Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DAY 2 INFO- TONS MORE NEW STUFF

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

A corrupting magnetic pulse send through-out the confrence, deleting all recorded videos.

That would be funny. But it seems that way at the momment doesn't it?

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
*still sitting in same position with eyes open and all puppy-dog-like and giant grin*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Dude, you're gonna be waiting for quite a while. XD;;

JadeMare

JadeMare

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
TRiPPY and Niraven, you two are my new heroes. <3 Much luff! I'm really looking forward to any more updates that come along. The game sounds so goddamn excellent. X3 My faith in Sega is restored!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
OMG OMG. I have been gone for too long. So, they've got the traditional controols, and a lot of stuff from the original is here again. Woohooo. They aren't screwing around.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
ive been busy, and have only been able to make short visits...
and today, there are too many things going on in my head to say anything intelligent:

fear
nervousness
excitement
SQUEEEE
Anticipation

and ALOT more, but words fail me to explain, at the moment.
i still cant shake my fear of what could still go wrong, but its getting better. :)
i'll try not to think about it too much. thanks so much for these updates. (happy cry)

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
*spontaniously hugs TRiPPY and Niraven* YOU TWO ROCK!!!!!! And NiGHTS ol' buddy, your European! CONGRATS!!! It's about time you guys got some attention, and I'm from the US. :) Anyways, I bet NiGHTS was reffering to Wizeman when Willy brought up the father subject!! CURSE YOU NIGHTOPIANS FOR RUINING THE MOMENT!!

Hey, have you tried Quicktime? Or am I too dull to see that you answered that?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Wait, I'm pretty sure we've imagined something incredibly similar to what's going on with NiGHTS and William before. I think someone from Sega is looking at these forums. :)

JadeMare

JadeMare

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Wait, I'm pretty sure we've imagined something incredibly similar to what's going on with NiGHTS and William before. I think someone from Sega is looking at these forums. :)

:(

foxboy39

foxboy39

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
More info!!! Awesome! IMO the English accent suits NiGHTS better than any other accent. Although, when William asks NiGHTS if he has a father, I infer that it NiGHTS is thinking about Wizeman, but I can be wrong.

Still can't wait to get this game!! :)

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
*Still sitting...*

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Much...but it changes everyday. Currently Dark Souls and Tokyo Jungle. Oh, and NiGHTS, duh!
There's an impression on Gamespot about the game... http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/nightsj...tml?sid=6177427

GC '07: NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Impressions
We watch a short, dreamy level in Sega's upcoming adventure.
By Joe Dodson, GameSpot
Posted Aug 23, 2007 2:57 pm PT

We recently checked in with Sega at the Leipzig Games Convention and got a second glance at NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. First, we saw the presenter choose between a sleeping boy and a sleeping girl for his character. Once he chose the boy, the game switched to a cutscene of the lad playing soccer with his dad, and busting all manner of fancy moves. Then, the scene turned grey, Dad got into a car, and our hero was left alone and scared, crying in the center of an entire, evil soccer team with red, glowing eyes. But instead of wetting the bed and hitting the meds, you do the right thing and enter the dreamworld of Nightopia as a fancy-dancy NiGHT in order to battle the Nightmaren forces.

Upon entering the world of Nightopia, you're still in your normal, human form, and you're faced with a hub full of dream doors. Our presenter entered one, and found himself in a verdant green zone full of bright rings, hills, waterfalls, and a huge, golden orb floating on a chain like a metal balloon. He climbed the chain, entered the orb, and--TA-DA--, turned into the flamboyant harlequin that NiGHTS fans know and love. From there, he spotted a bird with keys he needed to catch. So off he flew, loop-de-looping in midair and dashing after the troublesome toucan.

Contrary to normal notions of flight, you can't go just anywhere in NiGHTS; you're actually flying on a 2D plane that bends around the level on a set course. You can move up, down, back and forth, but not to your left or right. It's like if you took a side-scrolling shooter and wrapped it around a big, crazy shape--in this case, a floating mountain racecourse. In his pursuit of the bird, our presenter darted through rings and hit speed boosts to bring himself into range, then leapt on the beast's back and stole its keys. From there, he had to fly to the end of the racecourse and deposit his plunder for a grade.

But that was not the end of the birds or their keys, because another appeared and had to be caught along a slightly different course that led through crystal-cave waterfalls and rosebushes. Once our presenter caught up to that bird, he had to catch another, at which point he had enough keys to beat the current stage and unlock the next. After dispatching the flock, we were shown the game's first boss fight: a game of topsy-turvy pinball against a fat, evil clown. If you've read our first preview, you already know how this battle unfolds. You must knock the ball-shaped clown upward through an obstacle course and into a crystal at the top, killing him.

Victorious, our presenter ended his session to great applause. We only got a brief taste of NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, but it was nice and sweet. We can't wait to tell you more about this game when it ships in the fourth quarter of this year.

It seems to confirm, once more, what we learned yesterday!!!

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
And here I went, spending the last couple of weeks missing my boyfriend and obsessing over Doctor Who, and what happens? EVERYTHING! XD; I wish I could stay up all night, but hey, I'll just hafta get up early and check before work...

But anyway! HOLY CRAP! English NiGHTS! Feminine, but that somehow doesn't bother me at all! Freedom to explore, levels to expand, mini-games and possibly 2P! Reports of good music and gorgeous FMVs! The "My Dream" area sounds like a sort of Chao Garden!

And best of all, backstory! NiGHTS reminiscing about Wizeman = YEA-HAAAAAHHH!!!

Come down from a Doctor Who fandom high, and I'm launched right back up with NiGHTS. And both are English! That's it, I'm booking a flight out the first chance I get! :) Thanks so much to Niraven, TRiPPY and DiGi for keeping us up to date! You guys RAWK!

boon

boon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I would like to hear Niraven's opinion on the quality of the voice acting. Is it terrible like the Sonic games, or is it actually pretty decent, maybe even good?

Also, could you ask why NiGHTS hasn't been given any hands ons yet from the press? It's strange that they have yet to allow the media to play it, yet it seems to play just fine.

And finally, I would like to know how the graphics are. How do they compare to to other Wii games? To Super Mario Galaxy? Hows the frame rate? I hear it chugged between 20 and 30 FPS last time it was demoed before GC.

Ok, I think I'm done now.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
*dies from sleep deprivation* Goodnight all!

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
Alright, new morning. It was a long night trying to fix everything, not to mention after we left the convention and got on the train for dinner, then one the way back the door jammed at our station and we missed it because it wouldn't open. Lovely. The next stop? 25 minutes away in a very fast train, darn. Took a taxi home from the next station, then got back to the hotel and tried to answer some questions sent to me before falling asleep.

But thank goodness for a new morning! Answering a quick question I noticed earlier:

Does NiGHTS' voice make her sound younger or older?

The answer is older, as in an adult-type voice. It's not a child's voice in the least.

Finally sent a video solution to TRiPPY and DiGi. The video files worked on all the other computers we tried, so I have no clue what's up there. Also, we tried more than e-mail. We tried two ftp server downloads, and it didn't work for them, either. Sometimes computers are just stupid like that, but in a last attempt (not really, I'd keep trying if it didn't work), I've sent an e-mail to TRiPPY and DiGi that should work regardless of files.

Also, I mentioned I answered some of your questions last night (or at least tried to). I'll copy and paste them here:

Jof -
One question I'd like to see her ask the reps over there, is what SonicTeam thought of Project SEGA 2007 ! Whether it influenced them any, or if they appreciated all the hard work that went into it.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge none of the developers are present. The reps at SEGA are more involved with introducing us to the games and explaining them rather than actually being an interactive part of development, so few of them, unless they are actual fans of the game, would have much of an answer to that. If you really wanted an answer, it'd be best to ask someone working at SEGA of America, not the European reps.

--------------
Innotech -
HOW DOES THE WIIMOTE CONTROL OPTION WORK?
I think its a pretty fair question. Is it waved around like the trailer says? How does THAT work?

Other than the gameplay video I sent to Trippy (hopefully uploaded by now, no thanks to the technical problems we've been having), I haven't been able to personally see any real sensor action with the Wii-mote. The only mode I've seen so far is normal gameplay with NiGHTS. However, when Daniel was playing as the children, he jerked the Wii-mote up a bit to make the character jump it seemed. I'll try and figure out more about that next visit, as it'll be then I'm also going to try and convince him to explore the other modes (like 2 player).

From what I've heard of the kids throwing things in the game (I've not actually seen this), it would seem to me that's where the interactive portion of the Wii-mote would come into play: perhaps flicking the wrist to throw something. Again, not sure though.

----------
Jof -
"The persona mask idea has been scrapped, eh ?"

There's been not a hint of news about it since their first revealing, and since then, not a hint of news remains on either SEGA website. No screens. No mentions in any magazines other than the initial few.

I'd also like to know if the owl has a name.

I haven't seen any sign of the mask concept yet. Of course, I've only been shown initial early parts of the game and various missions/dreams. However, I don't believe it's been scrapped. You see, the mask icon is still in the logo. If they weren't going to use the masks anymore, I think they would have redone the logo. One could argue it's a simple “design”, but I tend to think not.

The owl has a name, yes, but when we first saw the tutorial we weren't able to hear anything. I'll try to keep in mind to ask for it again tomorrow and see if I can snag it for you.

I'll answer the rest later. I have to run to CAPCOM now for a private showing of Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. I'll check back later: check your e-mail admins!

HyperShadow

HyperShadow

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
excellent update!

seems to me like the wiimote isn't being used at all when you play as NiGHTS, but I really don't think that will be the case with the final game.
I mean, come on - you think Sega will allow NiGHTS 2 to be the lamest wiimote user of all the wii games to date? (jump little boy, jump!!) I think not.
My personal opinion is that the wiimote controls are still a bit glitchy, so they have been simply disabled in the demonstrations. Full game will still probably allow controlling NiGHTS' flight with the wiimote, and as an alternative to NiGHTS purists, the nunchuk can be also used to play the game using "classic" controls. That's my opinion at least, and I really hope I'm right!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
@_@ OK OK I'm awake *staggers in*

I'm on it!

*staggers off*

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
OH MY GOD.

thats all I can say right now.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Thats some great news.

Thats the only real problem I had with NiGHTS into Dreams... they didn't have enough FMV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users