Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

dreams are known to have meaning

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:well, NiGHTS, of course, but besides that, we got the video games, the techno music, the card magic, and anything that can ammuse the easily ammused. such as the evil golf ball snow globe.
Ok, so back when I was in like about second or first grade... first, I think... I had recently changed schools, and I had a very puzzling dream. Very odd, and very scary, too. (it's Reala's fault :lol:) Anywho, in my dream, I was at my old school, and everyone was panicking. and there were adults there, suddenly. so I got a good look at what was going on outside, and there was... a giant, bouncing head of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. needless to say, I was scared. Wouldn't you be scared in a situation like that? I sure was! so i went to hide. I ran with my step dad and brother (mom was nowhere to be found) to the back of the school... which suddenly turned into a small courtyard, and hid in between a telephone booth and a US postal mailbox, my step dad hid in the phone booth, and my brother jumped into the bush. All I can remember from there was asking dad where my brother was, and hearing the thundering (steps? bounces? jumps?) of the head of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I've been wondering for years now, what is the meaning of that dream. I've been able to put some reason behind most of my other dreams, but that one has had me completely stumped for years now. Do any of you have an idea as to what that means? or a dream that you can't put reason behind of your own?

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Um, wow. Where you studying MLK before you guys moved or something? Maybe you were having trouble at school with something that had to do with black history? I dunno. Freaky dream though, Vert.

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:well, NiGHTS, of course, but besides that, we got the video games, the techno music, the card magic, and anything that can ammuse the easily ammused. such as the evil golf ball snow globe.

Um, wow. Where you studying MLK before you guys moved or something? Maybe you were having trouble at school with something that had to do with black history? I dunno. Freaky dream though, Vert.

I do recall it wasnt too terribly long after talking about MLK.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Better still, were you studying MLK while watching Killer Tomatoes? :lol:
In all seriousness, I'm not sure what this means.. at best it could probably be figured out if you could remember what kind of things went on/what you did that day that you may have had on your mind.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Well, Vert, that might have something to do with it. XD Did you have trouble with learning that?

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
hate to say it, purg, but I have no clue what went on that day, and no, I had no trouble learning it, somni. it just... hapened... it was weird... and scary :P

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
It was probably just a silly dream.. I have those a lot. :P

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Random, weird dreams ftw! Ever been lucid in a dream like that? It's...Odd.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

Random, weird dreams ftw!

Thats all my dreams ever are...

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Thats so weird and creepy! Like I think about it and it actually gives me a small case of the chills lol. It reminds me of a dream I had a looong time ago and there was this Daddy long legs walking towards me but it had like 2 foot long legs and AHH it was so creepy.

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
you see, if I though about that one... for two seconds, apparently. I derived a meaning out of that while I was typing that last sentence.

you're afriad of spiders, but you really shouldnt be, because you overexaggerate what they really are. Daddy long legs are the most harmless of all (and technically most poisonous (last I heard)). They won't hurt you, but you see a giant creepy creature walking towards you when you see a spider.

Now, see, the hard part is putting that into words to get my point across to other people... I hope you got my point.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I got the point, but I'm sure if I had the dream now I probably wouldn't have been too afraid because I had that dream when I was maybe 5 or 6, but the fact that it was 2 feet tall just made it seem so freakish like it came out of Silent Hill XD

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
nice reference. Here's a link to an article about the real silent hill, btw: It's somewhere in pennsylvania.

So, I just thought I might add, I'mma have a rather interesting night tonight. I just read a (freakin huge) article about lucid dreaming. I'mma give my shot at it. I hope it works. I gotta thank Somni for that one too. I'mma give her a really big hug at school monday ^^

Ninja Liz-chan

Ninja Liz-chan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Videogames, Science fiction, cartoons, manga, art, music and writting.
uwah, that's one crazy dream. I"m really bad at guessing meanings in dreams, infact I was only able to guess a few of mine, the rest REALLYdon't make any sence and are proably just my subcontious getting excitable. One dream I sort of told the future in it, I saw my now ex-friend Tiffany crying while trying to talk to my mom and my friend Meag who where ignoring her. (though the rest of the dream didn't make sence, I was dressed up as Alcard from Hellsing while my arm was bleeding and my band teacher was in a giant bee suit. o_O ) But anyways, later Tiffany did almost the same thing, cept my mom wasn't there, but when I told my mom she had almot the same reaction. Basiclaly Tiff was being a dork and then later she decieded to tell us where to go because we didn't like her stalker boyfriend and basically abandoned us. ANYWAYS I'm talking about me not you, sorry anyways.

Hum, giant bouncing heads....no I really don't know where this one is going. It could be that It just doens't have any meaning at all. I mean, I'm pretty sure my dream about Luke Skywalker having a fight with JAson from the friday the 13th (which is weird becaue I've never seen Firday the 13th....) certanly didn't have any meaning that I saw. Maybe you'll never figure it out. Then again I'm not a psychiatist. heh :D Maybe somebody else has some better information.

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
eh, i guess it has no meaning. But it was still a cool dream :D I had just heard *somewhere* think it was the tv, that "all dreams are expressions of though or predictions of the future". That one stood out in particular, but perhaps my mind just wanted to have a bit of fun ^_^

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
There's always a little bit of meaning in everything. ;3 Not every dream is a prediction, but all dreams do have a tendency to reflect something about the dreamer. The representation of MLKJr is probably because you'd been studying him recently. Fear or anxiety (whichever it happened to be) probably means that something was bothering you around that time, or that you were beginning to realize something and you wanted to flee from it. The fact that it was only your brother and step-dad, your mother not being present, probably means that it might have been something you thought was childish and thus only wanted to be around male peer figures. The setting might have had something to do with whatever it was that was bothering you. Courtyard might have been a safe haven or just an unidentifiable change, I'm really not sure.

...I have no idea what the bouncing head part might mean. XD;

I probably missed a bit of symbolism, but meh. xD If I can find my dreaming stuff, I could give you something more thorough and probably a bit more accurate than what I'm saying here.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

nice reference. Here's a link to an article about the real silent hill, btw: It's somewhere in pennsylvania.

So, I just thought I might add, I'mma have a rather interesting night tonight. I just read a (freakin huge) article about lucid dreaming. I'mma give my shot at it. I hope it works. I gotta thank Somni for that one too. I'mma give her a really big hug at school monday ^^

I hope all works out, and good luck! My lucid dream failed last night :P; Lol

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
yeah, I couldnt even remember any of my dreams... just... dancing...
that's it. No music, didnt know where, when, why, I was just dancing. I have no clue who that was with me either... but... that's it...

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
i dont think my dreams ever have complete meaning :3 maybe a little bit of it. but not ever much.

universalperson

universalperson

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Bouncing heads may just be a referece to Puffy.

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Bouncing heads may just be a referece to Puffy.

:o YES!! :D

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
LOLLERSKATES! XD Puffy, hahaha! Look out, Vert! She's gunna kill you with her bad opera-singing!! (nah, i love puffy!)

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
Well, maybe you were feeling a bit taken from your old life (by moving) and thus your mom was gone and your brother hid in a bush instead of next to you. MLK.. i dont know. XD i can usually interpret dreams of people i know really well but i never really get the hang of people i dont know.

anyway, yeah. i've always loved thinking my dreams had meaning. a lot of times, they do! recently, my family wanted to go to ohio for the weekend because we have family there and we left some stuff (we recently moved from there). So i had a dream the night before we left and it was of my biological dad (who lives in ohio) chasing me around and he wouldn't. stop. following. me!!! i ran to my best friend's house and tried to give her a picture i had drawn just that night (in real life) and as i was giving it to her, she said, "I promise i won't laugh!" and he ALMOST took it before she got it. Anyway, it was enough to freak me out so then i told my parents i didnt want to go. However, when they left, he wouldn't stop CALLING me while i was AT my friend's house. and at school that day (it was friday) i was giving her the picture and word for word she said what she said in my dream. i was saved but in all sense i was still being followed. OH wellll....

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I'm surprised nobody brought up the obvious "I have a dream..." quote. maybe it was some weird way of trying to make you lucid by telling you directly it was a dream? somehow I doubt that.

`Cow Demon

`Cow Demon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I always thought dreams came from images of what you did in that day, added with flashes of memory. XD I never really thought they have meaning.

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
i like to think of them as actual WORKING horoscopes. XDD

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I didn't think they had meaning either. Mine are so stupid, that I could disprove it lol.

Just one more post till dreamer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users