Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, 15th Anniversary DS Port?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Twin Seeds

Twin Seeds

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I had a thought recently. The DS as it stands can handle games almost of the quality of the N64 games, and the new 3ds will have remakes of several old 64 titles. So why couldn't the system handle NiGHTS? Obviously this would have to be a physical cartridge release and not some little download thing, but while controlling nights with the wiimote in JoD didn't work quite as well as intended, I think the DS's stylus would be an excellent medium for controlling the little guy.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

I had a thought recently. The DS as it stands can handle games almost of the quality of the N64 games, and the new 3ds will have remakes of several old 64 titles. So why couldn't the system handle NiGHTS? Obviously this would have to be a physical cartridge release and not some little download thing, but while controlling nights with the wiimote in JoD didn't work quite as well as intended, I think the DS's stylus would be an excellent medium for controlling the little guy.

Yeah, the DS's stylus controls tend to be more responsive than the Wiimote's. As long as they let you control the kids with the control pad (because it was annoying when I unintentionally did things I didn't want to in Phantom Hourglass), then I think it would be a pretty good control system. Plus, I'm always sad I don't have a portable NiGHTS game during road trips.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Maybe someone will suggest it to SEGA... though I doubt they'll listen.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I would honestly prefer an actual console-port rather than a handheld. My problem with DS games is that you're forever stuck playing on a little tiny screen (the DSi XL is an improvement, but still not the same). Furthermore, I personally would prefer to control NiGHTS with a controller than trying to do loops and stuff with a stylus; so I would at least want an option to use the D-pad.

And finally, the DS is on its way out; it should be 3DS or nothing. A 3DS port would be pretty interesting, I'll admit. But I think part of the NiD15 campaign is to get a wider audience for NiD and I don't think the 3DS would provide that.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I think that the 3DS is something that many people will want to buy, and that a NiGHTS port on a handheld would sell quite well, especially in tandem with consol releases.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
This is actually not a bad idea even though I'd much rather NiGHTS be on a new console. I'm fine with a NiGHTS release on anything as long as it's not exclusively for the PC.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I would actually like it on a hand held as well as on a console so that I can get my NiD fix on the go as well as at home, even though I already have both the Saturn and PS2 versions. I'd actually buy a newer hand held system if they actually did port NiD to it.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
In the mean time, we all need to keep getting people to vote on the nid15.com site or vote ourselves, in case some of us haven't already.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I would just LOVE a portable NiGHTS port. Even a new NiGHTS game for the 3DS I would enjoy! :angry:

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:ANIME, VIDEO GAMES, MANGA. READING. NIGHTS.
So Would I.

Also What Happen to the Other Posts I Made On This Topic?

Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I was just thinking as its getting closer to the 3DS launch just how good NiGHTS would be on the 3DS.

I do not see that the screen size is a problem. You hold a handheld a lot closer to your face than the distance you would play on a TV. So playing on the 3DS is very much like playing on a 32" TV, at least it seems comparable to me.

No stupid motion controls, just using the analog nub like god intended. :unsure:

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:ANIME, VIDEO GAMES, MANGA. READING. NIGHTS.

I was just thinking as its getting closer to the 3DS launch just how good NiGHTS would be on the 3DS.

I do not see that the screen size is a problem. You hold a handheld a lot closer to your face than the distance you would play on a TV. So playing on the 3DS is very much like playing on a 32" TV, at least it seems comparable to me.

No stupid motion controls, just using the analog nub like god intended. ;)

I agree it would be awesome for a NIGHTS release on the 3DS. Perhaps those working at Sega that are part of the admins here could suggest this to the Heads of Sega. Imagine NIGHTS, Reala, and Jackle being Playable and having different stories and Bosses to fight as they come to realize their purpose in life. For NIGHTS being his protecting Nightopia. Reala could be protecting Nightmare then the Waking World if something convinced him enough to do so. Jackle well revenge on Wizeman for what ever happened to him after his defeat at NIGHTS'S Hands. :unsure:

Heck they could do a NIGHTS RPG for the 3DS. I'd totally buy it. :)

It'd be nice to see lots of Extras and Secrets in any new games. Like what's going on for the Visitors after the games like Elliot, Claris, Will and Helen. In otherwords whats going on in their Lives now that they're succeeding in their Dreams. Plus side quests in new games and Secret & Superbosses to Fight. Even a new story to complete after the main game involving all the visitors would be cool.B)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

No stupid motion controls, just using the analog nub like god intended. :)

Yes, it's a short and circular analog nub, too, unlike the Wii's controllers. :) I've felt it a little (my brothers have 3DSes, not me), and it seems perfect for NiGHTS, aside from being small. Makes me very happy. I really hope Sega jumps on this opportunity, especially since so much of my time is spent on the road now.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I'd love to see Sega do it, but I'm still a bit skeptical on whether they'll do it or not. We haven't promoted the campaign much at all in months. It makes me a bit sad, really. If we want this port bad enough, we should still be making a hell of a lot of noise about it. So my question is, why aren't we?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I'd love to see Sega do it, but I'm still a bit skeptical on whether they'll do it or not. We haven't promoted the campaign much at all in months. It makes me a bit sad, really. If we want this port bad enough, we should still be making a hell of a lot of noise about it. So my question is, why aren't we?

I think it's a case of "Where do we go from here?" We've done art, a video, the petition, and it's made it to a lot of news sites...we can't do a letter-writing campaign after last time, and the "TRiP and DiGi make a huge ultimatum" thing has been done, so what's the next logical step for a big push?

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Well my issue is that we haven't even been really talking about it at all for ages. I can understand running out of creative ideas, but the least we can do is keep mentioning it anywhere and everywhere every couple of days or so. We really need to push the nid15.com page because that thing is lacking attention some. What upsets me some as well is that we haven't even talked about the campaign on the forums here at all in months much. If we want this port, why aren't we even discussing it at all any more?

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
All I can see is that things have been really, really slow lately. Outside of us few people on the forums here, there really isn't much going on on the NiD side of things. What we really need to do is drum up some serious intrest, but with DiGi and TRiP being busy, there's not much we can do right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users