Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dualize: helped the game or didn't it

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Dualize: helped the game or didn't it (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the concept of Dualizing helped into dreams or it didn't

1. yes (23 votes [92.00%])

Percentage of vote: 92.00%

2. no (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hope this is not an old idea. NOTE-I am not dissing Dualizing at all I'm just curious about it.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I'd say dualizing is a very important part of both games..

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
Dualizing is what makes NiGHTS unique! Are you kidding?! It helped the game all the way, dude!

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
I think its important,but its a little creepy for NiGHTS to ask will and helen to dualize with him,its like asking a kid to get into his car,not knowing if its safe or not,and NiGHTS didnt even tell them what would happen if they were to dualize with him,NiGHTS should of said "if dualize with me, u must help me with saving Nightopia with every pian counting on you,but if u choose not too,u can have a lolipop :P *

sorry if this is off topic :(

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
ja, NiGHTS would still be frantically pacing about in an Ideya Palace somewheres if not for Dualizing

I'd say it's a smart way of weaving his world and peoples together in a fine stew

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
its what makes NiGHTS unique

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

ja, NiGHTS would still be frantically pacing about in an Ideya Palace somewheres if not for Dualizing

I dunno, I always got the vibe he was kinda happy in those palaces. I mean, they were always located on some kinda hill, so he always got a really good view of...you know, whatever.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts

I dunno, I always got the vibe he was kinda happy in those palaces. I mean, they were always located on some kinda hill, so he always got a really good view of...you know, whatever.

heh, oh I doubt that.. after all, when you go close to him he reaches out to you earnestly, and if you walk away, he throws a fit. D00d doesn't wanna be locked up. When he's dancing in there, he's..exercising. Keeping his energy up so he's ready to go. ja.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
NiGHTS HAS to dualize, otherwise he can't escape the Ideya Palace/Cage. He needs the red Ideya of courages power and energy in order to do it and dreamers are the only ones who possess it.

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

NiGHTS HAS to dualize, otherwise he can't escape the Ideya Palace/Cage. He needs the red Ideya of courages power and energy in order to do it and dreamers are the only ones who possess it.

I knew after I posted this I did wrong what I meant was if dualizing WASN"T in the game would it still be popular

sorry for confusion

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I knew after I posted this I did wrong what I meant was if dualizing WASN"T in the game would it still be popular

sorry for confusion

I highly doubt that. It'd be nothing but platforming over and over. Not unless the kids themselves knew how to fly. It'd be like you buying a game to play as one character only to end up having to play as someone else.

Looking at you MGS2.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I think it helped bridge the gap between the player and the NiGHTS character. If it was all-NiGHTS gameplay, one would feel like flying around is the standard thing to do.
Having human characters who are pretty helpless in the main levels allows for the fast-flying NiGHTS to be more appreciated. Basically, allowing people to start off playing as a helpless normal human who can really BECOME something else. The feeling of becoming bleeds out into the player and gives the game a more magical feel.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I'm not gonna vote here... I can't really say...
although mr. Nemoide does prove quite a valid point...
Dualizing is indeed an interesting concept although it's not looked upon much so all you know is that it "fuses" NiGHTS and the dreamer into one being... or more like into NiGHTS... which many ppl seem to find the idea quite disturbing if ya think about it...
NiGHTS: "fuse with me Elliot... and together... we shall become one... two beings... one body... we will share our innermost thoughts with each other... share our innermost emotions... live as one... exist as one... be as one..."
Elliot: O_o omgwtfI'mfreikinout!helpmegod!
So until I stop being indecisive I'll keep my mitts of the vote button...

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
If you think about it, it was REALLY important to the game, as NiGHTS can't escape from the Ideya Palace without at least ONE Ideya.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

I'm not gonna vote here... I can't really say...
although mr. Nemoide does prove quite a valid point...
Dualizing is indeed an interesting concept although it's not looked upon much so all you know is that it "fuses" NiGHTS and the dreamer into one being... or more like into NiGHTS... which many ppl seem to find the idea quite disturbing if ya think about it...
NiGHTS: "fuse with me Elliot... and together... we shall become one... two beings... one body... we will share our innermost thoughts with each other... share our innermost emotions... live as one... exist as one... be as one..."
Elliot: O_o omgwtfI'mfreikinout!helpmegod!
So until I stop being indecisive I'll keep my mitts of the vote button...

Nah, it ain't all that scary. :D Dualizing set the game apart from the others because it allowed for completely normal kids to be the protagonists while giving the player fun supernatural abilities. It hit two birds with one stone: fun gameplay and characters that the player could identify with better than someone like, oh, I don't know...Mario? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users