager to see what we've done. the editing is going well. and we are very happy with the way its turning out.

once its done again ill re-post a link to it on Youtube

AND THAT VIDEO IS NOW HERE!!!

#85627 *Christmas SPECIAL* XMAS NiGHTS INTO DREAMS

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 22 December 2009 - 10:15 PM in Creative Stuff!

The video is Nearing its Completion. sad to see this topic hasnt got much attention. oh well. maybe after its released.
ill go as far to say this video is one of the best we've come up with

#85367 *Christmas SPECIAL* XMAS NiGHTS INTO DREAMS

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 18 December 2009 - 07:08 AM in Creative Stuff!

Posted Image

Hello EVERYONE AND MERRY XMAS TO YOU ALL!!!
im sure by now atleast Some of you are aware of what The Brotherhood of Gaming is. with the short time
we have been around progress has been very successful thanks to the viewers and supporters. and its time we gave a little back.

After a Very Productive and tiring weekend of video shoots, the Winter NiGHTS Into Dreams Christmas Special IS NOW HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY!!!

Once again we all thank you for the support as well as the support everyone off the forums give.

#83390 NiGHTS JoD Racing Tournament

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 27 November 2009 - 09:26 PM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

i think ill join

#83360 Morris1113 NiGHTS FAN ART

Posted by MORRiS1113 on 27 November 2009 - 04:55 AM in Creative Stuff!

this one was made to celebrate the 20,000 pageviews on my DA. a shame i didnt get that sooner
NiGHTS JOURNEY OF THE COLORED PENCIL's
If you wish to comment, do so at the original Source
http://morris1113.de...Views-144716884
Posted Image