Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reala's Vest Hiding Something?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Okay, so take a look at this... Look under the vest. (Pic courtesy of Maresuke from the Hacking JoD thread.)
See the gray? Either duct tape or bandages...I think it's the latter.

Either NiGHTS was too rough in their battle in NiD, Wizeman did something, or Reala did something wrong cause he might have been injured quite badly since the first, and last, game.

Am I the only one noticing how...weird this is? His original tri-diamond pattern on his front being covered due to...a possible injury? This also may have to do with why Jackle's gone story-wise, but who knows? (No, I have never played NiD...sadly.)

So anyone else ever wonder about that or am I just speaking to myself in Crystal Palace?

I'm going with the theory that he got horribly injured, Jackle got banished (jailed, or worse) by Wizeman, and Reala tried to hide those markings since they were from his original defeat, his miserable failure. So....he went on to become more powerful. Probably with Wizeman's help.

From this post on out, it's all speculation...

[I made the topic since it seemed no one else touched the subject. Everyone's staring at his Persona mostly on a face that seems to lack oxygen. And his fingernails. Pretty, pretty fingernails.]

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Personaly i think it's just supposed to look strappy Samurai-ish or warrior like. Reala has so many different looks going on in JoD it's hard to tell lol.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I think it's part of his redesign to make him look more warrior and less prissy flamboyant, like NiGHTS. Those bandages seem to me to be more along the lines of trying to make Reala look 'tough' rather than recovering from a wound.

As far as NiD and JoD connections go, it's never directly confirmed as being a sequel. At no point in the game does anybody ever refer to anything that happened in NiD, therefore i can't see this being a case of Reala being injured from the fight that took place in NiD.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I think its a re-design because hes got some wrappings on his arms too and I figured that was just for show, I hadn't noticed it before on his torso though. If Sonic Team does make a new NiGHTS game I'm sure (or hope atleast) that they keep in mind that that was a design on his body and its still there even if hes wearing something over it. It served for more mysterious fan speculation and probable storyline O0o00o0 Hinthintsegahint.

@ DiGi but they have him bat tights! Bats are gar but tights scream flamer ::looks at his fiery design:: FFF lol.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I think they pretty much wanted to give Reala a new look for the new game. I think Sega felt it would be boring if they left him exactly as he was in NiD.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
purely to argue against you's for fun for all of us, i argue that it is bandages and it's not bats, it's scars! now argue against me, and we shall have a debate about this! :P

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Part of his redesign or not, I still like to connect things. It's a habit/hobby when I see the chance. (Although, I've long stopped doing that for series such as Sonic and Zelda.) And warrior sm-arrior, he has pink nails. Warriors don't wear pink. (Ignoring Power Rangers.)

I like backstory. So sue me.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I always thought thit it was armour, but your idea is really cool. You should try writing a fanfic about what you think happened between NiD and Jod, :)

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

I always thought thit it was aromour, but your idea is really cool. You should try wrtining a fanfic about what you think happened between NiD and Jod, :)

Eh. I never played NiD. I can't write it. Actually playing the game would be nice to know how it feels and all and it would be better than watching youtube videos. T_T

Besides, I have a bunch of ideas for other fanfics (NiGHTS related and otherwise) that are cluttering my mind. I could probably get a basis down but... :/ .......We'll see. I'll have to do more NiD research on Reala for a feel of his character (I like to be as accurate as possible) then compare it to JoD. ...Chart time!

And now back to our topic at hand.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Hmm... this is a good observation, that I never noticed! In reality, I think SEGA just added it to update his appearance from NiD. But there's nothing wrong with having a little backstory to things. What you said, SmashQueen, could be true. It's a cool way to look at it. :angry:

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
I know this is kind of off topic, but that picture of Reala is very entrancing.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I know this is kind of off topic, but that picture of Reala is very entrancing.

It is. I love the colour of Reala's eyes.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.

It is. I love the colour of Reala's eyes.

I second that. Or third. Whatever.

I agree, anyways. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users