Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragon Ball Live Action

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

It's not doing anybody any favors so why are they even bothering?

For the same reason Uwe Boll is.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
So supposedly now people are saying ((just suggesting, thinking, gossiping)) they'll be adding his green on with computer?

... If that's true, why?

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

So supposedly now people are saying ((just suggesting, thinking, gossiping)) they'll be adding his green on with computer?

... If that's true, why?

Because that way, they'll use less paint, and thus, they will be more green.

...No, really. I mean like, environmentally concern---ah, screw it...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I don't think so. Apparently those screenshots were taken from a trailer or something. If it's a trailer then...er...yeh, that almost confirms Piccolo's lack of greenness.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
He's not green.... He looks just like any demon from the TV series he was in......

......... *Starts bashing her head on the table furiously*

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I don't understand how things like that happen. If I was an actress, and I was contracted to work for a live-action adaptation of a manga, anime, videogame, whatever, I would be looking at the original source and getting a feel for what that series is known for, adored for, and most importantly, to get a feel for the character I'd be playing.

...But this is why I'm studying to become a scientist, not an actress.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Actually, if you think about it for a second. They've dressed James Masters in white face paint, yeah? ...why couldn't they have just used green to begin with? I mean, why take a perfectly original character and then rape every distinguishable feature from him?

This film will end careers. It will probably put a nail in the coffin for Dragon Ball itself for a while. :D

And in all this, i honestly feel sorry for Akira Toriyama who is having to witness his creations get twisted to such pathetic extents.

Aura-Moon

Aura-Moon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, aha!
Well, the thing is, there's a free DBZ online game coming and Toriyama is heading that, he's been designing that for yonks but this, I'm not sure if he has a hand in this.

I despair that Bulma will not have her trademark hair =_= Master Royshi will not be a perv most likely and hey, Goku's a hated school student! Oh oh and here's the clincher: NO ANIMALS. That's right, no Oolong, Purang (sp?) and no Turtle. They've removed the comedy and the humour and made this into some testosterone ridden action movie to try and inspire an unimaginative generation *grumble*.

This film will suck dragonballs (lol).

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
At least Toriyama can keep Doctor Slump and Dragon Quest as claims to fame?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

If it's a trailer then...er...yeh, that almost confirms Piccolo's lack of greenness.

I heard a rumor farily recently that they were gonna change Piccolo and turn him green again... BUT... being that I've always disliked DBZ... I never bothered to look into the link... let alone remember it... I'll see if I can find it again thou...
-EDiT- ahh screw it (gave up after 36 sec.)

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Part of me died seeing James Masters in that REALLY awful makeup. He looks like a tall baby with down syndrome and bad teeth.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I'm not wasting money to see this. D:

Arctides

Arctides

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267295/

I felt I may as well post this here. We don't have to worry about Cowboy Bebop for a WHILE.
Dragon Ball, however...
Well, if you have a god, I suggest you start praying.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I saw the Piccolo thing from miles away to be honest with you. If they could miss Master Roshi's bald head and big beard, and that chick's blue hair, then why am I not shocked to see THIS messed up? But I WILL give them credit for this, though. They animated the Dragon Ball really well.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

*DATE IN THE LINK

DAYAMN!!

Ventro

Ventro

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Role playing, Gaming, Writting, and Comic maker
Well, if japan produced it, I think I might give it a chance. Overall, I atleast want to see the teaser for it. If the characters are ugly- I will not see it. If there's no trunks- I will not see it. if effects are crappy- I will not see it.
If bad guy is uninteresting- I will not see it.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
/\
Please redirect your attention to the link in this thread leading to an image of the movie's Piccolo.

My guess=you won't see it.

I wonder if this movie will be as bad as the live action Fist of the North Star?

marymont

marymont

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Video games, animation, music arranging, & parody
I'm disappointed that the filmmakers felt the need to change things (characters at least) so drastically, but fans have to see it. They need something to complain about.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
.... so now we can (sort of) see this thing in action --> This doesn't feel like a Dragon Ball movie

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I'd never guess it was a trailer for Dragon Ball if the title hadn't been shown in the video. It looks more like a general wire-fu movie.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Becomes more of a waste of time and money every day

They could have just given me the money they used to make the movie instead.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Wow...just wow. :huh:

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm pretty late but I really do not know what to say. After seeing that teaser I just want to punch walls and curse Hollywood even more. Oh man this is depressing.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Oh. MAN. XDDD

When I first read about this in Shonen Jump, I knew this was gonna end badly. How, you ask? Because of the DragonBall live-action film that's already been done!

DragonBall: The Magic Begins (Part 2, so those curious needn't suffer quite as much to see what I mean)

Granted, it was done in the 90s and poorly dubbed, but if that's what they could pull off while staying accurate to the original to SOME degree...

...... oooohhhh, I get it! Because of that, they're going COMPLETELY the other direction in the hopes that it'll win! 8D

BAHAHAHAHA sorry no. After "The Magic Begins" and the live-action Sailor Moon series, I'm pretty jaded to live-action anime. I hold a little faith for Cowboy Bebop, though, because they can't possibly screw up Ed!

.... can they? D8

(EDIT: ... the fact that Roshi actually LOOKS like Roshi is making me enjoy it...)

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
This is looking so bad that I'm beginning to wonder if there's some kind of ulterior motive behind this movies production. Or maybe they're intentionally making a "So Bad it's Good" movie?

Tails Doll

Tails Doll

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Oh... A little of this; a little of that.<br /><br />I really love racing and NiGHTS, though. :D
PICCOLO ISN"T GREEN!
And the hair styles look stupid.
Seriously, this just isn't a series that should be live action.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Okay...what the flying f*** is this?
Posted Image
Just what the hell is going on in this movie? >_<

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I saw that on Kotaku the other day and was about to post this in here....but by now this Movie has so many things wrong with it that all i keep doing is posting the bad things so we can take the piss outta it, XD;;

But, yeah man. WTF is that? If that's meant to be the 'ape' form (or god help us all, the super saiyan formation) then this film is so beyond Hell.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

This is looking so bad that I'm beginning to wonder if there's some kind of ulterior motive behind this movies production. Or maybe they're intentionally making a "So Bad it's Good" movie?

Perhaps the creators of the film were neglected Dragon Ball action figures and this is their paybacks to their parents with us all caught in the middle. That, or some kid at school stole an action figure and after all these years the head honcho at the studio has been angered so he's ruining the film intentionally on the thief who has been waiting on a Dragon Ball movie for all these years. I dunno. Just a thought.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I suppose a portion of the fanbase will wait to obtain this movie for free (you get me) and watch it that way out of morbid fascination. I think the filmmakers are thinking what they're doing is making it 'serious', like, 'Dark Knight'-ing DB, but they're totally missing the point.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Why do I keep visiting this topic?
Maybe it's because I'm so sadistic I enjoy watching the DB fanbase squirm with each new screen-shot of this film! muahahahahaha!
I think it's safe to say that this Film was dead at the confirmation of it's existence.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted Image

Does his transformation even increase in size? His cloths aren't ripped, so I'm going to guess "no". Why did they even bother with the Dragonball license? It's almost like a parody of licensed movies.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted Image

Looks ta me like something from one of those Power Ranger shows... :/
I'm surprised that no one is mentioning the Dragon Ball mmorpg that Namco-Bandi is working on...
then again this is the movies section...
Never thought I'd say this but... I can't wait for the trailer :( oh the laughs I will get from it!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I saw a new trailer last week. Humorously enough, Piccolo is green again. Movie still looks shitty though.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Anime News Network has reviewed it.

a bunch of talentless hacks with studio money slapped together a big steaming pile of baffling garbage that fails utterly on every possible level and will please no one at all

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
It sucks? No wai! :(

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
ive seen the film, gawd, i ish i didnt...my poor head

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I really want to see this film.

....where's my vodka and coke?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I went to see Taken and was this trailer... I was laughing and laughing as I heard many moans of discontent behind me, this movie is going to SUCK!!!
rofl

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I saw an ad for the video game based on the movie. But of course.

Reminds me of how the Van Damme SF movie had a game. Sh*t game based on sh*t movie based on kickass game. Makes sense.

Seriously, who the hell buys this crap??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users