Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Missing Tracks on the Official Soundtrack?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Is it just me, or are there 1, or even more tracks missing on the OST? While playing Aqua Garden this morning and watching the movie of the chase mission I heard some tune, I don't recognize from the soundtrack. It plays in 1 of Wills Movies too, when he, meets the Nightopians for the first time(same for Helen). So I'm asking, am I just crazy and it's like everything else on the OST, or did SEGA forget about it? If so, could somebody please rip it?xD

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
You know what, I thought it was on there, but I looked and you're right! The music when they meet the Nightopians is missing! ^_^ I feel gypped now.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
SEGA did it again lol. Well just wait for another 11 years when they'll finally release a soundtrack titled "NiGHTS Journey of Dreams: The Perfect Album"

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Gargh>.< Thats just so mean... I love that tune...

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's not the only track missing, though. If I'm not mistaken, there's also:
- the music when you select the 2-player mode
- the music in the cutscene before Pure Valley - Fluffy Catch (also heard before Lost Park - Bomb Panic, and Delight City - Neon City Battle)
- the music in the cutscene before Aqua Garden - Marine Escape (also heard in the beggining, when NiGHTS talks about the Dark Ocean)
- the music in the real ending, before the fight against Wizeman, when they dualize
- the music when Will meets Helen in Delight City
- the music at the beggining of the first cutscene of Lost Park or Crystal Castle
- the music in the cutscene before Memory Forest, when Helen meets Owl in the Dream Gate
(no, I don't know that by heart. I've just watched the cutscenes on Youtube)

But I don't think it's possible to rip these musics, because of the dialogues.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Another reason that there should have been no dialogue in this game.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Wow, they missed a lot. The music when they dualize right before fighting Wizeman is a short clip of the tune "Nights" from the Nights into Dreams soundtrack, so I guess they didn't bother to put it in the new soundtrack.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I don't own either JoD or the soundtrack but possibly there just wasn't enough room on the disc for every bit of music? A CD can only hold ~72 minutes and maybe it was filled from other stuffs.

Just some random conjecture!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yah, NEITHER soundtrack features the 2P track that's been in both games, first to continue and now when loading. I have to admit I didn't notice the missing event tracks. I only watched the cut scenes once so I kinda forgot about them.. and come to think of it a lot of soundtracks have dialogue tracks on them, but clearly they went straight for music on the JoD disc.

But wait, the event track "Encounter" on Disc 3.. isn't that when you meet the Pians? Or is that when you meet NiGHTS, I forgot.. probably when you met NiGHTS..

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Nope, Encounter is a different track, than the one when you meet the Nightopians. Otherwise my TV must have a pretty weird sound quality for sounding so different o.o

CHRiS

CHRiS

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So... You mean Reala's serious theme, the creepy yet beautiful song that plays when he encounters NiGHTS and Will finds out that NiGHTS is a Nightmaren is missing?! D:

That was one of the main reasons I wanted the soundtrack... Oh well, at least the Viola tracks will be on there, right?

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

So... You mean Reala's serious theme, the creepy yet beautiful song that plays when he encounters NiGHTS and Will finds out that NiGHTS is a Nightmaren is missing?! D:

I think that one's the same as when Helen discovers NiGHTS's origins. It's called <Event> Suspicion on the disk. And the violin duet is there.

Lady Spritzy

Lady Spritzy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Games. On WoW, I'm Yetalis on Malfurion, with a full stable o' pets. On Skype, I'm lady_spritzy. Look for me on Gaia as Lady Spritzy. I'm a Sonic fan first, but NiGHTS is a close second. But then again, is there really any difference between the two?
i didn't realize tracks were missing.
then again, i don't get to do a lot of 2 player stuff, so i guess i wouldn't have realized that.
that's kinda weak...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users