Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The New Ideya Palace

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
OMG. That picture in the first post is too small. The reason I say this, is because you can barely see the pink tower behind the Palace. Yes! There is a floating pink tower. Return of the Superpian! It looks barely changed compared to the new ideya palace. There aren't any of those upper platforms. If they completely leave those top platforms out, that would be alright in my book. I really only liked the flamboyant pink majority of the tower anyways.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Why does this new Ideya Shrine have to function so differently just because it looks different?

I see no reason to believe that this is anything other than an Ideya Shrine just like the one in the previous game, only with different architecture.

Well..... it doesn't have the pillars, so we don't know where the Ideya would go when captured >>. Also, the we don't have a big enough screenshot. Where does the two chains lead to? Is it a short distance from the ground? Would you have to get NiGHTS down from there in order to merge with him?

Also, we don't even know if it's an Ideya Palace.

>.>

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.

Also, we don't even know if it's an Ideya Palace.

True that. From that screenshot we can't really tell what it is supposed to be or do.
It could be a bicycle repair shop for all we know. <__<

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)

From the two screenshots, I have sketched what I think is a pretty accurate technical view of the Palace. Assuming it is an Ideya Palace (I think so).

Posted Image

As you can see, the palace consists of two clawed hand things, one reaching from the cieling and one from the floor. Each "hand" has 5 fingers, seperated like a pentagon. And they appear to be holding, or generating, that bubble NiGHTS is in.
The bottom "hand" is wider at the bottom, creating a small pentagonal platform.

Perhaps, as you feed it Ideya, the hands slowly retract and distance themselves, untill the bubble it holds bursts open ?

Oooh...i like this idea. I can actually see that happening!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Well, until I hear more about the storyline, it makes me wonder how NiGHTS got himself into one of those again, and who did it to him? It is only one more element that it reminds me of a remake even though it was quoted to be a fresh, new game.

Because I mean, you "defeat" Wizeman and the other Maren, therefore NiGHTS is more powerful, who was strong enough to throw him back in and stupid enough like every villian, capture never kill? Lol.

The only theory I can come up with is that "something" happened to Claris and Elliot, where NiGHTS looses their bond, idyea etc.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Because I mean, you "defeat" Wizeman and the other Maren, therefore NiGHTS is more powerful, who was strong enough to throw him back in and stupid enough like every villian, capture never kill? Lol.

The only theory I can come up with is that "something" happened to Claris and Elliot, where NiGHTS looses their bond, idyea etc.

Sounds logical to me. :P

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Well, until I hear more about the storyline, it makes me wonder how NiGHTS got himself into one of those again, and who did it to him? It is only one more element that it reminds me of a remake even though it was quoted to be a fresh, new game.

A fair question.

Of course, the practical answer is probably to keep the gameplay consistent with the previous game. Let's face it, the Ideya Shrine was a key part of how the last game was played.

As for the story answer, I admit that I haven't the foggiest idea. But then, I'm not writing this game and I'm as clueless about the storyline as you all are. I'm holding out faith that Iizuka-san and co. can somehow make it work.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I could've sworn it said somewhere that Wizeman was back. Anyways, Wizeman is a visitor, just one deprived of any ideya. I don't think that Wizeman can ever really be destroyed. However, being pummeled by purple jesters is quite effective at waking him up, I'm sure.

300 posts! Raise the roof!

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Based on the gameplay videos Innotech posted, it looks like it serves the same function as the Ideya Palace, so it could very well be it.

Edit:Yes, palace. I'm barely awake right now. :)

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Based on the gameplay videos Innotech posted, it looks like it serves the same function as the Ideya capture, so it could very well be it.

I really hope you mean "Ideya Palace" or "Ideya Shrine."

I saw Innotech's new gameplay footage, and exactly 34 seconds in, you'll see NiGHTS fly into our mysterious structure with what appears to be a glowing green key in his/her hand. When NiGHTS flies into the structure 34 seconds in, you can clearly hear a brief but unmistakable tune: The same ditty played in NiD when an Ideya is returned to the Ideya Shrine.

Whatever the keys are and whatever this structure is, it is the JoD equivalent of an Ideya Shrine. Case closed.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Why does this new Ideya Shrine have to function so differently just because it looks different?

I see no reason to believe that this is anything other than an Ideya Shrine just like the one in the previous game, only with different architecture.

Yeah I think so to.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
I think these keys unlock some kinda portal >>.

Or raise the Structure. Either or, really :3.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Well, we won't know anything fore sure until this comes out, so, until then. >>

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Well, we won't know anything fore sure until this comes out, so, until then. >>

I'm pretty sure that during that particular mission, NiGHTS must chase the birds for keys to raise the cage. More importantly, I don't think anyone has noticed my previous post about how you can see a Pink floating tower in the William/NiGHTS picture. It is a little bit more flamboyant than the towers from NiD. I think it is safe to assume that something similar to the superpian will be in JoD.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I'm pretty sure that during that particular mission, NiGHTS must chase the birds for keys to raise the cage. More importantly, I don't think anyone has noticed my previous post about how you can see a Pink floating tower in the William/NiGHTS picture. It is a little bit more flamboyant than the towers from NiD. I think it is safe to assume that something similar to the superpian will be in JoD.

Either that, or the Pink floating tower is just for utter show. I think that's what most of us probably think >>.

A-life has been confirmed to exist, I believe.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Yeah, Wikipedia says that return of Nightopians has been confirmed. I'm not sure about A-life though.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Yeah, Wikipedia says that return of Nightopians has been confirmed. I'm not sure about A-life though.

I'm assuming, if Nightopians are back, they'll also have A-Life. I think that they are doing the same thing with the music, as in NiD with the 'pians' moods, as well.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
It's a pretty safe bet that all the good stuff involving pians will make its way to JoD. In fact, I'm expecting a huge improvement. Three consoles worth of improvement.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Take chao stuff, which was improved 'Pian stuff, add some crap, and make *gasp* IMPROVED 'PIAN STUFF!

Yeah, I hope there's more 'Pian interaction, that would be cool.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic with the word crap. As far as we know, there is no egg timer. That could mean much interaction indeed. Then there is th prospect of Pians on Wiiconnect24.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yes. "Crap" to keep from having to much of the word "stuff" in my statement. About... Stuff.

...*gigglesnort"Crap'Pian."* XD

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Okay. So basically your "stuff" limit is 2 per post? Hey look, you're almost at six-hundred, sixty-six posts.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Hey look, you're almost at six-hundred, sixty-six posts.

*quivers and hides* OH NOES...!

I hope there's more 'pian interaction 8D!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I don't think anyone has noticed my previous post about how you can see a Pink floating tower in the William/NiGHTS picture.

I looked at the screenshot more closely; The "Floating Tower" is actually the Nightmaren bird you must attack.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I looked at the screenshot more closely; The "Floating Tower" is actually the Nightmaren bird you must attack.

damn. You're right. There are bigger pictures on IGN, luckily.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hey. What if the supposed new Ideya Palace wasn't really an Ideya Palace at all, but just something NiGHTS created to lure poor unsuspecting children like Helen and ol' Billy Boy just to use their Ideya to create CHAOS in Nightopia? Ever thought of that?

NiGHTS: Hey, uh... I'm sorta stuck here. Can ya help me out?
Helen: Okey Dokey!
NiGHTS: (Poor fool...)

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Hey. What if the supposed new Ideya Palace wasn't really an Ideya Palace at all, but just something NiGHTS created to lure poor unsuspecting children like Helen and ol' Billy Boy just to use their Ideya to create CHAOS in Nightopia? Ever thought of that?

Right, because that's exactly what (s)he did in the last game. :mellow:

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

NiGHTS: Hey, uh... I'm sorta stuck here. Can ya help me out?
Helen: Okey Dokey!
NiGHTS: (Poor fool...)

XDDD That's probably what NiGHTS has been planning from the start of NiGHTS Into Dreams. XD; .

Anyway, err...., it looks like the new Ideya Palace is more like a 'Key Palace', right? Maybe the Ideya is in the Keys? Or, am I lost after 1 and 1/2 weeks of not keeping up with anyone XD?!

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

XDDD That's probably what NiGHTS has been planning from the start of NiGHTS Into Dreams. XD; .

Anyway, err...., it looks like the new Ideya Palace is more like a 'Key Palace', right? Maybe the Ideya is in the Keys? Or, am I lost after 1 and 1/2 weeks of not keeping up with anyone XD?!

You've got me there.

Or maybe the keys have something to do with Ideya? Or maybe the new "Palace" is more of a prison. I don't know.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Yeah, just wondering....WHAT IS UP WITH THE BIRD?!?! I've been thinking that ever since I saw it in the clips, and the screenshots......just wanted to know.....

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Right, because that's exactly what (s)he did in the last game. ^_^

Yes but just because NiGHTS rebelled doesn't necessarily mean that he's good. For all we know he could be EV0L.

But I was just kidding anyway. :|

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Yeah, just wondering....WHAT IS UP WITH THE BIRD?!?! I've been thinking that ever since I saw it in the clips, and the screenshots......just wanted to know.....

You have to get the keys from the bird.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
It looks llike a giant birdcage to me. If it is the ideya palace, then at least NiGHTS has more room to move. Bad enough being locked up but to be locked up in something that is really small....

Also, has anyone actually seen what the ideya's look like in this game? I haven't seen the videos yet so I don't know. I am hearing all this stuff about keys and I am wondering if they might have replaced the ideya's with keys or something. I don't remember reading anywhere that the ideya's are the same as last time.

What do I know though. I have been off this place during the whole summer. I am so lost.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

It looks llike a giant birdcage to me.

One of my friends said that XD; .

Also, has anyone actually seen what the ideya's look like in this game? I haven't seen the videos yet so I don't know. I am hearing all this stuff about keys and I am wondering if they might have replaced the ideya's with keys or something. I don't remember reading anywhere that the ideya's are the same as last time.

No. They might not even be in the game :P''. We saw one thing with what looked like a Portal or Paraloop when the game was first coming out. That might be it. Otherwise, no ideya D8!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Yeah, about that cage, guys. I don't think its going to appear in the game too often. I'm guessing the minimal amount of score items, (IE rings and blue chips) and the simplistic goal means what we've seen so far is a training mission of sorts. Also, I don't see the point of the cage appearing more than once if you've already ulocked NiGHTS with those keys.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Also, I don't see the point of the cage appearing more than once if you've already ulocked NiGHTS with those keys.

Wait...are you saying you have to be in the kid form, find a bunch of keys, and then become NiGHTS?! Wow that stinks....especially when I don't like the new kids and I don't want to see them too much duing gameplay. Oh well.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Yeah, about that cage, guys. I don't think its going to appear in the game too often. I'm guessing the minimal amount of score items, (IE rings and blue chips) and the simplistic goal means what we've seen so far is a training mission of sorts. Also, I don't see the point of the cage appearing more than once if you've already ulocked NiGHTS with those keys.

That's impossible.

The gameplay videos clearly show NiGHTS going after the keys. Why would he need the keys to unlock himself if he's already free?

I'm going to check the gameplay video again. Maybe these aren't really keys, just wands or something.

ETA: Gorrammit, those do look like keys.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Wait...are you saying you have to be in the kid form, find a bunch of keys, and then become NiGHTS?! Wow that stinks....especially when I don't like the new kids and I don't want to see them too much duing gameplay. Oh well.

No. You gotta merge with NiGHTS, get the keys from the Nightmarens, and unlock something *either the cage's entrance to a boss, or an entrance to the boss*.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

No. You gotta merge with NiGHTS, get the keys from the Nightmarens, and unlock something *either the cage's entrance to a boss, or an entrance to the boss*.

Yeah. When NiGHTS kills the birdmaren, watch his hand. You'll also hear a sound much like the old ideya palace when he enters the cage, the next time the cage is seen, it has risen, otherwise the floor lowered has for some reason. I think the same philosophy works with the cage as the old ideya palace. You hop in there as a kid, morph with NiGHTS, then you're free to fly until you run out of time. I must say, gameplay looks very intact from the origional game. I think once you gather the keys, NiGHTS is set free, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in bringing keys to NiGHTS' locked cage. After that, I don't know. Maybe each stage has a cage, or maybe once NiGHTS is free it goes to the old system of ideya captures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users