Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IMPORTANT: Major website rehaul planned

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Unfortunately you cannot turn the subtitles off :)

If you just need the opening FMV's for now I should be able to help you with that (the ingame stuff can be an ongoing project for later)

Lemme see if I can do something tonight...

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Awesome work, TRiPPY! ^^ I love what you've done so far. Makes me feel guilty for wanting to submit something and to add your work (everything's in tabs right now, haven't subbed it...yet; might in a moment).

Super TRiPPY, multi-tasking and deserving of gourmet chocolate when the site is finally set up completely. ^^

...Man oh man... Weird image of a person in purple spandex making 'whoosh-ing' noises while running, arms extended outwards, up and down the block. That'd be awesome. XP But seriously, you deserve something nice for doing this. I don't know anyone else who would update an entire fansite (minus forums), especially one as big as this.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

Thanks Wonderman ;)

how'd ya like that noxalucious (these nicknames are gettin weird!) seems people are catchin on :) soon no-one will remember your real username! :P and again, kudos on all the hard work TRiPPY!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Ok so now i have my new monitor set up. Just getting to grips with it at the mo, still messing around with its settings. This site looks amazing on it *v*

Will take a photo of it when its done.

Massive thanks to Jof! (that was one HUGE box XD)

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Mornin TRiPPY,

Try this video and let me know if the format and quality is what you're looking for.

Intro FMV (234MB)

I can do the other FMV's if this one's ok.

Besides the 2 intros for the kids, I'm trying to remember what other FMV's there are. Can someone remind me?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*downloading*

When you complete JoD there's a video viewing gallery that has all the kids FMV in if that helps?

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Theres only like...what...

The Intro, Will opening and ending, Helen's opening and ending...And I dunno if there is an ending for all A ranks as my Wii has been broke for quite awhile.

And if you are gonna all the in-game scenes then there is the fact that after you beat the game once there is that one scene while if you beat the game with both of them that one scene is just gone...

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Thanks guys, I'll try to do some more vids tonight when I'm back from work.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oh MAN i love this screen. You guys don't know how painful it was to use my old screen ;_; it was giving me terrible migraines from eyestrain. This is like wearing glasses, so sharp. *SOB OF GLEE*

excuse me, off to watch file i just downloaded from Charlie

EDIT- homghomghomg so cool to watch the FMV on this *shoots self*

That quality is just fine! :) The sound quality is particularly good, thank you ^^

Also you know I've never noticed this before but in the FMV (just in the fmv) NiGHTS' sparklies have little leaf/petal things as well as stars *v* Maybe they're feathers? Like with the other boss Maren. Look too small to be feathers though, seem like petals. Omg that's so pretty XD *fangasm*

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Actually I think don't think there is an "All A" ending...

Will and Helen (and their parents) meet up with each other after you've beaten both their stories and beat the game one more time, right?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
The inbuilt webcam is funnnnn! XD LOOK PROOF IM EATING HORRIBLE UNHEALTHY FOOD.
Posted Image
I'll take a photo of the new screen when my camera charges. Now excuse me, i have chocolate to eat ^o^/

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
There ya go, ladies and gents. The money you sent for cake and coffee is going to what it's supposed to be spent on. Well, it seems to be more cake than coffee but who's keeping a record of this? XD

NO! When we ask for your money it goes on what we say we're going to buy, we never ask for money and spend it on other things.

That being said, i need an Xbox 360. Donations will go towards purchasing this piece of hardware! :)

disclaimer notice: DiGi Valentine is not actually asking for donations for 360 games console nor would he specifically ask for help in a NiGHTSintoDreams.com forum thread, which would ruin the websites reputation and cause further damage to DiGi Valentine's own career by making him seem like a money grabbing sod. DiGi Valentine's humor is not on the same level as TRiPPY, who's jokes are very morbid 85% of the time. DiGi Valentine has reserved the right to remove this disclaimer and you without notice. Have a nice sleep.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
>:) IM NOT MORBID!!!

well just a bit

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Trippy, I seem to recall something about suicide and you getting shanked in the first chapters of WTAHM... Am I remembering wrong? >_> :) *is only teasing and not trying to imply anything*

On a much much happier note, I am very glad money is being spent on chocolate. Especially my money. Well spent Trippy, well spent. :P

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
Just make sure not to get chocolate on the keyboard! :)

Enjoy it TRiPPY, You deserve it more then you know :P

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Thanks Wonderman ;)

how'd ya like that noxalucious (these nicknames are gettin weird!) seems people are catchin on :P soon no-one will remember your real username! :P and again, kudos on all the hard work TRiPPY!

I have nicknames! :)

I love them, Dex-a-go-go.

And I dunno if there is an ending for all A ranks as my Wii has been broke for quite awhile.

There is't one, sadly. :(

Someone's posted the JoD cutscenes on YouTube, I think.

Also you know I've never noticed this before but in the FMV (just in the fmv) NiGHTS' sparklies have little leaf/petal things as well as stars *v* Maybe they're feathers? Like with the other boss Maren. Look too small to be feathers though, seem like petals. Omg that's so pretty XD *fangasm*

Now I want to draw NiGHTS posing with sparkles and flower petals~

I have so much fanart to submit; my cabinet has geological layers of drawings. :P

The inbuilt webcam is funnnnn! XD LOOK PROOF IM EATING HORRIBLE UNHEALTHY FOOD.
Posted Image
I'll take a photo of the new screen when my camera charges. Now excuse me, i have chocolate to eat ^o^/

Yay, you got the chocolate! All is right with the world.

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
WHUT?! There's nothing wrong with eating Nutella straight from the jar. And yay for eating unhealthy foods! Like cupcakes... and chocolate... and chinese. -nodnod-

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
D: spent the remainder of yesterday in bed very ill with monster headache so didn't get any work done at all, PAH. Will get back to work today *salute*

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Hope you're feelin better today. Maybe you should eat some more chocolate! :lol:

Here's Will's FMV's (710 MB)

I'll do Helen's tonight after work.

One thing that's interesting is there's no subtitles for the FMV when watched from the title screen, but if you watch it from the video gallery there is subtitles. So you will see some subtitles after the first one.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thanks Charlie! :) It's really nice to be able to see these videos up close and not on my TV downstairs! Noticing a lot of details that I never seen before.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
good lord trippy, you're like a madwoman with all this work o___o good job madam~

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Did actually get work done today, just haven't uploaded it. Honest! Will upload in the morning. Provided i have no distractions. That looks slim. It's a saturday :|

EDIT- uploading Charlies FMV's to the video section.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Here's Helen's FMV's (837 MB)

Uploading takes forever, eh!? lol

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thanks man :)
yeah I've been sat here since 10am uploading the videos to Veoh and my server and right now the JoD intro is at 61% on Veoh and not even halfway on the server XD; I dread to think how long the kid videos are going to take to upload @~@ I'm just doing background work until i can complete the page.

EDIT at 4pm!
Oh lol WOW one of the videos has finished uploading to the server XD the next one up is 234mb which is considerably less. Phew! Though Veoh is STILL uploading the first one @ 98.1%
cmonnnnnnnn

EDIT- righty veoh is now uploading the second video. And the ftp has 138mb to go on the second video.
Veoh = 20hours 30mins remaining D:

EDIT- uploaded the plushie page again:
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/?p=493
I'd love to see some more JoD themed plushies! I mean I'm AMAZED there are no Octopaw plushies in existence!

EDIT at 11PM! STILL UPLOADING! 68.5%. AAARRRRRRRGH lol

EDIT past midnight- http://www.nightsintodreams.com/?p=516
Video still isn't done, but HEY here's the interiors section XD

OH COME ON! IT'S 1AM! *headdesk*

Edit- *silent scream* i can't take another hour, i need sleep *cancels* i'mll do it tommorow im half alsleep right now blaararaghdjg. Im probably going to fall doen the stairs trying to get to bed in the dark.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
those uploads dont half take too long! good luck for tomorrow then TRiPPY! ima work on my website too! (although it'll be sh!t compared to this one, obviously :D)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Morning guys!

Ok started off the upload AGAIN. 5hrs 30 mins to go. I reckon that's do-able.

Just woke up, got up really late D: Had some weird dream about a multi billionaire criminal who plotted to kill/rob everyone on this massive cruiseliner that looked like a manta ray *lol*

And Kisuke, don't worry, nobody makes perfect amazing websites on their first version. This place looked like an utter dump when it first began XD You just learn things as the years go by in terms of layout and design and it evolves. I say go for it! SonicTeam games need more fansites.

and more communities to drag into community events at SEGA

GET MAKING STUFF YOU LOT! >^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... I've just had one of those 'typical TRiPPY moments' (TTM)... it just struck me as i was editing the FMV page... WHY THE HELL AM I UPLOADING THE JOD VIDEOS TO VEOH ANYWAY? D: I DON'T NEED TO! ARRRRRRGH I'M SO STUPID! it's not like i have ANY video players on the entire FMV page. T_T I sat up late lastnight for no reason bawwww all i had to do was upload the files to my own server.

Sometimes i AMAZE myself.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Oh man...I sympathize with ya TRiPPY! Uploading is a pain in the arse...especially when you realize you messed something up and it was a waste of time!

When I uploaded those to my server I did it while I was sleeping because it took about 4 hours each. Just a suggestion.

Btw the site's looking great! I'm interested to see what you do for the "Glitches" and "Research & Tutorials" pages. Those weren't on the old site were they?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD; yeah I'm a ditz. I would have uploaded overnight but we're not allowed to keep stuff on overnight in this house unattended >_>; In my old house I'd leave the pc on for months at a time hhaha.

As for the extra page, yeah i thought it was a better idea to split the video section into better catagories that concentrated on each thing better. So now there's a glitch page where people can submit buggy stuffs with videos and descriptions, A tutorial page for scores, crafts, music arts, anything that requires teaching. I'm looking forward to doing a few nice little 'how to draw NiGHTS' art video tutorials ^_^

EDIT- YEY my video ftp upload is done. Only took all morning! *grin* now i can get back to work before tonights Studio Imagni meeting.

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.

XD; yeah I'm a ditz. I would have uploaded overnight but we're not allowed to keep stuff on overnight in this house unattended >_>; In my old house I'd leave the pc on for months at a time hhaha.

As for the extra page, yeah i thought it was a better idea to split the video section into better catagories that concentrated on each thing better. So now there's a glitch page where people can submit buggy stuffs with videos and descriptions, A tutorial page for scores, crafts, music arts, anything that requires teaching. I'm looking forward to doing a few nice little 'how to draw NiGHTS' art video tutorials

EDIT- YEY my video ftp upload is done. Only took all morning! *grin* now i can get back to work before tonights Studio Imagni meeting.

Studio Imagni has meetings? Oooh, that makes you guys sound all professional! ...NOT TO SAY THAT YOU AREN'T!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
We have meetings every Sunday with our colorist Kichigai to discuss work that's been done, deadlines, story development and all sorts of random stuff, like drunken kareoke and fighting bears.
Today her art was insanely amazing. Hence my slight distraction.

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Drunken kareoke? Fighting bears? Colorist?! It sounds awesome...

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

We have meetings every Sunday with our colorist Kichigai to discuss work that's been done, deadlines, story development and all sorts of random stuff, like drunken kareoke and fighting bears.
Today her art was insanely amazing. Hence my slight distraction.

I didn't know Kichigai was part of the new Engelbaum staff, too. That's cool. I imagine she takes a chunk of the workload off of you.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
oh yah, now i can concentrate on getting better at drawing and inking the story while she makes it all eyeburningly colorful and full of glitter. And ohhh how it glitters~

I'm off for the night guys. I didn't get much sleep yesterday o_@ Early start tommorow.

Sleep well peoples!
xx

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Drunken kareoke? Fighting bears? Colorist?! It sounds awesome...

And now you know why TRiPPY can do so much amazing site work. She divides up the chores between herself and the angry, intoxicated, singing bears. :o

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Morning folks! Wow i slept in today again, you can tell it's not summer anymore because i sleep longer when it's dark in the mornings.

*pauses for breath*

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!!!!! :D :D :D

omg yay the parental is on holiday.

Thanks for all your input and support on the OCR project yesterday. It's nice to see the forums active again ^^
Gonna get more work done today!

EDIT-
Fixed the forum head/banner to point to www.nightsintodreams.com instead of the old index page incase anyone new to the site wonders why they get stuck on a broken page.
If any of you need to access the old site layout for whatever reason you can still find it here:
http://www.nightsint...m/NiD/index.htm

EDIT-
Added a list of the NiGHTS related SEGA blogs to the site since they're nice enough to acknowledge us. That and it's funny to re-read them XD

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
i feel like a right fool for not noticin you reply to what i said TRiPPY! :D well, i have made somewhat of a fansite, but it's incomplete, i could show you's my progress though? and hope the website's not bein too much of a hassle!

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
listen, when will the comics section be back?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

listen, when will the comics section be back?

look, when we get around to it :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Morning guys! Done some plugin searching lastnight and found a good gallery system for the official art (i hope, i think). So going to get that up and running today. Going to be slowly filling up all the blank pages before i create any new ones. Uploading the rest of the videos to veoh/youtube and seeing how much i can get done before lunch.

Hello to the new people who signed up the past few days ^^ Good to have you here.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

Hello to the new people who signed up the past few days ^^ Good to have you here.

...how many people signed up in the last few days, TRiPPY? What hath thou connections wrought!

Edit: also, Hi as well to anyone that came here as a result of the blog about the project. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users