Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Article- Gamers and Dream Control

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://www.livescien...ams-100525.html

So.. going by this, playing NiGHTS could help one lucid dream, theoretically..

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Interesting... makes a lot of sense once you think about it though.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I wonder if she knows about NiGHTS...

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I've read something like this before. I don't know if it was the same article, but it was at least the same subject. Yeah, it does make a lot of sense, though outside of here I don't know a whole lot of gaming lucid dreamers. The difference in aggression is interesting. I do have to say that I still try to run in nightmares when it's feasible, but when I'm cornered or there's someone else in trouble and I fight back, I do tend to do stuff that I later think may have been going too far. How come Gackenbach had only 35 males in her study while there were 63 females? I mean, that's nearly double the amount of women.

Sora

Sora

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I wish I could play this game, but I don't have it. I have a Wii, but I don't have the game itself.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I agree with this article buy alas I play video games before bed and I still have a hard time with dream recall let alone LDing. I'm sure it works for some and not for others. I bet if I were to do some dream mantras while playing games or be playing NiGHTS in particular before bed it might help, I must try this some time. Been too strained doing WILDS DILDS MILDS WBTB's Hell we can do GILDS (Game Induced Lucid Dreams) now XD

The Exile

The Exile

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
playing NiD helps me ever get to sleep in the first place, its very relaxing to play. It doesn't seem to help me have decent dreams or fight nightmares, though. I play Mother games to help me fight nightmares - I have a kind of anti-Giygas ritual when I know I'm likely to have a nightmare - and nothing helps me have good dreams except having a sensible sleep pattern for once.

There are certain games I absolutely can't play, or think about, before sleep, mostly Dragon Force because I will dream about messed-up slash pairings of the characters.

Ozcrash

Ozcrash

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Wow, really interesting subject. And it makes sense.

I really liked the part that it says we can see ourselves in fps or third person camera and also switching between in the same dream. I now noticed I do that a lot. I be myself, then still myself but seeing me from outside, like a game.,

Anyways, I don't know the scientific terms so I don't understand what msot of you guys say. I have no idea what "lucid dreaming" is. :)

But okay, so just that's all. :lol:

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Anyways, I don't know the scientific terms so I don't understand what msot of you guys say. I have no idea what "lucid dreaming" is. :lol:

It means that you know you are dreaming, and can play around with the dream. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users