Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JoD released in Japan

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I just had a thought; the Japanese game is going to be in Japanese, so we wouldn't be hearing Reala's english voice even if they do post vids of him. ..... But I wants to hear it aaaaaanyyyyyyyyyyywaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, and NiGHTS, too. =^-^=

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
*faints at the thought of Japanese Reala* Bishiiiieeee.....

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Harry Potter, drawing, reading, gaming.
We in the UK still have to wait til January 25th though right? TTWTT

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

I just had a thought; the Japanese game is going to be in Japanese, so we wouldn't be hearing Reala's english voice even if they do post vids of him

If the people on GameFAQs who supposedly have it already are right, there is full English support for voices and text. Then again, that is GameFAQs and the people playing it may show videos in Japanese as well. Who knows?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Seiya has confirmed in the News section that THERE ARE NO JAPANESE VOICES. ATTN: JoD IS ALWAYS IN ENGLISH, GUYS!

There's subtitles. But only one cast of voices, apparently.

Edit- for now. Maybe EU release will have a few 'add-ons'.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
So no German Reala then? Oh well, the voices can't be that bad, right? Right? Besides, if I can stand to play Elebits, I'm sure I can handle whatever Sega decides to throw at me now.

Wait, if the entire game is always in English, why is the world-wide release not happening?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
According to at least a couple reviews now, the voice acting is actually pretty good..

It's a shame that they didn't do a worldwide release in the end, it's rather unfair. I'm still kinda surprised the delay didn't happen

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Seiya only said that there was no Japanese voice actors. She didn't say anything about the other languages, only that the Japanese get Japanese sub-titles over English voice acting.

You know, this could be why here in we Europe have to wait for our version. Perhaps only the European version gets the different voice acting? Just a thought.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I guess that's good to hear, about the voices not being too bad. Maybe the biggest thing with them is that nobody wanted NiGHTS to be voiced or that the choice of voice was not neccessarily the best. Eh, whatever.

Doesn't seem to be any new videos on YouTube yet. Unless I'm not searching very well.

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
I think it's probably because there're so many different languages to translate the sub-titles into. There couldn't be that many lines of dialogue though...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I guess it is just an assumption, we don't know for sure there won't be any other voices, but for there to not be any Japanese voices kinda says (to me, anyway) that there's only one voice cast. For a series that originated in Japan not to have any Japanese voice acting is new to me.

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

You know, this could be why here in we Europe have to wait for our version. Perhaps only the European version gets the different voice acting? Just a thought.

That's a good point, Europe does have a lot of different languages.

Semi-off-topic: Digi, did you get the newer tv ad I sent in a few days ago?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Semi-off-topic: Digi, did you get the newer tv ad I sent in a few days ago?

Ah yeah, sorry i didn't reply yet. We've been a bit busy lately working on the website. But we got it and thanks for sending it to us so quickly. Cheers. ^^

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Sure thing! And don't worry about being busy, I know how stuff is.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
There are no Japanese voices? UGH! The rating just went down for me a tad bit. I am sorry, but I can't stand playing games in English. If I even get the option for Japanese, then I take it in a heartbeat. (Well I would never do that with KH if the option were available. I wouldn't be able to stand hearing Disney characters with different voices. ) I know you guys say its not that bad...and from what I hear its not. But NiGHTS voice bothers me to no end. I just can't stand it. I hope to god the other languages are there, but I am getting my hopes up.

*Grumbles in a corner as she gets ready to preorder NiD for PS2*

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA & Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
Aww.. no Japanese voice acting... NUUUUUUUUU!! I hope the US version has other voiced lauguages besides English. >.<

Speaking of which.. I wonder how far the people in Japan have gotten in JoD?

Tsukasa

Tsukasa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
<_< Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE (:o Go Dreamer @ Dec 14 2007, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww.. no Japanese voice acting... NUUUUUUUUU!! I hope the US version has other voiced lauguages besides English. >.<

Speaking of which.. I wonder how far the people in Japan have gotten in JoD?[/quote]
Very much doubt they'll add new voices. It'll probably just have subs for all the different languages.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
*punches Japan so hard I get the game early from the sheer shockwave force of impact causing it to fly into my hands*

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I dunno if it's already been addressed, but I get a LOT of my games from play-asia. Hell, I even bought this baby from there a few weeks back! They're very reliable, and usually give you vouchers to use on your next order, too! =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users