Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The NiGHTS alternate music project!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Hi there, Wizeman-watchers! (sorry for the shameless "Where's Waldo" pun)

In all my time of playing NiGHTS into dreams and journey of dreams, all that fabulous music made me start associating songs with the dream worlds in the game. Thus, I started the NiGHTS alternate music project. I find a song that makes me think of a level, then play through and see if it fits. I'd like to stay away from orchestrated stuff (although I waltz into that territory with Powerhouse and Memory of Trees) and goth/emo/heavymetal/whatever that is unNiGHTSly.

And without further ado, the list~

Spring Valley- Loverly Spring (Thomas Newman for the Series of Unfortunate Events film)

Mystic Forest - The Memory of Trees (Enya)

Soft Museum- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (The Beatles)

Splash Garden- The Tide is High (Blondie)

Frozen Bell- My Neighbor Totoro Theme (Joe Hisaishi)?

Stick Canyon- Powerhouse (Raymond Scott)

Twin Seeds- This is what dreams are Made Of (Hilary Duff, and stop looking at me like that! :P )

~Boss Maren~

Puffy- ?

Clawz- ?

Gillwing- ?

Gulpo- ?

Reala- ?

Jackle- ?

WIZEMAN!- Material girl (Madonna) Just Kidding!

If you have an idea that you feel is better than mine, feel free to suggest new material. If this becomes popular, I *might* get my friend to post music videos of the levels with the alternate music. I have like, three people who would put the videos on YouTube, so, yay!

Your thoughts?

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
HOHOHO!! Now those are good ideas!
As for Frozen Bell, well, for some reason it reminds me of the My Neighbor Totoro theme song. Don't ask why, because I've tried, believe me!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

HOHOHO!! Now those are good ideas!
As for Frozen Bell, well, for some reason it reminds me of the My Neighbor Totoro theme song. Don't ask why, because I've tried, believe me!

Hmmm...nice! It's a tad slow, but I like it. the beginning is kind of ominous (like being lost in a snowstorm), but then it gets all upbeat, like making a snowman! (Use that if some one asks why! :P )

I'm glad you like the project! My original choice for frozen bell was going to be "Frozen" by Madonna, but it didn't really feal right, you know? Madonna and NiGHTS...that brings up SO many frightening images...

Owl: Go ahead and touch NiGHTS, that is, if you enjoy that kind of thing...

Will: O...Okay!

NiGHTS: Wanna play truth or dare, visitor? (evil grin)

My brain is now poisoned...I will never view Madonna and JoD the same way ever again...

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I don't exactly agree with Blondie and Hilary Duff taking place of the wonderful music in those levels, but hey, whatever floats your boat. :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users