Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nostalgia

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Does anyone have those special items or TV shows or anything that just brings you to tears or gives you chills when you reminisce about it?

I've got several.
1.) Has to be NiGHTS, more specifically, whenever I hear DREAMS DREAMS, I get chills and get all teary-eyed.
2.) Digimon. Whenever I hear the old theme songs, particularly the first season, I almost cry.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Hearing Digimon brings back memories for me as well... and the Digimon MMORPG for the ps3 got it sparked again...

BUT, seeing Mia from the .hack series (pictured)
Posted Image
Brings me into a full range of emotions and brings back so many memories and is the only one (in both fiction and non-fiction) that is able to make me just sit there and think about "everything" for at least 5 days after seeing her...
IDK, why...
Mia is THE BEST fictional character that I will ever get the pleasure of seeing...
It saddens me deeply that she may never appear again ;_(

(funny thing is... I just changed my avatar to the GIFT version of Mia just before reading this topic...)

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
Hmmm... I've got loads of stuff...

1- A poster of the 150 original Pokemon that hangs on the inside of my closet. I got it from Micheal's when my mom was still working there. So many memories/battle scars on that thing.

2- Whenever I hear either the Marble Garden, Green Hill, Ice Cap, or Hydrocity music, I go into my Sonic fangirl mode.

3- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It doesn't matter what, but if it's from that game, I have some fun memories to go with it.

4- My Yu-Gi-Oh mangas, actually. I remember the good ol' days when it was trendy to like the series. Now it isn't anymore, and the american anime sucked, but I still love it.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. some gaming/cartoons related stuff:

All my old action figures of TMNT, Ghostbusters, etc.

My Sonic 2 poster

My 1st generation Genesis, and all that.. especially when I colored in the black and white pics in the manuals (I did this with NiD)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
awww, lady spritzy, I used to have that poster! Unfortunately, my mom threw it away. :P I still feel all nostalgic when I see a copy of it, though.

- Sonic R/Sonic Adventure. Whenver I play those (The first video games I ever beat) I get all fuzzy inside.

- The old Pokemon theme song from the first season. I always get chills when I hear it, and often almost cry. It brings back memories of when it was cool to like Pokemon, the only fad I still cling to (I have the cards! whee!)

-old movies I made when i was little (one with me in the woods behind my house pretending to be dinosaurs is so cute, if I do say so myself :P)

- Walt Disney World. It make me fell so, so....wheeeeee!!!! when I go ppast the main gate. I'm going next week, so I can't wait!

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
1. Hearing either My Best Friends, The Time Has Come or the first opening song for Pokemon. I get happy thoughts :3
2. Darkwing Duck theme. I get really happy thoughts!
3. Christina Augilera's Reflection (theme of Mulan)- I think too much on that song
4. Playing Kingdom Hearts or the original .hack games

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I have several things that I get nostalgic about.
1. As some have mentioned before, the theme for the 1st Pokemon anime season. The anime rocked then. It sucks now, but the 1st season rocks to me even now. I always thought none of the later seasons had a theme with quite the same spirit.
2. The right drawer of the desk my computer sits on. It's the drawer where I keep all the pokemon toys and paper cut-outs I used to play Pokemon with my brothers before we knew there were the videogames. We had pretend battles and everything (but we disagreed often on who won).
3. Themes and characters from 1st & 2nd seasons of Digimon. When we were little, my bros & I watched the show. We watched much of season 1 and some of 2 until our parents forbade it cause it was "too violent." Then for a while longer, I watched it anyway behind their backs and tricked my brothers into doing the same. But I was caught. XD
4. Anything from Star Trek, Seventh Heaven, and Touched by an Angel. I lump these together because these were the three shows my family watched nightly when we were little. After a while, we stopped watching all of them for some reason or another and they mostly faded into vague memories. Whenever I see characters from them, though, I can't remember their names but they trigger a very homey family sort of feeling, like old friends.

There's other things, but I should stop now, before I flood the screen. I can be very wordy, sorry.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Hearing the voice over narraration of Mr. Cam Clark at the beginging of ToS2 reminds me of some very happy-yet-sad moments. ToS is nostalgic for me. Things with Mr.Kratos espeacially....

Shia Hatsune

Shia Hatsune

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
Reboot )=

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
Yeah, I've got a few. ^^
First, the Pokemon theme song from the first season. This seems to go for everyone. I guess it's just that memorable! X3

The Animal Crossing theme too. I used to play that on GameCube endlessly! XD

INFLATABLE MATRESSES. Seriously! XD Whenever I see an inflatable matress, I think of when I used to stay over at my grandparent's house when my parents were out of town for a night or two. Same for the movie The Wizard of Oz. Any part of it. It was my grandparent's favorite movie, and we watched it ALL THE TIME at their house. XD

And lastly, something so incredibly random, only my dad could've come up with it. XD These three paper fruits, (an orange, banana, and pear) that I played with with him. Their names were Monjo, Timmy, and Leeka. XD We would kind of roleplay with them...I have NO idea why!

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

The Animal Crossing theme too. I used to play that on GameCube endlessly! XD

Oh god... I just got the new one for wii and that dreaded addiction is back... I'm gonna be stuck playin it for awhile now :rolleyes:
Why do I love this game so much!!!???

Better add NiGHTS to my list... just saw someone playing it and Nostalgia just hit me like a rock...
I should also say MGS4... for obvious reasons for those of you who've played the game...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

INFLATABLE MATRESSES. Seriously! XD Whenever I see an inflatable matress, I think of when I used to stay over at my grandparent's house when my parents were out of town for a night or two. Same for the movie The Wizard of Oz. Any part of it. It was my grandparent's favorite movie, and we watched it ALL THE TIME at their house. XD

Me too! That whole thing applys to me. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users