Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random thought thread

• Please log in to reply
1521 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I went to see Joel, Tv's Frank, Trace, Mary Jo, and J. Elvis in DC last Friday night. These are the people basically responsible for creating and doing MST3k for the first few years, and they were doing a live Cinematic Titanic show at the Lisner Auditorium. I went there with a buddy from OCR and his friends, had Peruvian food for dinner, and went to a side-splittingly funny performance. My cheeks still hurt from smiling so much, I now definitely feel more complete. While definitely not a PG show in the least, I encourage any of you able to see them on their tour to do so. Seeing them live with a huge audience makes watching MST3k at home alone seem like a sad experience in comparison. Yes, it was that good.

I'm going next week, the day after RiffTrax does their next live simulcast to movie theatres with "House on Haunted Hill." My eyes are getting MSTie just thinking about it. :D

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'm working on my resume for a librarian position at Cornell University. I feel a little weird about this! I mean, Cornell is a for-serious Ivy League academic institution. And I could be *working* for them! Being one of the cogs in the academic machine that pumps out super well-educated peoples!

I would be... AN ACADEMIC!
BEHOLD, MY MANY SMARTY-POINTS!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I'm working on my resume for a librarian position at Cornell University. I feel a little weird about this! I mean, Cornell is a for-serious Ivy League academic institution. And I could be *working* for them! Being one of the cogs in the academic machine that pumps out super well-educated peoples!

I would be... AN ACADEMIC!
BEHOLD, MY MANY SMARTY-POINTS!

Posted Image

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I go to return a rental video at my local anime store, and the FBI has the whole section blocked off. O.o What the heck?! I've only seen those guys in movies up til now. Not sure what they're there for. It's probably more likely for it to be due to the Marine recruitment office next door than the Allstate or Anime World stores, though. It was kind of a bummer, though. I wanted to watch more Kaleido Star this evening.

Posted Image

LOL Good one!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I go to return a rental video at my local anime store, and the FBI has the whole section blocked off. O.o What the heck?! I've only seen those guys in movies up til now. Not sure what they're there for. It's probably more likely for it to be due to the Marine recruitment office next door than the Allstate or Anime World stores, though. It was kind of a bummer, though. I wanted to watch more Kaleido Star this evening.

You can't just leave us with that! If you find out what's going on, I have to know. :) Unless you're stumbled across secret millitary operation 134250293, "P.O.K.E.M.O.N," and are being taken away by spies, though....

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
It could be a bootlegging operation, as that's a big element in the anime-merch world. And it usually ties to big international organized crime rings. Still weird though.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

You can't just leave us with that! If you find out what's going on, I have to know. :P Unless you're stumbled across secret millitary operation 134250293, "P.O.K.E.M.O.N," and are being taken away by spies, though....

It could be a bootlegging operation, as that's a big element in the anime-merch world. And it usually ties to big international organized crime rings. Still weird though.

Actually, I found out with some online research and the news channels that it's because of the Marine Corps recruitment center two doors down from Anime World XD You may know (but I didn't know until now because I live under a rock) that there's been mysterious shootings at places related to the Marines. Well, this place apparently was another target. Someone shot the windows out sometime past 9 pm Monday but before 5 am Tuesday. No one's been hurt in these shootings because whoever it is does it when no one's around, but it understandably has the government concerned, so the FBI has gotten involved in the case. http://www.realclear...es__museum.html

I was relieved when I found out it had nothing to do with the anime store, because the owner is such a sweet lady. I couldn't imagine her bootlegging anything, but I could imagine her unknowingly acquiring some. Today the FBI was gone, so I went in and got more anime <3 We talked about the incident a little bit. Poor lady, she opened up shop for a long time, waiting for the off-chance of customers, until around 4 or 5 pm when she finally asked the FBI how much longer they were going to take. "Five more hours," they said, so she gave up on business that day and left. They've cleared out now, though. The only evidence that anything happened is that the recruitment office's windows are boarded up and it's dark inside.

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Random thought: I'm sick of lurking.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
I finally have a mine shaft in the works! :P No more trouble looking for cobblestone. Once I dig down enough, I'll see what I can do about making a trap in order to rake in the spoils big time. Saw one system on youtube. Hoo boy, that's a huge mob.

In the meanwhile, still waiting for that update on Jadusable's little Majora's Mask-based game. Time's ticking down to when people are going to communicate with the big bad Entity one-on-one. >:3 Some people are hyped, others are scared, but in the end it's the world against one heck of a nightmarish being. Still think it'll end with the Entity being sealed up though, unless a sort of "virus" is unleashed to counteract it or something. >.>

Lastly, cultivating some plot bunnies to make some sense. No idea where's they're going though.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Last night I saw Rifftrax live. Gotta say, it wasn't as good an experience as Cinematic Titanic, but still unbelievably funny.

Oh, and for ANY fans of Nintendo fan games, definitely gotta check this out. I believe today is the last day, so get to exploring and downloading!

Nintendo Community Fangame Convention!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Last night I saw Rifftrax live. Gotta say, it wasn't as good an experience as Cinematic Titanic, but still unbelievably funny.

Oh, and for ANY fans of Nintendo fan games, definitely gotta check this out. I believe today is the last day, so get to exploring and downloading!

Nintendo Community Fangame Convention!

Glad you had a good time. :P

O_O Dang it. Gotta wait until later to check out those games. *starts bookmarking*

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Rest in peace, Takeshi Shudo. :P

Sorry for the double post, but this deserves being mentioned. Just how many lives did he affect?

Auto-Fox

Auto-Fox

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Rest in peace, Mr. Shudo. May a flight of Pidgeots guide thee to thy rest.
...sorry, that IS really sad... you have no idea how much of a Pokemon freak I was back in the day.

DAMMIT! Forgot what I was gonna post.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
I did teen programming at a local public library earlier today. I was really nervous because I haven't been around high school-kids in QUITE a while and was afraid they would hate anything I had to say. It ended up being the opposite! They loved me and the librarian wants me to come back in the future!

I don't know if I actually will or not though. I want to be an academic librarian and plan on moving out of the area after graduating.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I did teen programming at a local public library earlier today. I was really nervous because I haven't been around high school-kids in QUITE a while and was afraid they would hate anything I had to say. It ended up being the opposite! They loved me and the librarian wants me to come back in the future!

I don't know if I actually will or not though. I want to be an academic librarian and plan on moving out of the area after graduating.

That's great! What was it you did?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
I basically started a discussion about how everyone first got into anime/manga, showed the openings of some older/more obscure titles, and gave away Pocky/Ramune for prizes for answering trivia.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
I shall always hate Canary Mary. And did she have to be named 'Mary'? T_T Crazy bird...woman... Imagine if you had to rotate the control stick to beat her.

Still figuring out LiveJournal, reliving some N64 memories, trying to gulp down my soda that's quickly losing its fizz, waiting on Jadusable to update his game, and thinking of getting out what's needed to finish up more Wind Mage stuff.

Brain does not work well in the mornings or without caffeine. @_@

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
I am currently sporting a sparkly yellow top hat, just in time for my first Rocky Horrror experience in a theatre this coming Friday. :P

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
I was told yesterday that I'm the one in my group of friends is the initiator. I suppose they're right. While the other girls are concerned with having a guy to text, I'm the one sceduling get togethers and reminding them to keep thinking about there post-school plans XD

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
...post-school? o.O You mean school can END??? :P

I am currently sporting a sparkly yellow top hat, just in time for my first Rocky Horrror experience in a theatre this coming Friday. :D

The theatrical experience is the only one that counts! I hope it is fun and not *too* overwhelming.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Today is my 20th birthday! :)

Auto-Fox

Auto-Fox

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Happeh birfday!!

I'm seriously considering dipping into my savings account and buying a netbook to replace the piece of sh*t I have now...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

The theatrical experience is the only one that counts! I hope it is fun and not *too* overwhelming.

I'm going with three other cinema virgins and another one of our friends, so it's like a support group! :) I'm just afraid of what the virgin sacrifice will be! :o

Today is my 20th birthday! :D

Happy birthday! The other day two of my friends were talking about something and the name Musashi was mentioned. I immediately though of you. :) Am I spending too much time on the forums? I think so.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Today is my 20th birthday! :)

Happy birthday, dude. :)

@NoctourneWonderland - Have a good time at the theatre. ^^

Thought: My brain feels like it's not getting enough creative stimulation. The little spark just isn't getting bright enough. Maybe an all-nighter with some good sources of inspiration would help.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
PlayStation Lounge opens in Manhattan tomorrow.. http://www.1up.com/n...ounge-manhattan

Hm.. I should probably go to this..

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
http://www.1up.com/d...try?bId=9063981

Guess which purple jester the artist included :)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
Oh man! I'm going to have to make Mega Man NiGHTS in Perler beads!

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
OH GOD... David Tennent as Hamlet. It's very hard to suppress my Fangirlisness when I watch him.
This must be how all those girls in the 50's-60's must have felt whenever they saw Elvis or the Beatles...

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed more times now than I can count. Which has made me a very angry person over the last few days, because it could "drop" any minute.

Maybe this game was never meant to be released...

Also job interviews are nerve-racking.

And pizza is delicious.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling

And later I looked at the picture I'd been so rushed in taking and saw that, yes, she had touched Optimus. Her life is fulfilled. XD

Dude I'm so jealous right now *u*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
Rocky Horror tonight, and tomorrow I'm going to one of the places where the movie "The House by the Cemetery" was filmed. :P

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Google is trying to correct me on the word "don't." It's telling me not to use an apostrophe. Google's got some nerve trying to f**k with me like this.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
I know Saturn ads were one David Lynch-ish big lipped alligator moment, but did any video game commercials make sense in the 90s? Look at this.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Yeahz, I get to bake a birthday cake this weekend~ :3

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

Yeahz, I get to bake a birthday cake this weekend~ :3

w00t.

-------

My random thought: I've had to live on a modified diet these past few weeks, and for the next few weeks, due to doctor's orders (tummy issues, don't ask, believe me). They want to see if a set of particular issues will resolve on their own, but it's really hard because I can't have: tomato products, spicy food, popcorn, nuts, seedy foods, chocolate, caffeine, BEER AND ALE. I LIVE on spicy foods and tomato products, for the most part. The upside is that I'm learning some new recipes as a result. :(

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Random thought: These forums move too slow. How do we make them faster?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
SLY 4 http://gamevideos.1u.../video/id/32183

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

SLY 4 http://gamevideos.1u.../video/id/32183

O___O FF- *screams, has a heart attack, faints*

Does it have to be on the PS3? Gah. Always on the platforms I don't have. >.<

Aaaand now I forgot what I wanted to say. Frack you Sucker Punch! XD; Alright, have a goal for the next five or so years: scrape together enough cash and get a PS3 then buy Sly 4 when it gets released. >.> Along with Kingdom Heart 3 and any Ratchet & Clank games I've missed.

Thoughts: This is more like a lingering thought thread. Random implies it was spur of the moment, but if the thought stays on your mind all day or even for an hour, it's not really a random thought anymore is it? O.o Just some ramblings.

Lately, it has been good to be a Super Mario RPG fan again. Just a series of things related to the game have happened lately, mostly a mini comic starring Geno done by Nintendo-Nut1 of deviantart. The good times are expected to last another two or three days. After that, maybe some Klonoa stuff will pop up. >.>

Oh! And the show The Walking Dead is so suspenseful. Missed last night's episode, but so far the show has been keeping my nerves on edge. Who will die? Who will live? Will this plan work, will that person be saved, etc.? Anybody else seen it? It's been on amc here in the States and Hulu has the first episode up along with some clips.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
^I've read the comic for The Walking Dead, have to catch up on the last few volumes though. I'm watching the show too. They tend to repeat it a bunch, might even be on right now.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
In the second Scott Pilgrim book, Ramona's 3rd evil ex-boyfriend has two groupies.

One of them looks EXACTLY like TRiPPY.

EDIT: I guess I should say that her name is Envy Adams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users