Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello! How are you? I am Well.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Drawing, Painting, but mostly Gaming. Big favs include Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, NiGHTS, Ristar, Klonoa, and just about everything Nintendo.
Hi there, my name is Al-Di-La meaning Beyond in Italian I think. I guess its kinda obvious that it comes from JoD's "Al-Di-La - Sandal Wood Ver" my favorite version of the "My Dream" songs.

Sorry if my intro here is a bit long, I just love talking but am horrible at summerizing! Feel free to just skim through the boring stuff! I'm really just here for the "Hi"s and "Welcome"s :)

So here's a little bit about me: I'm 19 and kinda shy, but once I get started I am very talkative. I write short stores and poetry. Love painting and drawing. And I really freakin' love video games!

I haven't signed up with very many forums, seeing as this is the first one I've signed myself up with, but I lurk a lot of places. I do have Facebook, Youtube, and DeviantArt accounts but I'm not all that active on them yet, except for Facebook.

Hmm......My favorite series is Kingdom Hearts, which is basically the iredecent inner lining of my very soul......uh........however.... KH forums can get a bit argumentative because of clashing opinions. But you guys seem really open minded and friendly. Plus I'm extrememly facinated by how there are so many different ways you can pick apart and decipher every aspect of NiGHTS and since it's all about your own interpretation you can't be wrong!

====
Anyways, as for my NiGHTs story.....

Well, I got hooked on NiGHTS when I first played my NiD sampler disc as a kid. My Mom said that my brother and I absolutely loved playing it, but we never got the actual game. It's funny because I don't really recall overly too much about playing it but I do remember my little brother and I always arguing: me saying NiGHTS is a boy and him saying NiGHTS is a girl. Later he changed his mind and said he never thought NiGHTS was a girl. I however didn't change my mind and still refer to the Maren as 'he'.

I grew up with Sonic though, and for the longest time that was my fav series and I always got this strangely nostalgic feeling seeing NiGHTS' cameos in my fav Sonic games on the DreamCast and the more I saw the odd jester-like creature the more I loved how obscure yet recurrent he/she had become.

A few years later and I heard something about that mysterious old game with that odd purple flying character having a sequel! So I immediatly searched to see if this was a prank or not. At the time I had a fear of looking at computer images (don't know why), kinda like my fear of seeing glitches (I love finding them but seeing them creeps me out), but I just had to be sure it was real so I faced my fear and actually looked it up. And man! I got such an odd vibe seeing the screenshots. Odd but good. I can actually remember looking at the first few pics of JoD and seeing a picture of Helen running up to a treasure chest in the dark blue "Dream Gate" forest felt kinda familiar to me actually, even her look and clothes gave off such a familiar spooky nostalgic-y NiGHTS vibe, much like seeing Elliot and Claris' cards in SA's NiGHTS pinball used to give me that weird feeling (it's kinda hard to describe). But then again expressing the emotions of dreamy calm yet exilirating joy the games made me feel is quite hard to describe indeed.

I wanted to play JoD so bad, not knowing if it was just a dressed up NiD or a whole new story. So I went out and got it and was amazed (though a little put off by a few things such as the new voices among other things, but I still loved it!).

After beating the game I realized that I suddenly wanted to play the first one but it wasn't until about a year or two later, as an early bithday gift, that I got the actual full version of NiD off of ebay and loved every second of it.
====

I was so happy when I found nid.com and was kinda surprised to see that there were so many dedicated fans out there since I've never even met another NiGHTS fan outside of my family before! So I really hope that you guys will accept me into your amazing community of NiGHTS lovers!

I will admit that I lurked for a long time and more recently tried to register a bunch of times, sorry about that (^_^) But I'm here now and hope to at least make a few new friends along the way!

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
Well, luckily for you, I like to read long texts, so this is fine!
Welcome!
The hard time some of us got when registering was due to large waves of spambots cluttering the safe way for normal members to register. But that's all in the past =P

It's very cool that you write short stories and poetry. I write fiction myself, and I'd love to see some of what you've written, if that would be possible =)

Unlike you, I've yet to play JoD, but I got the original NiD when I first got a Saturn, back in '99-2000. 11 years later, I bought CHRiSTMAS NiGHTS!

So, anyway, stick around. We're all cool people here, and it's good to get another one coming in =)
(I'm pretty sure you'll get 100% accepted ;) )

CROSSiNG

CROSSiNG

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Let's see: Making music, books, video games, oh yeah and NiGHTS.
Welcome! I like KH as well but yeah too many arguments. No that wasn't too long, at least you managed to split it up. Not like mine (wall of text).

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Welcome! "Aldila" is the Italian word for "Beyond," and we're the friendliest community on the good ol' interwebs. :D

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Drawing, Painting, but mostly Gaming. Big favs include Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, NiGHTS, Ristar, Klonoa, and just about everything Nintendo.
Thank you for welcoming me! I was kinda worried I would just get ignored. But yeah I'm glad to hear It wasn't just me who was having trouble registering, it was probably all for the best anyway since the site looks even cooler and more up to date now!

Thanks, Utter Magic! I think writing is really fun and yeah, I might post some of my writing up to my DeviantArt soon or maybe even in the creative section of this forum if there's a place for it. You should post your stuff up too!

Thank ya, CROSSiNG! But I like walls of text :P And I was just freaked that I either put too much description or not enough and filled it with fluff. But geez, everyone on here seems to have all of these NiGHTS projects and things! Can't wait to see all of them!

Thank you to you too Noctourne Wonderland, glad to know I wasn't just remembering false information there ^_^

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...

(...)Thanks, Utter Magic! I think writing is really fun and yeah, I might post some of my writing up to my DeviantArt soon or maybe even in the creative section of this forum if there's a place for it. You should post your stuff up too!

Please let me know when you do post something of your own =) You can post it anywhere you want, wherever feels best. Do you write stuff about NiGHTS, as well? I don't, but am considering it.

But geez, everyone on here seems to have all of these NiGHTS projects and things! Can't wait to see all of them!

Do you have any project on the way or something like that? I wanted to do an elaborate cover of Suburban Museum for NiGHTS 15th but wasn't able to due to lack of time, but I'm trying to compensate for that somehow! (I did do a little something for NiD15, though).

Enjoy your stay here ;)

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
I'll be sure to let you know B) And no. I don't currently have anything NiGHTS related. I used to have a lot of stuff but my old computer's hard drive crashed so I lost all of it. I might start some NiGHTS stories or poems again though, I think the internet could use some more NiGHTS-y love anyway!!!!

I actually feel kinda bad because I'm like the only one who doesn't have a project, I'm just so lazy and probably couldn't do much other than write and draw. I have a bunch of NiGHTS art that I wanna scan and get on here though. Love that NiD 15 sign though, very pretty (girly comment, sorry about that) but I do really like it. It could be a really good desktop!

Btw funny you say you were gonna do a Suburban Museum Cover because that's my favorite level in NiD XD

Enjoy your stay here ;)

Thanks again :D

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Hey Al-Di-La, welcome to the community :) It's good to see that more fans are joining the site now that the spam bots are taken care of :)

I love hearing how people get introduced to NiGHTS because everyone has a different story, yet everyone has some sort of connection to the character and world that really sticks in their mind.

It's neat that you played the game as a kid, not fully understanding what it was, and then over time it grew on you more and more.

I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
By the way, check your inbox ^^

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks charlie! And I completely agree, hearing NiGHTS introduction stories is the best!

xelaalex

xelaalex

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, Pokémon, Zelda, drawing, gaming, writing
Hello there! =D Its a pleasure to meet you ^_^ I love the song your username is named after-Peppermint version is my fave! I enjoy writing too, but don't often find time to do so, I'd love to read your stuff though!

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Hello there! =D Its a pleasure to meet you ^_^ I love the song your username is named after-Peppermint version is my fave! I enjoy writing too, but don't often find time to do so, I'd love to read your stuff though!

Pleasure to meet you too and thanks- I love the Peppermint Ver. It always reminds me of the beach at the begging :D Like a Christmas beach!
I will be putting some of my writing up soon, and hope you find the time to put some up too :)

xelaalex

xelaalex

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Pleasure to meet you too and thanks- I love the Peppermint Ver. It always reminds me of the beach at the begging :D Like a Christmas beach!
I will be putting some of my writing up soon, and hope you find the time to put some up too :)

You're welcome ^_^ do you think maybe we could trade Journey of Dreams friend codes? I'd love to see what you're doing to your My Dream! Perhaps we can race too =3

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

You're welcome ^_^ do you think maybe we could trade Journey of Dreams friend codes? I'd love to see what you're doing to your My Dream! Perhaps we can race too =3

That would be cool! I haven't really played JoD in a while but I'd love to start up again. Not really sure where to find my friend code though? :(

xelaalex

xelaalex

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

That would be cool! I haven't really played JoD in a while but I'd love to start up again. Not really sure where to find my friend code though? :(

That's wonderful! ^_^ Well your friend code is in options, internet settings (on the left), Your Friend Code. Mine is 0860-2409-4640 look forward to playing with ya ^_^

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

That's wonderful! ^_^ Well your friend code is in options, internet settings (on the left), Your Friend Code. Mine is 0860-2409-4640 look forward to playing with ya ^_^

Okay cool, mine is 5026-5345-1887, okay so I'm gonna put your number in the Register/Delete Friend thing (right? Correct me if I'm wrong and being stupid :unsure: ) and you can just private message me a time you'd like to play :)

xelaalex

xelaalex

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Okay cool, mine is 5026-5345-1887, okay so I'm gonna put your number in the Register/Delete Friend thing (right? Correct me if I'm wrong and being stupid :unsure: ) and you can just private message me a time you'd like to play :)

Alright, great! We can play now if you want, just wait for me in the race mode waiting screen (where you can control NiGHTS)!

Also, this is my Nightmaren OC, so that's who you're gonna be racing against ;P http://fc06.devianta...lex-d3k1849.jpg (I know he looks like Reala in-game but that what he's supposed to look like)

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Alright, great! We can play now if you want, just wait for me in the race mode waiting screen (where you can control NiGHTS)!

Also, this is my Nightmaren OC, so that's who you're gonna be racing against ;P http://fc06.devianta...lex-d3k1849.jpg (I know he looks like Reala in-game but that what he's supposed to look like)

Right now? Sure! Cool OC, can't wait to beat him/her :D

xelaalex

xelaalex

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks ^_^ he's actually one of many forms for my persona character Alex Magnei, he has forms based off my favorite videogames =D

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Thanks ^_^ he's actually one of many forms for my persona character Alex Magnei, he has forms based off my favorite videogames =D

Your welcome :)
Many forms? That sounds neat!

xelaalex

xelaalex

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Your welcome :)
Many forms? That sounds neat!

Yes, the idea is that he lives in a futuristic version of our world, and when he plays videogames he "virtualizes" inside them, to become part of the game! His form changes to fit the game he's playing, and he in turn replaces the main character in the game, meaning NiGHTS doesn't exist inside the game-he takes NiGHTS' place. The same goes for every gamer in his world, I'm thinking of turning it into a club of sorts, so if you want to be part of his world, you can =3

Do you have MSN? If you do I could show you some of his other forms ^.^ perhaps you could send your MSN address to me in a personal message?

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Yes, the idea is that he lives in a futuristic version of our world, and when he plays videogames he "virtualizes" inside them, to become part of the game! His form changes to fit the game he's playing, and he in turn replaces the main character in the game, meaning NiGHTS doesn't exist inside the game-he takes NiGHTS' place. The same goes for every gamer in his world, I'm thinking of turning it into a club of sorts, so if you want to be part of his world, you can =3

Do you have MSN? If you do I could show you some of his other forms ^.^ perhaps you could send your MSN address to me in a personal message?

That's awesome! I would love to see/hear more, but I don't have an MSN :( , I do have a facebook though, or you can just pm me on this forum, if that's okay. :unsure:

xelaalex

xelaalex

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

That's awesome! I would love to see/hear more, but I don't have an MSN :( , I do have a facebook though, or you can just pm me on this forum, if that's okay. :unsure:

Ah you have a Facebook, what's your account? We can chat on there ^_^

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Ah you have a Facebook, what's your account? We can chat on there ^_^

http://www.facebook....p?id=1541714119 =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users