Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bellbridge and its Clock Tower

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I've been thinking about this for a little while now.

What are your thoughts on Bellbridge Clock Tower ? The original Twin Seeds tower acted as the main set piece for the original game, the last level was set around it, a tonne of the promotional artwork featured it alongside NiGHTS, it's where Claris finally performed, where Elliot and Claris met for real... It's pretty important to the game.

As you've noticed, Bellbridge Tower is following this same trend. Featured in a tonne of promotional artwork with NiGHTS, it's mostly always seen in the background of the movies somewhere etc.

What are your thoughts ? Think the last level will follow a similar theme to Twinseeds ? Will it be host to Helen's performance ? What about the wierd looking numerals around the face itself ?

I know the topics a little vague, but I'm hoping that there'll be some new light shed on this later.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I bet the bell we hear in the music pack is the tower.. what else to say.. hm..

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I noticed that with the numbers too, is it Japanese?

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Posted Image

Hm. If it is Japanese, it's a little out of place in such a British setting. .. Untill Seiya comes round or someone that understands Japanese can confirm, it's certainly up for theory. I thought Japanese just used plain old numerals though ?

I'm tempted to believe it's simply made up.. but why ?

It's certainly very similar to Roman Numerals. The symbol in place of 10 seems to act the same as X in roman numerals (IX = 9, X=10, XI=11).

However, the symbol for 5, V....

actually.. I think I've figured it. It's the same as V

Its I, II, III for the first 3. The the I with the bottom cut off and the I to it's left together = 5. And that works in the same principle as V.

In short mans terms. Its Roman Numerals. With different symbols for V and X.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
If what I heard 'tis correct, the town is suppose to resemble a clock.

It's pretty interesting, if you ask me, 'cause I love studying and looking at old and old-ish cities and scenery.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Those aren't japanese numbers unless you toss those first three numbers sideways.

They look like roman numerals in a funky way. Maybe that world has it's own language and number set?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
It's a clock.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

It's a clock.

We know it's a clock.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Kichi is all-knowing! >:3

Hmm.. I don't know.. maybe its another one of those things, where it shows how close Will and Helen are to each other. Just on the other side of that tower- and they haven't crossed paths yet. Like in the first one.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
It's the bellbridge equivalent of Swatch time. Teehee.

ITS A CLOCK NOVA :| *rolled up newspaper to the head XD*

In other thoughts regarding Bellbridge i wonder if Helen and Will actualy meet in this game awake/asleep as i really cant imagine romantic intentions between kids younger than Claris and Elliot. *shudder*
I really love the clocktower to be honest, but i wont overwrite TS tower, i just see them as being two different places. BBtower has DETAIL. I likes my details.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

It's the bellbridge equivalent of Swatch time. Teehee.
ITS A CLOCK NOVA :| *rolled up newspaper to the head XD*

In other thoughts regarding Bellbridge i wonder if Helen and Will actualy meet in this game awake/asleep as i really cant imagine romantic intentions between kids younger than Claris and Elliot. *shudder*
I really love the clocktower to be honest, but i wont overwrite TS tower, i just see them as being two different places. BBtower has DETAIL. I likes my details.

Purg: :lol:

....*Covers head* Gwaa! D:

I do see a lot of relations to this game and the old one. I don't think there's any romance involved if they meet but I'm betting they will eventully meet each other. I'm keeping my sibling/split family/whatever theory in the back of my head. :E

OR they can go all ARCHIE on our asses and say it's a PORTAL TO ZEH DREAM WORLD.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

OR they can go all ARCHIE on our asses and say it's a PORTAL TO ZEH DREAM WORLD.

I finally got my hands on those comics.. "They flew through the sky and went right into the ground.. Like TWIN-f*!*ing-SEEDS!" :lol:

*snort* Man I hate those comics.. it took all my strength not to tear them to shreds, because they belong to Alanora. XD But yyyyeah... I hope that nothing EVER tries to mix Archie crap in. Sonic or NiGHTS.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
You know, as apparently story-driven as this game appears tp be, it could many times more significant than the tower from NiD.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
>=3 The clock tower is the final boss.

-shot-

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
It probably is significant, but the tower looks really weird to me. :D If you look at it, the top part with the clock looks like its about the fall of the thin 'stem' below it.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

>=3 The clock tower is the final boss.

THREAD OVER. EZEKiAL WINS.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh yeah, this time there's no egg clock timer thingy. Instead the tower chases you.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
LOL
Remember that pole-dancing mini-game idea? It gets a little out of hand, and later involves the tower.

*shot*

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)

Oh yeah, this time there's no egg clock timer thingy. Instead the tower chases you.

Lol, it'll just follow you and take up half of the level as it destroys terrain, ideya captures, and the invisible walls that exist to confine you. Oh, and it'll attack you with CHAAAAINS (bondage).

*watches the clock instantly appear out of nowhere and destroy Donbalon's (sp?) entire stage*

By the way, that guy's eyes creep me out. : /

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
In an all out fight (godzilla style) which tower would win? That's the question tho.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Simple, Bellbridge would confuse Twin Seeds with its funky numerals, then kick it hard while it's distracted.

Or they'd just have a massive clock sized stare out until the thirteenth hour XD

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

In an all out fight (godzilla style) which tower would win? That's the question tho.

Twinseeds Tower would blind BellBridge's tower with it's funky light-type things...but then BellBridge Tower would come back with super high-detail Wii graphics and save the day...then NiGHTS would go super-maren and take them both down.

Xay

Xay

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Location:Scenic Chavland, United Kindom. Just passed the Burned Cars...
  • Interests:Composing/Writing/Getting Inspired by/Listening AND Criticising music, drawing, reading, comics, cartoon, playing video ga... You get the idea.

...then NiGHTS would go super-maren and take them both down.

Once again, EZEKiSL WINS. EXTREEEEME FATALITY. PERFECT!

Yeah! At the end of the game, Wizeman decides to Launch the Bellbridge Tower into space, then let it fall to Earth. Suddenly, the goverment realises it was Dumb enough to leave Nuke's plastered all over the inside, so it seems the Earth is Fucke. O BUT WAYT. Then suddenly, Out of nowhere, NiGHTS Pull's out the CHAOS IDEYA, And morph's Himself into SUPER NiGHTS, As he becomes all Red 'n Yellow, Reala into HYPER Reala, who's Red bit's Flash from red to Pink, and finaly MEGA Jackle, Who has annoying Gold Bird's Following him. They fight the ginat Marshmellow Monster that combines itself with the Tower. However, after roasting it alive and eating 'Smores, they realise that the Tower has become Sentine,t and falls towards Earth anyway. All3 maren perform CHAOS CONTROL, And the tower quickly returns to it's Normal place, Un-Sentient. Reala suddenly becomes Un-HYPER, And plummets to the ground and Dies (only to later get his own game, The House of the Reala, wherein he fight's zombies with machine guns to find his true purpose in life), Jackle becomes NiGHTS' Father, and later sorta becomes a Robot, after wizeman goes insane, Jumps into a Red Shirt and Black Overall's with a Yellow Cape, and declares himself the Almighty WIZE-EGG, And creates and Army of SWAT-MAREN, and Roboticizes anyone in his path (explaing why Claris and Elliot aren't in the Game). So, NiGHTS, Helen and William form a Band of Freedom Fighters, in witch NiGHTS Is bossed around by Helen, and William Idolizes NiGHTS And want's to be like him, until he sorta decides to kill NiGHTS, Causing a Big Fight.

SUPRISE ENDING.

Seriously though, as for the Tower, im not quite sure what's up with the Whacky Symbols. I think what Jof is saying about the Roman Numerals sort-of makes sense though.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Posted Image

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Posted Image

I think Sonic just lost his job.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

I think Sonic just lost his job.

I think so too! ^_^!

But about the clock tower, Maybe those symbols are something that SEGA made up, because it's like a cross between Japanese, and Roman numerals! Very strange and creative indeed! ^_^

But I'm wondering is Bellbridge's location close to Twinseeds? Are they some how located near each other? ^_^

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
:P Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE(^_^ Go Dreamer @ Sep 27 2007, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think so too! :D!

But about the clock tower, Maybe those symbols are something that SEGA made up, because it's like a cross between Japanese, and Roman numerals! Very strange and creative indeed! ^_^

But I'm wondering is Bellbridge's location close to Twinseeds? Are they some how located near each other? ^_^[/quote]

Actually, the way it's looking, they seem to maybe be in two different time periods. TwinSeeds was very 'Sonic-esque futuristic city', but BellBridge is really just a spiffed up, NiGHTS-ified London...with a cooler clock tower.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^

Actually, the way it's looking, they seem to maybe be in two different time periods. TwinSeeds was very 'Sonic-esque futuristic city', but BellBridge is really just a spiffed up, NiGHTS-ified London...with a cooler clock tower.

So is Belbbridge's time period set in the present?

Well either way, Bellbridge and the Clock tower look pretty cool! ^_^

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Bah. A plauge on the Bellbridge tower! A plauge I say!!

I don't like the look of the tower, although it probably will be significant in the storyline. I really like the look of the Twin Seeds Tower far more, compared to this Big Ben knock-off.

As to significance, I'm guessing this is where the final battle will be. The funky symbols will glow red, then a giant evil portal will form. Wiseman will emerge, blowing up the tower, and then Wiseman proceeds to destroy the town. Supah NiGHTS flys at supersonic speeds at Wiseman and pierces the evil Maren leader, with NiGHTS emerging from the other side, covered in blood and guts, with William and Helen cheering and hugging the blood-drenched NiGHTS..... Yeah, that would pretty much be the best game ever. :lol:

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
tut, tut, such violence. I personally think NiGHTS should defeat wizeman with the pure power of LOVE
-shot-

Maybe wizeman will possess it and it turns into some type of power ranger rip-off type robot?
-shot yet again-

:D

I think Bellbridge is a beatiful city. TOURIST ATTRACTION!

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.

tut, tut, such violence. I personally think NiGHTS should defeat wizeman with the pure power of LOVE
-shot-

Maybe wizeman will possess it and it turns into some type of power ranger rip-off type robot?
-shot yet again-

:wub:

I think Bellbridge is a beatiful city. TOURIST ATTRACTION!

I was actually sorta thinking something similar. *Hides in Bomb-shelter* Wait for me to finish my explanation...! *Hears gun de-cocking* Thank you.

Here's a shot in the dark, but maybe the Belltower has some sort of Clock-Maren Spirit-thing that Wizeman plans to enslave or something. (Royally p***ing off Reala (And his fanboys/girls) in the process, since he wouldn't be Wizeman's favorite pet anymore.) *Hears guns cocking, and inches toward the bomb shelter*

*Long Pause*

Or we can go the Archie way and say it's Wizeman's way into our reality. *Shot repeatedly before I have a chance to dive out of the way* Or not...

Madfish

Madfish

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:RPG's, Fanfiction, Sleeping, cartoons and comic

Hickory Dickory Dock
The kids flew up the clock
The clock struck one
Spoiler

::Looks at Xay's post::

And people say video games are bad for you <G>

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
When I first saw that picture I thought SEGA had gotten the Syntax for Roman numerals right, but it's not so simple. Most clocks that use Roman Numerals that I've seen mess up the four, instead of IV, they just put IIII. Because this tower is based off of Big Ben, I decided to see if SEGA's syntax matched the one on Big Ben. One quick image search later, and I discovered that that's just what Big Ben's face actually looks like. example

Not much room for speculation here...

And I'm hoping it sets itself to real time.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

When I first saw that picture I thought SEGA had gotten the Syntax for Roman numerals right, but it's not so simple. Most clocks that use Roman Numerals that I've seen mess up the four, instead of IV, they just put IIII. Because this tower is based off of Big Ben, I decided to see if SEGA's syntax matched the one on Big Ben. One quick image search later, and I discovered that that's just what Big Ben's face actually looks like. example

Not much room for speculation here...

And I'm hoping it sets itself to real time.

Thats not a mess up XD (IIII instead of IV)
Its actually tradition to do that or something. (Has to do with the balance between the VIII of its view or something? not sure and only what I hear about it)

IIII <- look in there and you can see that IIII does exist as a number 4 in roman numerals too. Also has some information on it.
Link to more information about the number IIII <- theory of it (Demotes about the balance thing)
IIII vs. IV

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

They fight the ginat Marshmellow Monster that combines itself with the Tower.

the stay puff marshmallow man from ghostbusters?

will: if you don't think of anything, then wizeman can't choose the destroyer! so clear your minds!
helen: ok, we can do it. minds are clear.
NiGHTS: yes, all clear.

wizeman: the destroyer has been chosen!!

*marshmallow attack*

will: no! we didn't think of anything!!
helen: it was NiGHTS' fault!
NiGHTS: i tried to think of something i loved that would never harm me! THE STAY PUFF MARSHMALLOW MAN!!!

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
We all know what the tower is.

NiGHTS planted bombs in there because he can't stand wil and Helen. So, the kids eat all the bombs and die. After they die, Wizeman blows himself up, and then the worlds are in danger. A quick call to Chuck Norris's power of over nine thousand fixed everything. Then the real surprise...

Belbridge is in Nightopia, and the tower is the remaining ruins of the grwat mother's kingdom.

EDIT: Just thought of this...

It's a clock.

-iLLiViAN

We know it's a clock.

- Kichigai

You're both wrong.

It's a clock TOWER. lolz.

Monophobe

Monophobe

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
What's to question? They're just standard roman numberals. Just a bit elongated on a clock face.

Ok, this isn't 100% the font used there, but it demonstrates my meaning. Fonts like that very often draw the V in such a manner, and the X commonly has a strike through the center.

Squash the face ones to be a bit shorter and Robert is your mothers brother, if you get my meaning (if you don't, work it out :rolleyes: )

Posted Image

EDIT: oh, and the 8 is still VIII, just look a bit closer, it's not 4 I's

....damn, forgot to remove the dot on the I on 5, but still, you get my drift.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
heh, well that little discussion sort of ruins a large chunk of mystique around the clock face's significance! XD Nice job with the detetcive work though! XD

Monophobe

Monophobe

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Sorry, but ya know, there were some truly lolworthy moments in this thread that had to be dealt with. Japanese numerals? Claims that Clock Tower* doesn't have proper numerals either - again, look at it properly, yes it does.

*Big Ben being a bell, not the clock or the tower that houses it and so not the basis for JoD clock :o

Anyway, you'd have felt like right tits if you carried on speculating over something that isn't there...........you're welcome ^_^

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
I'll claim all resposibility for the naivity of the numerals on the clockface, what should have been an obvious place to look must have escaped me 2 months ago. However, the topic was settled on the very same day the topic opened, when I realised they were just strangley font'd Roman numerals.

I didn't realise the face of Bellbridge was an almost carbon copy of Big Ben though.

Claims that Clock Tower* doesn't have proper numerals either - again, look at it properly, yes it does.

I don't seem to recall anyone claiming that.

*Big Ben being a bell, not the clock or the tower that houses it and so not the basis for JoD clock ph34r.gif

Doesn't alter the fact that 9 out of 10 people call the Tower [clock and bell included] Big Ben anyway.

Anyway, you'd have felt like right tits if you carried on speculating over something that isn't there...

The speculation ended on the same day it started. phosphorus merely brought up the subject again with a little welcomed extra info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users