Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Phantasy Star moments

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Life is full of surprises and gives us some memorable moments to hold onto. However, some of these moments take place in fiction. PSU has moments when it shines as a game, and moments when it shines as a memory. Now share with us your memorable moments and show us your plunders/ blunders of Phantasy Star Universe! :)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, a strong memory i have from Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast is taking on De Rol Le for the first time. XD;;

Dreamcast PSO would let you use a character offline so you could lvl up then take the same character online and meet with friends. Me and my cousin would train offline during the week and meet up online at the weekends.
Up until that point, i had been doing Forest runs as my training because the Caves confused a newbie like me at the time and i was worried i wouldn't make it through there. After hearing my cousin was on a higher lvl than me i decided to run through the caves to get a bit more higher experience points in hopes of surpasing him. I must have been level 9. With a Saber +1. 10 Monomates. 10 Dimates. No resta because i didn't know how to learn techniques at that point. And the weediest Mag you've ever seen. XD

..bloooooody hell...it took forever to get through Cave 1. At the end of Cave 2 i thought i had reached the end only to find out there was a Cave 3...with bigger and louder traps blowing up in my face! By the time i reached the boss i was a nervous wreck and honestly wondering how i made this far. Laid before me was the teleporter to "De Rol Le", the red beams buzzing infront of 'Spike', my character at the time. One small step for man, one giant suicide attempt for a PSO newbie.

And so i'm transported to the boss arena and i'm thinking "oooh. It's on a boat. Cool". Then it starts moving....then De Rol Le raises his ugly face out of the water....and then he starts flicking blue orbs of death at me as he passes by and Spike is getting knocked the f*** out. He gets back up, quick sip of that monomate and then he's hit again. Kissing the floor. I had no idea how to hit De Rol Le. He was swimming alongside the boat and my bloody Saber wasn't reaching him. He finally decided to land his face on the boat allowing me to attack...only he counter attacks with white rods of death that crash into my skull and put Spike back on the floor again. Lol, i thought i was doing well when i finally smashed his face guard off only to realise that now that the thing is out of the way can he blast the boat with LASER BEAMS FROM HELL!! Spike took a mother of a beating. The entire battle was spent running around in circles trying to dodge whatever crazy crap that was being thrown at me and spamming the healing items after every hit that floored me.

The fight was now into it's 30 minute mark and i'm getting tired. I couldn't even scratch my nose without rendering Spike unmovable for one second, most probably the precise second that he gets shot with that bloody lazer beam, lol. I was honestly considering turning off the bloody DreamCast because it was taking so long. I had no items left, and my health was border line half-way mark and i'll remember this moment for the rest of my life - De Rol Le shot another string of those blue orbs as he passed and it knocked Spike down to 4hp. 4!!!! And my Mag bar lit up. Considering i was on my final breath anyway i figured i'd let him have it the second he lands on the boat. I was expecting Spike to get KO'ed right after and i was prepaired to drop my trusty 'Saber +1' during my death scene along with all the money i had aquired up until that point.
De Rol Le leaps out from the water, i punch the Mag fire button and the scene pauses just as De Rol Le's about to land on the boat. My Mag powers up, spins around the ugly water-worm and it kills him!! XD Then it was a roar of triumph and a complete mind-boggle as to just how i made it through that without dying.

Never in my life have i been so chuffed after a boss battle. I'm never really good at boss battles anyway but that really made me sit up and yell. XD

Good memories. :)

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Ahh De Rol Le I had the same feeling when fighting him my friend... cept I died on the first run :D (stupid laser got a critical on me)
I remember on the cube version of pso (my dreamcast version died on me ;_( ) I was playing through the forest for ever on hard mode looking for the dragon slayer (yes weak weapon but hey it looks cool right?) I am known by some as the BLG or "bad luck gamer" so I was playing the forest for what seemed like days until finally after killing a hildabear I found it the Dragon Slayer instantly I was havin abit of a party I pulled it out started swingin it around just thinkin ta myself YES! and at that moment just b4 I could finish that 3rd hit of my combo the game reset itself... I sat there looking at the screen for 5 mins. I was absolutely stunned I had played this game for hours and hours on end and for longer periods and this was the first (and only) time this ever happened to me. Never during the next several years had I encountered this problem, however... now I have over 8 of em in my storage as now they make 98% of my rare drops. so I guess it coulda been worse.

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
Well, while we're on the subject of De Rol Le... in the PSO version (GC) I had taken Ralli, my FOnewearl in to fight him. I did just fine through the caves. But keep in mind, she was a fairly newly made FORCE, so when I went to attack the big worm with Zonde I got... 19. I switched to Foie... 17. D: I was so screwed. I ended up running out of fluids and just dying cause I couldn't do anything else. XD

Now, on the new De Rol Le on Moatoob, I was fighting him with Fyara, my main character. I had my PM (which I still call a MAG) with me to get her XP, and Hyuga with me cause he's a healing machine. So we're wailing on the worm from the side of the boat (fought him yet? It's kinda hard to figure out what to do at first) XD And Hyuga, in all his brilliance, says "Fyara! Let's attack from either side!" I so wished I could throw him in the water so he could do just that. XD (For those who don't know, you can ONLY attack the De Rol Le from his left or right side when he's next to the raft).

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
lol I was the first one of my friends to beat De Rol Le. I waited till lvl 20, scared of him, then wiped the floor with him. Same with Falz (30)

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I just remembered another moment of PSO this actually happened twice to me but I think It'll be worth mentioning...

I was playing as my lvl 115 hunter, Saifer, in the mines in ultimate mode solo. remember the canadins? or whatever they're called, anyway I was fighting a large group of them one of those formations where they all follow the leaders, the red one, commands, I had my photon blast ready to use so the first think I did was get up right underneath them to get ready to use it as soon as I did the leader gave them all the command to lower to the ground (surrounding me) I figured, no big deal I can take a few hits from the flying buggers, so I start to execute the attack in the meaning all the canadins were in attacking range of me, and were trying to hit me from my invulnerable state, my attack hit them all but they all survived it!! as a result the were all stunned simultaneously. But they were too close for my character to even be able to turn around and being stunned simultaneously they also recovered simultaneously and attacked simultaneously. Now those of you who've played PSO know after getting hit you get a short invulnerability period. Unfortunately once the all hit me at the same time The game registered every individual attack against me as one big one causing instant death to my character back then this ticked me off but now it's become a fond memory :P this happen to anyone else?

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
That's happened to me numerous times...it's a glitch for when things resolve at the exact same time. Always been lots of frustrating fun.

My PSO memory is running around as a lvl 116 FOnewearl in the ultimate caves and being killed by traps.
SUCKS!!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Okay, here is a story that just happened last night. I think it's weird enough to merit telling.

Anyway, Blue and I were going to do a quick MAG run last night before server maintenance. Well, she had some stuff to do real quick so I went ahead and decided to wait in the Guardians HQ lobby. I noticed her walking in, and I was sitting on a bench so I decided to type something to get her attention. This is what I said for all to read.

beep

Almost immediately after saying this, every CAST in the lobby huddled around us and started saying very bizarre and/or provocative things. I don't know what I missed, but I never thought saying beep would get such a reaction. You'd of thought I had just insulted their mothers or said the sexiest robot mating call anyone has ever heard. It was really weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users