Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
On Russian boards, someone pointed out that those could be Chao' eyes as well X) and I think that makes more sense actually (why would NiGHTS be in Bingo Highway of all places?)

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I'm still not fazed that this game is anything more than a Mario Kart knock-off that falls short... even with DLC and online Gameplay... (but I still support NiGHTS, and he needs to be in it)
Time to look up some gameplay...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
If you've played the game you'll understand it's not. That's like saying every karting game featuring mascot characters is Mario Kart. And that Mario Kart was Sonic Drift, Sonic R, DiddyKong Racing and so on. It's better than Mario Kart, and not just because i prefer SEGA, but because it plays and looks better. Shittons of love has went into this game. Sumo are racing enthusiast fanboys.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
And plus...It plays like Outrun...Just...with items.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
*v* exactly! And Outrun is a wonderful thing~

It'd be cool if they made ASR arcade cabinets XD

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
Outrun runs my life at the moment.

*points to sig of most recent game played*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
It's our game of choice at the arcades! Love it so baaad.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Mario Kart, Sonic Drift, Sonic R, and DiddyKong Racing were all quite different by raceing standards...
Mario Kart was item use heavy with little gimicks here and there...
Sonic R was on foot and felt kind-of like a platformer
DiddyKong Racing included different ways to race.
And Sonic Drift... well... was god awful...
But looking at the Demo I might be able to see some of the appeal...
I hope the online gameplay isn't a lag-fest...

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
It's ssssooooo ffffuuuunnn!!!! T_T

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
It's not often (EVER) that i see DiGi get so excited for something after playing it and go on about it for weeks afterwards about how good it is. And that's without NiGHTS. If NiGHTS gets in as playable DiGi will probably do a backflip all the way to SEGA HQ and kiss everyone. BE AFRAID!

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
Pics if that happens.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Outrun Online Arcade is awesome.

I would play it with you Jax, except... I have no 360 at the moment! *hugs my PSTriple*

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

Outrun Online Arcade is awesome.

I would play it with you Jax, except... I have no 360 at the moment! *hugs my PSTriple*

And the PS3 does not have it at all...

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

And the PS3 does not have it at all...

PS3 has it in Europe, but not in the US :lol:

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube
lol. Interesting.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Official Boxart Released

Well, there's Banjooie. They're in. This will please some of you, some of you will feel irritated. Me? I feel nothing. At this point in time i'm waiting on DLC of NiGHTS. They could have SpankBubSqaureShit as a character in ASR and i really can't feel the need to care. My minds firmly set on NiGHTS getting that DLC.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Yeah, that does kind of irritate me. I'm like you though, DiGi. NiGHTS is what we're here for.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Official Boxart Released

Well, there's Banjooie. They're in. This will please some of you, some of you will feel irritated. Me? I feel nothing. At this point in time i'm waiting on DLC of NiGHTS. They could have SpankBubSqaureShit as a character in ASR and i really can't feel the need to care. My minds firmly set on NiGHTS getting that DLC.

Well... it's happened... Sega finally numbed Digi to the world...
But even in the face of random crap from Sega he still remains onto the hopes that NiGHTS will be DLC...
So insperational...
)_;

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Box art been pulled.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Bah I say! Show us NiGHTS SEGA! Frickin' Banjo-Kazooie.... I'm a fan of the earlier games and it's fine they made it onto the roster since I don't care enough to have much of an opinion on it (others, like you said DiGi, will be happy about them), but dang it we need NiGHTS...

Edit: Whoa. Posted a bit too late. ...Although maybe my browser is screwing up because I still see it.
Edit 2: Nevermind. Internet connection slowed to a crawl and didn't notice the next news story.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Banjo-Kazooie is pretty much confirmed? HELL ON TOAST!

It's really tragic because in the Saturn/N64 days, I was a Saturn kid. No way would I own some crummy PLAYSTATION or NINTENDO 64, ew, Sega all the way. And now Sega's basically saying "lol, what's a Saturn? N64 all the way!"
(I realize Banjo-Kazooie are technically Rare characters and have a 360 game, but AFAIK everyone pretty much only loves them from their N64 game.)

Spew!

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
I am literally rolling on the Floor laughing. HE LOOKS SO OUT OF PLACE!!!
*Goes off to lol some more*

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
LOL, Saturn. You must have had a pretty crummy generation if that was the only system you owned.

I didn't get my Saturn until last year, which I only paid $50 for and it was brand new that has never been used. Awesome deal.

Posted Image

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I'm really disappointed that this is happening. The only thing we can do now is just keep pushing for the DLC.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Just read a rather ignorant magazine article stating that: "It's good that NiGHTS isn't in ASR, his Wii game didn't sell well anyway."

>__>

This is why we cant have nice things.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
*facepalm* Do you see that SEGA? Deleted stupidity.

Edit: Blah... This is why I shouldn't stay up past midnight. My brain goes to mush and I can't read straight. >>

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
I'm seeing people in various places complain about Sumo blaming THEM for this latest character reveal. Wtf. Since when would little Sumo have a say on big cross platform IP's? They just make the game. SEGA seems to be the one shoehorning gimmicks in. At summer of Sonic it was said that the game originaly didn't have items, it was a flat out racer, and the name was a hell of a lot shorter. I really can't see Sumo making that kind of decision because they are big gaming geeks and know when something sounds stupid themselves. This is all flat out marketing moves. I wont diss the characters because i know nothing of them and haven't played the games, but i just think it's sad that a game about SEGA characters has to include others but not their own. I mean yeah the extra character gimmick in Soul Calibur worked well, but it kinda tarnished the point of the game and pissed off a lot of fans.

And now you guys are slowly seeing why we've been stewing for so long. It'll keep unfolding until you see we were right about NiGHTS. And at that point you'll feel really let down. Unless of course SEGA actually listened to us and adds NiGHTS in at the last second as playable (wont happen), a cameo (possible but right now there is NOTHING of NiGHTS in the game), or DLC (possible if we keep pushing for it and actually BUY it when it comes out!). Eitherway SEGA is cutting it incredibly fine with us NiGHTS fans, and if something changes now, it WILL be directly because of this community and our actions, otherwise they wouldn't give two hoots.

But part of me still believes that SEGA cares and can fix this. And for that nostalgic reason i wont give up on them, or trying to get NiGHTS in.

Don't let this put you off the game. Banjo is just a tiny blip on the NiGHTS agenda. What's important is that we get NiGHTS represented, not who else is in the game.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Dear Sega,

Proper Marketing: ur doing it wrong.

Love,

Fans

I wrote something really long an meaningful here about marketing and target consumers, etc. I deleted it because it's just wasted breath for me now. It's just becoming increasingly apparent that Sega is sweeping many things under the rug in favor of tie-ins.

*exhausted shout* NiGHTS. DLC. *passout*

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Ugh, wow. Now, some of you may know, I quite like Banjo-Kazooie. Theyre really pretty decent fun games.
But I love NiGHTS even more, and I am fuming that these two are in over NiGHTS. Absolutely raging.

And you know what, I feel really sorry for Sumo. I feel like SEGA is shitting all over their hard work. Sumo comes and makes this really brilliant racer with all these high hopes of classic SEGA characters, and a neat catchy name.

But no. SEGA says NO NiGHTS!
Then SEGA says, no, not Superstars Racing. Sonic sells more. Call it Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing.
Then SEGA says, hey, we can make more money, let's add Banjo Kazooie in as a console exclusive.
Then SEGA says, hey, now the title is Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie. Can you fit that on the box? You'll have to > = |

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
I realized that the internet isn't just full of idiots: the whole world is. Sega's just given them all high-level management positions and THEN let the rest run around the internet.

Jof, hand me some of your rage. Next thing you know, we'll be seeing "Bayonetta and Sega All-Stars Salad Tossing with Marcus Fenix and Mr. Game-and-Watch".

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Next thing you know, we'll be seeing "Bayonetta and Sega All-Stars Salad Tossing with Marcus Fenix and Mr. Game-and-Watch".

^LOL, I'd play that, but only if the animation had a Ralph Bakshi feel to it.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I'm just getting sick of people telling me we're wasting our time with this campaign. They just don't seem to understand that this is important to us. These are the kind of people who never get off their asses and fight for something they believe in though...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Exactly, so why should it bother you. If we manage to get NiGHTS into this game in some shape or form it's a massive win for us, both as fans and consumers. Plus it would make a lot of people sit up and realise that SEGA can listen. It certainly wouldn't be doing them any harm. It'd be great PR. If they were to acknowledge NiGHTS' total absence and then fix it and come out and say 'Yeah he wasn't planned, BUT due to fan demand for NiGHTS here he is, we don't forget NiGHTS!' or something. Fans would leghump them all the way to the bank! If we get NiGHTS as playable DLC it would show the naysayers that they can give a damn about fan opinion. And i don't mean generic mass opinon like 'OMG MAKE A 3d SONIC!1'. Thats obvious and has been asked for for years. NiGHTS is cult classic but keeps a faithful fanbase. And that's us guys, spanning the few fansites created over the years. We might not be as big as the Sonic fanbase, but for our tiny size we make up for our big mouths and actions over words and whining. So for SEGA to acknowledge that NiGHTS -DOES- still have fans that love him dearly it'd be simply bigging themselves up at the end of the day. I mean sure if NiGHTS DLC did come out, there would be those of us who would still feel angry that he wasn't in the main game in the first place, but I don't think any of us would begrudge SEGA saying they care a lot about the character too.

Just stick your fingers in your ears, stay sensible and peaceful, and just keep loving NiGHTS.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Now that I think about it, I want NiGHTS to be in even more so that he would be part of the Donkey Kong Universe.

And then Mark over at the Donkey Kong Universe forums would make neat neon avatars of him.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Ugh.. if the Banjo box thing stuff is really happening that way, I think I'm going to be woozy..

The neon idea is cute.. *puts on list of things to make*

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Ugh.. if the Banjo box thing stuff is really happening that way, I think I'm going to be woozy..

The neon idea is cute.. *puts on list of things to make*

Yeah, the rules of "Donkey Kong Universitisation" is if either Donkey Kong, Conker, or Banjo appear in a game, all of the characters within such game become part of the DKU. That is because DK, Conker, and Banjo all have ties to Diddy Kong Racing. It's hard to explain without showing you the article on it:

http://www.dkvine.co...is_the_dku.html

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
Just spent a bit reading through their forums and it's nice to see intelligent non fanscreamy conversation going on. God forbid, a pleasant community? D:

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Lot of touching conversation here. Totally agree with what TRiP said too. What's the harm? For one thing it doesn't take that much time and effort to raise your voice. Secondly, nobody ever achieved anything by sitting on their thumbs.

On a different note, Banjo-Kazooie doesn't really matter to me. The games are fun and all but I can't grasp the logic of their inclusion in this title for reasons I've already stated. They aren't exactly A-List mascots who will push copies. Sega really can't market for crap. If they just wanted to push copies on the 360 with the guest character gimmick why didn't they go for a more widely known mascot like Master Chief in a Warthog? Microsoft owns Rare and Bungie so... I don't know where this train of thought is going.

I hope I'm not tempting fate.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
I just can't stand the idea that they'd sooner place a non- Sega character on the front of the game's box while actual Sega characters are left up in the air. If they cared to show any good taste they'd leave Banjo and Kazooie to be unlocked, or downloadable.

Why is it we have to fight for NiGHTS to even be downloadable while Banjo and Kazooie make it to the box art?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
As far as Banjooie goes, i can't understand why they are there either other than the fact money was involved and SEGA said "yesplz", most probably. And it's all good, i'm fine with it. I don't care. At the end of the day it wouldn't be the first time a completely unneeded character has crossed-over for some reason or another. The whole Soul Calibur thing with the Star Wars characters still doesn't sit right with me, even after all this time ...but whatever there, i don't lose sleep over it.

Same with Banjooie. Right now, i really don't care as i'm too focused on trying to get NiGHTS back in the game.
To me, the game has my favourite Sonic character (Knuckles), has Shenmue's Ryo Hazuki in there too, plus a bunch of other good SEGA characters like Beat and Alexx Kidd and on top of all of that the game plays reaaaally nicely. It is already a great game. It's just missing a certain purple jester that should have been in there from the start. And, from my eyes, if that's the only thing that's missing then that's the only thing i'm going to worry about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users