Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DAY 2 INFO- TONS MORE NEW STUFF

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet...ey/ofdreams.htm

More from Niraven!

Anyway, I just got back from another session of NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. Our wonderful demo guy unlocked new stages, even with new storyline info! You're gonna go crazy.

ADDITIONAL MISSIONS ON ALPS CHASE:

Alps Chase Links Mission:
You goal in this mission is to fly through the rings and get as many links as possible. During this stage you will follow a flying octopus that looks like it's swimming away from you, only it's flying. It's very small and you can't catch it, but it makes you want to chase it faster and also helps lay out flight path for you. The little guy is blue. Our demo guy played as William. In the beginning of this stage, you meet the octopus with NiGHTS and William. It sees them and immediately runs away. William exclaims "Hey, he ran off!", to which NiGHTS replies "C'mon Will, shall we have some fun? Let's follow it!" They agree and put their hands together (palm to palm with one hand). This is where gameplay begins.

Alps Chase Grab the Dandelion MORE STORYLINE REVEALED:
The beginning of this mission drops a bombshell. There's a movie scene where William is running through a field (not corny like you may be thinking, he's just jogging a bit), and NiGHTS and the owl are there. The sound was unclear for the first part of the scene thanks to neighboring demos, but we got the juicy part. After the owl disappears (not like anything he'd say is really important anyway), William says to NiGHTS "Look, Dandelions!" He explains to NiGHTS how his father used to take him to a field full of dandelions. By his actions and voice, you can tell it meant a lot to him. He turns around and says "Do you have a father NiGHTS?" NiGHTS avoids the question for a moment and thinks, before replying "Well... I guess you could call him that..." Then the subject is dropped because a bunch of Nightopians start flying around in front of them. "Wow, Nightopians!" "Don't they look happy?" Suddenly a dark hole opens up in the sky and starts sucking up the Nightopians. William exclaims "They're being vacuumed up!" and NiGHTS says "Well, shall we help them?" They nod to each other, do the hand touch, and then you start the stage.

Alps Chase Grab the Dandelion GAMEPLAY:
This is a very confusing mission because all your hints are in Japanese. You fly around a little island (and I mean around in a circle, like a Merry-Go-Round, only with free movement on that path). The Nightopians are hanging on to dandelion tufts. We tried grabbing the Nightopians with NiGHTS' grab function and we also tried grabbing the giant dandelions below, but nothing seemed to work as it seemed they were either in the foreground or the background. Our demo guy lost that stage and I don't speak enough Japanese to know what the hint said. The demo guy (I'll just say Daniel from now on, as that was his name) said that SEGA was looking for someone here who speaks Japanese so they could tell them what the hints meant, therefore they could unlock more stages everyday. They're still looking, but with a little luck, we'll have a ton of new things for you! The Game Over music is also exactly the same as the original NiGHTS Into Dreams. Additional details: you have a small map in the bottom right of the screen that shows you where the Nightopians and where you are so you can get to them faster and easier. Once all the Nightopians are sucked up, you've failed your mission.

NEW LEVEL: MY DREAM:

This is the beta level I was told about earlier. I convinced the guy to show us what it looked like. It's strange indeed. You start out on a small plaza area. It appears other than the small world you're in, there's nothing but sky. The ledges drop off into sky. On the left is a little scenery, a bench, not unlike the park from the beginning of the game. On the right is a door like the one you entered at the beginning of the game, that leads to a new level/dream/world. The picture over the door is of a Nightopian. You walk down a staircase from the small plaza area to walk into a perfect square field of pink flowers. Since it's beta, it's a patterned texture of flowers, and not actually a field of flowers. All around the field are these strange Nightmaren that resemble dogs, that float around, high or low. They constantly open their mouths like they're barking, but no sound comes out. Their bodies are made up of the orange globs that can hinder your flying in Alp Chase (they look like globby circles, quite simple). The dog has red and green ram horns, a blue crest/mane, and an orange face. I made a quick sketch of the creature while Daniel was playing, to which he exclaimed "Wow, you really are a strange one!' You see, we're not supposed to record any video or let character designs leak, but you can't come up with a rule like "no drawing in the demo room". Also, it was weird for me to suddenly say "Could you go back to the dog so I can sketch it really quick?" right after I gave a long explanation of "recording the controls" to really get sound and music for you guys. But it worked! The sketch is rough, but not far off what it looks like, so you should like it. It stays true to the bright/rich colors of the original Nightmaren. The owl will pop up around the edges of the field to give you hints, but again, we have no clue what to do as it's in Japanese. Also, the level is still under construction obviously as at one point, a dog got stuck in the corner of the field, and suddenly half its body just vanished out of nowhere. Then the owl that was trying to give us a hint got stuck inside the stuck dog (since the owl can be found in corners) and we couldn't talk to it anymore. I'm sure it won't be like this in the final version, but it was very strange.

NOTE ON THE OPENING MOVIE:
After Helen runs with the Nightopians, more footage was shown of NiGHTS leisurely flying around, twirling, running a finger through the water as she went flying down the river. It's got a wonderful feel to it, and after that, the title screen opens.

NOTE ON NiGHTS' VOICE:
Again, NiGHTS has a very feminine voice. After we got to hear her more, we also discovered she's got a bit of an English accent as well. A bit strange, but a heck of a lot better than an obnoxious American voice-over in my opinion, as they are all to common (sadly, especially with SEGA).

NOTE ON THE OWL:
The owl acts as a hint system in the game. After you meet the owl for the first time, posts will appear in various locations with a spinning yellow dial near the top. On the dial is the owl's face. These are hint posts where you can talk to the owl for help.

NOTE ON NiGHTS IN THE PARK:
After watching the intro scene and having free access in the park, and after doing the tutorial as NiGHTS, you can freely explore. NiGHTS will hover behind the fountain near the doors, and it would appear you can freely talk to her if you like.

NOTE ON THE DOORS:
Above each active door is a small round stained-glass window with an icon or picture in it that reminds you which level you're entering. For example, for Alps Chase, the icon is a snowy mountain. In the level My Dream, the icon was a Nightopian's head/face.

We'll be checking back with SEGA everyday for more updates and to check out what Daniel unlocked for us. Attached in this e-mail you will also find the sketch I made of those weird floating-dog Nightmaren. It's rough, but I did a quick quick brush over to show how the colors look. Sorry for the poor quality, but I really don't have much time as we have to go talk with CAPCOM and EA here pretty soon. I'll send the video footage/sound in a seperate e-mail since they're so big. That's the update for now, feel free, again to barrage me with questions.

~Tawny Ditmer (Niraven)
GameLegend

English accent yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss mcbadass. This is really really sounding awesome.

We'll hopefully be able to sneakily hear NiGHTS' voice by the end of today :( stay tuned!

PS) remember to list your questions before i get home so i can give them to Niraven.

PPS) those dog things are Shleep incase anyone doesnt know.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Thanks TRiP and Niraven ^_____^!

So, sounds like there's multiple missions to do besides the normal storyline one 8D! Sounds also like this game has a bit more of a 'open-ended' or 'free-roaming' aspect to it 8D!

I'm as well happy that NiGHTS sounds British. Imma gonna enjoy listening to her |3. Now I know that NiGHTS probably isn't going to be all "Like, William, can we, like, visit Wizeman now? Like, seriously, you're boring D8!" like most American Girls I know talk >_>''.

I still want to know about 2P, if you can get a chance to try it :3.

w00t first post 8D! No one knows about this, I guess >_>''...

Edit: I thought it might've been Shleep Niraven was talking about. 8D!

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
This doesn't seem terrible (breakthrough), so long as the score attack gameplay is an option in each level, I'm there.

There is a traditional gameplay style option, right?

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Oh GOD I want the game now, buuut it's obviously not finished.

NiGHTS with a Brittish accent? I kinda like the idea. So... how does William sound?

Tashayarna

Tashayarna

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:plushies, NiGHTS, Pullips, Fashion, J-rock, the japanese, kawwaii lol
squee! A game for us for a change ^^ english accents rule! ^^

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Woo!! But, need some dirt on the moosic!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
lol those hand segments made me snicker

Is that like a fusion like from DBZ or DBGT lol

FUSION HA!!! NiGHTS appears with a sick blonde hair style

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Awesome. <3

1. What's the music like?
2. What about 2 player?

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Hey, I'm getting a feeling this game's not going to be bad now! I can just imagine it! I'm trying to imagine the cut scenes in my head, I'm liking what I see. Of course, these are all really good looking, CGI stuff. And the Shleep back only means one thing: Those annoying dash-sucking Maren are probably back.
What's up with that "My Dream" thing? A level design? I don't know.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
I suppose it would be a Shleep *was writing too fast to think and hasn't played NiGHTS in a long long time =[* Besides, I see lots of sheep nearly everyday in the Netherlands and when I was writing and when I first saw the Shleep believe me, it looked much more like a dog than a sheep. My apologies!

Good news!

We snuck recordings. I also was able to pull the borderline "we want to film your hands doing nothing with the controller" deal so that I could grab a good 2+ minute music track for you, too. It's in video format (WMV) but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Already sent the files to Trippy. =]

So look forward to hearing a bit of William and NiGHTS. (Note: the children's voices sound a bit better in the intro when they're acting normal and not fascinated with everything). The short clip (the audible part) is an excerpt from the conversation between William and NiGHTS mentioned in Alps Chase Link Mission.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Much respek to you and TRiP for hookin' us up.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Sweet, some videos! I'm already liking what I'm reading. I hope the press will be able to release some videos of their own as well. Alright, let's see what we got.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, at the moment we ain't got anything. XD;; The email doesn't seem to have come through from Niraven yet, probably due to the fact that the video file may be huge and unable to send through as an email attachment.

I've emailed Niraven back at our Admin account to see if there is any problem in sending it over to us. Sit tight for now, people. We'll have it on the website asap. Stay fresh.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Thanks for the min-to min update DiGi (I am pretty much sitting here refreshing the page now and then)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol. Go, get a coffee or something. We may have to wait a little while until it's all up and ready. XD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Still got tea in my mug.. cold.. checkin other sites in the meanwhiles

Think I'mma go pee..

I still love how they're building the story and such..

'NiGHTS, do you have a dad?'

'I guess you could call him that..'

awesome

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, i also like that part too. Judging by the sound of the way he says it, maybe he goes onto to talk about Wizeman later on in the game and refers to how he rebelled him (possibly talking about the storyline to NiGHTS into Dreams) thus it could mean this game is an actual sequel. C'mooooon!

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
Darn, gmail messed up. I stayed a few minutes after the e-mail to ensure that it sent, but no, it doesn't send me a "didn't send" notice until several minutes after when I'm already gone, stupid thing.

Anyway it's all fixed now, so you'll see the footage/hear it soon I'm sure. Sorry for the delay!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
thx for update

now I leave work.. must check internet later..

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I'll go play a round of Stick Canyon, beat Reala and check and see if you uploaded the video(s) yet. Ready, set, GO!

EDIT: HA! Beat ya!

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
OMG I AM LUFFING NiGHTS TALKING ABOUT WIZEMAN!!! -squee- o_o I can't wait.

"Do you have a father, NiGHTS?"

"Well, you could call him that..."

-luffs-

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
We're having problems with the files breaking during sending it would seem. We're trying to fix it as soon as poss. Its driving me nuts because i'm really excited but have hardly slept at all lastnight *HEADACHE*

Bare with us. Go complete the original game in its entirety and come back XD;

EDiT - This was TRiPPY posting in my account, not me. She forgot to sign out. >.>

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Out of curiosity, what's the file type?

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Out of curiosity, what's the file type?

WMV

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Too bad you can't put the video on putfile or megauploads real quick. Just for now until the e-mail thing fixes.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
WMV files work on our computer yet the ones that Niraven are sending us are failing to work.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

WMV files work on our computer yet the ones that Niraven are sending us are failing to work.

Sounds like now is a good time to do my Humanities homework. Its 5 books/chapters of the Odeyssey...wooo. Or maybe my 2 hour of Art History homework. Looks like I have to wait then. ^^;

--Edit--
So much for homework. There is a gas leak near my dorm housing and another so everyone (Several hundred students) have to evacuate. Guess its going to be an even longer while before I see the video. It better be up by then. Bring some kind of happiness to my day. (Hope the place doesn't blow up and everything I own to my name goes up in flames.)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Nope. No joy. We've tried a few idea's and it's still not working. I'm gonna try two more idea's and see if they work. If not, then it looks like we'll have to leave all this until tomorrow morning. Niraven, i believe, is signing off for the rest of the evening so until we hear from her tomorrow, anymore news on this video is going to be put on hold.

Appologies for the delay.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Hmm... I just realized!

NiGHTS Female

British-ish Voice

Loved Video Game Character

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!

NiGHTS CROFT *SHOT*.

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
*not being pushy*

Couldn't Niraven FTP the files over or stick them on a fileshare site somewhere temporarily? Or even just a quick Geocities site to host it while you guys d/l it... Email accounts are such tempermental things... aha~ They have this habit of breaking when either deadlines are due or important info is to be released. ^^;

I'll sit patient and be quiet now. *_____* Gwuuhhh...! *excited*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Hmm, do you have VLC Digi? Much better player than Windows Media Player, I used to find that files that didn't open for no logical reason would work on that when I used PCs. No idea is MS has sorted out Media player since I ditched PCs, but I doubt it.

Failing that, do you have the latest version of Windows Media Player?

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
Niraven, you are awesome. @_@

EDiT: TRiPPY too. :angry:

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
The story's sounding pretty good so far, but I guess the game would have to be played in order to discover why Wizeman (if he is in deed the brains behind the operation again) is causing trouble (didn't he learn when NiGHTS and the dreamers owned him the first time). But I have one question... this female voice that NiGHTS has... does it make him sound young or older?

Tashayarna

Tashayarna

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:plushies, NiGHTS, Pullips, Fashion, J-rock, the japanese, kawwaii lol
*gets out the coffee and sleeping bag* Im all set for an all night watch ^.^

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

*not being pushy*

Couldn't Niraven FTP the files over or stick them on a fileshare site somewhere temporarily? Or even just a quick Geocities site to host it while you guys d/l it... Email accounts are such tempermental things... aha~ They have this habit of breaking when either deadlines are due or important info is to be released. ^^;
I'll sit patient and be quiet now. *_____* Gwuuhhh...! *excited*

Yup. We tried all those methods earlier on and they all downloaded but none of them worked. :angry:

Hmm. Basically, when we download the files from her (whether it was from an email attachment, yousendit.com or her own server) the files worked incorrectly.
The 'NiGHTS voice' fails to run in Winamp, Windows Media Player and everything else we put into it. It also crashes some of those programs. I even threw it into a video editing program, to which it did tell me it was corrupted. Which was nice.
The second video, 'NiGHTS music and sound effects' actually played some sound briefly but no video footage in the latest version of Winamp, and failed in everything else.

As of now, the clip that 'sort of works', i will try and convert to an MP3 file since the footage is not actually visible onscreen. And i'll do this if everything else we try fails.
Once again, i'm really sorry this is happening, people. We're trying everything we can think of. I've emailed Niraven again and she'll most probably check it in the morning before she heads out to the show again.

What i can say for now is that, although the sound quality is low (which is to be expected if you're recording at a convention, lol) the music that i did hear for that short space of time does sound very NiGHTSy indeed and you will most probably like it. ^^

Just, sit tight for now and lets see what we can do. If we run out of idea's then i'll improvise the best i can.
Once again, appologies. :/

Subterfuge

Subterfuge

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Question for Niraven, could you confirm or deny if the music in this video is the official music? Only that site has it so I've been wondering ever since I saw it and posted it here. Thanks!

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
...I was just about to head off to bed since I just got back from a birthday dinner thingy, but now i'm ready to be up all night... this info roxmysox. *Sits in slumped position*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Question for Niraven, could you confirm or deny if the music in this video is the official music? Only that site has it so I've been wondering ever since I saw it and posted it here. Thanks!

I wanted to ask that too. I really want to know if the boss music is correct.

As for the corrupted data....I find it all funny. They didn't want any news or sound being sent out to the public and it seems that is exactly what is happening. She said she was lucky to get what she got and it turned out not working anyway now. Talk about irony.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Have you tried playing it on VLC, MPlayer or Media Player Classic? Those tend to play anything the others won't, especially if you have the CCCP on VLC.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
A corrupting magnetic pulse send through-out the confrence, deleting all recorded videos.

A corrupting magnetic pulse send through-out the confrence, deleting all recorded videos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users