Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS JoD Racing Tournament

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Video games. :)
The list will be pretty short. What I'll do is make a list of 8 players, and whoever signs up(even if the list is full)gets to join. Be sure to post your FC, as well.

Date/Time: Thursday, November 19th, 4:00pm PST(6:00pm CT, 7:00pm EST)

FC: 3738-4419-8627

Entrants:

1. MightytheArmadillo
2. Noctourne Wonderland : 1246-7536-5700
3. Penelopi : 0559-5969-0049
4. InTheNightLight: 3910-2791-6810
5. charlie: 2234-6293-7618
6. Huruyami: 4769-6205-3787
7. WATERLiLYCAT: 2664-4585-8291
8. Kamui: 0560-2146-5183

Everyone needs to register each other's friend codes. The matches will start out like this:

MightytheArmadillo vs Noctourne Wonderland

Penelopi vs InTheNightLight

charlie vs Huruyami

WATERLiLYCAT vs Kamui

I'll replace the numbers with the entrants name, as you see with mine. Be sure to sign up!(this board isn't very active...)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
That's a great idea,.. got a bit turned off to playing JoD's online though, had a bunch of connection issues.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Yeah this IS a good idea. What time would that be in GMT?

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
GMT? I believe it would be 5:00pm, I think. Try a Time Zone Converter. In fact, I'll try to find out myself.(you guys need to mention if you're joining, though :( )

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I regret to say that this will actually begin at 12:00am GMT. Thats probably too late, isn't it? I can't really do anything about Time, since we're so far apart. Unless, you want to come anyways. How did I find out?

http://www.timezoneconverter.com

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I shall toss my sparkly purple jester hat into the fray! Off to the Friend Code topic!

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
All right, sweet. Looks like you're my first victim, Noctourne! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*ahem*

Just thought I'd mention, its been rather stromy where I'm at, and I'm sure it might be where you guys are at too, with it being Autumn and all. So, incase of a Blackout and I don't show up, continue on without me. Just sorta bump the list down( 2. vs 3., 4. vs 5., etc). Just wanted to let you know. I don't think it'll happen, though.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Gah, I gotta force my Wii online. I'm a tentative entry until I can get my Wii online!

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Its cool, Kamui. I put up a Waiting List for those who aren't sure.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

I regret to say that this will actually begin at 12:00am GMT. Thats probably too late, isn't it? I can't really do anything about Time, since we're so far apart. Unless, you want to come anyways. How did I find out?

http://www.timezoneconverter.com

That's a bummer, though, for about half the fanbase. You could have two times/days for it and arrange the match-ups accordingly. I mean, everyone would have to report the results to you via these forums anyways, right?

I can do this race. There's nothing taking up Thursday afternoon. :) I actually haven't raced against anyone besides my brothers (and they stink at this :D) due to our household's past Wi-Fi/Verizon router fail, but now it's all good and running. I can connect any time I want to. I'm looking forward to racing against someone for the first time. :) Though because it is my first time, I'll probably suck. Must hop on my Wii this week~ JoD Friend Code: 0559-5969-0049

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Well, I kinda thought this is what might happen anyways. The Tornament list has no order really. You just battle the opponent that shows up in the list. Try someway to be online at the same time, and race! I don't think this'll be too hard, since races are relatively short. Also, I'm still wondering what the course should be, since there are 3 different ones. I say we go to the forest, but I wanna hear everyone's opinion as well.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
i'll get my friend code, but i would need a different time/day. that happens to be the one day this week when i'm actually busy. Jazz band FTW
is there a possibility that i could do it possibly. . .friday at. . .10:00pm EST?

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Well, not really. This week I'm actually free, but I won't be on Friday, though. If for some reason the Tornament gets dragged due to no-shows, I'll put you on the waiting list for now.

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, of course! I'm a Reala/NiGHTS fan, with either male or female NiGHTS....I'm sure at least half of the people here will now hate me and never want to talk to me. Joy!<br /><br />Aside from that, I like a variety of anime, so I'd be glad to chat about that.
I'd love to join, but I suck at racing. Maybe if I get my Wii hooked up tomorrow, I'll join.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
... :) r...racing...tournament...?!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

Count me IN! I'll find out my FC ASAP.

EDIT: My FC is: 3910-2791-6810

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Hm, I'm a tentative entry. Put me on waiting? I'm usually free around 7:00 on Thursdays, but I often get called away to do stuff short-notice so I might wind up being a no-show :) I'll have to find my code in a little while.

(If I do make it in, whoever races with me will be incredibly lucky since I suck at racing. I keep running into the spikes when playing with my brother.)

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Okay, on the day of the Tournament, if the list isn't filled in time, I'm gonna put everyone on the Waiting List in the regular List. That way, we can try to fill up the bracket. Its okay if you don't show up though. Whoever does will just race the next in line.

If the event of a person not having anyone to race, that person automatically goes to the next round.

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Sounds good. Before, and during the races if possible, it'd also be wise for everyone participating to log into the forums for proper communication (Or to be reminded if that's the case.)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Mighty, I'd suggest putting the days that waiting-listers are available next to their names. That way, you could find a good date if things need to be changed. :D

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Well, I don't think thats really neccessary, since everyone not in the waiting list will be available at the time of the Tournament. I'd really love if this gets over in the same day, as well. First come, first served.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Count me in! JoD # 2234-6293-7618

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
buuuuu I wish i could take part in this but I'm not allowed downstairs on the TV after 5pm my time :P If it was during the day my time i could maybe take part.... there again I've not raced anyone in so long I'm horrible out of practice since we moved to London.

I'm in the process of reuploading the Wii friends code page tommorrow so i hope this helps you guys connect with other players easier :D

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime
I would not mind as its been a while since I've raced anyone online (might be because no bugger is ever online any more) but i'm very busy a lot of the time with work and stuff so i dont think i'll be taking part. Good idea though.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Count me in for this. I'll edit my post soon with my friend code.

EDIT;; my FC is 4769-6205-3787

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Wow, this is going along SPLENDIDLY! This forum is extremely active. Thanks to all who have decided to enter!(just be sure to show up :) )

Just so this topic doesn't get flooded with posts during the Tournament that could make things confusing, feel free to just post comments on your opponents userpage. That way the races will go along smoothly.

I've also decided that the very first course(the beach or whatever)will be the racetrack. Could someone tell me what its called(too lasy/busy to check myself), so I can edit the top post with the correct title?

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I just got my friend code. 2664-4585-8291.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
All right, due to how close its getting to the Tournament, I'm just going to allow ONE more entry. Please be quick! First come, first served! Why am I doing this? Well since we're now short on time, 8 people will balance out the Tournament. :P

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

The racetrack will be Melody Forest. This is the track for ALL the races to be held.

I'd strongly suggest renaming your file to something similar to your username for identification. Like for me, I have it "Mighty A". Be sure to do that.

Still just need 1 more person. Once the list is filled, I'll get things prepared. Of course, you have to enter BEFORE the scheduled time of the Tournament. :)

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Wuh-oh, I hope dinner doesn't make me miss this. *Warily watches the clock*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Wuh-oh, I hope dinner doesn't make me miss this. *Warily watches the clock*

Flail your wiimote around from the dinner table and hope it works. :(

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
About an 1hour 30minutes till Tournament starts! I'll come to this topic about 20minutes before, and repost who's against who, the racetrack, and all that. Hope you guys are excited! I know I am! :(

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Flail your wiimote around from the dinner table and hope it works. :P

Will do! *Smacks brother with Nunchuck*

About an 1hour 30minutes till Tournament starts! I'll come to this topic about 20minutes before, and repost who's against who, the racetrack, and all that. Hope you guys are excited! I know I am! :)

YUS I R EXCITED. Watch me kill the WiFi, too, cause I've never online raced before.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
This is so exciting! I've only raced online against someone from Japan who made me lose spectacularly. :(

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Okay, after much fighting with Verizon, I have my Wii online and I have my friend code. :3

0560-2146-5183

I shall be reviving my Nightopians until the tourney starts. XD

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Congrats, Kamui, you're going to be the one to royally pwn my pixilated rear XD *Practices running into the spiked hoops*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Yay! Eight people! My name is set as NiGHTS (I'm creative that way), so I ought to change it to keep confusion to a minimum! :(

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Oh please you might win! The future is not set in stone~

Sorry just watched Meet the Robinsons. XD
(Yay, I got a new record fighting Cerberus~)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I'm excited. :D Mom's giving us dinner early so I can do this. She's picking up Chinese, I think.

I'd strongly suggest renaming your file to something similar to your username for identification. Like for me, I have it "Mighty A". Be sure to do that.

I didn't even think of that. Will do.
I love my iPod Touch. I don't have to hunt for scraps of paper and pencils to write down stuff for the consoles two floors down anymore. When the time comes, I'll put my computer on stand-by so I can run up and post real quick after each time. I'll get some exercise today, lol.

See you there, InTheNightLight. And if I'm lucky (cause I'll probably need it) I'll see more of you guys.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
SQUEE!!!!!!! RACERACERACERACERACERACERACERACE!! RACE!

As an extra precaution, I practiced on the Melody Forest Course(I usually suck at that). Wierd enough, I beat my top score... :D

Well, good luck, racers!

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Less than 40 minutes till the Tournament begins! I'll let you know when we will begin, so DO NOT POST AFTER THIS ONE! Here are the contestants and rules:

Racetrack: Melody Forest
(If for some reason you don't have this unlocked, hurry and do so now. If you still don't, I'll let it pass, and you can pick Random)

ROUND 1:

MightytheArmadillo vs Noctourne Wonderland

Penelopi vs InTheNightLight

charlie vs Huruyami

WATERLiLYCAT vs Kamui
----------------------------

IMPORTANT: Contact your opponent before the start, by posting a comment in their profile(comment, not PM). So we're not confused, this is how you'll be commenting:

MightytheArmadillo and Noctourne Wonderland will post comments on MightytheArmadillo's profile

Penelopi and InTheNightLight will be commenting in Penelopi's profile

charlie and Huruyami will be commenting in charlie's profile

WATERLiLYCAT and Kamui will be commenting on WATERLiLYCAT's profile
--------------------------

If about 20 minutes after the Tournament has started, and your opponent does not show up, the person waiting will have an automatic win, since the missing person did not show up.

REMEMBER. Do not post until I have given permission to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users