Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Channel 5

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, VOCALOID, the Dream Dimention, Art
Ah~ SC5 with a DDR pad is really fun. I'd only play part 2 though 'cause the timing's less strict... And this goes for most dance games, but meta pads are nicer for this stuff. You already spaz out with SC5, imagine on a slipery mat. Sore wa... Up left is shoot, up right is hey. Just like SC5 on eyetoy. Playing on Heavy has nothing to do with it either really... (I'm a heavy player too~) It's a whole new game... Sort of like playing Pump It Up for the first time. Using every panel that you don't on DDR's confusing. Using the same panels and a completely different game is just as hard. It's still fun though~ You should all try. They had DDR for the DC. You might be able to find a mat~ :3

And there are actually a few statues, but I'm surprised you saw one in person~
I want this for my DC... even though I don't have SC5 for it. XP I like my PS2. XP
Posted Image

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
O_O It looks like it hasn't seen the light of day in years, but...I got it. >> GameStop at No Man's Land, Uptown where you rarely see gamers. I swear I went in there and the place was deserted. Nice cashier though. Took a peek before leaving and a lot of used games actually still had their original boxes. *ahem* Anyways...

Now I can start the long and painful journey of opening every secret and completing both discs. :o Up-shoot-down-down-right-up-down... Shoot!

._.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

And there are actually a few statues, but I'm surprised you saw one in person~
I want this for my DC... even though I don't have SC5 for it. XP I like my PS2. XP
Posted Image

I WANT THAT.

Is that the Japanese SC5? Mine looks different.

O_O It looks like it hasn't seen the light of day in years, but...I got it. >> GameStop at No Man's Land, Uptown where you rarely see gamers. I swear I went in there and the place was deserted. Nice cashier though. Took a peek before leaving and a lot of used games actually still had their original boxes. *ahem* Anyways...

Now I can start the long and painful journey of opening every secret and completing both discs. :D Up-shoot-down-down-right-up-down... Shoot!

._.

Woohoo! We've gotten Smashy ovcer to the SC5 side! You are now an official Cosmic Kitty. :o

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Keyboard and A Cappella FTW!

Okay, NOW I want to try this game on a DDR dance pad. (Also doubt I'm the only one who moves to the beat while playing. :D) Got to Extra Mode on disc 1 several hours ago and boy it is a doozy. Heh, I love it when Fuse jams to the song a little bit. ^^

And thanks Noctourne. :D I love being a part of it all. Why did I have to miss out until now? @_@

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
My friend managed to get a hold of the Japanese Guide Book for Part 2.
It has Concept Art for Purge, which I got to see.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

My friend managed to get a hold of the Japanese Guide Book for Part 2.
It has Concept Art for Purge, which I got to see.

Radical! Your friend is so lucky! ^^

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i get the feeling you like Purge, Purge :) and quite right too, the man has style XD

i have no shops here that sell older games, so my only option for getting this is ebay, but there's never and half decent DC ones on there!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Dang... Sadly you're right Kisuke. Although the DC version of SC5 pt. 1 is easier to find compared to Part 2. It's freakin' difficult to locate and even if you do find it, it'll probably be expensive as all heck. >>;

Watch, in two years the PS2 version is going to be just as hard to track down. Then sometime in 12 to 14 years after that SC5 will be remade for the next generation of gamers. ... Just a guess.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Dang... Sadly you're right Kisuke. Although the DC version of SC5 pt. 1 is easier to find compared to Part 2. It's freakin' difficult to locate and even if you do find it, it'll probably be expensive as all heck. >>;

As far as I know, the DC version of SC5 part 2 was Japan-only.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
You know, after finally getting around to Part 2, I've been wondering: excluding Extra Mode, which part of SC5 do people find harder? I don't mean like after 50+ hours of gameplay where failing isn't an option. I mean when first starting out and getting through the levels...and maybe two or three times after that.

And yea, after checking a bit part 2 in English was only ever available on the PS2. There's Part 2 and then the Special Edition. Too bad the DC port never got officially translated. :/

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
My hardest part was getting the timing right. Stupid boing...

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Well I meant the games as a whole with Part 1 and Part 2 (dang Purge...throwing rational thought out the window when posting).

I have to agree. 25+ boings in one minute is very irritating. >> That and getting used to the sudden shift in vocals in Part 2. ...Still unsure what Ulala's saying during the boss in report 2... At least at first with the flowers.... So used to "Up right down left chu chu chu!" Now it's:

"Press down on the directional-" *everything garbled by people who won't quiet down*
*multiple strums* "Hey chu hey!"
O_o strum-strum-strum-boing-boing-boing-boing ...hey! *facepalmtree* lol

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
I've always been naturally good at it.
The first thing I did on my own without cheats was Battle of the Bands as Cloaked Purge.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Nn~ I need to start playing again... Unfortunately, I've gotten a bit bored with it. I mean... I've overplayed all of part 2's 6 stages, and I can't stand 1's timing...
I still have some things to unlock. I really want to unlock the Pudding costume with all of her Cyber-Diva-ness, but the secrets to get 100% On that kill me... I wish there was a japanese option. "Chaneru wa, Sonomama!" is easier to get than 'Staaaay *waits* tuned!" I got 100? On the 1st, 4th and 5th missions, and did both laps of Ulala's dance.
Oh! How I wish there was a "Space Channel 5: Season 3" to play!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Yes! But...what about going back to Ulala's days before joining SC5? Like...really, it's like Alien invasions aren't interesting to watch unless it's entertaining.

"The planet's overrun by zombie aliens!"
"Boring." *changes channel*

So...Ulala trying to get SC5's attention so they'll hire her. ...No idea where I'm going with this. XP

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
ww Awesome Idea! X3 I do wonder how Ulala would get hired... Well... Sure it wouldn't be too hard 'cuz she's even sort of a normal character in that game~ But....

Finally got all the soundtracks. The moji Moji remix album was impossible to find... Got it though~

I didn't realize how much merchandise Space Channel 5 had.
There were figures and magnets, and I even found a lunchbox on ebay once.

And in Japan, I found quite a few Morolian plushies~ And even Moro water floaties~

And this made me laugh a lot...
Posted Image
Hooray for chinese DDR clones~ Notice the 2 on her outfit~

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things

So apparently in Japan, menstrual pads used Space Channel 5 as a basis for advertising. PRETTY WEIRD.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

So apparently in Japan, menstrual pads used Space Channel 5 as a basis for advertising. PRETTY WEIRD.

O_O Did we really need to know about Pudding's lady business?

SC5 DDR is actually a really good idea. In fact, you could leave the game's entire dialogue track exactly the same. :blink:

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
...The hell? I don't even want to know what the commercial entails. That's...just creepy. It'd be like having Will's Dad advertise...ugh. Bad...BAD BRAIN! Stop being so imaginative. Frickin' Silent Hill-based Doppelganger is bad enough. (Seriously, it's the stuff that inspires nightmares. "Insane Purge covered in oil and blood, running through an asylum, and wielding a hatchet and pencil" kind of nightmare.)

I'm all in favor of SC5 DDR. Co-op or versus would be excellent. I wonder if Part 2's point system could somehow be incorporated...?

Mexican Flyer, Purge or Blank taunting you, "Chu" and "Hey" done by either stomping on buttons up front (kind of like those DDR pads for home use) or stomping on up and down or left and right together.

Co-op:
Player 1 - Left, right, up, and down
Player 2 - Chu and Hey commands

Versus
Player 1 - Does "villain" part of song
Player 2 - Does "hero" part of song

Meh. Just a thought.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
It's been a while since anything was posted here (sorry for double posting!), but I stumbled across this on youtube: Space Channel 5 [Original 1997 Concept Video]
Note: Anything said is, of course, in Japanese.

Also found this. It's not much, but it's another piece of merch uncovered.

Posted Image
Right below it says this on the original page:
---
-ULALA's Swinging Report Show ♪
Wake up minasan !
Atarashii asa no kehai ga gyun-gyun shitekimashita.
Kyou mo ichinichi ganbarima...
-Warera wa Nemuri-dan ♪
A ! Nemuri-dan !
Konomama dewa kyouseiteki ni nemurasareteshimaimasu !
Let's Okiro !
---

Um... Anyone know what "gyun-gyun" means? It's also part of the title for SC5's first Guide Book.

Now if only there was a SC5 font. Thought I found one earlier, but the project had been given up on about 3 years ago.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Sweet clock and man did Ulala look drunk in the beginning of that video. lol

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
OHAY GAIZ Yay this topic was bumped.
First of all... I want that clock. D8
Second of all, I've unlocked EVERY costume except the gothic costume on part 2.
Third, While the awesomeness of the Space Channel 5 Wiki is going on, my website's almost up too... Just need to actually get it... And I recently obtained an epic rare piece of merchandise that Imma put on the merchandise page~ Ya. It's a vinyl record!
Posted Image

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

And I recently obtained an epic rare piece of merchandise that Imma put on the merchandise page~ Ya. It's a vinyl record!
Posted Image

O_O "Space Channel 5 * Readymade Remixes"? Okay, just a couple questions:
1. Is that official? o_o

If yes...

2. How many songs are on that album?
3. What are the names of the song?
4. Are you kidding me? Vinyl? O_O
5. When was it released?
6. Who published it?
7. Who was/were the composer(s)?
8. How long is it all together? (or give the length of the tracks, I can figure it out)
9. ...Where'd ya get it? I don't I've seen hide nor hair of this thing.

We NEED this on the wiki if the answer to the first question is yes. @_@ Plus we still need help with stuff in general. >>; Like pictures for certain "Ordinary Folks".

*ahem*

Aside from the clock, there are action figures, lunchboxes, and somebody made a cake of the SC5 symbol. Oh, and somebody on ebay is selling A Space Channel 5 promo wall hanging an T-shirt. Then there's the Evila costume (original SC5 style), a postcard, Guide Books (Gyun Gyun and Sugoku Sugoi), other remix CDs (like Space Channel 5 Remix Tracks), the really expensive Special Edition from Japan that comes with headphones and a bag, and I'm pretty sure I missed something. (Yes, did a lot of searching.)

When you get that website up and going, please link to it.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
1. Yes~
2. Only three
3. They're from the UkiUki Nonstop Megamix soundtrack.
SPACE CHANNEL 5 XXX
Theme of Pine (sort of Soul mix)
This is my Happiness (Tom Jones A GOGO mix)
4. I'm frightened to take it out of it's case, but...
Posted Image Yes.
5. I... think 2001?
6. I believe... Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
7. P&Art Sasanoooha, Arai Toshiya, Yoshida Tetsuto
8. I have NO idea
9. Some vinyl record international online store. My father found it He's really good at finding random interneet stuff. He said that if I do good in school he has a surprise piece of SC5 merchandise that's just as rare as this thing. 8P
Other images~
Posted Image
Posted Image

There's more of them out there too... I found a pic of another SC5 record on a Japanese site and you guys'll see the pic when I get my site up, which should be this saturday. 8P

There's also one CD I'm missing and I think I'm actually going to have to buy this one... That would be the "Tommy Boy Silver Label" CD.
AND OHAY I JUST FOUND ANOTHER CD. 8P It's a promo CD from japan and it has an awesome box~ I might upload the pics I found later. I'm being lazy right now... =3=

EDIT: And I believe you guys have probably seen this cameo, but SEGA made VOCALOID Hatsune Miku the reporter from Space Channel 39. I guess that with no one to voice Space Michael anymore, and that Miku is rapidly growing in musical popularity in japan, I'm guessing that she could be the new musical star if a third SC5 comes out. 8P
Posted Image
I reeeaaaally hope Eniotna draws her one day. @_@

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
That Space Channel 5 record is really cool! You should digitize it and put it online if the songs aren't available elsewhere.

I have one piece of otaku vinyl - a J-pop rendition of a song from Dragon Quest II.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Ta da~ http://spacechannel5...adymade_Remixes

Wikia currently has a problem with uploading images and videos, so no image for the album has been put up.
Thank you Chao Freak! That was very much appreciated. :(

Edit: Altered the link. Turns out (according to my cousin who's taken Japanese classes) that the real name is "Space Channel 5 Part 2 Uhi Uhi ★ Readymade Remixes". Neat, eh?

As well, Chao Freak, I got your pics of the album up on the wiki. Hope you don't mind.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
OHAY. Guessing around, I found out that that wall promo+T-shirt is the super special secret piece of merchandise that my father's trying to get. He's fortunately the only bidder on it. Hopefully we'll be on the top 'till the end of the bid~

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Congrats Chao freak! ^^

In other news, Purge found out a code for Part 2 that she's dubbed the "Kill Switch Code." Use it, and it automatically cancels the show. The Sugoku Sogoi Guide Book is now in the hands of a logical fangirl!

Edit: And now we need someone who can translate Japanese so we can tell just what in the world is in that guide. T_T We suspect there's exclusive info for one. Profiles, info columns after Report 6 telling something about Purge Jr. (who has no in-game profile), and more. It's a lot, the scans are in great quality, but we need someone to translate at least some of it to make some sense out of it.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Posted Image

This is just one of the scans I've done so far for the Guide Book. It's the cover once the sleeve is taken off.
I have to admitt, it's slightly... creepy for Sc5.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I think I'm gonna have to buy that book.... Also the Gyun Gyun one... whatever that is. 8P

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
There are two known Guide Books:

Space Channel 5 Gyun Gyun Guide Book
Space Channel 5 Part 2 Sugoku Sogoi Guide Book

Checked, and there's currently 2 copies of the former and 3 of the latter up on ebay. I don't know about the Gyun Gyun GB, but the Part 2 GB contains profiles of all the characters, the 'Kill Switch Code', concept art, lyrics for the final Purge battle, lyrics for "This Is My Happiness", a closer look at Ulala's outfits and microphones (the fan has the Channel 5 logo on it), and other stuff we can't identify because we can't translate the language.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
BAH Closeups of outfits and microphones? My inner cosplayer/random prop maker is awakened once more. Can you post the pics of the microphones?

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Uhhh. D8 I might be able to get some HQ screencaps from my emulator... But I only unlocked everything on my PS2.. XP The mikes are pretty simple though I thought.. Since half of them were things like... icecream, beer mugs and leeks. Unless you mean the other channels mikes...

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

BAH Closeups of outfits and microphones? My inner cosplayer/random prop maker is awakened once more. Can you post the pics of the microphones?

I'll message Purge about that. Last I saw, she was doing a scan-through of the book. There was a program schedule for Channels 1, 5, and 42. o_o

No clue if other mikes are shown besides Ulala's. O_o Oh, and fun fact: the profiles apparently differ in the Dreamcast and PS2 versions. Convenient. :P (Not sure anything else, unfortunately. I don't own the book.)

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Here you go! Microphones!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ulala was using Leeks WAAAAY before Hastune Miku was!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
lol you guys are brilliant XD my immense claim to space channel 5 fame is that on monday i finally completed the game! now for part 2 8D

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Thanks, Purge! I never knew that Ulala's mic had such a funny handle.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
OK! D8 After so much delay, I finally actually got my website up.
www.spacechannel5.net

It's not really... completely done yet. I still need to get plenty of things up. Especially pictures of things. But yeah. Enjoy what's there.
The audio section's not completely open yet, but if you want to hear the Space Channel 5 soundtracks, take off the ".html" on the end of the url of the soundtrack you want.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
http://www.neverknow...ng-to-xbla.html

I love Sega SO MUCH right now.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I hate Sega right now. Do they even know that the Wii exsists?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users