Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The New Ideya Palace

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I was talking with one of my friends, and we were discussing the [possibly] new Ideya Palace.

For those who don't know what the hell I'm talking about.:

Posted Image

So, what is this thing? Ideya Palace? Or something else? Share your ideas!

Personally, I think it might be some kinda Ideya Palace. If so.... I'm kinda mixed about it. I like it and hate it with a passion. I want the old Ideya Palace back, even though this new one looks kinda wicked.....

If not, I think it might be some kinda resting place for NiGHTS. Not quite a home, though. OR, it might be the new Ideya Capture/Holding points (Get the 20 Blue Chips, and the new thing in the picture is the place where you'd DISPENSE them.).

Btw, today is NiGHTS's Eleventh Birthday 8D! Say Happy Birthday to NiGHTS, hand him a birthday 'pian for him to munch on, and then give him your Ideya! Happy BIRTHDAY, NiGHTS 8D!

Thanks, Kyra, for pointing that out to me ^-^!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Happy birthday NiGHTS! I'm reserving judgements on the new designs until I see some motherfurkin' gameplay, dag-gumit!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Happy birthday NiGHTS! I'm reserving judgements on the new designs until I see some motherfurkin' gameplay, dag-gumit!

Alright. Sounds like a good idea :3. *sides with you*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Then again, as an Ideya Palace it does look a bit... luxurious? (taking the term 'palace to heart'.. it's a prison!) :P

I hope they don't tinker with the sound effects much. Gotta love the 'Merge-Trill'.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Hmm... I remember the origional ideya palace had, uhh. 5 exits right? One for each ideya. This new thing has 8 conceivable exits. That makes it seem even more like an ideya palace, but there are no pillars to hold ideya.

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
Happy birth Day NiGHTS!^^

Anyway, about the palace. I rather like it, it looks awesome. I’m wondering if NiGHTS has a Big Screen and a massage chair in there, lol. The thing I’m wondering about is how your supposed to get in?

The last palace you just ran up to it. What is there a spring in there at the bottom? Anyhow, I don’t know, guess we’re going to have to wait. :P

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Happy birth Day NiGHTS!^^

Anyway, about the palace. I rather like it, it looks awesome. I’m wondering if NiGHTS has a Big Screen and a massage chair in there, lol. The thing I’m wondering about is how your supposed to get in?

The last palace you just ran up to it. What is there a spring in there at the bottom? Anyhow, I don’t know, guess we’re going to have to wait. ^_^

It does look pretty awesome doesn't it? I just noticed, see that gold spike? In the picture's it's in the front and in the middle. There is a gap between the spike and the floor of the palace. I suppose that would be where an ideya goes, the spikes next to it do not seperate from the bottom. Probably they seperate from the top. I bet it would look REALLY cool when its spots are filled with ideya. There are nine spikes, I suppose that upon entering you already have an ideya to fill a spot. Is it just me or does 8 ideya seem too much? I wonder if there is a possibility of diffrent difficulty levels, each requiring that you collect a certain number of ideya.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I think that new palace-cage-thingimabobber is really cool! I don't know.. maybe it actually is an Ideya Palace, but whatever it is, I like it's design.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Hmm... I remember the origional ideya palace had, uhh. 5 exits right? One for each ideya. This new thing has 8 conceivable exits. That makes it seem even more like an ideya palace, but there are no pillars to hold ideya.

The old one has 4 exits :3. One for each Ideya (Red is never captured during the game. You start out with Red.).

8 Exits = 8 Ideya? OR, this might not be an Ideya Palace at all :3. No Pillars. 8 Exits. We'll just have to wait and see x3.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I think that new palace-cage-thingimabobber is really cool! I don't know.. maybe it actually is an Ideya Palace, but whatever it is, I like it's design.

I think the design is pretty awesome :3, yea. BUT, I'm a little iffy about it replacing the Ideya Palace, if that's what it's doing. I liked the old Ideya Palace.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
It could be an Ideya palace, but after NiGHTS took down Wizeman in the first game, I'm not exactly inclined to believe he'd still be trapped anymore. Either way, I still reserve judgment until we see how it actually works.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hey, I just noticed something. The bottom of the cage has a chain leading to what we can only assume to be the ground. Then there is a chain on the top leading to.....?

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Perhaps this time you collect something that'll raise it further and further to the top?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Hey, I just noticed something. The bottom of the cage has a chain leading to what we can only assume to be the ground. Then there is a chain on the top leading to.....?

That's one of the things I like about it. Its probably chained on both up top and bottom for a cool supported, but dangly effect. Makes me want to pluck at it like a bowstring and send him flailing side to side. XD

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Perhaps this time you collect something that'll raise it further and further to the top?

I like this idea.

That's one of the things I like about it. Its probably chained on both up top and bottom for a cool supported, but dangly effect. Makes me want to pluck at it like a bowstring and send him flailing side to side. XD

We can only hope. XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Louis, maybe you're right. Maybe you have to find some kind of lever or items that'll lower him to your level, so you can fuse with him?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I like the design. I pretty much love every design in this game so far.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hey, we know that NiGHTS can shapeshift. Can he shapeshift while inside the ideya palace?
NiGHTS: hey Helen! Come over here so we can save Nightopia!
Helen: I can't jump that high!
NiGHTS: Then we'll just have to do this the hard way. *extends long arms*
Helen: Grope! Grope! I'm sueing!

For those of you who are interested, here is my post with what I wanted to say. I had to check with Purg to see if I could use the word "grope".

Edited by Purgatory, 05 July 2007 - 09:53 PM.
Don't need to do it twice, but yeah that's post's okay!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Ha ha! Yes! lawsuits: A new additive to Nigtopia.

Man, we're really kickin' today! Lots of people and really active!

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
too bad hte chatroom is always empty when I visit it >_

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Ha ha! Yes! lawsuits: A new additive to Nigtopia.

Man, we're really kickin' today! Lots of people and really active!

Indeed, but it's starting to slow down now.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I didn't notice the chain at the top *goes and looks*.

Hmmm.... you're right! Maybe you do have to bring the place down to merge with him, or maybe you aren't even suppose to go up there at all *is going back to the 'resting place' idea*.

Just like how I felt with the new suit, I don't really mind the 'new' Ideya Palace (if that's what it is) anymore, but I prefer the old one more :3.

Here's one of the problems I have with the new place, though.:

Is it just me, or does the new Ideya Palace, or whatever it is, look like it's made of glass? If it's made of glass, and it's an Ideya Palace, couldn't NiGHTS just break through it? He breaks through steal in Stick Canyon with his fists. Shouldn't he be able to break through glass with, like, his fingers (or nails, XD)?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

I didn't notice the chain at the top *goes and looks*.

Hmmm.... you're right! Maybe you do have to bring the place down to merge with him, or maybe you aren't even suppose to go up there at all *is going back to the 'resting place' idea*.

Just like how I felt with the new suit, I don't really mind the 'new' Ideya Palace (if that's what it is) anymore, but I prefer the old one more :3.

Here's one of the problems I have with the new place, though.:

Is it just me, or does the new Ideya Palace, or whatever it is, look like it's made of glass? If it's made of glass, and it's an Ideya Palace, couldn't NiGHTS just break through it? He breaks through steal in Stick Canyon with his fists. Shouldn't he be able to break through glass with, like, his fingers (or nails, XD)?

With that kind of logic, you would think only one NiGHTS alone would be able to break through Wizeman's barrier.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Yeah, I don't think its actually glass and if it is, I'm sure they wouldn't just leave glass as is to keep him trapped.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Yeah, I don't think its actually glass and if it is, I'm sure they wouldn't just leave glass as is to keep him trapped.

Yeah, good point XD. If it is glass, it's probably glass AND a force-field. Like, if NiGHTS head-butts it, the glass breaks, but then there's a force field too that NiGHTS can't escape D8!

I don't know. Watch it not even be the Ideya Palace XD.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
From the two screenshots, I have sketched what I think is a pretty accurate technical view of the Palace. Assuming it is an Ideya Palace (I think so).

Posted Image

As you can see, the palace consists of two clawed hand things, one reaching from the cieling and one from the floor. Each "hand" has 5 fingers, seperated like a pentagon. And they appear to be holding, or generating, that bubble NiGHTS is in.
The bottom "hand" is wider at the bottom, creating a small pentagonal platform.

Perhaps, as you feed it Ideya, the hands slowly retract and distance themselves, untill the bubble it holds bursts open ?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

From the two screenshots, I have sketched what I think is a pretty accurate technical view of the Palace. Assuming it is an Ideya Palace (I think so).

Posted Image

As you can see, the palace consists of two clawed hand things, one reaching from the cieling and one from the floor. Each "hand" has 5 fingers, seperated like a pentagon. And they appear to be holding, or generating, that bubble NiGHTS is in.
The bottom "hand" is wider at the bottom, creating a small pentagonal platform.

Perhaps, as you feed it Ideya, the hands slowly retract and distance themselves, untill the bubble it holds bursts open ?

Pretty good. There's a lot of good ideas in there.
Wait, it looks like you could just climb the chain and get in from the bottom.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Tangocat, I just edited your post into your original one. ^^

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Good idea Jof. I think you might have nailed it. Though, in the screenshots both kids are seen without any Ideya around them and none are visible in the Palace either ...soo...who knows. Either the graphics for the Ideya have not been implemented into the game yet or there simply is no Ideya in this game.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
No complaints here. It looks amazing to me.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
You know, I've had this glass and 22 karat gold tiger in my room. I suppose my opinion is fair when I say the new ideya palace looks very realistic. It's also awesome.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
(sorry, this is scatter-brained)

Seems more and more I re-look the scans, the less likely it seems that they're tying in the Ideya concept, but that can't be true if NiGHTS is attracted to Red Ideya. Has to be in there somewhere, or unless NiGHTS has changed his tune.. hopefully not.

But, what makes sense to me -- is that, from what I think I recall reading regarding William's page was that Wizeman tried to bargain with him (correct me if I'm wrong here). If that's true, then it sort of makes sense, at least in my head, why his stages have more fish in them. According to most of the dream-meanings books and sites I've been to, fish suggest insight from the subconscious.. dead fish signify disappointment/loss of power, wealth...

I give ol' Billy there some hope yet.

Random thought:.. is it me, or does NiGHTS look TINY compared to the orange and yellow rings in those pictures?

Maybe the 'Ideya Palace' isn't as conventional as the previous game for the sake of initiating more of a 3-D explorable environment through the Kids' point of view. Might take a little more brainwork to figure out how to merge with NiGHTS from way up high (maybe the persona masks are usable by the kids, too?).. could also be that the Kids aren't the type that have the Red Ideya, so meeting up with NiGHTS isn't the same as those who do possess Red Ideya.. if you had a different color, would it take more effort to merge?

arritie, I'm done ranting for now..

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Read my earlier posts for an idea of how to get up there.

MAiKU

MAiKU

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Sonic the hedgehog, NiGHTS, Sonic Team, Anime, Drawing, Art, music, friends, yadda yadda!
Weird.

It seems more like a cage rather than a palace/shrine thingy. Maybe it's a incomplete build? But if that's not the case maybe the Ideya goes right into the the spheere instead?

That thing looks kinda high for william, haha.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Ok, something just occured to me, what if Wizeman learned from his last attempt?
Wizeman: hey Reala, look at Wizecam #4. The last ideya is as good as ours.
Reala: Hey, there's still one left.
Wizeman: She's walking up to the ideya palace just like that?!
Reala: Damn, next time we better raise that thing, and cover it in glass.

Tristam

Tristam

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Am I the only one who thinks that this looks an awful lot like an Ideya Capture (kind of like a Metroid) except that it isn't blue?

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hmm. There's a thought, maybe even like a sub-capture. That could be like the main one, which could hold ideya from other captures. Perhaps. Still looks more like an ideya palace to me.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
It kinda DOES look like an ideya capture... but then why is NiGHTS in there? O_O He's not an ideya.

No, if this is the new Ideya Palace, Im going to break down and cry. xD I think it looks pretty darn cool, but I'd prefur the original one. But, Im holding my ranting about it in till I hear from other fans or get a Wii with my $15 bucks I have and the game and play it for myself.

Hey, what if those things are placed at random around the level? I mean, it looks like a cage, so say... You're flying around as a merged NiGHTS and you hit one of these. BAM! You get diffused and NiGHTS get locked in there. What if its... like... a hinderance set up by Wizeman?

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

It kinda DOES look like an ideya capture... but then why is NiGHTS in there? O_O He's not an ideya.

No, if this is the new Ideya Palace, Im going to break down and cry. xD I think it looks pretty darn cool, but I'd prefur the original one. But, Im holding my ranting about it in till I hear from other fans or get a Wii with my $15 bucks I have and the game and play it for myself.

Hey, what if those things are placed at random around the level? I mean, it looks like a cage, so say... You're flying around as a merged NiGHTS and you hit one of these. BAM! You get diffused and NiGHTS get locked in there. What if its... like... a hinderance set up by Wizeman?

Hmm.... well.... what's his name.... WILLIAM might be watching NiGHTS and Helen fly around, and vice versa for Helen watching. OR, NiGHTS might be able to fly around without the kids for a short amount of time. Therefore, NiGHTS would be in the Ideya Capture point trying to get an Ideya. Or, his Ideya Power is making him stuck in the Capture Point. I don't know XD.

Same here XD. I think it looks cool, but I want the old one ;-;!

That would be awesome XD! Well, in some points of view XD.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
Why does this new Ideya Shrine have to function so differently just because it looks different?

I see no reason to believe that this is anything other than an Ideya Shrine just like the one in the previous game, only with different architecture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users