Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Xbox Wiimote rip-off

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
http://mundorare.com...imotes-rip-off/

What in the world is Microsoft thinking!? I hope it's fake.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I saw that the other day. I have almost no doubt in my mind that it's fake, something just made to spark rampant flame wars on the internet.

I'm pretty sure if MS is going to do anything, they're going to pull a Sony by introducing some sort of sixaxis equivalent. They wouldn't rip off the Wii remote design. Besides, even if they did, Nintendo would have the legal right to sue their ass and get like 10% of the company.

Hmm. Now I kinda want MS to go ahead just to see how much money they lose on lawsuits.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
If this is true, which I'm kinda doubting because I've never taken MTV seriously when it came to anything really, then I will truly know that Microsoft only joined the console market for the sole reason of monopolizing. Of course this is a conspiracy but over time I start to believe it more and more.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

If this is true, which I'm kinda doubting because I've never taken MTV seriously when it came to anything really, then I will truly know that Microsoft only joined the console market for the sole reason of monopolizing. Of course this is a conspiracy but over time I start to believe it more and more.

Sounds logical to me.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Why not? Bill gates could loose some money. lol
what would they even use the thing for? will it come with a sensor bar? for cripe's sake, honestly!?
and look! no strap! hello again broken plasma screen/ window/ light bulb we missed you so after the wii got better straps.
I swear if this ends up being true I'm gonna laugh myself into a coma.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Why not? Bill gates could loose some money. lol
what would they even use the thing for? will it come with a sensor bar? for cripe's sake, honestly!?
and look! no strap! hello again broken plasma screen/ window/ light bulb we missed you so after the wii got better straps.
I swear if this ends up being true I'm gonna laugh myself into a coma.

Even if this is real, that's just an artist's rendering.

sounds kinda fake. especially because Microsoft doesn't market to the casual crowd.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Same color; same speakers.

It's a fake.

But I'm not doubting it for one moment.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
the Xbox 360 wiimote ripoff is not only real, but Sony is also working on "a motion sensing controller that separates into two parts"
IM getting really sick of the Nintendo ripoffs all the time from other companies, but it does position them once again as true innovators and I love that about Nintendo.

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
People forget to realize that when other game compenies, competitors or not, lose money based on bad ideas, they blame Nintendo. Nintendo has and always will be everyone's scape goat.

And I happily shoot a middle finger to all those compenies. =D

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

People forget to realize that when other game compenies, competitors or not, lose money based on bad ideas, they blame Nintendo. Nintendo has and always will be everyone's scape goat.

And I happily shoot a middle finger to all those compenies. =D

its true. I really hate it when another company bases their whole system on ideas traditionally populasrized or perpetuated by Nintendo and then claims gaming superiority. Same thing with sEga. Nintendo and Sega created this modern gaming market and are the true innovators in the industry. MS and Sony may have had a lot of investment capital to play with, giving them advantages, but they are pretty much creatively bankrupt.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Thats fake, I seen that before. On a YTMND in fact. And just look at the Y button..

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
As a die-hard Nintendo fan, if this is real, I will be thoroughly P.O.ed. People need to just let Nintendo rule the world like EVERYONE KNOWS is gonna happen. C'MON people!

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Seems like a big risk for Microsoft to take, and Microsoft usually doesn't take big risks. They'd have to make not only motion-sensitive remotes, but also receptors to insert in the system somewhere. I think it would be hard to switch to motion-sensitive gaming at this stage without just making a totally new line of systems, but maybe I'm just not very techno savvy and it's way easier than I think. :lol: I don't think it's very likely, just because of the risk they'd lose a lot of "hardcore" gamers.

venomnights15

venomnights15

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
If it is real that means that they know that there system is not selling and the wii is. The wii has been targeting the casual gamer since the next-gen console wars began although some games for the hard-core gamers will be nice. I mean if it is real then it's a weak attempt by my standards.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
http://kotaku.com/37...box-360-wiimote

That pic doesn't make it look any more real... and... Newton?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
So... what? I've been skimming through these posts and I jus wanna know if there has been a legit confirmation about this device as of yet?
this thing still looks like something I would give to my dog as a chew toy btw...

MiTCH

MiTCH

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
lolz wai wut?
In the first link, it shows one XBOX Wii controller. The other one is nothing like the first. Am I missing something?

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I saw a video somewhere that showed them using one for a tech demo. I'll try to find it again. They showed it right before E3 and look what happened, Nintendo revealed WiiMotion+ and we never saw the Xbox ripoff at the show (I don't think...I didn't see it).

In the demo, the remote looked about four times the size of the Wii Remote and could be separated into two parts so that a friend could play along with you. Now, for those of us who have played a Wii, we know that response time is pretty much instant, right? There was at least a 1 second lag with this hunk of plastic and believe me, that is a long response time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users