Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

And... we're back

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
TIZ I.

I HATH RETURNDETHTHTHETH...eth.

DiGi is slaving away at college just now, haw haw, but I'm sitting here having the net just been reinstalled in our new home eating cookies and putting off hoovering sawdust allover the livingroom carpet :/

Anyhoo, i figured i better post a topic to let you all know we have our intornets back. Well technicaly my brother does, i still have to wire my router across the hall >_>

Thanks for all the support while we were gone, it was apreciated and kept our spirits high when things got really really crap (skillfully avoiding death/starvation/disease we had a pretty hellish time which i wont be repeating again for a long time) But then things got good because us three make a l33t team. It was haaaaaaaard, but hard work pays off :3

Also! Ooh ooh! THANKYOU TONS to the people who've bought my Orange bookie :P That really cheered me up offline. Actually i have a meeting with a buisness coach tommorow regarding my iMAGNi stoofs. Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm drawing up the first 2 issues of my actual comic- WHICH NOW HAS A BLOODY NAME D: godforbid.

Right! I'll be back tommorow/tonight/whenever after i wire the house up with stealage. I only came online to play some MP3's because i've been without music for weeks now TOT

*blares moosics*

Love you all! Think of me washing dishes and baking cakes... or something equally domestic.

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters & beasties, insects & spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams & nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
Glad to hear that things are getting back to normal for you guys!

I kept meaning to reply to the other thread, but the words kept failing me over how surprised and shocked I was over it all. >.< I'm reeeally glad to see that you two found somewhere so fast. I dunno how the council works over there in Edinburghland, but over here it can take yonks to get a place( or that's how it seems in the east end, anyway ), and the last thing I wanted was you two to be stuck in a hostel for months. D:

Sorry to hear that you had such a rough time whilst homeless, but thankfully you can put it behind you, now. And yay at meeting someone over your IMAGNi stuff! Good luck with that ( get your stuff in the shops so I can buy it, dammit. *shakes fist* ). =D

Anyway, yes! Welcome back. =D

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Posted Image
Congrats, look forward to seeing how you guys PiMP out your new digs

Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic the hedgehog, anime, manga, drawing, books, photoshop, j-pop and rock, reading and writing fanfiction, cooking and lots of other stuff....... ^_^
Congratulations! Glad to see you're back in action . Good luck with the iMAGNi stuff :lol:

Leedz

Leedz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
As I just said like... a few hours ago in the 'goodbye' thread, I'm just so unbelievably relieved you guys are okay. <:3

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
Welcome back, sweetheart! Glad to hear you're doing well!

I can only imagine what you guys have been going through these past few weeks, but I'm glad it's over, and everything seems to have turned out fantastically. I sure hope it has.

I wish Digi the best of luck in college out there, and the both of you luck with whatever ventures you're planning next! I can only imagine!

Oh, and I didn't know the Orange iMAGNi book was out-- I'll go snag myself a copy this afternoon. <3 Promise.
Once again, good luck with that series! I'm sure everything will work out wonderfully, but I won't deny that the time and effort going into it is stressful. Don't burn yourself out, dear! You're busy enough the way it is!

Enjoy your cookies and music, hon, and welcome back. It's really a joy to have you here again so soon.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Welcome back to the both of you! I'm really glad that you're safe and sound in your new home. Hugs for you!

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Oh yay! you're all back and well!! 8D Its a christmas miracle!!

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Glad and happy that you is back, safe and sound. Don't forget to show us a photo of your new pad, even if it's not much, lol XD I love seeing peoples' new houses :3

Wish I could buy the book as my own pitiful attempt at a housewarming thing, but I'm working on something to give you at Auchi instead this year :lol:

Anyhoo, hugs and stuffs for you *big crush hug and cookies* and have fun being out in your own house XD

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Really glad to hear you guys are doing ok and have settled in : ) And now with added intornets !

I missed you guys !

Man I'm looking forward to this iMAGNi stuff :lol:

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *stabs self with needle on accident; blood spews everywhere*

SQUEE--OH FAAAAAACK!

"Mom! Mom! TRiPPY's got a home! =D"

"That's great! ...Who's TRiPPY again?"

"The lady with the...*sighs* Never mind."

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!! 8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD *glomplehug of deathful joy* ..... Yes, I know I have no right to be so affectionate (nevermind that I'd likely never do that in person for fear of crushing you in my 5'10"-ness; I'd probably just jump around you making excited squeaking noises), but I was worried. ;0;

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
"And the skys opeaned up and we shout ALLAULH! (or something like that)"
*throws confetti and does happy dance* I missed u's!

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
I. MISSED. YOU. In a non-creppy sort of way.

Welcome back TRiPPY!

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Yay!! Im glad you guys are back! *Jig of Joy*

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
Good to hear you guys are safe and sound. (b^.^)b

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Glad to hear from you! I myself have been away for a while (being the Storm Hawks junkie I am) and gotten myself in all sorts of mischief since you've been gone. x3

Glad to hear you're alright. I got worried. x3

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Welcome back!! Glad you guys found a place and you've got the "intornets" back! LOL

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Heeeeey welcome back you guys!! Glad everything turned out okay.
also good luck with the imagni stuff Lynne, I cant wait to see the comics :(

mackerz

mackerz

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
That's great that you're back and well! Good luck with your meeting~

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
8D Mama TRiPPY!! Okairi! Sounds like you've gotten through the worst of it and there's nothing but sunshine headed your way! Especially with all the iMAGINi excitement! X3 Ganbatte yo!

(...... will try to stop spouting Japanese at random. So solly. :(; WELCOME HOME!!)

Cruithne

Cruithne

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
WOOHOO!!! =D *brings in cyber-cheesecake*

If only I could find a way to send something real without having to pay~

Diogothedreamer

Diogothedreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid gamer but also enjoy all kinds of other hobbies such as going out to museums,events and such. As it is currently Winter it means hibernating in house rather than going out a lot. <br /><br /> I should also mention that growing up playing on SEGa systems it is now my favorite game company in the whole world. The games developed by it always inspire me a lot and remind me of all those games many years ago such as Nights that I have many fond memories of. <br /><br />I also am really creative and tend to do all kinds of art such as drawings,painting and such. However, lately I have focused more on my computing course so have not done much. :)
Way to go and glad to see it all worked out really well as I couldnt even play much NiGHTS or visit here because it reminded me of you and your friend homeless somewhere.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
eyy, nice to see things worked out for you. Is it just the three of you in a place now?

Zoe

Zoe

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Welcome back, guys! I'm glad you're back safe and sound. :(

I_Am

I_Am

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Great guys...amazing. So elated to have you back, and with all new 'intornets'. Glad you like your sawdust enough not to do anything. Have a good time and relax, kay TRiP?

So elated, gives you that sort of "Oh, it's all okay now." feeling.

P.S. Also, now that you have internet, can you play PSU? I've been hoping one day I'd see one of you on there lol.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Glad your back on the WWW! But I can't think of you doing anything else other than drawing NiGHTS stuff in your room cluttered with NiGHTS stuff. But still! *Plays Iron Man by Black Sabbath and shakes hair like at a metal concert*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

I dunno how the council works over there in Edinburghland, but over here it can take yonks to get a place( or that's how it seems in the east end, anyway ),

Yup, you said it. The council turned out to be a bunch of useless frickin idiots who gave us no help whatsoever because i wasn't on drugs, an alchoholic, had 10 children (also with drug addictions I'd presume), missing limbs, a psycho killer or a complete chav who got pregnant just to get a cheap place to live e_e; So basicly if you're a regular joe not claiming benefits and being a good law abidding citizen you get supremely shafted in every sense of the word. Also because DiGi is a full time student they were going to make us pay... get this... £560 A WEEK... to LIVE IN A HOSTEL :| WTF. What homeless person has sodding £500 to spend each week??? You can book into posh hotels for that, jeezus. The council told us we'd never get a house with them, even though we were on the streets homeless, because just being on the streets ISN'T priority e_e You have to have a gimmick.

One night was terrible, we were out in a -EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME- snow blizzard on a street corner (i think Glasgow would have got that crazy snow too) trying to figure out wtf we were going to do because nobody (not even my family or nearby friends would help)(conveniant broken promises). We were so cold i thought my brother was going to die. We ended up sitting on a bus to get warm. I was like hghgygfydgfyugduyfg.

Anyway, nothanks to DiGi's connections and caring family we were able to put a deposit on a private flat (non council). Our landlord is awesome and the house is sexy. There's three of us living here (we brought DeZ). I'm glad we managed to stay in this area. At one point we were going to run to London because we had no other options, but something of a miracle happened and our luck returned full force. We managed quite a lot in just a week. Never been so tired in all my life, lost a lot of weight XD; Walkingwalkingwalking.

You really apreciate the little things i guess. It feels nice to have our own freedom and responsibility now. And family meal times :( It's nice to sit around a table with the people you care about.

P.S. Also, now that you have internet, can you play PSU? I've been hoping one day I'd see one of you on there lol.

Sadly not right now, we can't afford any online subscriptions when we have rent and bills to pay. Maybe later on though :3

Oh, and I didn't know the Orange iMAGNi book was out-- I'll go snag myself a copy this afternoon. <3 Promise.

Huzzahr! Thankyou very much :)

Don't forget to show us a photo of your new pad, even if it's not much, lol XD I love seeing peoples' new houses :3

Oh they're be photos once I've finished unpacking and rebuilding my stupid bits of furniture XD; I have no computer desk right now, so I'm using Dereks PC. Our bedroom has enough giant cuboards to put Narnia to shame.

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
£500+. A week. In a freaking homeless unit. That is... words honestly can't describe just how messed up that is. Usually you're homeless because, y'know, you can't afford regular rent and bills. Jeez.

And yeah, about that thing with being a druggie/chav/preggers/psychopath/all of the above, I can say that I agree with you 100%. The flat above ours used to be a homeless unit, and you wouldn't believe the crackjobs we got in there. Not a single decent family moved into that house. Not one. The last lot were the absolute worst ( especially the husband who was a drug pusher, wife-beater, drunken ass who would play music an any and all times of the day at volumes where the windows were reverbating loudly, threatened to rape us and others in the close, guh the list goes on, and the council let him have that flat for near enough an effing year despite complaints from us, the close down the road and even the people across the bloody street. >_< ). I sometimes get jumpy when someone is walking around upstairs, now. Bleh.

Basically, what I'm saying is, even though I wasn't out there in the streets, I know to an extent the crap that they make you put up with. And it totally sucks. I freaking hate the council.

I remember that mad-snow. I was thinking about you two that night, hoping that you'd have SOMEWHERE to go out of it. God, that must have been harrowing. *hug hugs* I'm so glad you made it out of that hellish situation as, seriously, being made homeless during winter has to be one of the worst things ever.

Major props to DiGi's family, man. That was truly awesome how they came through for you, and must have indeed felt a miracle, considering how it looked like everyone else had closed their doors to you. I'm soooo so glad you're out of that. ( I know I keep saying it, but damn, it's true ) That was a serious test of your courage and determination, and if anything, you're quite the inspiration to any of us who might end up in a similar situation, for coming through it as well as you did. Truly, Red you are. D:

As for that PSU point. Yus. Join us ( when you can, settling in and getting your money sorted for your bills comes waaaay first ).

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
What annoyed me the most was my mothers BIZZARE pressumptions that the council would magicaly give us a house. Nomatter how many times i told her, showed her evidence in written form and came back from the offices about to have a goddamn breakdown, she thought we were lying because they 'have a legal obligation to help us'... damn... maybe in her head in the 80's... but the system has changed so MUCH (its got WORSE) since the last time i was homeless. And back then my mum was a single parent with 2 kids, living in a womens refuge, I'd say THAT was priority and we ended up having to live there for 4 friggin YEARS. So yeah, not much help there.

I have to say though, despite major clashing between me and my mum, we really get on now, i think she feels guilty. It feels good to know that it was us who got all this done. I feel proud... and incredibly sorry for anyone else who finds themselves in this situation alone. I've been toying with the idea of maybe years down the line setting up some kind of charity to help homeless people who ARENT NEDS, lol. The council is complete black and white bollox right now. They only encourage people with problems to continue wallowing in them. No wonder girls get themselves pregnant if they have no other option. It must be frightening to have no guidance :(;

In other news i just accidentaly done something gross to my big toe ToT oh god *runs off to try fix it*

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
*silent scream* D8 I KNEW IT'D BE FREEZING AND THAT'S WHY I WAS WORRIED!!!!! *sits down with her head in her hands* No offense, but your council sounds no smarter than a barrel of fish.

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters &amp; beasties, insects &amp; spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams &amp; nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
You've every right to feel proud, that's for sure. And that charity idea is wonderful. It'd be a damn sight more useful than the so called helpful council. I could go on and rant about them, but I'd just be repeating what's already been said by the pair of us.

...we sound like two complaining old ladies standing outside the post office on pension day, don't we... D:

Anyway, yes, go fix your toe. o.O;

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I feel really bad that I can't relate to your issue...though, I don't take the roof over my head for granted...or anything for granted, in fact. I hate it when people at school call me "spoiled" and "rich" even though I still wear significantly cheaper clothes than they do (sometimes coming from thrift stores, while they pay $600 for a pair of jeans that have holes in them!) and the fact that I have to work for 90% of the things I want.

One question has been bugging me this entire time: Where were all of your belongings during this time? :blink:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Dude my big toenail is falling off D: eeeew

Sorry, uh lol, our stuff was in big boxes i had to pack that were all shoved in my brothers room. At least she didn't throw it outside.

I HATE BOXES.

It's official.

*now has Reala arm muscles*

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Dude my big toenail is falling off D: eeeew

*now has Reala arm muscles*

...THIS MENTAL IMAGE IS MILDLY DISTURBING. D=

Edit: Uhm...got any superglue? I use that when my nails are chipped/broken; I dunno if that's what you're experiencing or if the whole thing is falling off--in which case, there's not much you can do, except bandage it and keep it from getting infected.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Geee, my little sister did that once; I can only guess how painful that is, and understand just how disgusting.

..... NONE OF YOU GOT FROSTBITE DID YOU?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:< *will be sincerely pissed with them stupid-head council people if you did* ..... *was hoping it wouldn't be quite that cold, and is why she has her head in her hand* I should be immensely relieved. D:

*suddenly has the thought of TRiPPY and Reala entering some sort of Mr./Ms. Galaxy contest* D: God help my wandering brain...

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
You know someone's going to end up drawing you with Reala-muscles, now. XD

and eww. I had a fingernail come off once. It's quite revolting. =X

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
*snuggles TRiP and gives her moar cookehs* Save some for DiGi. >.>

Welcome back, TRiPPY~<3 I missed yooooou. =w=

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Yup, you said it. The council turned out to be a bunch of useless frickin idiots who gave us no help whatsoever because i wasn't on drugs, an alchoholic, had 10 children (also with drug addictions I'd presume), missing limbs, a psycho killer or a complete chav who got pregnant just to get a cheap place to live e_e; So basicly if you're a regular joe not claiming benefits and being a good law abidding citizen you get supremely shafted in every sense of the word. Also because DiGi is a full time student they were going to make us pay... get this... £560 A WEEK... to LIVE IN A HOSTEL :| WTF. What homeless person has sodding £500 to spend each week??? You can book into posh hotels for that, jeezus. The council told us we'd never get a house with them, even though we were on the streets homeless, because just being on the streets ISN'T priority e_e You have to have a gimmick.

Oh god I have heard that story from many out here in the US too. In fact, my mother couldn't get a job or home from this one company because she was homeless without a criminal record. Gee that makes a lot of sense. Isn't the system wonderful. :blink:

I hate boxes too. I have to move about 2 times a year. It really gets annoying as hell.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Im still getting over just how relieved I am that you two are safe and sound. I can't believe you were out on the streets on that night of the Big Snow <: ( I was damn worried that night in case that was the case. I even had a dream that night where I went out to find you two, and found you in a car park =/.

I think there must have been a luck storm the last couple of weeks or something, as my family was also in a spot of trouble, and things managed to turn around really quickly.

I'm just glad yous are ok and have your own roof now : D. I'm coming over with a housewarming gift sometime... when I have a job and can afford it :blink: I might be late.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users