Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dreamworld Skill

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I'm referring to powers other than flight or 'magic' -- abilities that show up whether you're lucid or not. :D

For instance --
In my dreams, I can play any kind of instrument -- and some instruments that don't even exist in waking.

If I can imagine the song that I want to play, my fingers will automatically start moving to play the song. A few nights ago, I was playing a song from the Golden Sun games, called 'An Adept's Home' -- number 69 on this page -- on a flute. On other occasions, I've played complicated pieces of music for the piano in a professional manner, such as the piano version of One-Winged-Angel and the main Battle Theme, both from Final Fantasy VII -- both rather complicated in theory. And it's not like I'm reading sheet music in the dreams -- I'm going by ear! :D

In the same manner, I've played a guitar, and once or twice I've done violin in my dreams. But what I find interesting about these abilities is that, while I can play some instruments with some skill in waking, I'm nowhere near the level I've reached in dreams. On top of that, I can't play the violin, and I've never even touched a flute in waking. (Although I've been wanting to try my hand at it.)

I think it might stem off of different things -- because while I can't play some instruments as well in waking, I know I want to. I think my dreams reflect that in me.
Now, I'm sure there's more to this -- music is just one example. For instance, you could be able to operate any kind of vehicle, or wield any kind of weapon in your dreams, too. And those probably don't even start to scratch the surface!

So, How about it? Do any of you have special abilities in your dreams?

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
All my powers come when lucid, but I can summon a celestial bronze sword with steel spikes, gems encrusted on it, and in a kind of writing that only I and a few other people outside the dream can read, its called "Gias". I can also do a bunch of Matrixy stuff. :D

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
I sometimes have dream where i have powers of darkness. Think Ansem from KH or Ganondorf from twilight princess. :blink:

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Ganondorf powers?*Thinks of Moonlighttrill using Wizard Foot*

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I can turn myself into other people, not using a spell or incantation.

Ganon owns!

Alanora

Alanora

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Getting into trouble, music, games, more music, being lazy, hanging out with friends, drawing, collecting NiGHTS drawings, poking people with pointy sticks for the fun of it
Usually I can do invisibility in a dream, lucid or not. But usually I have to close my own eyes to get it to work.

Nyx

Nyx

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Swords, darkness powers, transformation, and invisibility... All very interesting!

I've had something like the darkness powers, once. But I had to use an item to do it, and I think it was more like summoning -- I ended up calling two ghosts...

I can turn myself into other people, not using a spell or incantation.

I've been meaning to try that. :D

Usually I can do invisibility in a dream, lucid or not. But usually I have to close my own eyes to get it to work.

Ah, dream logic. Brings a quote from Red vs. Blue to mind:
"They can't see me -- I can't see them!"
:angry:

I think I've just found out that I can speak any language, too...
The weird part is that I'll know someone is speaking a different language, but my brain hears it as English -- then I'll reply in the same language, but it still sounds like English. :lol:

Lunia

Lunia

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I had a dream last night where I was dancing on a stage. I used to dance when I was younger but havent for a long time. I was doing profesional moves, like high jumps and bends so it wasnt realistic as now I can just about run down the road! Also I can sing really well in my dreams, much better than in waking life haha.. I'm always disapointed when I wake up and find I'm not as talented :angry:

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
I've had dreams of floating above my crib, also ones of jumping down an entire flight of stairs and then landing smoothly at the bottom, and moving through water at insane speeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users